AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Handgun registration is not required in AL. But you do need a permit to carry concealed or in your car.

Right. I was only asking because I thought there would be a record of it and I wouldn't have to say it because I'm not sure if I should. But, if it's true that they don't have to be registered, then LE may not even know where DH got it. I don't want to discuss what laws there should or shouldn't be, just what they are so we can determine if LE would even be aware of where he got the gun. Is that clear as mud?

Whether it was a suicide or homicide, LE should certainly be finding out where the gun came from. Especially with all the new info we've gotten on the uncles, with inconsistencies from the wife, from just this whole situation. I would hope that the rightful owner of the gun was ascertained.

Right. I was only asking because I thought there would be a record of it and I wouldn't have to say it because I'm not sure if I should. But, if it's true that they don't have to be registered, then LE may not even know where DH got it. I don't want to discuss what laws there should or shouldn't be, just what they are so we can determine if LE would even be aware of where he got the gun. Is that clear as mud?

Zeaux, considering it was acquired through a drug deal tells me there's maybe a 50% chance it was ever registered before being stolen, traded, given away to every Tom Dick & Harry, but even sadder is that once it gets into drug hands there's a huge chance the serial numbers were either scratched out or soldered over so it can't be traced back to somebody.

I guess I could, but I have no way to prove it.

It was most likely registered at one time and went missing. Whoever "acquired" it next could have "distributed" it again... chances are it has changed hands several times... unless it was recently obtained. I would expect LE held onto after they ran the serial number.

Which also tells me this "suicide" should NOT have been closed so quickly.

Question for you Zeaux. And I am going to try to be vague here to not violate TOS so feel free to do the same... If the handgun was aquired by said person in a drug deal, then was said person dealing drugs??? If not then I do not understand how said person would recieve in a deal transaction....

Question for your Zeaux. And I am going to try to be vague here to not violate TOS so feel free to do the same... If the handgun was aquired by said person in a drug deal, then was said person dealing drugs??? If not then I do not understand how said person would recieve in a deal transaction....

I'll be vague as well. You understand completely.

Say I bought the gun that was used by DH. Let's just say I lived in TX, I bought the gun at Cabelas, then sold it at a garage sale for $10. Fred buys the gun at the garage sale, has it for a while then trades it to a buddy for a case of beer. Buddy loses gun.

Finder of gun is a drug addict and trades the gun for some score.

At some point someone in this case gets gun and

a. uses it to kill DH and make it look like a suicide

b. threatens DH with it, he grabs it shoots BW, then commits suicide

Unless the original owner of the gun is connected somehow to this family and this case.

That is if you are buying them legally or from a law abiding store.

It is not illegal to buy a gun at a garage sale.

There are only a handful of states that require registration of firearms.

A background check is only required when purchasing a firearm from a licensed dealer.

As far as I know the Brady Bill has nothing to do with registration, it has to do with getting a background check before purchasing a gun from an FFL.

The Brady Act requires that background checks be conducted on individuals before a firearm may be purchased from a federally licensed dealer, manufacturer or importer—unless an exception applies

more at link

Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you so much for this. I'm learning a lot on this thread with regards to guns & laws & such. You'd think I'd educate myself on this stuff with so many people in my family & circle of friends with guns, but I'm afraid of them so never wanted to know. Now I'm uber curious. Thank you all so much!

random pics of .25 caliber handguns - just to show how tiny they are. (I know nothing about guns except for small, medium, large.) I hope this helps!

kTEftRdesRynZ5p2x0q_VI7Py81Li5IVa6M4_pGTNXwg0p5gwhyN4VhWOccA6P_8ktiKYVauc-8F3NkcqfedBHPEg6gu3gDIWBpQ0yc3zrLCTdOC5DNViCKGWxKNc7y5Tct9bpUBxhxyzclOVB0Dfp6K9yz57xcJnbSgJBMgdKRL

Beretta 21 Bobcat 25 ACP Pistol
4.9 inches (125 mm) overall and weighs only 11.5 ounces

RsKDpdOLTgyb-BdvVc1iVeAa4XwDhJ1lPpyFUrVaQjBuueZMfBuvoXw2-CXoJ9IW00TZjwyhxIU1ZpN5iYkcXexaPupCMe_FxXnDMebOEHVMPKOi7rgWAcHWietjHPyXFC9IbyLs-tCEzpBJG8KTh3L9DjXmQgueCDUSfgPLazrUwrb3

Barrel Length 2-3/4"
Weight 10.8 oz.

18343.jpg

Barrel Length 2.75"
Weight 12.3 oz

I'll be vague as well. You understand completely.
Well then that makes me even sadder about this whole case. :(
It also opens up more possibilities as to Brittanys disappearance. I certainly don't blame her mother for wanting to believe she is alive. Knowing what I know now, I would be keeping that same belief, if I were in her shoes. It also may explain comments by the brother..

It certainly sheds light on statements from the family. I hadn't paid much attention to that until now and yes... certainly more cause for concern. Although - it also opens the door a little more to the hope she IS hiding.

After seeing the above pics of guns I'm imagining DH shooting himself with a pink gun.

Donnie was a outdoor sportsman guy living by the river. Surely he had his own hunting gear. Why would he use a girly pistol he knew might not do the job?

I'm not so sure about this. Somehow I think the twins are trying to divert the blame back on Brittney. Not gonna believe this just yet. No, I don't think Brittney is involved with the gun Donnie used to kill himself. moo

I think someone is trying to pin a bunch of stuff on Brittney and that's why she's scared. She's no angel, but she is the victim here and we don't bad mouth the victim.

How do you figure? I think the opposite.

Well if someone was tweaking and hypothetically a robbery occurred or something else and someone got shot then well... they run, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141