AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!
I do not think its tru ppl are not concerning themselves with this case because of the allegations of these men in the family. If anything i think
any kind of molestation or sex offense against a child would outrage them TO
help out.

I believe there is something else thats holding ppl back and it could be DRUGS! PPl dont want to help ppl that abuse or sell drugs...
I also read a few pages where ppl wwere trying to raise money to get her brother out of jail and they said he would just go back to using drugs..

To me DRUGS are the real issue. and they are hindering this case!

Another thing is could RSW be an informant?
If he is this is The reason he was held in JAIL.
he just seemed like the last person you would expect..

These guys get more of a high from molesting children than they do from booze or drugs. The dirty alcoholic druggie as a child abuser is probably the minority. Statistics show that child molesters molest 70 times before being caught on average.

The normal family type of guy is not an exception, molesters are found in all walks of life and the very fact they are looked up to and respected makes it harder for victims to come forward - at the least feel like its more likely no one will believe them. Friends and family believe their denials and even strangers like here feel "how could it be, there is nothing hinky about his background'

If only there was something hinky about child molesters that would warn people. Unfortunately those ones are much more easily caught but most don't have any weirdness about them except in their dark fantasies and actions which by necessity no one knows of.

It is very frustrating that people prefer not to believe a victim because the perp is so "nice".

imo

ETA and the more educated, together and "stable" the perps are the less they need to use violence in satisfying their needs. They come across as the one every parent believes they can trust with their child and this way they get the more victims.

No one even talks about what might have happend to this young woman!
Only us here on these forums!

And i cant for the life of me figure out why!

I realized this morning that it seems to be a media issue and not a BW issue. While I was digging around for information, I stumbled onto a few other missing persons cases that received no media coverage prior to bodies being found. Neither case appeared to be homicide related, but still. Then, there was a badly decomposed body found in West Birmingham on Tuesday 6/26 and it received very cursory coverage. People were complaining in the comments that they were sure that no follow up articles would be written. It seems to be a common complaint among locals. Again, I hate making assumptions about a community based solely on information gleaned from the internet.

I dont think she is hiding or being protected.
She is gone! I do not see a happy ending here!

I think Uncle Donnies suicide has everything to do with her being missing.
I do not think it has anything at all to do with RSW and DK i think DH RSW and DK were in that mess themselves....

I blieve her phone pinged at great bay but i do not think Brittney was with her phone...

I sure hope they looked to see if someone elses phone pinged there that night.

I'm catching up on posts but if nothing new has developed then this is exactly what I think too.

Now about the locals not getting more involved. The reports during the time of the organized searches were that there was overhelming support from the community. Someone from KlassKids said it was a great show of support. The first search had over 100 volunteers. I think the thing that slowed the momentum down was the fact that LE has seemed so calm about it all. No sense of urgency has been communicated. And, the reports of her phone being turned on six days after she was reported missing seemed to derail the community involvement. LE has publically stated that she is an adult and can come and go as she pleases. We have alot of transits in our community, in part due to our close proximity to beautiful beaches; this area is a magnet for run-aways of all ages and those who just want to disappear. Lots of factors going on but it's not that people wouldn't want to get involved if someone, ESPECIALLY LE, led the charge. And, frankly, there is SO MUCH bad news coming out of Mobile... so many murders, violent crimes, meth lab busts, etc., people are desensitized to the humanity behind the faces. But I still think if LE would ask for help there would be tons of it. They aren't asking for help.

Thanks. It has been very hard to follow the details of this case but I have found the timelines and list of persons involved to be most helpful.

The lack of media coverage one month after her disappearance is not what is, necessarily, bothering me. It is the lack of coverage, period, from day one that is a little unsettling. A handful of written articles and a about a half-dozen to a dozen tv news reports? Very few fundraisers and, exactly, one area search with several door-to-door searches. I'm not blaming anyone but do find it a little odd. I have to agree with a previous poster. I believe that the lack of coverage is due to the alleged past dealings with drugs, not only in BW's case but also in those within her family. I believe that could be the greatest travesty of all, concerning this case, once the dust settles.
Yes, I certainly feel that some of the family member's backgrounds/ current charges are making private donors reserved about contributing money. It seems it would be helpful if the family had an organization, (or maybe even a church?... if an organization was unavailable) manage the fund and then announce this to the public. This might currently be the situation and if it is and the information is allowed to be disclosed then I hope they decide to share this with everyone.

