AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember this in Chessie's press conference?
Q: Well, what about your sisters?

Ya, I believe, if...I believe one of them, I have, been brought to my attention that one of them has knowledge at least and the other one is guilty. And it hurts. These are my sisters I grew up with. It's not nothing. They didn't just hurt their children. They hurt mine, too. And I just don't understand how they can hurt my, their kids and my kids (over/older?) my nieces and nephews.
<snip>
http://videos.al.com/mobile-press-register/2013/10/chessie_wood_press_conference.html (at the 4:40 mark)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*

I've always wondered if I assumed correctly which one knows and which one is guilty, and today's events bring me back to that question. Is it August yet?
Earlier in that same interview CW says:
Q: What do you think happened?

I believe Donnie killed my daughter. Over the sex crimes. So, of course, they're going to be connected.

I believe there's people on this earth that is related to me. That has answers to questions. I've asked them about repeatedly. And they've never gave me the answer. And one of them, is to Wendy Holland. My own sister. When she found her husband dead, or almost dead, she grabs his phone and deletes four messages. She told me this herself. To this day, she won't tell me what was on that phone. And it leads me to believe that it had something to do with my daughter. I begged you Wendy to tell me where my daughter is. And you won't. Please, tell me where my daughter is.

Our childhood was great, it was normal, our life was totally normal. Until this all exploded. We had the everyday family until this came out. And it has flipped my world upside down. I didn't just lose my daughter, I lost half my family with it.

I could tell her demeanor was different right before she left my house. At that time, I didn't know.
I mean, she's a 19 year old teenager. And, but looking back, yeah, her demeanor was different when she left.
http://videos.al.com/mobile-press-register/2013/10/chessie_wood_press_conference.html

Wood family member gets youthful offender in sex abuse case

Derek Wood's youthful offender hearing was held behind closed-doors at the request of Wood's attorney, Christopher Rose.

Circuit Court Judge Jody Bishop only allowed Derek Wood's family in the court.

Derek Wood's records, including his sentence on the rape and sodomy charges, are sealed as a result of the judge granting him youthful offender status.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/07/wood_family_member_gets_youthf.html

The clip you quoted has changed tonight:

Derek Wood's records on the rape and sodomy charges are sealed as a result of the judge granting him youthful offender status.

The sealed sentence (implying he had been sentenced.) part is gone.

No wonder I stay confused.

Will it all stayed sealed?

"We may never know what the future holds for Derek Wood now that he&#8217;s been granted youthful offender status. Judge Bishop&#8217;s courtroom was only open to Wood&#8217;s family and attorneys and all results of the hearing and any sentence will remain sealed to the public. Prosecutors could not release any details of what happened in that courtroom, but said there will be more to come."

http://fox10tv.com/2014/07/01/youthful-offender-status-granted-to-derek-wood/

He still is facing three years?
"Wood’s attorney, Derek Rose said Wood’s case was not resolved Tuesday. He said that if convicted and sentenced, Wood could face up to three years in jail on both charges. For now he’s working on getting him out of jail on bond."

What negotiations are they talking about? Yes, confusing.

“There are still some open ends to be tied. It’s not a complete resolution at this point in time, but there are negotiations pending,” said Baldwin County Assistant District Attorney Teresa Heinz."

"According to Wood’s attorney, Derek Rose Wood’s been in jail since December of 2012 on charges of second degree rape and second degree sodomy. Prosecutors said the victim was between the ages of 12 and 16 at the time of the offenses. Heinz said those charges will
no longer apply and that Wood will be charged as a “youthful offender.”

I don't think this case is about Brittney it's about the rape of these children..

I respectfully disagree. I believe the rape of these precious children and Brittney's disappearance are all connected. In my opinion, the assistant DA's statement below sums it up.

Snip- Prosecutors in Mobile County and Baldwin County face a huge hill to climb. They have nine different suspects in what they call a child sex ring with many of Wood&#8217;s relatives. Through all of the court hearings and investigations, Brittney&#8217;s disappearance is still a priority.

&#8220;There is not a week that doesn&#8217;t go by that we don&#8217;t receive information that is thoroughly investigated by the Mobile Police Department, The Baldwin County Sheriff&#8217;s Office or the Mobile County Sheriff&#8217;s Office,&#8221; Heinz said. &#8220;We follow up on every lead, every rumor. We are all working together as a joint unit to try and find Brittney.&#8221;

Only 9 suspects? We have 11 plus 1 deceased. Perhaps the 2 "youthful offenders" are no longer suspects but only victims.

This brings back another question. The eternal what did RSW alert authorities several months before Brittney disappeared. He did have an ominous social media post wondering what to do with people he cared about that were too young to know how dangerous their behavior was. I'll look for that and post in the social media when I can form a coherent theory with this idea.

I respectfully disagree. I believe the rape of these precious children and Brittney's disappearance are all connected. In my opinion, the assistant DA's statement below sums it up.

Oh I believe the reason Brittney is missing is because of the case but, this case is about what happened to the girls Britts family members molested.

JMO

AFAIK she never pressed any charges against them.
And I do not think they killed her or had her killed.
JMO

As for her brother and the youthfull offender status I think he agreed to plead guilty for a lesser sentence... otherwise if he went to trial he could face a lot of time.... I would think he will be on probation and have to register as a SO,
JMO

Only 9 suspects? We have 11 plus 1 deceased. Perhaps the 2 "youthful offenders" are no longer suspects but only victims.

This brings back another question. The eternal what did RSW alert authorities several months before Brittney disappeared. He did have an ominous social media post wondering what to do with people he cared about that were too young to know how dangerous their behavior was. I'll look for that and post in the social media when I can form a coherent theory with this idea.

they eliminated the two they wont go to trial with the rest.
I think they had to plead guilty for the YO status. So their case is closed.\JMO

IMO they will find her now that Derek is out of jail!

IMO Derek knows a lot about the sex abuse and I'm Sure he has heard rumors about his sister but I do not believe he knows were she is. I'm actually glad he got youthful offender status because at one point he was a victim and he does deserve a chance too prove himself! On the other hand I hope that part of his release is too not be allowed around anyone under the age of 18! I firmly believe once a so always a so but in this case the circumstances are diffrent, he may have been over age when the crimes occurred but that doesn't mean he wasn't being forced or cohersed into doing them. Not making excuses just saying we don't know the full story!

I'm going to tread lightly with my words here. If Derek was 21 in 2012 and he was charged with second degree rape, I wonder if his charges are due to age factor?

I would hope if the DA is able to work with any of the charged, that it would be a person charged that was a non violent act. Sincerely hope that would be the case in order to obtain a conviction for those charged with more severe crimes.

With the latest turn of events, Wendy having her bail amount lowered, and not Mendy is most interesting to me.

We have no idea what Brittney would have done, I believe Brittney is feared dead because others believe Brittney was a threat to their freedom.

August is just around the corner. LE is closing in....keep thinking Bad Boys whats ya gonna do?

I'm going to tread lightly with my words here. If Derek was 21 in 2012 and he was charged with second degree rape, I wonder if his charges are due to age factor?

I would hope if the DA is able to work with any of the charged, that it would be a person charged that was a non violent act. Sincerely hope that would be the case in order to obtain a conviction for those charged with more severe crimes.

With the latest turn of events, Wendy having her bail amount lowered, and not Mendy is most interesting to me.

We have no idea what Brittney would have done, I believe Brittney is feared dead because others believe Brittney was a threat to their freedom.

August is just around the corner. LE is closing in....keep thinking Bad Boys whats ya gonna do?

Trials cannot get here fast enough.

IMO Derek knows a lot about the sex abuse and I'm Sure he has heard rumors about his sister but I do not believe he knows were she is. I'm actually glad he got youthful offender status because at one point he was a victim and he does deserve a chance too prove himself! On the other hand I hope that part of his release is too not be allowed around anyone under the age of 18! I firmly believe once a so always a so but in this case the circumstances are diffrent, he may have been over age when the crimes occurred but that doesn't mean he wasn't being forced or cohersed into doing them. Not making excuses just saying we don't know the full story!

Well where does it end?
I think they all were victims at some point in their lives.
I cant make excuses for him... or any of them. Its wrong!
Sorry

Well where does it end?
I think they all were victims at some point in their lives.
I cant make excuses for him... or any of them. Its wrong!
Sorry

As I stated I wasn't making excuses for him just saying we don't know the full story.

Yes, it is most interesting that Wendy had her bond amount lowered, but not Mendy.

snip

."[/FONT][/SIZE]

I'm so curious how many others are thinking about this and just not sure what to say at this point. I guess I'm a little surprised, but that's ok. LE knows much more than I do.

Did it sound to any of you that the DA was agreeable to the bond reduction?

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/13A/6/4/13A-6-62

Found this online:

(a) A person commits the crime of rape in the second degree if:

(1) Being 16 years old or older, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex less than 16 and more than 12 years old; provided, however, the actor is at least two years older than the member of the opposite sex.

(2) He or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex who is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally defective.

(b) Rape in the second degree is a Class B felony.(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §2311; Acts 1979, No. 79-471, p. 862, §1; Acts 1987, No. 87-607, p. 1056, §2; Act 2000-726, p. 1557, §1.) - See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/13A/6/4/13A-6-62#sthash.CtMl7gFo.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee