AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow , if killing Brittney to keep her quite was the plan , that went terribly , I live in a small town in Ireland and I know all about these sick puppies , I think Brittney was going to be a hero in this family no matter what they did to the girl , I heard her from half way across the world .

What a sweet thing to say.

God, reading the article about what she experienced as a child is awful. This poor baby faced so much in her life, no child should ever experience the things she had. Is it too much to ask that children be raised in a loving home where they are protected from the evils of the world? No one, especially a child, should have had to go through these things. Bless her, wherever she is.

I don't understand the timing on this "new revelation." Daily Mail published it a year ago. Is it too nutty to hope this is being published again for a reason not so apparant yet? This new tip to public records that are also posted on Brittney's support group Facebook page (and have been for over 2 years) is now news to AL.com makes no sense to me.

Dec 9, 2013:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tney-Wood-pleads-SISTER-tell-body-buried.html

Hope they're revealing what some people already knew because it's leading to new info or charges.
I hope Brittney is not forgotten. I still want Brittney to be found, and the truth of what did happen to come out. WWH and some others have the answers, I still believe that.

Then again, JMO, the incest, child sex abuse, the facts and history are just too uncomfortable for the general public to acknowledge. Some misguided idea that keeping it out the local news is a way to protect the victims? Why is it in the news now? Don't know, it could be an attempt to appeal to the public to be outraged and support all efforts of LE to stop this from happening again.

Child sex offenders - Lock them up!

ACK! Why the need to dredge this up? Unless there is a direct correlation to Brit's disappearance, IMO it is not warranted. The victim's name was redacted from the court's decision for a reason, and thus it should remain. No one but BW herself has the right to reveal the details. :moo: :moo:

AL.com does not routinely identify victims of sexual assault, but sees the disclosure as warranted in this high-profile case.
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/08/missing_woman_brittany_wood_wa.html

And just in case anyone is wondering, those court docs are still OFF LIMITS on WS.

Thanks.

Does anyone remember what detective made this statement? I don't recall anyone related to LE or the prosecution making this statement. I recall Chessie saying this, but not LE. I don't believe this is accurate. TIA

From the above article -

Detectives believe that Brittney may have gone to visit her uncle to confront him about sex abuse and have voiced their frustration that the one person who may be able to shed light on the alleged crimes has disappeared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-say-revealed-abused-child.html#ixzz3C4gSESmS

I don't understand the timing on this "new revelation." Daily Mail published it a year ago. Is it too nutty to hope this is being published again for a reason not so apparant yet? This new tip to public records that are also posted on Brittney's support group Facebook page (and have been for over 2 years) is now news to AL.com makes no sense to me.

Dec 9, 2013:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tney-Wood-pleads-SISTER-tell-body-buried.html

Two reasons I can think of...Not very strong reasons, but imo possible.

1. Maybe they are putting Robertson's mug out there to see if he had more victims or a partner?
2. Maybe to remind this sick group if they don't cooperate they CAN get life in prison?

ACK! Why the need to dredge this up? Unless there is a direct correlation to Brit's disappearance, IMO it is not warranted. The victim's name was redacted from the court's decision for a reason, and thus it should remain. No one but BW herself has the right to reveal the details. :moo: :moo:

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/08/missing_woman_brittany_wood_wa.html

And just in case anyone is wondering, those court docs are still OFF LIMITS on WS.

Thanks.

Darn it just saw this! I'm deleting my posts now. Bbbuuuttt... He was very acquainted with this entire group of people, especially Holland and Kent. Wish we could discuss this bc I personally believe he is absolutely involved in the bigger sex ring. I also believe that if he wasn't in jail already, then he'd have been one of the ones in the sex ring being arrested and discussed with the rest of this group of pedophiles.

I also very much believe Brittney knew about the sex abuse going on with various family members, most especially her brother Derek, so I never once thought she was truly meeting Donnie to confront him about the sex abuse allegations, even though Chessie still says that.

ETA - finished removing my posts. Wanted to note something, though. We can't discuss what happened to Brittney or the person involved, but we've discussed repeatedly what's happened to the other victims and whom is involved...and those victims are still alive. Please please please reconsider allowing us to discuss Robertson now that his name and his link to Brittney is in mainstream media? Pleeease?

Does anyone remember what detective made this statement? I don't recall anyone related to LE or the prosecution making this statement. I recall Chessie saying this, but not LE. I don't believe this is accurate. TIA

From the above article -

Detectives believe that Brittney may have gone to visit her uncle to confront him about sex abuse and have voiced their frustration that the one person who may be able to shed light on the alleged crimes has disappeared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-say-revealed-abused-child.html#ixzz3C4gSESmS

I agree. This only came from Chessie and I believe it was version 2.1 ("Not until all *this* came out!") of her stories about Brittney's demeanor as she departed Chessie's house and was last seen alive. JMO until further review.

Two reasons I can think of...Not very strong reasons, but imo possible.

1. Maybe they are putting Robertson's mug out there to see if he had more victims or a partner?
2. Maybe to remind this sick group if they don't cooperate they CAN get life in prison?

Both valid reasons. I seriously have a problem if AL.com has out-sleezoided Daily Mail. If that is a word.
I've often thought Robertson was involved and some of this abuse could date back 10 years when he was still living with Chessie and Brittney. And that he could potentially be the letter writer if a 2nd life sentence could push back his parole date & move him to a less cushy institution. Otherwise, I have a hard time thinking the letter writer does not have a selfish interest and is one of "us 4." (Cumbaa, Morgan, Dustin & Robertson.)

Both valid reasons. I seriously have a problem if AL.com has out-sleezoided Daily Mail. If that is a word.
I've often thought Robertson was involved and some of this abuse could date back 10 years when he was still living with Chessie and Brittney. And that he could potentially be the letter writer if a 2nd life sentence could push back his parole date & move him to a less cushy institution. Otherwise, I have a hard time thinking the letter writer does not have a selfish interest and is one of "us 4." (Cumbaa, Morgan, Dustin & Robertson.)

Exactly and is what we've said from the beginning. Then when that letter came out, made us think even more something's up.

Helped "raise" her mom. Uuuh, yeah. Sleezy skeevy ewww...

I agree. This only came from Chessie and I believe it was version 2.1 ("Not until all *this* came out!") of her stories about Brittney's demeanor as she departed Chessie's house and was last seen alive. JMO until further review.

Want to point out that while I believe the info regarding Britt leaving to confront Donnie originated with Chessie, I specifically remember the original investigator/detective on this case say that Brittney is the one person that could she'd light on this whole sordid ordeal. He felt she holds key testimony to it all.

Exactly and is what we've said from the beginning. Then when that letter came out, made us think even more something's up.

Helped "raise" her mom. Uuuh, yeah. Sleezy skeevy ewww...

Then that theory goes back to Brittney being the "golden nugget" because any surviving victims of Robertson (if he indeed has multiple victims, too.) may have been too young 10-12 yrs ago to convince a jury today of guilt without any doubt without Brittney's testimony. That would make Brittney the main target and not the younger victims and might solve a problem I have with another theory.

Thinking out loud. JMO.

Since I believed from the beginning that Britt knew about others, and since I also believe all of the victims were trained from a young age not to open their mouths about the molestation going on, it's caused me to question from the very beginning why Brittney's own mother chose the words she did - that Britt was going to confront Donnie. Chessie also insists she didn't know what was going on, however, when considering her living situation back then and when Britt was younger, it negates that. I call bs. Then add to the mix that Britt & Chessie had a fight/argument before she left, then the info about being barefoot change to flip flops change to whatever then changed to left on foot (meAning walking not riding), then the discrepancy with the tote, the list goes on.

That damn painted dirt pile.

Omgosh. My Nona taught me from a very young age that its easiest to tell the truth bc lies are hard to remember. Funny how that goes. Kinda crazy how info changes throughout time...

Furthermore, I believe there's more than just 5 victims. I think they just haven't yet or won't ever come forward either out of embarrassment or out of fear. These cats partook in a swinging lifestyle advertising on Craigslist while at the same time were molesting children? Uhm yeah, I truly think there's more out there and wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a CL connection. I hope to goodness detectives backtracked all ip addresses that responded to their ads. Who know what other sites they advertised on. We only know of Craigslist!

Then that theory goes back to Brittney being the "golden nugget" because any surviving victims of Robertson (if he indeed has multiple victims, too.) may have been too young 10-12 yrs ago to convince a jury today of guilt without any doubt without Brittney's testimony. That would make Brittney the main target and not the younger victims and might solve a problem I have with another theory.

Thinking out loud. JMO.

Yet again, what I've been saying from the very beginning of Brittney's disappearance. Kate, this right here is the exact reason I think Brittney was snuffed out. I personally believe she was killed and dumped for the bigger picture, bc I don't believe the ring only consisted of the people arrested over the last year or so, and bc I don't believe the victim count is truly limited to five. I believe Brittney knew alot and was afraid to speak up bc she was trained for too many years not to. It's why I've questioned her age at testimony as compared to the videos testified about from Dustin Kent, etc.

Yet again, what I've been saying from the very beginning of Brittney's disappearance. Kate, this right here is the exact reason I think Brittney was snuffed out. I personally believe she was killed and dumped for the bigger picture, bc I don't believe the ring only consisted of the people arrested over the last year or so, and bc I don't believe the victim count is truly limited to five. I believe Brittney knew alot and was afraid to speak up bc she was trained for too many years not to. It's why I've questioned her age at testimony as compared to the videos testified about from Dustin Kent, etc.

Plus, with Brittney out of the way, it would scare others not to open their mouths. I hope to gosh EVERYONE SPEAKS UP RIGHT NOW to put and to keep these suckers behind bars and to add time to those that are already in jail/prison. If enough victims speak up, it's possible these perps could get life without parole.

If there are any victims reading here, or if there are any people that even remotely know of unnamed victims of the people surrounding this case, please find the courage to talk to someone. Trust the police. Trust clergy. Trust a doctor - any doctor. Trust a teacher. The first step is speaking up. The police will protect you. You will be alright and heal. Please just have faith and do the right thing. Speak up.

Links to the letters again -
Letter 1: http://youtu.be/hyE-dsx42WA
Wendy's Reply: http://youtu.be/hgJ_nn1i3gk

It sure feels like this person's testimony might be just as feared as Brittney's theoretically was. So I still am not convinced Brittney was the main threat on May 30, 2012 or at the time these letters were written. She'd been missing awhile based on Wendy's reply. Remember Donald had been under investigation for months before his alleged suicide. So IDK still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28