AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember who I was discussing this case with (another poster though) and after hearing the cliff notes version of it - they said "well, what would be the point in killing Brittney but not the victim?" and I've never not thought about that question.

What did they have to gain in killing Brittney but not the victim nor other perps?
What good would it do?
Why would Donnie kill her and then himself?
I'm sure they all knew Randall had talked to the cops. I'm sure they were all fearing that they were busted. Wendy and Donnie knew they were hot water as it was. Chessie knew at the time of Donnies suicide that she had to make up a story regarding how close he came to HER house (because of minors and the implications).

I do not think Brittney is deceased, I cannot however attest how or why she fled. We can speculate on these things but it's been a year and a half - and while people disappear all the time, only a few of those people do so voluntarily and reemerge unscathed. If she fled to Texas or somewhere she had some roots/friends - she would have little options in the way of work because her social security #. That as far as we know, has not been used. That means she's either using a fake one, working as a stripper etc, living off of someone AND not been sick, in the ER or gotten arrested. For a young person who has had at least the net of her family to keep her afloat, this takes a lot of energy and common sense to avoid being caught.

Anything is possible though. Anything. I put nothing past the Wood clan. I could see them paying her / wiring her funds IF she knows something that has not come out yet. What could get everyone in bigger trouble and hold the truth that they can't escape? There's only one answer and it's creation of child *advertiser censored*.

There are jobs though where legally you need a ss# but it isn't always done. Babysitting, housecleaning, yard sales, pet sitting, dog walking, etc. While they pay wouldn't be great, better than nothing!

GRENADA COUNTY, Miss. (WALA) - U.S. Marshals have arrested a man wanted in connection to an alleged child sex ring that has been investigated for more than a year.

Nelton 'Butch' Morgan is facing charges in the case involving the family of missing Mobile mother Brittney Wood.

A warrant was signed for his arrest on charges of rape and sexual abuse of a child under the age of 12
http://www.fox10tv.com/news/mississippi/sex-abuse-suspect-arrested-by-marshals-in-mississippi

There are jobs though where legally you need a ss# but it isn't always done. Babysitting, housecleaning, yard sales, pet sitting, dog walking, etc. While they pay wouldn't be great, better than nothing!

In reality I don't see her living anywhere that dog walking is a job or career. I don't see Brittney as the pet sitting type and I can't imagine her babysitting without longing for her daughter at some point.

Unless she's stripping I can't see her earning enough to support her ability to be on the run with an alias accepted as gospel and no one caring to question it.

But how many people actually know she is missing????

I don't think the "brains" of this group has been arrested yet.

I am inclined to think that, too. Also, as I mentioned earlier this month, it seems in every case I read about, the perpetrators trade or sell their pictures and videos.

I guess it comes down to (1) being a business for someone, or (2) being a bunch of degenerate people who just happen to be related.

I need to add that I am never right on my suppositions, so the idea that someone has remained under the radar and distributed videos is probably not correct.

But how many people actually know she is missing????

Everyone googles everyone within her age group. It wouldn't take a whole lot for someone to figure her out for missing.Anything is possible here but we are talking about a girl with an 8th grade education and zero life skills. No disrespect towards her, this is just her reality.

And who the hell would trust a stranger with an odd story of why she's living in that town/city - with their kids or pets?! If someone is that careless and does no background checking, they don't deserve either or.

All jobs google employees. More so if their employee is a young pretty thing.

For reference:

Thursday, October 24 2013, 04:02 PM CDT

Bonds were set as follows:
Dustin Kent (Brittney's uncle) - $330,000
William Brownlee (friend of deceased Donald Holland) - $210,000
Mendy Kent (Brittney's maternal aunt) - $60,000
Wendy Holland (Brittney's maternal aunt and Mendy's twin sister) - $30,000 James Cumbaa (Brittney's relative by marriage) - $150,000
Randall Scott (Brittney's uncle) - $9,000

A preliminary hearing for five of the six listed above will be November 14. Randall Scott will be in court November 6.

Read More at: http://www.local15tv.com/shared/new..._bond-hearing-6-charged-sex-crimes-5073.shtml

It seems that Dustin Kent is in the lead with the most charges and highest bonds. Of course we don't know what Donnie would have faced.

GRENADA COUNTY, Miss. (WALA) - U.S. Marshals have arrested a man wanted in connection to an alleged child sex ring that has been investigated for more than a year.

Nelton 'Butch' Morgan is facing charges in the case involving the family of missing Mobile mother Brittney Wood.

