AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The famous 10 year gap in the twin's ages. Mendy & Wendy are the twins.

10:31 a.m. - We are still in recess, but I'm going to add a quick editorial note to this -- there really is a lot I cannot report due to the sensitivity of revealing the victim and victims in this case. However, it's evident that the sexual abuses involving family members span at least three generations and, perhaps more.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/12/deviant_sex_crimes_involving_i.html

If it's evident to the reporter, I'm confident it is evident to the jury. That's all the defense has? The kid lies?

So Wendy is on the stand saying she was molested? Wait...no. Who is the witness on the stand right now?

Thinking of BrittsStepMom during the pause. Passing kleenex and bandaids. I've needed both this morning from way over here. You're one strong voice for Brittney and the other victims that I am grateful for. Hugs to you & Wallace.

OK...so let me see...the witness, who was a friend of the victim, and claims the victim lies is now saying that she herself was molested by multiple adults? UGH...what is wrong here.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/12/deviant_sex_crimes_involving_i.html

The jury groan is 10:55am Central. Not Wendy. The last witness, presumably. And allow lag time for the alternate source to prepare and send the tweet.

I'm not sure.

Thanks KateB :)

The timing correlates with the testimony of the last (3rd) witness. I'm speculating this came out during cross examination by the prosecution? The 3rd witness was on the stand at 10:18am according to Al.com. No other witnesses followed.

Quick question. How many victims will be testifying over the course of the multiple trials? Not including Derek. My brain can't keep up with the awful things we've heard so I apologize for asking.

Quick question. How many victims will be testifying over the course of the multiple trials? Not including Derek. My brain can't keep up with the awful things we've heard so I apologize for asking.

Due to the ages, it's only been referred to as around a dozen victims. How many are old enough to take the stand in a courtroom and offer compelling testimony is an unknown. It was so some may not have to go through that, that Dustin and Scott pled guilty, is my understanding.

11:57 a.m. - Johnson-Theodoro is beginning her closing statements. She said there has been no evidence presented in the case.

"Almost all of the state's witnesses had huge reasons to lie. It's easy to get up on the witness stand and say whatever the government wants you to say for leniency."

11:55 a.m. - The only hope, Patterson said, is that the jury believe that the victim, Dustin Kent, Derek Wood and others are lying.

11:50 a.m. - Patterson: "How many generations will this go on?" She said that the victim had the courage to stand up and say this can't go on any longer.

11:44 a.m. - Patterson said the sex crimes were something that went on and on and on: "There are so many different configurations of people that over and over again, this was their life. It was a life created in large part by this woman."

11:40 a.m. - Patterson: "It's the ultimate betrayal."

11:35 a.m. - Patterson: "What (Holland) told that child is if you tell you anyone, the family will be broken up."

11:33 a.m. - Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Nicki Patterson is giving the closing statements for the state.

12:05 p.m. - Johnson-Theodoro said that if the jury believes the victim, then they have to also believe some of the false accusations the victim has made in the past.

12:03 p.m. - Johnson-Theodoro has brought props to her closing statements. She purchased red flags from the hardware store to illustrate why some people who took the stand might have testified in this case. For instance, with Kent, she said he's looking at a life sentence -- a "red flag," she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28