I noticed some people stating that BW was not on the Alamaba website for missing persons. After emailing to notified them of her, a response was made stating for someone to be placed on the State of Alabama’s Missing Website, a request from the local investigating agency must be made. They told me a request has not been made, which seems weird to me. Even if BW is an adult and free to do as she pleases, she is still missing IMO

I realized this morning that it seems to be a media issue and not a BW issue. While I was digging around for information, I stumbled onto a few other missing persons cases that received no media coverage prior to bodies being found. Neither case appeared to be homicide related, but still. Then, there was a badly decomposed body found in West Birmingham on Tuesday 6/26 and it received very cursory coverage. People were complaining in the comments that they were sure that no follow up articles would be written. It seems to be a common complaint among locals. Again, I hate making assumptions about a community based solely on information gleaned from the internet.
Uh what?!?! Thanks for sharing because I certainly did NOT hear anything about this on the news either!

Hi there!
Im not talking aboutMedia Im talking about Social media!
(Facebook) If you go to the hometown search FB page the only ppl posting there are her MOM and some other ppl that Mom knows.

There are no posts really from the hundred or so friends of hers on her own FB page...No posts from ppl ...What about Fund raisers??? Selling T shirts?
Bracelets? cAR washes? Bake sales? I dont understand i really do not!

The mainstream media has nothing either!
I do not think the family has told all they know!

All JMO

The reason that missing adults are treated differently has to do with the issue of a person being an adult. In the United States and Europe, when a person is an adult, they are considered to be able to take care of themselves. Therefore, when an adult is missing, there might be a chance that they have simply gone somewhere and not told anyone. Each adult has a right to go wherever they want, whenever they want. Because of this right, an adult cannot be declared missing until it is proven that they are.

Im not so sure LE believes she is missing!
And i think that was because the family did not tell them that she had called they kind of hid that little factoid!
LE has said the family was not very forthcomming!

Im wondering if she had disappeared before?

IIRC, Zeaux stated that Brittney has left before but only for a day or two, and even then was in contact with her mother.

"She has taken off before, but remained in contact with family and friends. She's never been gone more than a few days, and even then made contact. This is entirely different. No one has heard from her. Her brother has been incarcerated & was just released. If she was able to, she would be in touch with him."

#753 from 1st thread

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012

The National Child Search Assistance Act
The National Child Search Assistance Act of 1990 elevated child protection to a higher standard by requiring all federal, state and local law enforcement agencies to report cases of missing children younger than age 18 to the National Crime Information Center. A later amendment to the law prohibited agencies from establishing a waiting period before accepting a missing child report and extended the age limit under the Child Search Assistance Act to age 21.

http://www.nccrimecontrol.org/index2.cfm?a=000003,000014,000081,001638

The National Child Search Assistance Act (NCSA)
A U.S. federal legislation enacted in 1990. This Act requires each federal, state, local law enforcement agency to report each case of a missing child below the age of 21 to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC.) Further, the NCSA states that no agency should maintain any policy establishing a waiting period before accepting a missing child report. The provisions relating to the Act are found under 42 USCS §§ 5779 and 5780.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/n/national-child-search-assistance-act/

United States Government Accountability Office
Federal law requires that within 2 hours of receiving a report that an individual under the age of 21 (a child) is missing, federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies (LEAs) are to enter the report into the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) National Crime Information Center (NCIC).2

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11444.pdf

BRITTNEY WOOD IS STILL NOT ENTERED INTO THE FBI MISSING PERSON DATABASE OR IN THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING & EXPLOITED CHILDREN:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=1652

As always, thanks for your input here!

1. BBM - Thank goodness BW's family have no experience with a missing child prior to BW's disappearance BUT the family has direct access to Klaas Kids who has vast experience. IMHO, the family should be picking Klaas' brain for suggestions of what they can/should be doing.

The only conclusion I can draw at this point for the "radio silence" is that Klaas has advised the family to lay low for a while.?.?.

2. BBM - Regarding posting on BW's FB page: Respectfully, the last thing I would want to do is gunk up the BW FB page with the ruminations that we do here. That page should be focused on getting info out to the public (eg search updates, links to news, pics & positive info on BW, any and all efforts they are making like the balloon launch that they did post, something new should be posted everyday, etc)

I don't mean to sound harsh and critical - my input here is coming from a good place of wanting this young woman found and of great concern for her well-being and for the future of her small child.

I'm sorry, but I do take your comments as nit-picking. I'm trying to explain their mental state. If you have never been in their precise situation (and I hope to God you nor anyone else has), then I don't know that you can fully comprehend what they're going through. I realize you are concerned for BW, as is everyone here, and her daughter, too. But picking apart my words is not really beneficial to anyone.

Since I made that post, the "Likes" to that page increased by 50%. I think my point was well-taken by the majority here.

I want to hit on a couple of things that have been bouncing around...

Custody of PH
It is true that custody was legally granted to AH not long ago, but it's not as though PH was pulled from BW's arms. And BW still saw PH regularly and was in close contact with AH. This arrangement worked for BW. It was not a "last straw" situation.

BW's Cell Phone
It was initially reported by LE to the family that the phone last pinged at Styx River. However, after a week or so, LE corrected that information and advised the family that her phone pinged last at Grand Bay. That is the last time her phone pinged. The statements made about her phone being turned on six days later were erroneous. When the phone was called, it didn't go directly to voicemail, so the family thought it had been turned on. The phone carrier explained to them that it had to do with the phone service and confirmed it had not been turned on.

DH's Gun
He used a 25, shot himself in the mouth. As hard as this is going to be to believe, I have been told DH did not own a gun.

Thanks!

The statements made about her phone being turned on six days later were erroneous.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for clearing that up. That has been nagging at me like crazy. It just didn't make any sense at all, it didn't fit at all. Thank you!

Custody of PH
It is true that custody was legally granted to AH not long ago, but it's not as though PH was pulled from BW's arms. And BW still saw PH regularly and was in close contact with AH. This arrangement worked for BW. It was not a "last straw" situation.

BW's Cell Phone
It was initially reported by LE to the family that the phone last pinged at Styx River. However, after a week or so, LE corrected that information and advised the family that her phone pinged last at Grand Bay. That is the last time her phone pinged. The statements made about her phone being turned on six days later were erroneous. When the phone was called, it didn't go directly to voicemail, so the family thought it had been turned on. The phone carrier explained to them that it had to do with the phone service and confirmed it had not been turned on.

DH's Gun
He used a 25, shot himself in the mouth. As hard as this is going to be to believe, I have been told DH did not own a gun.

Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying the cell phone information. This happened in another case that I have been following. I think that it was the Kelli Bordeaux case. The phone began ringing again and people thought that it was turned on, but it was some sort of glitch in the cell phone network.

Do you know if the investigation into DH's suicide has been officially closed? I believe that you had previously stated that law enforcement did perform forensics at the time. I just wondered if it was a closed investigation or was still pending.

I'm sorry, but I do take your comments as nit-picking. I'm trying to explain their mental state. If you have never been in their precise situation (and I hope to God you nor anyone else has), then I don't know that you can fully comprehend what they're going through. I realize you are concerned for BW, as is everyone here, and her daughter, too. But picking apart my words is not really beneficial to anyone.

Since I made that post, the "Likes" to that page increased by 50%. I think my point was well-taken by the majority here.

I’m sorry if my post offended you – that was not my intent.

I continue to pray for a safe return of BW and peace for her family.

They are lucky to have you out championing on their behalf!

Zeaux - Has law enforcement explained in any detail to the family why they believe that BW is missing by her own choice?

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that her cell phone hasn't been used in all this time and that no one (friends or family) have heard from her and law enforcement doesn't think that she's missing. If no one has talked to her and law enforcement can't reach her, or track her movements, then how do they know that she's not missing. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Custody of PH

BW's Cell Phone

DH's Gun

Thanks!

Zeaux, you cleared up several things, but especially knowing he did shoot himself in the mouth makes it clearly a suicide IMO

DH didn't own a gun? What did he hunt with?

Custody of PH

BW's Cell Phone

DH's Gun

Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying the cell phone information. This happened in another case that I have been following. I think that it was the Kelli Bordeaux case. The phone began ringing again and people thought that it was turned on, but it was some sort of glitch in the cell phone network.

Do you know if the investigation into DH's suicide has been officially closed? I believe that you had previously stated that law enforcement did perform forensics at the time. I just wondered if it was a closed investigation or was still pending.

The family has been told that case is closed. It has been ruled a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

I’m sorry if my post offended you – that was not my intent.

I continue to pray for a safe return of BW and peace for her family.

They are lucky to have you out championing on their behalf!

Thank you, Quester. I am letting it get to me, I think. If you could talk to these people you'd realize that they really are confused and feel like fish out of water. It's been a month. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub