AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Chessie's OTT Brittney yard altar, it looks to me like something Chessie thought a "normal" person would do. I don't think authentic feelings of sentimentality are behind it at all. In addition to that, her fake crying (I saw no tears) on TV along with her dramatic expression of suffering in her mug shot makes me believe she's a faker when it comes to real human emotions (and not a good faker either). I think she's a typical narcissist who can't get enough attention.

Originally Posted by Quester
I too hope LE leaned heavily on the guy who, after BW went missing and IIRC, all of a sudden quit his job and couldn’t get out of bed. JMO
I agree! This appears to be post offense suspicious behavior I've read so much about. As well as the suicide.

I agree ... she appears to be a faker/drama queen! JMO

So ... re the "quit his job"/"couldn't get out of bed" guy [I can't remember his name] ... out of this motley charged crew, who was he the closest to? Who was his bestie? Or will we be reading about his bestie soon? :wink: TIA

IMO I believe every single person involved in this was at one time a victim! Grew up to become the offender. So ...... that said I feel sorry for none of them! younger older they were all caught doing the same things!
I think this is generational! Hopefull it ends now!

I know that message made some people cringe, because it's the truth. I am a survivor of generational incest/rape. It's all coming out in my family now from others. I never offended and as far as I know, those cousins of mine didn't either. If anything we are all the more protective and Im not the only one that became an advocate. It's not all sunshine and roses but we are responsible for how much farther down the rabbit hole this stuff goes.

We cannot look at Derek and see him as less of a victim or perp because he too was a victim - when so was a few others. Age has zero to do with this. You can't cherry pick who's less guilty.

They probably did think she snitched because of the abuse case involving GM boyfriend. But maybe they also wanted to make an example out of her. They had probably threatened the kids with death if they told anyone about the abuse.

I agree ... she appears to be a faker/drama queen! JMO

So ... re the "quit his job"/"couldn't get out of bed" guy [I can't remember his name] ... out of this motley charged crew, who was he the closest to? Who was his bestie? Or will we be reading about his bestie soon? :wink: TIA

At this time his friend list is open and you can see:
Chessie
Paul
Wendy
Mendy
Dustin

There are others too, but Britt and Donald aren't there. Both of their accounts were taken over almost immediately by Chessie and Wendy.

If Brittney was killed, I do not think we can wrap our heads around why. Why her and not RSW? Was he wearing a wire or a paid informant and someone knew? I mean, anything is frigging possible.

IMO I believe every single person involved in this was at one time a victim! Grew up to become the offender. So ...... that said I feel sorry for none of them! younger older they were all caught doing the same things!
I think this is generational! Hopefull it ends now!

Just so you know, I only mentioned that guy being 80 yrs. old because Karma can catch up with you at any time. Going to prison at age 80 would be especially hard, IMO.

I salute Alabama for perusing his extradition from another country.

I agree this generational incest has got to be stopped now.

I guess in this case they're chopping down that diseased family tree.

If Brittney was killed, I do not think we can wrap our heads around why. Why her and not RSW? Was he wearing a wire or a paid informant and someone knew? I mean, anything is frigging possible.

I don't think anyone had a clue RSW was talking. Not until weeks/months after his arrest was it revealed. He came on the radar when the victim on a separate matter came forward between 6/4/2012 (DH DOD) and 6/19/2012. (RSW arrest) Remember, some theories have WWH being the master mind yet I think she of all was most inspired to be obedient to someone else I think we've not yet seen in the press to discuss.
Sometimes I think Chessie's stories keep changing because that is what she is still being told by those in the family still able to be around her. Who is still feeding Chessie the lies she repeats?
Has Donald Holland's polygraph test ever been verified from any other source? If he failed a polygraph test on a child molestation charge, would LE have been looking for Donald at Fairhope and spending time with Wendy chatting and scheduling an appointment for Donald for Friday to come in on his own? After a failed polygraph? on child molestation? Seems non-chalent, non-urgent and non-accurate now with all the hindsight we have. LE verified he was under investigation for sex crimes. (that does not say child sex crime.)

