AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, not familiar with how Alabama works, but typically trials are open to the public. I suppose a Judge could close his court room for good cause. The only good cause I could think of in this instance would be because we're dealing with minor victims and the Judge may want to avoid traumatizing the children by having people in the court room.

Hoping we get answers soon, and Brittney comes home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From April 2014.
Billboards go up in Mobile to raise Child Abuse Prevention in April, Mobile County Public Schools continue their lesson
http://blog.al.com/live/2014/04/billboards_go_up_in_mobile_to.html
Helping the victim, prosecuting the abuser
The Child Advocacy Center is a non-profit agency that employs the help of 28 professionals from seven different agencies. Each case referred for court is not handled by one person, but a team of Volunteer Victim Advocates. Pat Guyton, the director of the Child Advocacy Center, said the cases they handle have a 90-95 percent conviction rate. One of the reasons is vertical prosecution. That means Assistant District Attorney Nicki Patterson handles each case and it is not tossed from prosecutor to prosecutor. Guyton also said volunteer advocates use Trauma Focus Cognitive Behavior Therapy to help a victim heal. The therapy helps the victim understand the scar will always be there, but they do not have to live as a victim. The military uses the same therapy to help troops with PTSD.

Now why is Chessie requesting prayers for her son Derek?

anyone know?

Something is going on with Chessie.
Seems she is out of her house.

Train wreck at it's finest. I wonder if she will take the rock[emoji15]

Chessie got booted from her house, did a little facebook begging for $$$, a truck and help, apparently now has a new place to live...wondering if she took the memorial rock to the new house!

Chessie got booted from her house, did a little facebook begging for $$$, a truck and help, apparently now has a new place to live...wondering if she took the memorial rock to the new house!

Is there a Facebook page you are reading this at?

I just need a little money again. :wink:

Bump for Brittney! August is just around the corner :jail:

Dustin is scheduled for court this morning. Crossing fingers they are ready for the trial to begin 8/11...no postponements please!

Dustin is scheduled for court this morning. Crossing fingers they are ready for the trial to begin 8/11...no postponements please!

I am sooo ready for these trials to begin! Time for some justice for Britt and the other innocent victims in this tragedy of a family.

Kati Weis ‏@KatiWeis 15m
BREAKING: Dustin Kent, involved in Wood family sex ring, has plead guilty to rape and sodomy in Baldwin County. @FOX10News

Kati Weis ‏@KatiWeis 15m
BREAKING: Dustin Kent, involved in Wood family sex ring, has plead guilty to rape and sodomy in Baldwin County. @FOX10News
Oh wow! Justice has started! I hope he doesn't get a sweet deal, but I do hope he leads us to Brittney!

Dustin Kent, uncle to Brittney Wood, pleads guilty to rape and sodomy

snipped

Dustin Kent plead guilty to charges of rape and sodomy in a Baldwin County courtroom Thursday morning.

FOX10 News reporter Kati Weis was in the courtroom on Thursday morning for Kent’s hearing. Kent is implicated by investigators in Mobile and Baldwin Counties in a sex crime ring, along with a number of family members. Kent faces a number of charges, including sodomy and rape among others.

http://fox10tv.com/2014/07/31/dustin-kent-uncle-to-brittney-wood-pleads-guilty-to-rape-and-dodomy/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member