AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will call and notify both LE agencies. Thanks for the help.

I appreciate the thanks from so many of you. I have never been in a situation like this and am truly doing my best to gather accurate information and determine what can be helpful in sharing here and thus help find Brittney.

I was told that because I am verified, I do not need to supply sources. I have tried to be clear when I'm not sure about something and/or when it's someone's speculation. If I have stated something as though it's a fact, then I have been told that it is a fact. I even double check things that are hard to believe and/or possibly significant. This is a live situation and sometimes things change--stories change, different LE agencies say different things, etc. I'm honestly doing the best I can and nothing I have said is to hurt BW.

Do they have a Crime Tips number where people can call in with anonymous info?

Honestly - NO ONE knows what really happened so that is what we are trying to figure out by bouncing ideas around and seeing what puzzle pieces fit and which ones can be laid to the side.

IMO... ANYTHING is possible is this crazy messed up scenario especially with what we DO know... young girl who always keeps in touch with her mom vanishes on foot without a trace, spouses changing stories, a suicide, child molesters, tip of the iceberg per LE, it goes on and on...

Heck if Elvis showed up at the next vigil I would not be surprised.

I agree.

I don't know. That's why I wanted to run it by you all--I thought it was important, but I wasn't sure.

Yes, Zeax, it's important. They need to know. Please call the investigator in charge, right now if you're able, and just leave him a message if you have to. I wouldn't call a tip line, I'd call him directly & ask to be put through to his vm if he's not there. Actually, if it were me, I'd go there in person & speak to him myself. I'm being flat out serious. They will keep it anonymous if that's what you're worried about. They'll take your name for investigative purposes but assign an acronym to your title instead of your full name. Please do this. You can do it. It's the right thing to do and you are helping. Please Zeaux.

What info?

I'm sorry, but I had to delete some posts in order to comply with rules and also to protect the investigation. I sought advice from members here and was advised to notify LE in case they're not aware of what I've been told. I know it's frustrating to not know, and as soon as I know it's safe to repeat it, I will. I'm very sorry.

Honestly, even if BW was the last person to have possession of the gun that means nothing. This family is large and seemingly very involved in each other's lives. She may have given it to one of them, someone may have borrowed it from her, someone may have stolen it from her.

There has never been any sort of confirmation that BW made it to the Styx house, or that she ever was in Fairhope the day of DH's death. I don't think anyone is speculating that BW killed DH.

I don't think Brittney killed Donnie either. But to place her there and say she supplied the gun that he used to killed himself is questionable and suggestive.

I need some facts. :twocents:

I just asked my hubby, Lifetime NRA, if he owned a 25. No. I asked if he would use a 25 to commit suicide.

He said, "well when I drove the ambulance years ago (EMT) we had several calls where women used a 25 to commit suicide."

The male suicides he went out on ALL used shotguns or rifles (he can't remember which) or larger caliber handguns.

I asked if "any" man used a 25 and he said, "NO, those are "pu**y guns"! NO man owns a 25!" (Excuse the language. I need go get him a jar like Jerseys.)

:floorlaugh:

I've wondered but haven't wanted to ask because I don't know that we'd even be able to find out... where exactly was the entrance wound? Temple? Roof of mouth? Back of mouth?

When I was in college a 19 kid who lived near me tried to commit suicide by putting the gun to the roof of his mouth... he lived but gave himself a lobotomy. :(

I saw what you said, and WOW just WOW. I see where you are going with this. I am going to say an extra prayer tonight for Brit, CW, and WH.

CARP! What did I miss???? was that more than 30 minutes ago?

Sorry to interrupt all this gun talk :) of which I know nothing.

But one thing I did notice, on scrolling through posts, was that WWH stated that her and the boys stayed with DH on the Thursday. I was wondering did she leave the daughter at home ...
Then on the news link http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/08/t-ar-3942690/
her twin says that "His wife and 3 kids was staying with him in Wilcoxs" (assuming Wilcoxs is the river house). So they can't even get that straight.

I thought he was not supposed to be living in the same house as them anyway.

Exactly...

(Lil drummer boy) Do you see what I see...

So the theory is that BW gave the gun to DH that he used to kill himself and what? Now she's on the run for fear that the gun would be connected to her and she's afraid of being charged with murder herself? And thus the reasons for her families re-assurances that she's not in any trouble, just come home?

So the theory is that BW gave the gun to DH that he used to kill himself and what? Now she's on the run for fear that the gun would be connected to her and she's afraid of being charged with murder herself? And thus the reasons for her families re-assurances that she's not in any trouble, just come home?
That maybe the polices theory but not necessarily posters here at WS.

I will call and notify both LE agencies. Thanks for the help.

I appreciate the thanks from so many of you. I have never been in a situation like this and am truly doing my best to gather accurate information and determine what can be helpful in sharing here and thus help find Brittney.

I was told that because I am verified, I do not need to supply sources. I have tried to be clear when I'm not sure about something and/or when it's someone's speculation. If I have stated something as though it's a fact, then I have been told that it is a fact. I even double check things that are hard to believe and/or possibly significant. This is a live situation and sometimes things change--stories change, different LE agencies say different things, etc. I'm honestly doing the best I can and nothing I have said is to hurt BW.

YOU are amazing and are doing a beautiful job especially for a "rookie"... hang in there and you know we are ready to tackle anything you need to throw at us. We got your back! :)

Just to be clear, I am certainly not bad-mouthing BW. Any information I have given is to try to uncover any information to help find her. When I spoke to one of the website administrators to become verified, I was told I could give background information on Brittney because it helps to understand her better, and then maybe lead to further information.

I've been reading every single post on this thread and the last one, and no one is bad-mouthing BW.

Everyone cares about BW. I do because I have a best friend (who is no longer a best friend) that meth got ahold of. Once meth gets someone it changes them forever. I have a niece now that meth has gotten and I watch her deteriate. She uses and sells it. I fear that one day her luck will run out and she will be dead.

I don't see you bad-mouthing BW. I see you being honest about her. I wish more people would be that way about their missing. Most lie because they worry more about what others will think than actually their loved one.

You have to tell the police or policeman that you trust what you know about certain things. It may help them find BW.

I am very worried that BW snitched on the wrong person. I also have a feeling it may have to do with the uncles or at least the one that killed himself.

We do not know how DH ended up with the gun that he did not own.

We do not know how DH ended up with the gun that he did not own.

And it is purely SPECULATION that he did not own the gun (nor did anyone in his immediate family) that he committed suicide with (if it was in fact suicide).

And it is purely SPECULATION that he did not own the gun (nor did anyone in his immediate family) that he committed suicide with (if it was in fact suicide).

Close... we were given verified information the gun was "acquired" by someone else. ;)

Anything we might want to know about for figuring out where people where when they said they were?

Nope, just general prayer stuff. I'm frankly surprised she even knows the family and *I* keep my FB list small. I'll ask tomorrow if she knows anything relevant.

Well goodnight folks. I have to work tomorrow, I am meeting a client at 8 am on the coast, so I really need to get some rest. This has been an eye opening night for sure. I want to again sincerly thank Zeaux.

Zeaux, IMO Brittany is lucky to have you on her side. Please let us know what response you get from LE when you call them with your information. I certainly hope that whomever you talk to takes you seriously and follows up.

:seeya:

Please know that when we talk to people who have inside information, they are instructed not to divulge information on the forum that would hurt the investigation. And we also ask that they tell LE first and make sure the inside information won't harm the investigation in any way. It appears that you guys have been helping brainstorm some ideas that could help find Brittney. :tyou: At the same time, please let the verified poster handle the information in the best way she deems fit. She seems to be extremely level headed and Brittney is blessed to have her on her side.

Brittney didn't live an easy life. Sometimes it's necessary to discuss the more seedy things she was involved in so there might be a way to find her. It doesn't mean anyone here is judging her - quite the contrary. Everyone in this group seems to be heartbroken that she suffered with her lifestyle and we are all hoping she will be found alive so she can have a second chance at life and learn how to change into a more productive lifestyle for herself and her child.

:grouphug:

Thank you to all of you who are so caring and understanding. Love and prayers to Zeaux who is trying so hard to help. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SueDoeNim