AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very probable DH went to Chessie s home and saw Britt. I do not think she left with him but her phone e and her gun did . The phone because it belonged to DH and the gun because he would get rid of it for them they never thought he would take his own life with it
Imo these ppl didn't kill her they were trying to protect her and themselves.

All jmvoo

1st arrest 2nd arrest 3rd arrest Sweep
Brownlee, William 3/19/1964 family friend 07/22/12 10/22/13
Cumbaa, James 11/17/1980 family friend 10/22/13
Holland, Donald Paul 2/12/1968 Uncle by marriage (WWH) Deceased via alleged suicide
Holland, Donald Paul JR 12/20/1991 Step-cousin? (DH's son not by WWH) 07/17/12
Kent, Dustin 05/27/1976 Uncle by marriage (MWK) 06/19/12 07/16/12 08/02/12 10/22/13 *advertiser censored*
Morgan, Butch 8/3/1966 family friend (aka truckdriver) 10/22/13*warrant
Wood, Derek 5/26/1991 Brother 07/13/12
Wood, Scott 12/1/1969 Uncle 06/19/12 10/22/13
Holland, Wendy Wood 8/15/1979 Aunt 08/22/12 11/29/12 10/22/13
Kent, Mendy Wood 8/15/1979 Aunt 10/22/13
Wood, Chessie Mother 06/27/13 10/22/2013*traffic
Moore, Jennifer 5/14/1981 family friend (WWH's BFF) 11/04/13 *advertiser censored*

Bold, Italics is potential life sentence. Bond violation arrests excluded.

Source: Timeline Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
Source: reedus23 legal data Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
*Mendy & Wendy 10/22/2013 charges reduced to 2nd degree noted in table.

Relationship to Brittney added.

From KateB's awesome chart, by June 22 Donnie was dead and Scott and Dustin had already been arrested. And Chessie is still saying Brittney left her house without care. I'll check, but I think Chessie starts with her new story of Brittney "paying the ultimate price" right about the time Derek was arrested for his sex crimes. Suddenly Chessie starts blaming Donnie for everything. Was she finally telling the truth, or was she protecting Derek by diverting blame???

22 Jun 2012, 10:32 PM

"MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The mother of missing mom Brittney Wood is reaching out to her daughter. Wood has been missing since May 30.

Chessie Wood said it has been tough on the family. She said she can’t eat or sleep.

"We just miss her and want her to come home," said Wood.

As of Friday, Wood hasn’t seen her daughter in 22 days.

"She was happy as she could be. She wasn't upset at all. She walked out of my yard carrying a blue bag and just i thought she was going to a friend's (house.) That was the last time I saw her,” said Wood."

From KateB's awesome chart, by June 22 Donnie was dead and Scott and Dustin had already been arrested. And Chessie is still saying Brittney left her house without care. I'll check, but I think Chessie starts with her new story of Brittney "paying the ultimate price" right about the time Derek was arrested for his sex crimes. Suddenly Chessie starts blaming Donnie for everything. Was she finally telling the truth, or was she protecting Derek by diverting blame???

22 Jun 2012, 10:32 PM

"MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The mother of missing mom Brittney Wood is reaching out to her daughter. Wood has been missing since May 30.

Chessie Wood said it has been tough on the family. She said she can’t eat or sleep.

"We just miss her and want her to come home," said Wood.

As of Friday, Wood hasn’t seen her daughter in 22 days.

"She was happy as she could be. She wasn't upset at all. She walked out of my yard carrying a blue bag and just i thought she was going to a friend's (house.) That was the last time I saw her,” said Wood."

Remember Derek said "come back home I will protect you!"

Re: gun, bullets

I still find CW's statement, something to the effect of, that BW only kept two bullets in, supposedly, her gun, HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS!

Makes me wonder if CW knew/knows full well that the gun was used/bullet(s) shot prior to DH supposedly using it.

It's that issue of offering too much info (and very odd info) which usually/can mean/s it's a lie.

Hey Brittney

Not sure I'll be online tomorrow, going to wish you a happy mother's day today. P is so beautiful, and memaw will give her a hug for you.

Re: gun, bullets

I still find CW's statement, something to the effect of, that BW only kept two bullets in, supposedly, her gun, HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS!

Makes me wonder if CW knew/knows full well that the gun was used/bullet(s) shot prior to DH supposedly using it.

It's that issue of offering too much info (and very odd info) which usually/can mean/s it's a lie.

Ditto for her ability to identify a phone battery when multiple player's phones use the same identical battery.

Lash's information post section on the cellphone battery : Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*

BBM - What date was KlaasK asked to help with BW's missing case? TIA

June 11, 2012
MOBILE, Alabama -- A candlelight prayer vigil for Brittney Wood will be held at 7 tonight at Travis Road Baptist Church, a spokesman for the Wood family said today.

Wood, 19, was last seen May 30 when she told family members that she was going to visit a friend, but never showed up. Family members filed a missing person report with the Mobile Police Department on June 2.

Family members attended a news conference in Pensacola this morning announcing that they will be receiving help from the KlaasKids Search Team. The team is associated with Marc Klaas, the father of Polly Klaas, a 12-year old girl who was kidnapped and murdered in 1993.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/06/candlelight_prayer_vigil_for_b.html

5/9/14: Detective behind at least 3 [BW] family arrests honored as Mobile Police Officer of 2013

http://blog.al.com/live/2014/05/detective_behind_at_least_3_br.html

Glad you posted this, Quester. It's a good article and these detectives deserve honor for the work they do to protect children and the innocent.

Appreciate all the work and awareness BrittsStepMom has done. It's heartwarming, all the steady sleuthers here are such good people who really care.

:bump:

@ Steph or anyone who can answer, TIA

Re: kPH [CW's "husband"] and his brother

1. In what city did the brother live when BW went missing?
a. Miles from CW/kPH's home?
2. Where was the "out of town work"?
a. Approx how many miles from CW's home?
b. Did they actually go there/clocked in/worked?
c. What kind of work?
d. All corroborated?
3. Whose vehicle ["truck", I believe Steph wrote] did they take?
a. Is that vehicle still owned by whoever owned it when BW was last seen alive @ CW's house?
4. Did "security cameras" also capture images of that truck?
a. Who all was/how many were photod/id'd in truck?
b. Was bed of truck visible in cameras' shots? Anything suspicious?
5. When did they return home? (approx time/date)

It's very probable DH went to Chessie s home and saw Britt. I do not think she left with him but her phone e and her gun did . The phone because it belonged to DH and the gun because he would get rid of it for them they never thought he would take his own life with it
Imo these ppl didn't kill her they were trying to protect her and themselves.

All jmvoo

I respect your thoughts. If Britt was leaving town, I understand the reason behind getting rid of her phone. I am curious why you think Brittney would allow DH or anyone to take her gun especially if she was getting out of dodge? If she was 'running' wouldn't she feel the need to keep her gun for protection? Derek's comment about 'protecting her' follows the logic that Britt was in fear of something or someone. The letter makes it apparent Brittney was a threat to those facing charges. It just seems nonsensical to me that Brittney would 'run' yet leave her gun behind.

Mobile Co Grand Jury Indicted them on ALL charges. They have arraignment Thurs May 15th

Attachments

• 515all.JPG
    515all.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 51514dock.JPG
    51514dock.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 515brownlee.JPG
    515brownlee.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 515morgan.JPG
    515morgan.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 515kent.JPG
    515kent.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 30
JMO but I seriously doubt that gun was BW's. I think it just became convenient for some to say it was BW's and to further embellish the story by saying BW only kept two bullets in it. :notgood: and all JMO.

ETA: If it was, in fact, BW's gun ...

JMO but I seriously doubt that gun was BW's. I think it just became convenient for some to say it was BW's and to further embellish the story by saying BW only kept two bullets in it. :notgood: and all JMO.

ETA: If it was, in fact, BW's gun ...

Yes, LE has denied ever stating it was Brittney's gun. We only have Chessie's "version du jour".

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/05/timeline_the_search_for_brittn.html
"July 20, 2012: The gun used in Donnie Holland's suicide is reported to belong to Brittney Wood, however, Lowery has since denied the connection."

I emailed the reporter for clarification and posted her reply 5-31-13:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliving View Post
Odd isn't it. Now the news says LE have backed away from that statement. I'll email the author of the article for clarification.

I'm quoting my post here because I heard back from the reporter. She was very nice with her quick reply! I shared and discussed the email with a mod and was given the go-ahead to post this:

"In so many words, this was the reporter's reply: BW was underage, so the gun couldn't be registered in her name. Family members admitted knowing she owned a gun, but would not comment on how it was obtained. When she asked Lowery about the statement which said BW's gun was used in DH's suicide, he denied any knowledge of a LE source issuing such a statement. Consequently, to this day, the reporter has been unable to confirm the gun's owner."

I'll post Steph's reply to this news:

6-1-13

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #8

"I can say for a fact, Wally and I never heard mention of Brittney having a gun until the morning of June 2,2012 when Chessie told us she was waiting to hear what kinda of gun DH used since Brittney had a gun with 2 bullets. And the person that she supposedly bought the gun from denied it due to not his gun either. But AH told us & LE that said "guy" did have that gun or on identical like 2 weeks prior . AH told us & LE he saw it when guy put it in AH's face. But no report was filed. So I have NO idea who's gun that was.

You could go with the theory that Britt got it and sold it to DH or WWH for that matter. Or you could go with the story CW has said from the beginning that it was Britt's"

I'll post Steph's reply to this news:

6-1-13

"I can say for a fact, Wally and I never heard mention of Brittney having a gun until the morning of June 2,2012 when Chessie told us she was waiting to hear what kinda of gun DH used since Brittney had a gun with 2 bullets. And the person that she supposedly bought the gun from denied it due to not his gun either. But AH told us & LE that said "guy" did have that gun or on identical like 2 weeks prior . AH told us & LE he saw it when guy put it in AH's face. But no report was filed. So I have NO idea who's gun that was.

You could go with the theory that Britt got it and sold it to DH or WWH for that matter. Or you could go with the story CW has said from the beginning that it was Britt's"

Thanks Gliving! And interesting!

So was "said 'guy'" BW's ex-b/f who moved to Texas?

Was he the one visiting w/BW a few short hours prior to BW supposedly having left CW's door/yard?

W 5/30/2012; 5pm-ish ... a male friend of Britt's went to CW's house to visit with BW. The friend "said he saw CW and P[aul]" there. Little P was not there. Regarding BW's demeanor, Steph wrote the friend "Didn't notice anything out of the norm". According to Steph the friend did not say anything about discord between CW and BW about babysitting or anything else. According to Steph the friend said "[BW] told him she was going to visit/stay with a uncle in Styx River". http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10485198&postcount=582

Mobile Co Grand Jury Indicted them on ALL charges. They have arraignment Thurs May 15th

Ok, so that I understand this correctly.

In August (2014) the trials begin in Baldwin County for charges they have been indicted on by the grand jury?

On May 15 (2014) they will be officially charged in Mobile Co due to the grand jury indictment?

Also, I've been working on sleuthing Butch Morgan. Please feel free to PM me with any post you find related to BM, I do have some, however there are a lot of post to read. :) What I find most interesting is Butch's stay in bed for the week Britt went missing.

My plan is to attend the Baldwin Co trials when they do begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1