AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s what I’m currently stuck on …

CW was charged with X and Y against a child. After posting bond, CW headed home to care for her two minor children. How did she manage that? Aren’t most/all who are charged with these type of crimes against children also ordered to stay away from children? Did CW make some kind of deal / give up info in order to be allowed near her minor children? If CW did talk, could what she had said be trusted as truth?

So frustrating and telling when the word of the mother of the missing person can’t be trusted! JMO

This has completely blown my mind from the time I began reading. It makes absolutely no sense to me unless she's a whistle blower who was falsely charged to make it look like she's part of the clan. I can't figure it out.

JMO ... I don't think there are enough brain cells in that noggin to be able to pull off such a scenario! But who knows! JMO

April 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM, updated April 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Two men who were arrested last year in connection with a sex abuse investigation were denied youthful offender status today.

Derek Wood, 21, of Mobile, and Donald Holland Jr., 21, of Daphne, had youthful offender hearings before Circuit Court Judge Jody Bishop.

Bishop's ruling means Wood and Holland will be prosecuted as adults.

Wood is the brother of Brittney Wood, who has been missing since May 30. Brittney Wood was 19 years old when she disappeared.

Derek Wood was arrested in July on charges of second-degree rape and second-degree sodomy. He was indicted on the charges in November.

Wood is accused of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/04/wood_holland_denied_youthful_o.html

I have zero sympathy for Derek or Paul. I only have sympathy for the little girl they raped.

Hi Gliving!

I did some further research on Derek's charges. It appears from the article I am attaching, the sexual assault occurred in 2011. If I am calculating correctly, Derek and Donnie Jr. both would have been 18 or over. Derek was 21 when arrested and Jr. was 20 at the time. I believe Jr. is now 21.

Family friend William Brownlee , Wood's cousin Donald Holland, Jr., and her brother Derek Wood all face charges for sex crimes.

State prosecutors said the three men had sexual relations with an underage Fairhope girl.

Prosecutor Teresa Heinz said, "Anytime we have a child victim involved, we take these cases very seriously."

When Holland took the stand, a Sheriff's investigator gave explicit details.

The girl told deputies that in January 2011, Holland touched her inappropriately and had sex with her. She was 12 years old at the time of the alleged incident.

Prosecutors said the other two co-defendants had sex with her as well.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/baldwin-county/three-appear-on-sex-abuse-charges

July 14, 2012 -

Baldwin County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Wood, 21, Friday night around 11 p.m. and charged him with second degree rape, incest and sodomy. The man is listed as homeless on the Baldwin County Jail website.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/baldwin-county/missing-teen-woods-brother-arrested

July 17, 2012 -

Deputies said 20-year-old Donald Holland of Daphne was booked in the Baldwin County jail on charges on incest, rape, and sex abuse.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/bcso-arrests-fourth-relative-of-wood

You're correct. I was just looking for an article showing Derek's age at the time of his arrest.

I knew you knew :) I thought it was an important detail to stay with the info in your post for those late night readers with lightbulbs flickering.

So looks like they were both 19. Not so easy to make allowances for parental authority, circumstances and environment then.

I knew you knew :) I thought it was an important detail to stay with the info in your post for those late night readers with lightbulbs flickering.

So looks like they were both 19. Not so easy to make allowances for parental authority, circumstances and environment then.

BBM - If they were both 19 at the time of the offense, why would they have bothered filing for a "youthful offender status"?

April 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM, updated April 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Two men who were arrested last year in connection with a sex abuse investigation were denied youthful offender status today.

Derek Wood, 21, of Mobile, and Donald Holland Jr., 21, of Daphne, had youthful offender hearings before Circuit Court Judge Jody Bishop.

Bishop's ruling means Wood and Holland will be prosecuted as adults.

Wood is the brother of Brittney Wood, who has been missing since May 30. Brittney Wood was 19 years old when she disappeared.

Derek Wood was arrested in July on charges of second-degree rape and second-degree sodomy. He was indicted on the charges in November.

Wood is accused of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/04/wood_holland_denied_youthful_o.html

I have zero sympathy for Derek or Paul. I only have sympathy for the little girl they raped.

