AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I am shocked that the State rested so quickly. It seems that only two family members and one therapist testified... in Brittney's disappearance.
They could have showed pictures of the girl when she was three or four, indicating that is when the abuse started on her.
All they need do is plant the seed in the jury's mind that this woman is evil.

They did not accomplish that in my mind.

As far as the jury goes...
Juries usually have made up their mind about 80% when they enter the jury room.
Some will want to vote right away, others are worried about getting home early.
There will be a few who will try to do a good job.
Sometimes though, they can be intimidated by someone who is argumentative, or just has a big mouth.
Yes, I too am worried, GT. Dustin admitted he didn't want a life sentence but what has me most worried is that the victim apparently fibbed regarding two allegations regarding the football player and a detective.

Edited for brevity

Isn't that football player related to DK?

An interesting thing to watch for is if things really start looking bad for Wendy, she may offer up info on Brittney in exchange for lower sentence.

Not if Wendy has to offer up perhaps her own involvement in Donald's death and Brittney's disappearance. I think she'll keep her mouth shut if that is the case. JMO, she might be capable of more than molesting little kids.

All my own opinion, thoughts, and suspicions.

What happens if she IS found guilty? What are the sentencing procedures? Could that take months?

Please note the word MINORS.

"3:28 p.m. - The cellmate...called Holland "Trick" a nickname that referred to Holland's penchant for sexual activity with multiple partners. Hall also said that Holland told her about the sexual acts with the minors as a way to prepare them for having sex with others."
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index....l#incart_river

BBM

My heart just breaks for this young girl having to call up these memories on the stand, and probably for the rest of her life. Haunted by these bad memories. She's in my prayers, and I consider her a hero.

Teen tells of repeated abuse by Alabama sex ring
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20141209/APN/312099670

"...told jurors Tuesday that she was first molested while still in diapers."

"The young woman, who is still a minor, said her earliest memories include having sex with adult relatives — one of whom was the defendant, Wendy Wood Holland, now 35."

I think I'm going to be sick.

Wendy still faces charges in Mobile County, after Baldwin is done with her, right?

Not if Wendy has to offer up perhaps her own involvement in Donald's death and Brittney's disappearance. I think she'll keep her mouth shut if that is the case. JMO, she might be capable of more than molesting little kids.

All my own opinion, thoughts, and suspicions.

I think she and Jennifer and or Mendy did it. She'll blame Donny but the gunshot behind the year is a little suspect. JMO

What happens if she IS found guilty? What are the sentencing procedures? Could that take months?

Sentencing can take months. (Or what seems like an eternity as in the DP case of Jodi Arias.)

Brownlee was found guilty on Oct. 16th, and sentencing on that conviction will be Dec. 18th, but he also still faces charges in another county.

Video: http://www.local15tv.com/shared/new...-brownlee-guilty-alleged-sex-ring-15330.shtml
"Brownlee's "wife" was crying at the guilty verdict."
Sentencing December 18th and he still faces charges in Mobile County.

Local 15's Facebook post of same article is here: https://www.facebook.com/LOCAL15News/posts/10152341429261587

I put a comment regarding the comments in social media thread.

Here's some info about Dustin Kent's plea of Guilty in August 2014.

Dustin Kent, Chessie Wood enter pleas in sex abuse case
http://fox10tv.com/2014/08/07/dustin-kent-chessie-wood-enter-pleas-in-sex-abuse-case/

The one glaring thing bothering me is, their saying the victim lied on 2 people before about molestation. I wonder if now her credibility is shot with the jurors. I believe still believe her but...i'm not a juror on the case.

The teen testified that her relatives often had group sex that sometimes included Brittney Wood. Wood's disappearance in 2012 at age 19 preceded charges against Holland and 10 other people now charged in what is believed to be the largest such case ever prosecuted in Alabama.

http://www.timesdaily.com/news/stat...cle_276ed812-8240-537e-b5a0-2f2bab350901.html

My prayers with the victims in this. How difficult to testify about such personal things, and yet, without their testimony, the abuse would just continue. I pray they'll be able to find peace, and happiness in their lives.

An entire generation of that family. Ruined and left profoundly damaged. I hope the younger ones can be saved.

I think it's 3 generations. Just horrible! No child should ever have to endure such!!! Ugh! These folks don't deserve to keep breathing after all the damage they have done!

The one glaring thing bothering me is, their saying the victim lied on 2 people before about molestation. I wonder if now her credibility is shot with the jurors. I believe still believe her but...i'm not a juror on the case.

Maybe she was lying in a scream for attention for someone to notice and stop it, yet was afraid to tell it was her own family? I don't know the circumstances behind her false statements, but I don't believe any 16yr old would tell people that family was trying to force her to have sex with her brother unless it was the truth! Can you imagine how hard it was for her to get on the stand? My most sincere gratitude for her being so brave.

Some of Brittney's family tried to call her a liar when she had to point the finger at Grandma's boyfriend and testify that he had done things to her. She was not lying. He has been in prison for years, and in those years many children have not been molested by him. Hooray. Brittney saved all those children from being abused by him. She was a brave little girl.

This young witness on the stand yesterday was being accused by WWH and her defense attorney of lying, but from all I've heard from the state's witnesses this young girl was one of the minors abused by WWH. This is the trial of WWH and it sounds like she did, in fact, do sexual things to children. I think that specific part of the testimony is definitely a truth coming from this young witness. It is so wrong and cruel for WWH to try to get out of it by calling this young witness a chronic liar. Children were said to be passed around in this family sex ring. After all, it's not all a made up story! WWH was one of the most connected to all of it, IMO, a main cog in the wheel as they say.

Again, this is just my own opinion, but I see no reason for this brave, young witness to be making up stories about WWH who is the one on trial now.

6 testified - Investigator, child abuse doctor, Derek, Dustin, cellmate and the victim.
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/12/incest_children_used_for_sex_a.html#incart_river

If you're catching up, this is what happened yesterday in court. Thankfully, the coverage shared key information of what was going on. I'm impressed it's moving along at a steady pace, too.

Incest, children used for sex and a missing teen: Live updates from the jury trial of Wendy Holland
on December 09, 2014 at 8:14 AM, updated December 09, 2014 at 4:17 PM
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/12/incest_children_used_for_sex_a.html#incart_river

Please note the word MINORS.

"3:28 p.m. - The cellmate...called Holland "Trick" a nickname that referred to Holland's penchant for sexual activity with multiple partners. Hall also said that Holland told her about the sexual acts with the minors as a way to prepare them for having sex with others."
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index....l#incart_river

BBM

Interesting testimony by the cellmate. The victim also testified Wendy Holland would tell her the forced sex was just to teach you all how to do this. The cellmate tesitified using similar wording. Wendy told the cellmate the acts with the minors was a way to prepare them for having sex with others. There's no way the victim and the cellmate communicated with each other to line up their stories. As well I don't believe there is prosecution coercion in this case. I hope the jury caught this. I tend to believe Wendy did make these comments to her cellmate.

10:15 a.m. - The victim said her brother would be forced to have sex with Holland while she had sex with Donnie Holland. The couple would tell the victim to have sex with her brother, but that they declined. Wendy Holland, according to the victim, told them "we are just teaching you all how to do this."

I hope this young lady knows how much she is loved and how much she is supported. The road ahead won't always be easy. I pray once these trials are over she can start fresh, live a happy life free of fear and free of these people. She is a strong young lady. She is a survivor and a hero! God bless her!

http://www.wkrg.com/story/27588840/wendy-holland-trial-childhood-of-horrors
Wendy Holland Trial: Childhood of Horrors

video from inside the courtroom.

"It's hard to believe that this went on, unnoticed, for so many years, so many generations and that so many people kept it quiet and that nobody had a clue and it took somebody disappearing and somebody coming up dead for this to come out," says Brittney Wood's step mom Stephanie Hanke. Brittney went missing just before the sex ring was exposed.
The defense says it's all a lie. Made up stories. They began presenting their case late Tuesday afternoon. They will get into the meat of the defense when testimony resumes Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx