Well would you allow it?
Wouldn't you tell your kid hey its time to grow up
Get a job
Go back to school?

Not being mean but what the hay!

You said it perfectly!

SHE is an ADULT!

Sadly look at what has happened!

Yes, most of us on this forum and most people in general would try to tell their 19 year old child or grandchild they had to get a job or go to school, etc if they wanted to live off of us or with us, or we'd tell them they had to get a job and do it on their own. The difference here is the we aren't dealing with normal people- Chessie and the Wood clan sure aren't normal. Normal people don't run a child sex ring.

My guess is even if Chessie or anyone else told BW she had to have constant employment, etc, she just would have up and left and went to Wally' mom's anyway where she was enabled to do whatever or nothing at all. She did have jobs from time to time, but none of them for very long, it seems.

I assume Steph and Wally were ever hopeful BW & siblings would get and keep jobs and get their lives together, etc BUT Wally's mom and the Woods were always there to enable BW and siblings. Also, think about how few of the Wood clan had/have their lives together...like they are gonna pressure anyone else to get it together.

I know BW was an adult, but she was also only 19. I made some pretty stupid decisions and was lucky a lot of the time to not have to deal with the worst possible consequences of those decisions when I was that age. And my family wasn't full of weirdo sex predators and enablers.

Sadly, I think the Wood clan has robbed BW of any chance in the future to get her life together.

I cannot wait for summer I have had enough of snow, were knee deep here and it's still coming!!

Can I complain about Chicago weather? It's 10 degrees today and I couldn't be happier because:
Kids returned to school (they've had 6 days since Dec 22!). I now have the house back.
It's finally out of the single digits
My pipes didn't burst this morning.

I have spent 2 grand in emergency things since polar vortex. My pipes have burst twice now and only the first time they were frozen. Not too sure what happened yesterday but I woke up at 7am to flooding which had iced over :( Being trapped in this mess is bringing on the SAD.

Okay, now on-topic:
When will Andrew Perez do an update? I really wish he would do a short segment on Brittney to alert people to keep an eye out when hunting or being in the woods. I hope he says something near March when it warms up too.

OT: When I read that it was 10 degrees, I was like "That's nice! How could pipes be bursting?!" In Canada, 10 degrees is snow melting, semi-warm weather. In fact, in Southern Alberta (where I live), people are wearing shorts and t-shirts when the temperature hits the double digits in the winter.

Sincerely, I am so sorry to hear about the broken pipes people are experiencing with the cold weather. Hang in there, AstroKitty! Gosh, two thousand dollars in unexpected events in the last month or two. I remember you had H1N1. You're due for good things to start happening now.

Anyways, sounds like the state of Alabama was basically closed for the day due to weather. Okay, the truth is I feel so guilty about my weather and the temperature outside. I won't tell you. You might hate me. :giggle: No rain is our problem here. No broken pipes. (Please :please: don't hate me.)

Lol, I never experienced real cold before I moved to Germany. First month in my unrenovated house the shower froze inside the bathroom, my head froze to the bedroom wall and when I switched on electric heaters all the lights fused too.

Still, at least I knew where I was and so did those who really cared about me. Where are you Brittney?

Sincerely, I am so sorry to hear about the broken pipes people are experiencing with the cold weather. Hang in there, AstroKitty! Gosh, two thousand dollars in unexpected events in the last month or two. I remember you had H1N1. You're due for good things to start happening now.

Anyways, sounds like the state of Alabama was basically closed for the day due to weather. Okay, the truth is I feel so guilty about my weather and the temperature outside. I won't tell you. You might hate me. :giggle: No rain is our problem here. No broken pipes. (Please :please: don't hate me.)

California?

OT: When I read that it was 10 degrees, I was like "That's nice! How could pipes be bursting?!" In Canada, 10 degrees is snow melting, semi-warm weather. In fact, in Southern Alberta (where I live), people are wearing shorts and t-shirts when the temperature hits the double digits in the winter.

BBM

I hope you're talking Celsius and not Fahrenheit -- otherwise, you all are BRAVE! :floorlaugh:

ETA: I forget that us Americans are one of the few countries that still use Fahrenheit!

Thanks hon! Yeah it's been on thing after another since Nov. That's when I spilled a soda on the desk at work, which went into the USB port of my macbook pro (while it was turned on and plugged in). Fried the video card but everythign else works. I had to spend 1,500 on a new one and it'll be 800 to fix the water logged one! :( I wouldn't fix it if it didn't have the software my school gives to us that can't be redownloaded again, making it where I'd have to pay for it all. UGH!

However, good things have happened otherwise I would be going crazy lol

Thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks hon! Yeah it's been on thing after another since Nov. That's when I spilled a soda on the desk at work, which went into the USB port of my macbook pro (while it was turned on and plugged in). Fried the video card but everythign else works. I had to spend 1,500 on a new one and it'll be 800 to fix the water logged one! :( I wouldn't fix it if it didn't have the software my school gives to us that can't be redownloaded again, making it where I'd have to pay for it all. UGH!

However, good things have happened otherwise I would be going crazy lol

Thanks for the well wishes.

O/T but that's interesting. I hope you don't mind if I link your post on another thread. Missing Stephanie Warner in Oregon had her ipad or macbook 'destroyed' by her boyfriend spilling coke on it just before she disappeared. He kept insisting she needed to throw it away, but her friend insisted she take it to a repair shop instead.

Friend retrieved it from the repair shop after Steph's disappearance and gave it to LE. No-one's heard if anything was saved or not yet. Boyfriend's been named a POI. On google, coke and soda come up as the worst spills for destroying computers.

O/T but that's interesting. I hope you don't mind if I link your post on another thread. Missing Stephanie Warner in Oregon had her ipad or macbook 'destroyed' by her boyfriend spilling coke on it just before she disappeared. He kept insisting she needed to throw it away, but her friend insisted she take it to a repair shop instead.

Friend retrieved it from the repair shop after Steph's disappearance and gave it to LE. No-one's heard if anything was saved or not yet. Boyfriend's been named a POI. On google, coke and soda come up as the worst spills for destroying computers.

My soda didn't spill it's entire contents, it was more like 10 seconds - which was enough given that my computer was on and it went directly into the USB ports. However, I can turn it on and sounds work but the screen is black. Apple quoted me at 800.00. If someone spilled soda onto the keypad part of a laptop with it on, it would fry it. Water and soda work differently because of the sugars making things sticky.

BUT sometimes you can take a cable and plug one laptop into another to extract files/data or simply view it through another monitor. I can do that with mine right now. The cable was 14.00.

Again, it makes all the difference if the computer was on or off / where the fluid was spilled at (and the amount) as well as the make and model of the laptop. It's worth mentioning and sleuthing though. If the motherboard isn't fried then the files should be able to be extracted or uploaded to an external harddrive.

Can I complain about Chicago weather? It's 10 degrees today and I couldn't be happier because:
Kids returned to school (they've had 6 days since Dec 22!). I now have the house back.
It's finally out of the single digits
My pipes didn't burst this morning.

I have spent 2 grand in emergency things since polar vortex. My pipes have burst twice now and only the first time they were frozen. Not too sure what happened yesterday but I woke up at 7am to flooding which had iced over :( Being trapped in this mess is bringing on the SAD.

Okay, now on-topic:
When will Andrew Perez do an update? I really wish he would do a short segment on Brittney to alert people to keep an eye out when hunting or being in the woods. I hope he says something near March when it warms up too.

So much better then -10 with the real feel being -30 I will never complain about it being too hot again lol!!

So much better then -10 with the real feel being -30 I will never complain about it being too hot again lol!!

No doubt! 3 days ago it was -18! That was miserable. I have read a bit about the weather down south and people being stuck for over 20 hours in their car! I hope all of team Brittney that is down there is safe, warm and with family/loved ones. :loveyou:

3 & a half pages down. Must bump for Brittney.
I don't know why but I always hope for a binge weekend from the perps on the loose to say something they shouldn't and give up info on where Brittney is...
Stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member