ETA: It helps when I read the article:

"Youth offender status can be granted to a person charged with a crime that happened when the person was under 21 years old."

BBM - If they were both 19 at the time of the offense, why would they have bothered filing for a "youthful offender status"?

Probably the same reason we are discussing it now. Derek and Paul blamed their family history and that they were victims at one time also.

I'm a heartless old crab I guess. When I watched the video of Derek all I could see was his playing on the audience's emotions just like his momma taught him. Boo hoo hoo. :twocents:

Behavioral Science and learned behavior is a subject that fits in here. Child abuse victims turning offenders is a big psychological subject if you do a search on the net. Wow, there's tons of reading material on the subject.

What other secrets are buried within this family? Was there any Mother/Son incest going on within the generational incest? A family of selfish, narcissistic adults makes me doubt we know all that went on within this family.

I'm just bringing this up to point out the long-lasting damage child abuse and incest do to a child. It's hard for me to see it only in the legal sense because locking up people doesn't seem to cure them. Just throwing this out there, not as a new topic of discussion, but just something to think about.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...love/201103/child-sexual-abuse-and-narcissism

The Legacy of Distorted Love
Recognizing, understanding and overcoming the debilitating impact of maternal narcissism
Child Sexual Abuse and Narcissism

"Who says that the "get over it already" belief system works? It doesn't.
Without treatment for adult children of narcissistic parents or children of sexual abuse,
the trauma if not released is carried. It is worn like a heavy wool coat that suffocates and creates destructive life patterns. Sometimes those patterns include acting out the very trauma that they themselves experienced. Many sex offenders were themselves victims of child sexual abuse. Many narcissistic parents today had narcissistic parents themselves."

BBM

Im assuming 18 or older because there were earlier msm articles detailing he was with victim #1 (as was Paul, and I think they are about the same age). They were adults and she was under 13. Derek also has a child and knows the importance of loving /protecting someone so innocent. HE knows how bad it hurt him (emotionally and physically) as that 7 year old. He gets zero lead way.

I have nothing but sorrow for any videos, actions etc done when he was younger and taught that it was normal and god knows what else. But I have read every public document and when he was arrested it was unbelievable - I paid close attention to it. Do I think he's remorseful now that he's been caught, has sat in jail the longest (dont' forget he cut his bracelet and was at a meth house on the one damn chance he had, hooking up another girl)and had time to hear and think? Yes. Do I think he would have stopped or truly felt this way if he hadn't been arrested, the drugs taken away, sobriety FORCED etc? Nope.

I'm cranky (I tested positive yesterday for h1n1 so Im beyond miserable right now) so please don't take this as me coming at you with claws out. I take it all pretty personal because my offender was rather young when he raped me, he was abused as a child - does he deserve a pass? No! And I wasn't the only one - proving he liked it. This was normal business at the Woods. Pills and sex.

I find it really gross that Wendy, Derek, and Paul have all been out of jail at some point - gotten right back on facebook and bragged about their new lives, money, partying, their sex life, gotten tattoos, new hair styles etc - it's like, even after being caught they didn't care and went right about their personal lives of nothing but deviant behavior. Paul seems to have "found jesus" but most of his posts consist of wishing some female was there with him - so once again, life revolves around their genitals.

There comes a point and a time when you make an active choice whether or not to participate in something. They all had a choice to say no and NOT go over to Donald's or to be best buddies with the man and his disgusting wife. God only knows when Dustin got involved. I really think this all started with RSW, Wendy and Mendy. I think Donald and Dustin just met their match. I think this is a wood thing and not a holland thing, given the grandmother. So with that said, Chessie sure as **** didn't see anything wrong with it all either.

I know the argument is that if no one viewed it as wrong then no one would speak up and there for nothing would be expected to ever stop. This would continue and continue until they ran out of kids to groom. But this isn't the stoneage. This isn't a time in the world where people don't discuss this "sort of thing". Everyone in this case was on facebook, and that means they had access to social media. That means they would know what they were doing is considered taboo. Obviously this wouldn't be the case for derek and paul when they were younger but they've at least had myspace since 2007 that we all found. They knew. And they are guilty. 18 isn't a magic # where we grow a set of morals, it's just when charges get more serious if we are caught. People that are under 18 and doing rape, incest and molestation aren't innocent ALL the time either.

im sorry for your diagnosis :( but "thanks" is not good enough. you made a really good post!

Zweible re: dk being the letter writer.
Phone is acting up hard to quote.
I for one didn't consider him only because I'm guilty of profiling him as somone who might not be able to write full complete sentences or write so neatly. Bad I know but now that you mention it, yes dk is a good possibility. I also never consider brownlee for the same reasons.

What do we have next? When are the next round of court dates?

Your profiling may be correct. Even in 5 pt font, I'm still guilty of not reading every.single.word. Note the "for family friends" in this following quote.

Lol this dumb b!+¢h! I don't even know her & totally hate her with a passion!

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/letters-point-to-motive-for-murder

Letters point to motive for murder
Authorities to also reopen suicide investigation
By Andrew Perez
Updated: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 1:15 AM CST
Published: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 8:00 PM CST

Snipped:
2 other letters obtained by FOX10 News, believed to be written by Wendy Holland for family friends say, "even if they do turn it in (the letter) they won't know if Brit wrote it or not. They cannot compare handwriting."

Your profiling may be correct. Even in 5 pt font, I'm still guilty of not reading every.single.word. Note the "for family friends" in this following quote.

I've just noticed it said if 'they' turn it in - not he/she. So I wondered how many people knew about the letter, or had copies?

Just throwing out a long shot. Do you think that the "they" and "written for family/friends" implies copies sent out in case something happens to her, ie: suicide, murder or arrest? Why would she have several copies stating the same thing?

No one in this family is smart enough to be a mastermind, which means to me that everyone had to buddy up to pull off crimes. I think it's highly probably that Wendy, Mendy, Dustin and Donald had their own thing going on (given the twins relationship alone) and all 4 acted together on everything. That makes the most sense to me, given the arrests, charges and the order of everything playing out. I don't have anything similar to compare this nightmare too except major drug busts, where they'll bust the lower level players and the big guy in hopes to rattle things enough to shake out the mastermind and king pin.

Chessie's arrests are suspect to me, along with her behavior. I think she's a terrible liar and she's definitely covering something. I'm really starting to wonder if she didn't turn informant, which is how the kids stayed with Paul and she's managed to stay in their lives. They just toss her in when they have to.

Just follow me on this:
Chessie: a person who is often in trouble for low level offenses and has the constant threat of CPS looming because of past drug abuse. This persons' daughter is missing and there's proof or allegations that she (Chessie) had abused a minor. This person knows it's all going to come out in the wash soon enough because she had insight via Brittney's facebook inbox, so she - Chessie - approached LE through her lawyer and decided to cooperate and pull the punches first. She will get picked up each time she has worn a wire and is in the same place as another that's about to get busted. this diverts away from her being the informant. She will get taken in with them but released, details will be sketchy if she's a narc.

At least that's how it is for drug narcs.

I think Chessie is trying to play up to the cops because she feels having them in her pocket gives her an upper hand to hide more stuff in the closet and evade impending arrests. They are not stupid but I'm sure willing to allow her to believe they are, in order to get more proof and arrests in the process. Especially if their case on her is essentially air tight anyway.

/ramble

and she loves Scott. (why would she yell that in front of cameras and other perps on their central booking reunion?) He also seems to always have sketchy details on his court proceedings. Maybe that's what brought the cases back together. One is working for the internet crimes and the other is working missing Brittney with the family stuff. MOO

I'd definitely consider Chessie turned "narc". It would help explain why she still can be around her young children.

And on one, I totally understand a 4 month investigation, but on the other seems wrong to me. Will I ever catch up with all you all? I'm still on the thread #3 with the given 18 month lookback we have now.

Wonder if something else will happen this coming week?
23_33_7.gif

We're due for more info, especially about those letters.

I have a nagging feeling that the next thing we hear is something we've all feared to be true. This silence in all directions is telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper