AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I get slight solace in thinking maybe this is more common when living so close to a state border. Maybe the job is in Pensacola and still an easy commutable distance from Mobile.
Had to look it up because I had no idea if she was going far with her ankle bracelet.

The driving distance from Mobile, Alabama to New Orleans, Louisiana is: 144 miles
I live in NJ w/in commuting distance of NYC. I would assume that this happens here all the time (as well as in Connecticut) so people can go to their jobs in NY. And further south, it probably the same for the people who commute from NJ into Philadelphia. BUT 144 miles? that's a huge commute.

Both valid reasons. I seriously have a problem if AL.com has out-sleezoided Daily Mail. If that is a word.
I've often thought Robertson was involved and some of this abuse could date back 10 years when he was still living with Chessie and Brittney. And that he could potentially be the letter writer if a 2nd life sentence could push back his parole date & move him to a less cushy institution. Otherwise, I have a hard time thinking the letter writer does not have a selfish interest and is one of "us 4." (Cumbaa, Morgan, Dustin & Robertson.)

Defintion of a SLEEZOID: WWH, MWK, JM, DH, DK, RSW...etc.

I don't think AL.com out-sleezoided the Daily Mail. I personally believe AL.com was asked to publish this info for a particular reason. Whether asked by LE or family. I definitely believe the info was published to serve a legit purpose.

Then that theory goes back to Brittney being the "golden nugget" because any surviving victims of Robertson (if he indeed has multiple victims, too.) may have been too young 10-12 yrs ago to convince a jury today of guilt without any doubt without Brittney's testimony. That would make Brittney the main target and not the younger victims and might solve a problem I have with another theory.

Thinking out loud. JMO.

I agree. If Robertson had more victims and they came forward, Brittney would be a major threat to him. In most states I believe there is a two year statute of limitations after the age of 18 to come forward. We already know Grandma still supports this man even with proof of his guilt. SMH, who does that? Doesn't it seem like Grandma is protecting this man? If this man helped raise CW, did he abuse her or her twin sisters too? My question is how much is Grandma involved in all this?

Links to the letters again -
Letter 1: http://youtu.be/hyE-dsx42WA
Wendy's Reply: http://youtu.be/hgJ_nn1i3gk

It sure feels like this person's testimony might be just as feared as Brittney's theoretically was. So I still am not convinced Brittney was the main threat on May 30, 2012 or at the time these letters were written. She'd been missing awhile based on Wendy's reply. Remember Donald had been under investigation for months before his alleged suicide. So IDK still.

Can you help me remember when Brittney wrote the letter? How did the letter writer and the rest of the sleezoids find out about Brittney's letter? If the sleezoid's found out about the letter before Britt's disappearance maybe Britt was confronted about who was holding the letter?

Also, besides prison inmates, who would write a letter with such damning evidence? Wouldn't you meet face to face to discuss instead of writing a letter with incriminating info? Nonsensical. Not that this group have much sense, but the letters were also kept instead of being destroyed after reading. Something is really off about the letters. I wonder how much Grandma and Robertson communicate via "letter writing".

Can you help me remember when Brittney wrote the letter? How did the letter writer and the rest of the sleezoids find out about Brittney's letter? If the sleezoid's found out about the letter before Britt's disappearance maybe Britt was confronted about who was holding the letter?

Also, besides prison inmates, who would write a letter with such damning evidence? Wouldn't you meet face to face to discuss instead of writing a letter with incriminating info? Nonsensical. Not that this group have much sense, but the letters were also kept instead of being destroyed after reading. Something is really off about the letters. I wonder how much Grandma and Robertson communicate via "letter writing".

I don't think we know the answers to when Brittney wrote her letter to a friend. There's even been discussion on whether it is real or not.
One theory I still believe is the letters were written in October 2012. Because:
1. Dustin's night escapades traveling on foot to the house across the street 4 nights in a row - perfect opportunity for him to exchange letters with other defendants that he was forbidden to have contact with.
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/judge_declines_to_revoke_bail.html
2. Wendy's reply that Brittney's handwriting can't be compared after all this time. This makes me believe the letters can't be before Brittney vanished.
3. Something on one page about fixing this before Wendy goes ***** . To court for her misdemeanor fills in the blank nicely for my theory. She went to court for the endangerment charge Nov 29, 2012 and was charged with the felonies instead. http://youtu.be/VAd-t1LuOtk

When the letters were first published by FOX10 back in November 2013, members with better eyesight, magnifiers & resolution did some excellent deciphering of screen shots. We wrapped up thread 10 with the analysis, started thread 11 and moved some to the basement when more than named suspects were mentioned on another page. So 3 threads to review and here is where the discussion & deciphering of the letters begins in thread 10:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9-Mobile-31-May-2012-10&p=9995740#post9995740

The members only thread letter discussion begins around post #130 - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?226007-AL-Brittney-Wood-Social-Media-Thread-2/page2

I haven't been on WS as much as usual because I started a new job, am in the process of moving, and have been really tired now that I'm in my third trimester of my pregnancy. But not a day goes by that I don't think of Britt and the family members that truly love her.

I probably won't be posting/reading as regularly until I after I go on maternity leave but I just wanted to say although I'm not around as much, I'm still here until we see justice for Brittney!

I haven't been on WS as much as usual because I started a new job, am in the process of moving, and have been really tired now that I'm in my third trimester of my pregnancy. But not a day goes by that I don't think of Britt and the family members that truly love her.

I probably won't be posting/reading as regularly until I after I go on maternity leave but I just wanted to say although I'm not around as much, I'm still here until we see justice for Brittney!
It's great to hear from you, ktgirl. I kind of wondered where you'd gone, and I'm grateful to hear you've just been busy. This is such an exciting time for you. Truly the best life has to offer. Savor each moment. :hug:

Just got to thinking about something and wanted to mention it.

If we go with the premise that the suicide was real. Could it be possible that the motive to take out Brittney was done just for revenge. Like could some person or persons felt Brittney was the cause of all things bad in their life.

In some sick and twisted ways the perp(s) may have just gotten to a point where they blamed most everything on Brittney. When in reality it was their own evil deeds that caused themselves all their trouble.

If she was murdered, it seems it could be that or to prevent her from making future statements to LE. The letter seems to imply she was targeted to prevent her from talking to LE which is possible too although I have to wonder if maybe just hatred and revenge was a big part of it too. Perhaps the suicide was the straw that broke the camels back and some perp(s) kept blaming Brittney for all the bad things happening to them.

Anyway just wanted to mention this because I had not previously thought about it in this way. Just wish LE would get to the bottom of things. I am still not convinced the suicide was even a suicide.

Just got to thinking about something and wanted to mention it.

If we go with the premise that the suicide was real. Could it be possible that the motive to take out Brittney was done just for revenge. Like could some person or persons felt Brittney was the cause of all things bad in their life.

In some sick and twisted ways the perp(s) may have just gotten to a point where they blamed most everything on Brittney. When in reality it was their own evil deeds that caused themselves all their trouble.

If she was murdered, it seems it could be that or to prevent her from making future statements to LE. The letter seems to imply she was targeted to prevent her from talking to LE which is possible too although I have to wonder if maybe just hatred and revenge was a big part of it too. Perhaps the suicide was the straw that broke the camels back and some perp(s) kept blaming Brittney for all the bad things happening to them.

Anyway just wanted to mention this because I had not previously thought about it in this way. Just wish LE would get to the bottom of things. I am still not convinced the suicide was even a suicide.

Interesting thought. I have always believed WWH was jealous of Brittney. Imagine if WWH believed it was something Britt said to DH that triggered his suicide? Revenge and jealousy, bad mix. However, in your theory wouldn't this mean Brittney was alive when DH allegedly killed himself. When do you think Brittney could have been murdered? TIA

I don't think we know the answers to when Brittney wrote her letter to a friend. There's even been discussion on whether it is real or not.
One theory I still believe is the letters were written in October 2012. Because:
1. Dustin's night escapades traveling on foot to the house across the street 4 nights in a row - perfect opportunity for him to exchange letters with other defendants that he was forbidden to have contact with.
2. Wendy's reply that Brittney's handwriting can't be compared after all this time. This makes me believe the letters can't be before Brittney vanished.
3. Something on one page about fixing this before Wendy goes ***** . To court for her misdemeanor fills in the blank nicely for my theory. She went to court for the endangerment charge Nov 29, 2012 and was charged with the felonies instead. http://youtu.be/VAd-t1LuOtk

When the letters were first published by FOX10 back in November 2013, members with better eyesight, magnifiers & resolution did some excellent deciphering of screen shots. We wrapped up thread 10 with the analysis, started thread 11 and moved some to the basement when more than named suspects were mentioned on another page. So 3 threads to review and here is where the discussion & deciphering of the letters begins in thread 10:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9-Mobile-31-May-2012-10&p=9995740#post9995740

The members only thread letter discussion begins around post #130 - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?226007-AL-Brittney-Wood-Social-Media-Thread-2/page2

Thank you KateB, I needed the refresher!!!

More and more I am suspicious of Grandma. I have a theory. Maybe during a heated argument Brittney let Chessie know she wrote a letter that would incriminate all of them and the letter was in a safe place. Could Chessie have shared this tidbit with her mother? The letter WWH received doesn't seem to implicate Chessie. In my opinion either Chessie or Grandma wrote the letter to Wendy? I know a few people in Grandma's generation that still write handwritten letters. Grandma already didn't support Brittney, but I can see Grandma wanting to warn her daughters. Just a thought.

You could be correct that she wasn't the main threat, but perhaps they couldn't reach that particular victim so they killed Brittney to both keep Brittany quiet AND as a way to intimidate the other victim.

I think there was only one or just a small few involved in her disappearance and they told no one about it. Otherwise someone would have said something by now. (unless someone did but the police cannot verify it)

Links to the letters again -
Letter 1: http://youtu.be/hyE-dsx42WA
Wendy's Reply: http://youtu.be/hgJ_nn1i3gk

It sure feels like this person's testimony might be just as feared as Brittney's theoretically was. So I still am not convinced Brittney was the main threat on May 30, 2012 or at the time these letters were written. She'd been missing awhile based on Wendy's reply. Remember Donald had been under investigation for months before his alleged suicide. So IDK still.

Interesting thought. I have always believed WWH was jealous of Brittney. Imagine if WWH believed it was something Britt said to DH that triggered his suicide? Revenge and jealousy, bad mix. However, in your theory wouldn't this mean Brittney was alive when DH allegedly killed himself. When do you think Brittney could have been murdered? TIA

That would be right that if the suicide was real and if it was the final straw that made someone get so mad that they decided to kill Brittney, then that would mean that Brittney would have had to have been murdered after the suicide.

I forget about the timeline. If she went missing before the suicide, then that would kind of throw that theory out the window.

Going back to the thread about the letters is a good refresher. Thanks.
We were really on those letters! :smile:

As someone stated back then, the writer mentioned Jennifer first, which might mean something.
I think referring to Brittney then as "her" could almost indicate she was already gone.
However, I tend to agree with Lash that the writer could've been CW or grandma.
It's still a mystery, but those letters seem so important.
No wonder I feel older. We have really waited a long time for some answers.

P.S. Congratulations and Wishing You All the Best, ktgirl! :blowkiss:

It's interesting that Local 15 says '12 suspects.' I suppose that's the 11 plus 1 deceased, but today I'm hopeful that it is 11 plus 1 inmate. And the only female not incriminated in the letters published by FOX10 is the inmate's significant other. I think you're on to something, Lash.

*or better yet, 11 suspects plus 1 yet unnamed. What is the media trying to tell us? Google 11 suspects + Brittney Wood, that's been the description of this bunch since Jennifer's arrest a year ago.

Did anyone ever hear anything else about the Morgan trial? What about that change of venue?

Apparantly, something I've added on to my Firefox blocks all comments on their site. I finally was able to see the comment by loading Local15's page in a different browser. TY for the headsup.

Now I'm wondering why Baldwin County even has a role in the delay. Butch only has charges in Mobile County. Hmmmm. Is it simply that DHR out of Baldwin Co covers both counties? But then the family member writing the comment says 'his defense in Baldwin.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx