AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipped for context-
Chessie Wood March 28, 2016 Mobile County
James Cumbaa Aug 15, 2016 Mobile County (WKRG says 8/27)
Butch Morgan Mar 28, 2016 Mobile County
Jennifer Moore Aug 26, 2016 Baldwin County

Used the dates from this article: http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index...tale_of_perversion_sti.html#incart_river_home

Calendar: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php
Reminders can be requested at the link for each event. Just change the month/year to find the link to set a reminder.

Bumping this post from KateB :)

BBM- The names of the 4 accused still awaiting trial, along with their trial dates. I still don't understand why a few of these trials dates are scheduled so far out.

Quote "I still don't understand why a few of these trials dates are scheduled so far out."

I don't understand, either.

I haven't posted in a very long time because I have nothing to add to the discussion. I still come back often to check and see if there are any new developments.

I'm still inclined to think that Britney may still be with us, but either doesn't want to come back, or is unable to do so. Maybe I wish that because I just don't want to admit she came to fatal harm. Her, her brothers, and the other children's plight in this case haunt me. And it is crushing to realize there are so many others trapped in horrible situations. So sad when a child never has a chance...

Edited to add: I am in no way implying anything negative about other family and friends who love Brittney.

Quote "I still don't understand why a few of these trials dates are scheduled so far out."

I don't understand, either.

I haven't posted in a very long time because I have nothing to add to the discussion. I still come back often to check and see if there are any new developments.

I'm still inclined to think that Britney may still be with us, but either doesn't want to come back, or is unable to do so. Maybe I wish that because I just don't want to admit she came to fatal harm. Her, her brothers, and the other children's plight in this case haunt me. And it is crushing to realize there are so many others trapped in horrible situations. So sad when a child never has a chance...

Edited to add: I am in no way implying anything negative about other family and friends who love Brittney.

Oh I think she is Alive! Always did!

Court today for Chessie too?

Thank you! I totally missed seeing Chessie had a hearing today. I did not get a WS calendar notification for her hearing, just Butch. Nothing on MSM yet today for Chessie.

Snip - Chessie Wood's trial is set for March 28th 2016.
http://www.wtoc.com/story/29565023/trial-dates-set-for-child-sex-ring-defendants

ETA - I didn't see Chessie on either court dockets for Baldwin or Mobile counties. I did see Butch.

On Thursday, the 24th, Chessie's trial was still showing on Mobile's docket for today at 8:30. (Via a screenshot from one of Find Brittney's FB.)

Maybe her trial is currently under way or rescheduled, IDK?

Oh I think she is Alive! Always did!

Hi Eileen :wave: I pray and hope you're right!

Quote from Baldwin County Sheriff Huey "Hoss" Mack - 10/2015

All of those leads which could be followed up on have been to date," Mack said. "It is our belief she is deceased and her body has been concealed."

He said in a statement, "Closure will only come when Ms. Wood's killer (or killers) are indicted and Ms. Woods' body is located."

The case remains open, receiving attention from Mobile police and from sheriff's offices and district attorney's offices in both counties.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/10/twisted_tale_of_perversion_sti.html

​Nelton Morgan sentenced to prison, probation

Snip-

WPMI —
Nelton Morgan has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, and will serve that as a split sentence. Two years will be spent in jail, followed by five years probation. Morgan will be required to registers a a sex offender.

http://local15tv.com/news/local/nelton-morgan-sentenced-to-prison-probation

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm disappointed there's no news story connected to his involvement. He's already been in jail almost two years. Will that count as time served?

:notgood: Nobody talked and we still don't know what happened to Brittney.

Instead of going with the scheduled trial yesterday, Morgan took a plea deal. His split sentence totals 10 years. Since the article states he has 2 years to serve, I would assume he was given 3 years credit for time served.

I'm glad the victims did not have to go through another trial for this . Hopefully the remaining defendants will do the same and take a plea. Literally and then figuratively through court, these kids have been victimized over and over. They're heroes!

The article mentions Chessie will go on trial later this year, Cumbaa too. No dates given. Missing once again is any mention of Jennifer Moore.

Nelton Morgan pleads guilty in child sex ring investigation

Snip- Nelton Morgan, one of 11 defendants in a child sex ring investigation spanning Mobile and Baldwin County took a plea deal and pleaded guilty to sex abuse of a child younger than 12.

As part of the deal, Morgan was sentenced to a 10 year split sentence. Two years behind bars and five years probation. He will also have to register as a sex offender.

Snip- Two other defendants, Chessie Wood and James Cumbaa will go on trial later this year.

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/315867...in-child-sex-ring-investigation#ixzz44I4lYXUn

Adding this statement about JM getting out of jail at that time.

If Moore is able to get out of jail, she will have to follow several conditions set by the court, including wearing a monitor and not contacting the victim.

"My big thing in a situation like this is to make sure we have sufficient conditions to assure ourselves that she is going to be back in court and to make sure that we have sufficient tabs on her to protect the public," Baldwin County District Attorney Hallie Dixon said.

http://blog.al.com/live/2014/02/woman_accused_of_sexual_encoun.html

Where is she? :dunno:

Hi! Im kinda new here. I say kinda as I have lurked here for many years and read of many cases as they unfold and you guys are extremely awesome at digging as much as I am! I love love to research and figure things out, - or try to! So, within that please forgive me if I post something I shouldn't or what have you as I am still trying to figure out the do's and don't's here.

I have been reading lots and lots on Brittney's case from about a couple months or so after she went missing. But have come back here and there to check updates. I have also read just about all the threads here and the ones to do with the court stuff. As for my thoughts and questions, bare with me.

In my opinion of everything, I think CW is innocent, but not in the way of not knowing stuff was going on. I do think she knew of the abuse at the hands of her family but somehow don't think she had a hand to play in any of the abuse herself, especially if she helped her daughter get enough help after she was abused by the grandfather. I just don't know if I can buy that she was involved in the abuse herself.

I also had a wonder if anyone thinks it's possible that Brittney may have shot DH - being it was her gun, and then fled? Took off where the last ping was and since she's gone through so many numbers and such, and didn't want anyone to find her, turned the phone off to make it look like he killed himself and her? I know that CW had LE and such give statements she wasn't in trouble, but being she killed someone she may fear that? Was just a thought I had.

I don't know for sure I believe she is alive, but nor do I feel she is dead either. It's a weird on the fence feeling I feel from the whole case. It's all so sad, sick and shocking that I can't imagine what she feels or felt or the kids in that family endured and still are. I just hope some more peace comes out of all of verdicts, trials and such. I do also think DK got off way too easily and deserves more time than he got! When do we hear of CW's?

Hi! Im kinda new here. I say kinda as I have lurked here for many years and read of many cases as they unfold and you guys are extremely awesome at digging as much as I am! I love love to research and figure things out, - or try to! So, within that please forgive me if I post something I shouldn't or what have you as I am still trying to figure out the do's and don't's here.

I have been reading lots and lots on Brittney's case from about a couple months or so after she went missing. But have come back here and there to check updates. I have also read just about all the threads here and the ones to do with the court stuff. As for my thoughts and questions, bare with me.

In my opinion of everything, I think CW is innocent, but not in the way of not knowing stuff was going on. I do think she knew of the abuse at the hands of her family but somehow don't think she had a hand to play in any of the abuse herself, especially if she helped her daughter get enough help after she was abused by the grandfather. I just don't know if I can buy that she was involved in the abuse herself.

I also had a wonder if anyone thinks it's possible that Brittney may have shot DH - being it was her gun, and then fled? Took off where the last ping was and since she's gone through so many numbers and such, and didn't want anyone to find her, turned the phone off to make it look like he killed himself and her? I know that CW had LE and such give statements she wasn't in trouble, but being she killed someone she may fear that? Was just a thought I had.

I don't know for sure I believe she is alive, but nor do I feel she is dead either. It's a weird on the fence feeling I feel from the whole case. It's all so sad, sick and shocking that I can't imagine what she feels or felt or the kids in that family endured and still are. I just hope some more peace comes out of all of verdicts, trials and such. I do also think DK got off way too easily and deserves more time than he got! When do we hear of CW's?
Welcome, Imagxinary. Thanks for the provocative and thoughtful post. I'm always glad to hear members have not forgotten Brittney. I continue to hope and pray that one day soon Brittney's fate will come to light.

If you haven't done so yet, please read the Rules forum, and address any questions to me in a private message.

Bessie
WS Administrator

Thanks imagxinary for the post. See mine a few pages back for my take on the likelihood of that theory. It was long and wordy, so to net it: humbly...I think it highly unlikely. I speculate BW was murdered before DH's death. Perhaps the only solace to take is that she didn't die in vain. Her disappearance set off the chain of events that broke the ring, brought justice forward and saved her generation and the next from further abuse. I only wish her life had contained better opportunities to suit her brave character.

Thinking of Brittney and her loved ones today. :grouphug: Praying one day for closure. :praying:

Still thinking of Brittney and her daughter, stepmom, & dad....

Still hopeful for answers.....

Had Brittney on my mind tonight. Hoping one day her true loved ones gets answers. I don't know how so many can keep what happened a secret, but then again, they all kept their evil secrets in their circle of like evilness. It's possible no one else knows but the deceased uncle, but I'm not sure I believe that. I just hope one day they get answers.

This is one case I had nightmares about. I can't imagine all the dear children had to actually live through. Praying they have been getting professional help to teach them to cope and overcome all the vile things they endured. I wish them much success and happiness in life. Thankful Brittney's little girl was removed from this situation, and never has to endure such wickedness. May she only know love.

I put Nov 12 on the Websleuths community calendar along with:
Dustin Kent Oct 22, 2015 Baldwin County
Dustin Kent Nov 5, 2015 Mobile County
Chessie Wood March 28, 2016 Mobile County
Randall Scott Wood Nov 5, 2015 Mobile County
William Brownlee Jan 11, 2016 Mobile County (WKRG says 1/7/2016)
James Cumbaa Aug 15, 2016 Mobile County (WKRG says 8/27)
Butch Morgan Mar 28, 2016 Mobile County
Jennifer Moore Aug 26, 2016 Baldwin County

Used the dates from this article: http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index...tale_of_perversion_sti.html#incart_river_home

BBM - James Cumbaa Aug 15, 2016 Mobile County

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back