Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dustin Kent, uncle of Brittney Wood, sentenced in Mobile for rape, sodomy
Posted: Nov 05, 2015 10:36 AM CST Updated: Nov 05, 2015 10:51 AM CST
MOBILE, AL (WALA) -

Dustin Kent -- uncle of missing teen Brittney Wood -- today was sentenced in Mobile Circuit Court to 17 years for his sex crimes.
Kent accepted a plea deal in July 14 and avoided bringing the case to trial.

Short article at link.
Dustin received the same sentence from Mobile County on Nov 5th that he received in Baldwin County on Oct 22.
I thought Randall Scott Wood's Mobile sentencing was Nov 5th, also, but I haven't found any articles to confirm if he was or wasn't sentenced.

[video=twitter;664765436928528386]https://twitter.com/SarahWallFox10/status/664765436928528386[/video]

Article from last month that I found looking for Mendy Kent updates:

Jurors on Mendy Wood Kent trial donate checks to CAC
Posted: Oct 08, 2015 9:57 PM CDT Updated: Oct 08, 2015 9:57 PM CDT
http://www.fox10tv.com/story/302212...kent-trial-donate-checks-to-cac#ixzz3o1xgCskl
MOBILE, AL (WALA) - After a Mobile County Jury found Mendy Wood Kent guilty of using children in her family for sex, all 12 jurors made an independent decision to donate their county compensation checks to the Child Advocacy Center (CAC) of Mobile, an agency that counseled the victims in the case.

"It was an easy decision to make," one juror told FOX10 News.

Pat Guyton, Director of the Child Advocacy Center, said the jurors felt compelled to donate their checks to the CAC following intense testimony by the child victim in the case.

Video & more at link.

Mendy Kent sentenced to maximum of 40 years
Posted: Nov 12, 2015 1:07 PM CST
http://www.fox10tv.com/story/30498391/mendy-kent-scheduled-for-sentencing
Before imposing sentence, Judge Rick Stout said that this was one of the most troubling cases he has heard in his career, because it was so egregious, and the impact child abuse has on victims.

Then, Judge Stout handed down his sentence: twenty years on each count to run consecutively.

That makes a total of forty years in prison, the maximum Kent could have received.

More at link including statements from ADA Nicki Patterson.

Ugh. I hate this statement from Mendy Kents attorney,
Kent's Attorney John Grow argued Kent had no previous criminal record and called the incidents isolated.
Isolated?! You can not make light of what they did. It sickens me.

Ugh. I hate this statement from Mendy Kents attorney, Isolated?! You can not make light of what they did. It sickens me.

It only takes ONE isolated incident to scar a child for life. Good grief! Personally I don't believe it was an isolated incident either.

As well this statement makes me sick...

Grow said, "According to the pre-sentence report, there was no recidivism, no chance of it, a very low chance, because she's not that type of person.

Not that type of person? Really? GMAB!

So is the only one who hasn't had a trial yet Chessie?

I so wish Brittney would be found and that there were answers for her daughter, dad, and stepmom.

I don't think Britney will ever be found. Bless her daughter and bless the family that loves Britney. She will forever be in my prayers.

So is the only one who hasn't had a trial yet Chessie?

I so wish Brittney would be found and that there were answers for her daughter, dad, and stepmom.

IIRC, Butch Morgan and Chessie are the two remaining offenders awaiting trial.

IIRC, Butch Morgan and Chessie are the two remaining offenders awaiting trial.
Yes I believe you are right.

I think we are waaay past the the stage now where, if any of the family were going to spill the beans on what happened to Brittney, they would have done so. I believe that the ranks in that family have been so tightly reigned in that we will never know what happened to that poor girl.

It's a shame really that (barring dad and step mom) nobody in that family cares/d enough about Brittney to lay this to rest and allow her to have the proper burial she deserves

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes I believe you are right.

I think we are waaay past the the stage now where, if any of the family were going to spill the beans on what happened to Brittney, they would have done so. I believe that the ranks in that family have been so tightly reigned in that we will never know what happened to that poor girl.

It's a shame really that (barring dad and step mom) nobody in that family cares/d enough about Brittney to lay this to rest and allow her to have the proper burial she deserves

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Still my opinion.....Uncle Donnie knew what happened to her and only him.
I still think she left and never looked back. I do not think he killed her.
I also don't think any of the pervs know what happened but there is a possibility (in my opinion) her mother may know where she is and keeps in touch.

[video=twitter;677598125616427008]https://twitter.com/MobileDA/status/677598125616427008[/video]
(December 17, 2015)
Today William Brownlee entered a guilty plea to Rape1st & 2nd Sentenced to 20 yrs serve concurrent to Baldwin County cases. ADA N.Patterson
https://twitter.com/MobileDA/status/677598125616427008

His jury trial would have started today had he not changed his plea to guilty.

Forgot about Jennifer Moore. I don't believe she has been sentenced or had her day in court either. For some reason we don't hear much about Jennifer.

Same with James Cumbaa. His trial is scheduled for August 2016.

Same with James Cumbaa. His trial is scheduled for August 2016.

So we have 4 left who have not pled or had a trial.

Butch Morgan, James Cumbaa, Chessie Wood and Jennifer Moore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill
Back