AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed this case from the start but never post. I have been following a fast paced case the past week and had to come over here when someone used wood instead of would.

I'm glad I did. I am hoping we are getting closer to some answers.

:seeya: Just wanted to share some good news with y'all..

Wally's home the judge cut him loose late this afternoon and I have him cutting the grass figured he could use the fresh air LOL.

Going to be a decent 4th after all!

:loveyou:

Great news! You could use some good news for a change. Thank goodness nothing happened while he was in jail! I am so glad Wally will be home with you for the holiday. :loveyou:

From what I understand he will live with CW.

I'm sure Derek's homing choices are limited. I wish he would stay in a place where he is not surrounded by dysfunction or where he might be tempted to use.

I'm sure we don't have all the details surrounding Derek's release. However since Derek was granted YOS his sentence appears to only have been time served. Quick guess, 6 months. I am curious to know if Derek was required to register as a sex offender?

I have followed this case from the start but never post. I have been following a fast paced case the past week and had to come over here when someone used wood instead of would.

I'm glad I did. I am hoping we are getting closer to some answers.

welcum :giggle:

I'm sure Derek's homing choices are limited. I wish he would stay in a place where he is not surrounded by dysfunction or where he might be tempted to use.

I'm sure we don't have all the details surrounding Derek's release. However since Derek was granted YOS his sentence appears to only have been time served. Quick guess, 6 months. I am curious to know if Derek was required to register as a sex offender?

I would think yes!

You may be eligible for Youthful Offender Status under Alabama law. If you are under 21 years of age and have been charged with a criminal offense, you may be eligible to apply for Youthful Offender Treatment.

As a Youthful Offender, you waive your right to a jury trial and consent to be tried by the court without a jury. The court will perform an investigation and examination of your record and in its discretion, decide whether or not you will be treated as a Youthful Offender.

If adjudged by the Court to be a Youthful Offender, the Court, in its sole discretion, may do any of the following: see link
http://rbmlaw.org/yostatus.htm

Are we sure he got Youthful offender release? Or was that just what rumor?
guess we find out today.

You may be eligible for Youthful Offender Status under Alabama law. If you are under 21 years of age and have been charged with a criminal offense, you may be eligible to apply for Youthful Offender Treatment.

As a Youthful Offender, you waive your right to a jury trial and consent to be tried by the court without a jury. The court will perform an investigation and examination of your record and in its discretion, decide whether or not you will be treated as a Youthful Offender.

If adjudged by the Court to be a Youthful Offender, the Court, in its sole discretion, may do any of the following: see link
http://rbmlaw.org/yostatus.htm

Are we sure he got Youthful offender release? Or was that just what rumor?
guess we find out today.

I'm not sure we will found out. From the article in AL.com, Youthful offender hearings are held in private unless the defendants waive their right to confidentiality. From the link you provided, the bold appears to be what Derek received.

If adjudged by the Court to be a Youthful Offender, the Court, in its sole discretion, may do any of the following:

1•Suspend the imposition or execution of sentence with or without probation; or

2•Place you on probation not to exceed three (3) years and prescribe terms of said probation.

3•Impose a fine as provided by law.

4•Commit you to the custody of the Department of Corrections for a term of three (3) years or less, or if the crime with which you have been charged does not authorize a fine or sentence, in lieu or in addition to any fine, the court may also impose a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000).

5•If the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, you may be given treatment or educational classes as provided by law.

Today is a whril wind of info. :scared:

The twins have/had court in Mobile asking for reduced bond.
I just learned around 830 am that Derek has/had court this morning in BC

I have found out there are reporters at both hearings so just waiting on the details.

why would Mendy's be denied and Wendy's be reduced...that makes no since to me. They both should have been denied especially Wendy.

Twin sisters accused in alleged child sex ring due in court

By Steve Alexander/Photojournalist: Robert Brown
Published: July 1, 2014, 7:50 am Updated: July 1, 2014, 10:39 am

Snip - The sisters were indicted, so a new judge, Judge Rick Stout, is presiding over the case.

Holland is being held on a $30,000 bond on a sodomy charge. Judge Stout lowered her bond to $5,000.

Kent is charged with sodomy and sex abuse. Her bond is set at $60,000. Judge Stout denied her bond reduction.

http://fox10tv.com/2014/07/01/twin-sisters-accused-in-alleged-child-sex-ring-due-in-court/

Wood family member gets youthful offender in sex abuse case

Derek Wood's youthful offender hearing was held behind closed-doors at the request of Wood's attorney, Christopher Rose.

Circuit Court Judge Jody Bishop only allowed Derek Wood's family in the court.

Derek Wood's records, including his sentence on the rape and sodomy charges, are sealed as a result of the judge granting him youthful offender status.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/07/wood_family_member_gets_youthf.html

Very interesting seems he.made a deal with the DA.

No surprise there, IF true. I still maintain DW knows his sister was harmed and by whom. He feels terrible that he wasn't there to protect her. All he can do now is give up the perp(s). JMO

It's pretty interesting that WWH had her bond lowered, but not the other twin.

I don't think this case is about Brittney it's about the rape of these children..

Remember this in Chessie's press conference?
Q: Well, what about your sisters?

Ya, I believe, if...I believe one of them, I have, been brought to my attention that one of them has knowledge at least and the other one is guilty. And it hurts. These are my sisters I grew up with. It's not nothing. They didn't just hurt their children. They hurt mine, too. And I just don't understand how they can hurt my, their kids and my kids (over/older?) my nieces and nephews.
<snip>
http://videos.al.com/mobile-press-register/2013/10/chessie_wood_press_conference.html (at the 4:40 mark)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*

I've always wondered if I assumed correctly which one knows and which one is guilty, and today's events bring me back to that question. Is it August yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member