AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, does anyone on here know anything about geocaching???

I was wondering when that was going to come up... not a lot but now it skeevez me out.

Basically people hide little trinkets and you hunt them like treasure either with GPS, compass, maps, clues or a combination.

I realized after I said it that I was, indeed, as clear as mud. Sorry. I'm tired! I did go back and edit.

What I meant was, is it possible, to find out about the gun, who it's registered to, etc.? Where are those records kept? Are they public? Is it in some police report on the suicide? Then I asked if it was important, and I mean, do you all think that would be important? I do, but I only watch crime shows on TV and have never been involved in anything like this.

Sorry I was referring to my poor explanation as being clear as mud.

I doubt Alabama requires you to register firearms, so I'm guessing there isn't much point in trying to track down who purchased the gun, unless it was bought in the very recent past. Like if Wendy or Mendy bought a .25 on May 30, then I'd think that'd be quite relevant and newsworthy. But if John Smith bought that particular gun 23 years ago, probably not relevant, because it's probably been bought and sold 10 times since then.

Is there any way to sleuth the gun? Based on your experience (and I mean everyone), does the source of the gun matter?

ETA: I'm just prodding you all. I think it should matter where he got the gun he used to shoot himself. But I haven't heard any reference to it anywhere on FB or MSM.

The source of the gun matters if the registration numbers on the gun used to kill his own person doesn't match up with his own license & registration to carry said weapon.

I doubt Alabama requires you to register firearms, so I'm guessing there isn't much point in trying to track down who purchased the gun, unless it was bought in the very recent past. Like if Wendy or Mendy bought a .25 on May 30, then I'd think that'd be quite relevant and newsworthy. But if John Smith bought that particular gun 23 years ago, probably not relevant, because it's probably been bought and sold 10 times since then.

OMG! I cannot believe there's no registration requirement for guns! I thought that was pretty standard across the states. I obviously don't know much about guns.

Sorry I was referring to my poor explanation as being clear as mud.

All firearms should be registered, no? Isn't that one of the stipulations with the NRA & our capital, that in order to have that right to carry or own , you have to register the gun purchased, after a background check is run on you. No?

OMG! I cannot believe there's no registration requirement for guns! I thought that was pretty standard across the states. I obviously don't know much about guns.

I could be wrong and I really should Google this before I answer but wasn't the Brady bill about requiring all handguns to be registered? Rifles & shotguns are different cause their for hunting.

Sorry... I live in the south and have always had guns in my family so I've never had to look into for myself. I should know this.

That's probably not a road we want to head down. It can create some pretty heated discussions. ;) There aren't many states that require you to register firearms. The only ones I can think of are NY, NJ, CA, and MA, might be a couple more that aren't gun friendly.

I could be wrong and I really should Google this before I answer but wasn't the Brady bill about requiring all handguns to be registered? Rifles & shotguns are different cause their for hunting.

Sorry... I've always just had guns in my family so I've never had to look into myself. I should know this.

Yes & no you're not wrong.

That's probably not a road we want to head down. It can create some pretty heated discussions. ;) There aren't many states that require you to register firearms. The only ones I can think of are NY, NJ, CA, and MA, might be a couple more that aren't gun friendly.

NJ def requires each & every gun be registered. I know. I bought my ex his off duty weapon for grad from the police academy.

Zeaux and everyone,

Zeaux, you are being brave. It takes a lot of courage to do what you are doing. I feel for you, it is tough no matter what your affiliation to the case.

Do you know or can you find out if BW was in any trouble or brought in by the local police or county for questioning prior to DH killing himself? Since she has serious drug issues, police sometimes use people like BW as informants.

If it was true that she was in a car with other meth addicts and they got arrested and she didn't, she snitched something on someone. That something may have started the investigation into her uncles. They may not have been just raping children but also cooking and dealing meth. If she snitched the uncles may have killed her (when it comes to meth... "Snitches end up in ditches" is true) or she may have taken off because they let her know they knew she snitched. If she’s smart she ran.

If DH was cooking and dealing drugs the wife would have been in it with him. There is no way someone is going to be living with someone and not know that they are cooking and dealing. Meth cooking stinks reconstituted canned *advertiser censored**! So BW would have every reason to be terrified and on the run.

She could have snitched/informed on someone else and that may be the issue. This may be why some people are saying the events are not connected. Meth heads will sell their own mommas out.

The source of the gun matters if the registration numbers on the gun used to kill his own person doesn't match up with his own license & registration to carry said weapon.

I assume the gun/rifle/shotgun was dusted for prints? Or was a suicide attempt determined at the scene when LE and EMS arrived? I do hope an investigation progressed beyond the first responders.
Ya know?

Right. I was only asking because I thought there would be a record of it and I wouldn't have to say it because I'm not sure if I should. But, if it's true that they don't have to be registered, then LE may not even know where DH got it. I don't want to discuss what laws there should or shouldn't be, just what they are so we can determine if LE would even be aware of where he got the gun. Is that clear as mud?

Zeaux and everyone,

Zeaux, you are being brave. It takes a lot of courage to do what you are doing. I feel for you, it is tough no matter what your affiliation to the case.

Do you know or can you find out if BW was in any trouble or brought in by the local police or county for questioning prior to DH killing himself? Since she has serious drug issues, police sometimes use people like BW as informants.

If it was true that she was in a car with other meth addicts and they got arrested and she didn't, she snitched something on someone. That something may have started the investigation into her uncles. They may not have been just raping children but also cooking and dealing meth. If she snitched the uncles may have killed her (when it comes to meth... "Snitches end up in ditches" is true) or she may have taken off because they let her know they knew she snitched. If she’s smart she ran.

If DH was cooking and dealing drugs the wife would have been in it with him. There is no way someone is going to be living with someone and not know that they are cooking and dealing. Meth cooking stinks reconstituted canned *advertiser censored**! So BW would have every reason to be terrified and on the run.

She could have snitched/informed on someone else and that may be the issue. This may be why some people are saying the events are not connected. Meth heads will sell their own mommas out.

I have no reason to believe anyone in this scenario was cooking meth.

Geocaching is a GPS treasure hunt of sorts. You can download the app on your phone and play anywhere. Items (treasures) can be hidden anywhere, you are given clues and encouraged to share experiences on the website.

As far as I know the Brady Bill has nothing to do with registration, it has to do with getting a background check before purchasing a gun from an FFL.

The Brady Act requires that background checks be conducted on individuals before a firearm may be purchased from a federally licensed dealer, manufacturer or importer—unless an exception applies

more at link

Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was wondering when that was going to come up... not alot but now it skeevez me out.

Basically people hide little trinkets and you hunt them like treasure either with GPS, compass, maps, clues or a combination.

Yep, it made me think when I saw that too. SW was into it according to his FB. I thought, hmm.. this guy has visited a lot of different places off the beaten path... knows the terrain well...

I've hunted a few geocaches with my son a while back, it was actually kind of fun being on a treasure hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member