Yes, Morgan is and Brownlee might be. I tried to find the link of a prior on Brownlee that shows him with a suspended license and a vehicle overload charge. A snapshot of it is on one of Brittney's support groups on Facebook. The current view when I look for the link to share here, no longer lists the charges. I'm not sure if this would have just been a pickup truck overloaded with trash/debris or a full rig at a weigh station. The suspended license makes me lean to a pickup truck but don't know with any certainty.

Here is the link on Brownlee you were looking for. The charge only says overweight truck. Could be a semi, pickup, etc...

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Alabama/Baldwin-County-AL/William-Bonny-Brownlee.2874488.html

I know that message made some people cringe, because it's the truth. I am a survivor of generational incest/rape. It's all coming out in my family now from others. I never offended and as far as I know, those cousins of mine didn't either. If anything we are all the more protective and Im not the only one that became an advocate. It's not all sunshine and roses but we are responsible for how much farther down the rabbit hole this stuff goes.

We cannot look at Derek and see him as less of a victim or perp because he too was a victim - when so was a few others. Age has zero to do with this. You can't cherry pick who's less guilty.

To add, we don't quite know all the details surrounding Derek's charges. I am willing to give him more lead way until we know more about his charges. How old was Derek when he became an offender? Did Derek offend on his own accord? Meaning there is a possibility he was a minor and forced to have sexual relations with other minors by the elders in this sick group. I am curious to found out if Derek was over 18 when he committed the offense he is charged with.

In this video Derek say this all started when he was probably 7 years old, it continued through out the years and led up from Donnie teaching him things. Whenever he was younger he went over to Donnie's house and he had gotten me to do things I wasn't proud of...

Again, my question, how old was Derek when his charges occurred?

http://youtu.be/_U6ouTcDzHY

When I was in therapy my psychologist told me your average pedophile offends over 400 times in a lifetime. I'm assuming that's over 400 acts rather over 400 children as I can't imagine your average person managing to get over 400 different children into vulnerable situations.

In addition, I too was a victim of sexual abuse and have never offended. The media plays up "victims turned offender" because it answers the question of why but it's not the norm. Having said that, I agree most if not all of these people were victims themselves and taught this from a very young age, especially the siblings who probably then subconsciously sought out spouses who were pedophiles. I'm not excusing them at all. They should have all taken Donnie's way out.

Has this character been arrested? I'm having a tough time so far keeping track of everyone who's been arrested and all the names.

I don't think anyone had a clue RSW was talking. Not until weeks/months after his arrest was it revealed. He came on the radar when the victim on a separate matter came forward between 6/4/2012 (DH DOD) and 6/19/2012. (RSW arrest) Remember, some theories have WWH being the master mind yet I think she of all was most inspired to be obedient to someone else I think we've not yet seen in the press to discuss.
Sometimes I think Chessie's stories keep changing because that is what she is still being told by those in the family still able to be around her. Who is still feeding Chessie the lies she repeats?
Has Donald Holland's polygraph test ever been verified from any other source? If he failed a polygraph test on a child molestation charge, would LE have been looking for Donald at Fairhope and spending time with Wendy chatting and scheduling an appointment for Donald for Friday to come in on his own? After a failed polygraph? on child molestation? Seems non-chalent, non-urgent and non-accurate now with all the hindsight we have. LE verified he was under investigation for sex crimes. (that does not say child sex crime.)

I do think people knew about rsw in Jan / early Feb because of the postings by both himself and the victim - when hers ceased and she went to stay with certain people was in Jan. She was removed from her family earlier than when brittney was missing.

To add, we don't quite know all the details surrounding Derek's charges. I am willing to give him more lead way until we know more about his charges. How old was Derek when he became an offender? Did Derek offend on his own accord? Meaning there is a possibility he was a minor and forced to have sexual relations with other minors by the elders in this sick group. I am curious to found out if Derek was over 18 when he committed the offense he is charged with.

In this video Derek say this all started when he was probably 7 years old, it continued through out the years and led up from Donnie teaching him things. Whenever he was younger he went over to Donnie's house and he had gotten me to do things I wasn't proud of...

Im assuming 18 or older because there were earlier msm articles detailing he was with victim #1 (as was Paul, and I think they are about the same age). They were adults and she was under 13. Derek also has a child and knows the importance of loving /protecting someone so innocent. HE knows how bad it hurt him (emotionally and physically) as that 7 year old. He gets zero lead way.

I have nothing but sorrow for any videos, actions etc done when he was younger and taught that it was normal and god knows what else. But I have read every public document and when he was arrested it was unbelievable - I paid close attention to it. Do I think he's remorseful now that he's been caught, has sat in jail the longest (dont' forget he cut his bracelet and was at a meth house on the one damn chance he had, hooking up another girl)and had time to hear and think? Yes. Do I think he would have stopped or truly felt this way if he hadn't been arrested, the drugs taken away, sobriety FORCED etc? Nope.

I'm cranky (I tested positive yesterday for h1n1 so Im beyond miserable right now) so please don't take this as me coming at you with claws out. I take it all pretty personal because my offender was rather young when he raped me, he was abused as a child - does he deserve a pass? No! And I wasn't the only one - proving he liked it. This was normal business at the Woods. Pills and sex.

I find it really gross that Wendy, Derek, and Paul have all been out of jail at some point - gotten right back on facebook and bragged about their new lives, money, partying, their sex life, gotten tattoos, new hair styles etc - it's like, even after being caught they didn't care and went right about their personal lives of nothing but deviant behavior. Paul seems to have "found jesus" but most of his posts consist of wishing some female was there with him - so once again, life revolves around their genitals.

There comes a point and a time when you make an active choice whether or not to participate in something. They all had a choice to say no and NOT go over to Donald's or to be best buddies with the man and his disgusting wife. God only knows when Dustin got involved. I really think this all started with RSW, Wendy and Mendy. I think Donald and Dustin just met their match. I think this is a wood thing and not a holland thing, given the grandmother. So with that said, Chessie sure as **** didn't see anything wrong with it all either.

I know the argument is that if no one viewed it as wrong then no one would speak up and there for nothing would be expected to ever stop. This would continue and continue until they ran out of kids to groom. But this isn't the stoneage. This isn't a time in the world where people don't discuss this "sort of thing". Everyone in this case was on facebook, and that means they had access to social media. That means they would know what they were doing is considered taboo. Obviously this wouldn't be the case for derek and paul when they were younger but they've at least had myspace since 2007 that we all found. They knew. And they are guilty. 18 isn't a magic # where we grow a set of morals, it's just when charges get more serious if we are caught. People that are under 18 and doing rape, incest and molestation aren't innocent ALL the time either.

I do think people knew about rsw in Jan / early Feb because of the postings by both himself and the victim - when hers ceased and she went to stay with certain people was in Jan. She was removed from her family earlier than when brittney was missing.

I remember the one child had been removed from the house months before Brittney went missing, but I never thought it was to keep her away from Scott or tainted Scott in any way. Do you think the family knew it was Scott that had alerted LE then? Is there a possibility they did not know and were wondering who put LE on the Donnie trail? Is it possible Scott alerted LE to a totally different situation and I am trying to put the wrong pieces of the possible together?
It does seem everyone knew RSW spent a lot of time with the child. I vaguely recall he took a couple of his niece/nephew to Tennessee in March 2012 and posted some geocaching photos with them in TN. I don't know, seems to me, this family would allow their child to travel to another state with a pervy uncle but not a suspected mole. But I'm guessing at that line of sick logic.
I was probably the last one to figure out it was Dustin that turned in Scott so bear with me. But who did Scott turn in? That's what I'm not certain of anymore. And I'm not sure of the timeline on that. Their arrests were only minutes apart, iirc. So leads me to think there probably was a pre-arrest interview of Dustin. But we only heard of one that Donald had, correct?

April 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM, updated April 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Two men who were arrested last year in connection with a sex abuse investigation were denied youthful offender status today.

Derek Wood, 21, of Mobile, and Donald Holland Jr., 21, of Daphne, had youthful offender hearings before Circuit Court Judge Jody Bishop.

Bishop's ruling means Wood and Holland will be prosecuted as adults.

Wood is the brother of Brittney Wood, who has been missing since May 30. Brittney Wood was 19 years old when she disappeared.

Derek Wood was arrested in July on charges of second-degree rape and second-degree sodomy. He was indicted on the charges in November.

Wood is accused of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/04/wood_holland_denied_youthful_o.html

I have zero sympathy for Derek or Paul. I only have sympathy for the little girl they raped.

Has this character been arrested? I'm having a tough time so far keeping track of everyone who's been arrested and all the names.
Morgan is the one that social media indicates he took to his bed the day of 5.30.2012. The only way I can fit that into the timeline is he was morose over what was ahead, not behind.

My Perp Checklist: Filling in the blanks as I can.

Perps: 12
1. Holland, Donnie 2/12/1968 (2007-8550 RICE CREEK ROAD Apt STOCKTON, AL 36579)
2. Holland, Wendy 8/15/1979 7041 MARLE RD Apt MOBILE, AL 36619
3. Kent, Mendy
4. Kent, Dustin 05/27/1976 7041 MARLE RD Apt MOBILE, AL 36619
5. Holland, Paul 12/20/1991 912 VAN AVE Apt 1228 DAPHNE, AL 36526
6. Wood, Derek 5/26/1991 7087 LENARDO DR MOBILE 36619
7. Wood, Chessie
8. Moore, Jennifer 5/14/1981 12245 HOLLY STREET Apt MAGNOLIA SPRINGS, AL 36555
9. Brownlee, William 3/19/1964 428 S SHELTON BEACH RD Apt EIGHT MILE, AL
10. Cumbaa, James
11. Morgan, Butch
12. Wood, Scott 12/1/1969 1656 DARWOOD DR Apt MOBILE, AL

Some addresses have changed, so this is not necessarily the latest, just what I've made notes of recently.
ETA: Wendy's address has for sure changed, since the search warrant was for her home in Irvington.

April 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM, updated April 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Two men who were arrested last year in connection with a sex abuse investigation were denied youthful offender status today.

Derek Wood, 21, of Mobile, and Donald Holland Jr., 21, of Daphne, had youthful offender hearings before Circuit Court Judge Jody Bishop.

Bishop's ruling means Wood and Holland will be prosecuted as adults.

Wood is the brother of Brittney Wood, who has been missing since May 30. Brittney Wood was 19 years old when she disappeared.

Derek Wood was arrested in July on charges of second-degree rape and second-degree sodomy. He was indicted on the charges in November.

Wood is accused of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/04/wood_holland_denied_youthful_o.html

I have zero sympathy for Derek or Paul. I only have sympathy for the little girl they raped.

I agree, but I still reserve for age. If they were 16-17 at the time of the crimes, I don't think although I do think...oh boy. Ya, this one is a hard one for child on child crimes.

Im assuming 18 or older because there were earlier msm articles detailing he was with victim #1 (as was Paul, and I think they are about the same age). They were adults and she was under 13. Derek also has a child and knows the importance of loving /protecting someone so innocent. HE knows how bad it hurt him (emotionally and physically) as that 7 year old. He gets zero lead way.

I have nothing but sorrow for any videos, actions etc done when he was younger and taught that it was normal and god knows what else. But I have read every public document and when he was arrested it was unbelievable - I paid close attention to it. Do I think he's remorseful now that he's been caught, has sat in jail the longest (dont' forget he cut his bracelet and was at a meth house on the one damn chance he had, hooking up another girl)and had time to hear and think? Yes. Do I think he would have stopped or truly felt this way if he hadn't been arrested, the drugs taken away, sobriety FORCED etc? Nope.

I'm cranky (I tested positive yesterday for h1n1 so Im beyond miserable right now) so please don't take this as me coming at you with claws out. I take it all pretty personal because my offender was rather young when he raped me, he was abused as a child - does he deserve a pass? No! And I wasn't the only one - proving he liked it. This was normal business at the Woods. Pills and sex.

I find it really gross that Wendy, Derek, and Paul have all been out of jail at some point - gotten right back on facebook and bragged about their new lives, money, partying, their sex life, gotten tattoos, new hair styles etc - it's like, even after being caught they didn't care and went right about their personal lives of nothing but deviant behavior. Paul seems to have "found jesus" but most of his posts consist of wishing some female was there with him - so once again, life revolves around their genitals.

There comes a point and a time when you make an active choice whether or not to participate in something. They all had a choice to say no and NOT go over to Donald's or to be best buddies with the man and his disgusting wife. God only knows when Dustin got involved. I really think this all started with RSW, Wendy and Mendy. I think Donald and Dustin just met their match. I think this is a wood thing and not a holland thing, given the grandmother. So with that said, Chessie sure as **** didn't see anything wrong with it all either.

I know the argument is that if no one viewed it as wrong then no one would speak up and there for nothing would be expected to ever stop. This would continue and continue until they ran out of kids to groom. But this isn't the stoneage. This isn't a time in the world where people don't discuss this "sort of thing". Everyone in this case was on facebook, and that means they had access to social media. That means they would know what they were doing is considered taboo. Obviously this wouldn't be the case for derek and paul when they were younger but they've at least had myspace since 2007 that we all found. They knew. And they are guilty. 18 isn't a magic # where we grow a set of morals, it's just when charges get more serious if we are caught. People that are under 18 and doing rape, incest and molestation aren't innocent ALL the time either.

BBM - I 100% agree with you here and most of your post. I do not pity anyone who abuses a child or an adult by choice! Absolutely not, I have zero empathy for them!

In my previous post I was questioning whether Derek abused on his own accord. Meaning, as I explained earlier, he may have been forced. In my opinion, forced and own accord are in two totally different arenas.

I'm still stuck on 6.19.2012.
Dustin and Scott are arrested for child sex crimes. This may be not help in anyway to find Brittney, but since these crimes are connected now, and we can discuss it all in the same thread, remember it wasn't always that way. And I got lost many times and some earlier discussions it feels like I am reading for the first time. This is overdue for more than just me, I hope.
Law enforcement procedures - So I can get off 6.19.2012 -
Is it possible for LE to bring Dustin in the morning, question him, get the confession, run the check on Scott, confirm the valid suspicion of allegations, get a warrant prepared, find the authority to approve and sign the warrant, dispatch the sheriff to round up Scott, find Scott, detain Scott, bring him into booking, and then just walk Dustin out from the questioning room and arrest them both within minutes of each other? Is that how it could work? Is that a stretch? or very normal for fast urgent child sex crime law enforcement? Feels like a newb question, but I'm still puzzled on that one date.
ETA: If yes, why wasn't it so urgent with Donald's pre-death investigation/polygraph/whatever is known?

Here’s what I’m currently stuck on …

CW was charged with X and Y against a child. After posting bond, CW headed home to care for her two minor children. How did she manage that? Aren’t most/all who are charged with these type of crimes against children also ordered to stay away from children? Did CW make some kind of deal / give up info in order to be allowed near her minor children? If CW did talk, could what she had said be trusted as truth?

So frustrating and telling when the word of the mother of the missing person can’t be trusted! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565