A warrant was signed for his arrest on charges of rape and sexual abuse of a child under the age of 12
http://www.fox10tv.com/news/mississippi/sex-abuse-suspect-arrested-by-marshals-in-mississippi

nelton-morgan_1382736553156_3761830_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Yep. He's all kinds of filthy.

At least four victims are known to have come forward and various departments from the county, state and federal levels have been working the cases for nearly two years.

Several of the victims were either under the age of 12 when the alleged abuse occurred, or are still under that age, she said. And as one victim comes forward, that individual sometimes identifies younger siblings or family members who might be too young to come forward, “and that has added some urgency to the investigation and to some of the arrests,” Patterson said.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/10/prosecuting_child_sex_abuse_in.html#incart_river_default

Could Britt be in some kind of shelter program? I know there are underground places for battered women, where they can be relocated and given new identities. She could have connected with someone who lead her in this kind of direction... Maybe??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Construction, agriculture-seasonal farm workers who follow the harvest throughout the country, landscaper, poultry plants, meat processors. Basically any job that hires non-documented employees.

If she has fake documents the list is endless.

I can't remember who I was discussing this case with (another poster though) and after hearing the cliff notes version of it - they said "well, what would be the point in killing Brittney but not the victim?" and I've never not thought about that question.

What did they have to gain in killing Brittney but not the victim nor other perps?
What good would it do?
Why would Donnie kill her and then himself?
I'm sure they all knew Randall had talked to the cops. I'm sure they were all fearing that they were busted. Wendy and Donnie knew they were hot water as it was. Chessie knew at the time of Donnies suicide that she had to make up a story regarding how close he came to HER house (because of minors and the implications).

I do not think Brittney is deceased, I cannot however attest how or why she fled. We can speculate on these things but it's been a year and a half - and while people disappear all the time, only a few of those people do so voluntarily and reemerge unscathed. If she fled to Texas or somewhere she had some roots/friends - she would have little options in the way of work because her social security #. That as far as we know, has not been used. That means she's either using a fake one, working as a stripper etc, living off of someone AND not been sick, in the ER or gotten arrested. For a young person who has had at least the net of her family to keep her afloat, this takes a lot of energy and common sense to avoid being caught.

Anything is possible though. Anything. I put nothing past the Wood clan. I could see them paying her / wiring her funds IF she knows something that has not come out yet. What could get everyone in bigger trouble and hold the truth that they can't escape? There's only one answer and it's creation of child *advertiser censored*.

"Nothing past the Wood clan"--- except I doubt that any one of them can keep their collective mouths shut. I seriously doubt that any of these "people" care about her at all. If she is alive, she may be waitressing somewhere or found someone to put her up, so to speak. The SSN is no problem, and her education or lack there-of doesn't qualify her for a job that requires any education or trained skills. That sorry family wouldn't give a rat's butt about keeping her safe, much less sending her $.
You are correct about the child *advertiser censored*.

I have always leaned strongly in the direction that Brittney was no long alive but have always hoped/prayed that she was alive.

My first thought if she were alive would be that she got caught in the sex slave business. Maybe Uncle DH thought he was giving her a way out of town...and that person duped DH and sold/used her in the sex slave trade.

This is from a post made by Butch Morgan on October 17, 2011 on FB:

(sic)
"Life is great but I hate fake people some i have known for 18 Years or more some 3 or 4 years u know who u r life is better with out u just try being real if u can and c what happens. my thought for the day"

https://www.facebook.com/cficaptainmorgan

Who was he mad/upset with and why??? He was mad at more than one person.

This investigation has been going on for almost 2 yrs. or so according to reports. Were things unraveling for them back then? Was he mad at DH? Was he mad at Brittney?

He's a trucker. Did DH take Brittney to Butch thinking he would get her out of Mobile and get her to safety? And then Butch duped DH and did something to Brittney?

Just something about that post has had me wondering since I read it a few days ago.:twocents:

Im beginning to believe dustin Kent is the ringleader here not Donnie Holland
I am not sure Dustin has the brains to be the ringleader, but I'd say he was one of the "more" perverted and active ones.

It gives me the cold chills when I think of him helping coach his son's ball team.
(He said on his FB that he helped coach...but then again he also listed an employer on his FB.)

And I still want to puke when I remember a couple of pics of him with a child on his lap. :puke: He should have NO bail!

Sorry i dont know all details of this case but shes a young mother? Is the baby also missing? If not is it in tje custody of the family?

Sorry i dont know all details of this case but shes a young mother? Is the baby also missing? If not is it in tje custody of the family?
Her child is being raised by the bio father and his grandmother. Brittney gave up custody of Payton before she went missing.

Brittney's bio father and stepmother (who are shocked/appalled at the Wood clan) are actively involved with Payton. They keep her every other weekend. Brittney's stepmom posts on here.

here's the thing about "sex slave business" and please don't take this as me being a know it all or being mean.

The media sensationalizes it to the fullest. What you're seeing on tv is not reality or even close. Those news reports last week about the sex industry in Chicago (my hometown) really upset me because the woman they showed to be a savior of sorts is not very well tolerated by us outreach workers. WE actually hate her. She's mean, spiteful and does turn these underage girls into police! Do they report her bs? Nope.

Also the sex trade industry as far as slaves are concerned isn't big for girls over the age of 18 - unless eastern bloc. The reality of it is: the younger the better (for pimps). Brittney isn't the typical type. She had a fighter spirit about her and I don't see anyone being able to keep that girl under their spell or against her will. If she had anything she had will to be her own force. A force to reckon with.

As far as underground programs are concerned; I don't know how these work but I don't think they are easy to come by and judging by how many family members and friends have been caught .. I don't think we are dealing with smarts and sophistic behaviors. I don't believe they would have the ability to find such a thing.

I know that I get on the nerves of many because I have thrown out the sex work aspect from early on. I am in sex work and don't plan on leaving it. Im going on 19 years within that community/field. I consider myself a veteran. I know so many that left home, were considered missing and have been gone for a long long time. I can't express how absolutely easy it is to walk into a club and begin a new life. It's more than easy and I challenge anyone to dispute that. The job isn't easy but starting over within that field is. Cash on hand that day plus all the hookups from cars, houses, hotels, travel and drugs you could imagine .. if not more. That's just stripping!

I can't find a reason why they would kill Brittney, which is why I keep hope alive that she is alive. The statistics speak otherwise on this but my gut feels opposite and Im not too sure why that is.

I think Chessie knows everything though, for that Im almost certain.

here's the thing about "sex slave business" and please don't take this as me being a know it all or being mean.

The media sensationalizes it to the fullest. What you're seeing on tv is not reality or even close. Those news reports last week about the sex industry in Chicago (my hometown) really upset me because the woman they showed to be a savior of sorts is not very well tolerated by us outreach workers. WE actually hate her. She's mean, spiteful and does turn these underage girls into police! Do they report her bs? Nope.

Also the sex trade industry as far as slaves are concerned isn't big for girls over the age of 18 - unless eastern bloc. The reality of it is: the younger the better (for pimps). Brittney isn't the typical type. She had a fighter spirit about her and I don't see anyone being able to keep that girl under their spell or against her will. If she had anything she had will to be her own force. A force to reckon with.

As far as underground programs are concerned; I don't know how these work but I don't think they are easy to come by and judging by how many family members and friends have been caught .. I don't think we are dealing with smarts and sophistic behaviors. I don't believe they would have the ability to find such a thing.

I know that I get on the nerves of many because I have thrown out the sex work aspect from early on. I am in sex work and don't plan on leaving it. Im going on 19 years within that community/field. I consider myself a veteran. I know so many that left home, were considered missing and have been gone for a long long time. I can't express how absolutely easy it is to walk into a club and begin a new life. It's more than easy and I challenge anyone to dispute that. The job isn't easy but starting over within that field is. Cash on hand that day plus all the hookups from cars, houses, hotels, travel and drugs you could imagine .. if not more. That's just stripping!

I can't find a reason why they would kill Brittney, which is why I keep hope alive that she is alive. The statistics speak otherwise on this but my gut feels opposite and Im not too sure why that is.

I think Chessie knows everything though, for that Im almost certain.
It makes sense what you are saying about the sex slave business. All I know about it is what I have read.

I hope and pray that Brittney is alive, but my hopes are not high. She is a pretty young thing. Maybe she is living with some guy.

Just throwing out random thoughts.

Quote:
In a phone interview with the Press-Register/AL.com, Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Nicki Patterson – who is the lead prosecutor in the above cases, and specializes in handling child cases – shared some insights into how she and her colleagues balance protecting the young victims and bringing predators to justice.

“This is a more layered group than we have seen or uncovered here in Mobile,” Patterson said.

And while it’s unusual to find a case that spans both sides of the bay, she said the alleged inter-family sexual abuse isn’t a first for law enforcement.

“Family members sharing their children, unfortunately, is not new,” she said. “It is not that unusual from what we know.”

Once child predators within a family span three or four generations, it’s not uncommon, Patterson said.

“If you’re getting to a third generation and people are still choosing to abuse, sometimes these networks take place,” she said.
End quote

source: http://blog.al.com/live/2013/10/prosecuting_child_sex_abuse_in.html#incart_river_default

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx