AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but he wasn't living with Wendy. He was banned from living with her and the children because of the sexual abuse investigation and was somehow living alone at the yellow house down by Styx river. This is where Brittney's phone last pinged. The first searches were also based there. Someone posted there was a registered sex offender living in the same area. Not good.

The morning he shot himself, Wendy picked him up at the river house and gave him a ride to her house near Fairhope. It's near there that he shot himself.

Please correct if I have the details wrong. It's all so confusing. :waitasec:

You are correct he wasn't living there but that was recent. I have no idea why he didn't have guns I was just giving a possible set of reasons. Also to clear any confusion...BWs last ping was in Grand Bay. They originally thought the last ping was Styx River area but that ended up being incorrect and the last ping they have is in Grand Bay at 140am on 05/31.

Tlzzdavis,

Omg thanks for pointing this out. I had been studying all day when I wrote that so my mind was fried!

I'll edit the typos to be correct: WWH

Wow Zeaux thanks for your input! A few days ago I remember reading that BW had (or may have had) a pre-paid phone. If this is the case, then it would be easy for her to simply stop using the phone that was pinged and purchase a new pre-paid phone. THis is of course, if it is true that she just doesn't want to be found ( which I hope is the case!)

Info regarding the .25 sheds new light for several reasons!:
Your explanation of the gun makes it more clear as to why he used a .25 as opposed to something like a 9 or .38. If this was the only weapon he had access to and if he was unfortunately determined to end things, then he would use the .25, despite knowing there was a risk of being critically wounded instead of fatally wounded.

This leads to interesting points:

*MWH had to be near by and find him right after the incident, as if she did not he would have died of blood loss relatively quickly. A .25 might not be a .9 but it is still a powerful gun and will kill. I'm not trying to be graphic and I hope I don't upset anyone by saying this, but if a bullet does not fatally wound on contact, then it will due to blood loss. If one survives this type of gun shot wound it is because medical assistance was received asap. With that said, did MWH hear the shot and felt there was a reason to be alarmed? If they live in a less populated area then hearing a gunshot is not too uncommon. If this is the case then it leads me to believe that MWH knew DH was at risk of suicide...but why? No one else seems to know why he was so upset to the point that he ended his life ... unless they don't want to it disclose to the media because it is a personal family matter, which is understandable...but from an outsiders perspective it seems like no one has any ideas for his motive. Is there a possibility that the reason for his action was because of BW and that the people who found him knew this and is why they claim he had no reason (financial,etc) to make such a devastating choice? I know suicide is a very terrible, personal and complicated thing, So as you read this please know that I am proposing my thoughts with sensitivity and respect (to all victims of suicide)

*The second question I have concerning the gun is WHO'S WAS IT? If he did not own any guns does that mean no guns were in his household (such as any owned by MWH) or does that mean he PERSONALLY didn't own any? I assume it means none were in the household, but I could be incorrect.

*KNowing the ownership of the gun is significant for several reasons. First off, .25 are very popular for self defense. Many people own these guns for this purpose ESPECIALLY WOMEN!! Does anyone know if BW owned a 25? She is 19 and has no felony record so this would have been easy for her to purchase. Furthermore, does anyone know if she had a Concealed Weapons Permit (in any state)? If so she more than likely carried a gun, but if not she may have still owned a gun, as one does not need a permit to keep a gun in their house. Most people I know with .25 are women and their main purpose for owning it is self defense (such as if they drive through high crime areas on the way to work, single mothers, women who live alone, etc...or basically just because it makes the feel safer in general). This very reason is why I am alarmed that he used a .25 that he did not own. SInce he did not use his gun does LE know who's gun it was and have they released this information? Even if BW had a gun a larger person could have over powered her and obtained it, or they knew she had one and was prepared, or she was in an altered state of mind and they confiscated it during that time (these are all only relevant if she did in fact have a gun on her)

*Additionally, how does LE know a 25 was used?...Did they actually find the gun on the scene or was the gun not present and they know it was a 25 because of the bullet? If the gun was not present when LE arrived and MWH discovered her husband do they know what she did with the gun? If DH used a 25 in the manner described, then he could not have possibly been conscience and gotten rid of the gun. If the gun was discarded when LE arrived then what was the motivation behind removing it?

*I also find it somewhat odd that DH did not own any guns. I don't know him or his family personally and I am not trying to sound demeaning, but as someone born and raised not too far from there in N FL, (and I am now in ALabama!) I find it unusual that he does not own one. If you are from this area, then I am sure you will agree. It has been my personal experience that many people, especially men, in this region (and especially rural areas) legally own guns, (mainly hunting rifles). I might be reading into this too much, but why did DH not own any guns? Was it because he perhaps had a history of suicidal tendencies? Or was it because of something else such as violent tendencies towards others and therefore choose not have weapons readily available? Or did something in his past restrict him from his 2nd amendment rights? In Alabama gun rights are restricted from convicted felons, people convicted of violence, known alcoholics and know drug users Gun laws in Alabama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are just the immediate thoughts I had when I read he did not own the gun. Of course they could all be incorrect, however it is very significant that he did not own the gun. I would say I am surprised the police did not address this, however with the lack of information available I am unfortunately not surprised at all.
I wanted to clarify that I meant WWH NOT MWH!!!! I am very sorry if I created any confusion. For some reason I don't have an option to edit this and I have been able to edit other posts for typos. If anyone knows how I can still edit the original post, then please let me know. Again, I apologize for making everything more confusing than it already is!!!

I hate tht i know this as well..but can attest that when my brother n law committed suicide, who was a born and raised hunter, he used a 22 caliber due to the exac reason lisa explains above.. the bullet never left the head and ricocheted inside repeatedly..killing him instantly.. no bloody scene and was even able to have an oopen casket with zero sign oftrauma.. definitely NOT the typical gunshot to the head suicide that most picture when hearing this was their manner of suicide..
Suicide is such a horrible and painful situation for anyone to deal with. I am so sorry to hear of your loss

Does LE have all the info that WWH deleted off her fb page? They really need to look into all the contridicting statements she has made.

I am a little confused here too. If he was banned from living with them, why was she giving him a ride to her house? And if he was shot in a vehicle, his vehicle?, why did he need a ride?
Just speculation, but perhaps they only owned 1 vehicle? And since WWH had the children at home maybe she was the person who primarily used it... If it turns out they shared a vehicle then WWH might have picked up DH from Styx River and then returned with him to Fairmont so she could be with the children while he used the car to meet with invesagaots at the police station?... Just some theories based on what I've read.

Hi there!
Im not talking aboutMedia Im talking about Social media!
(Facebook) If you go to the hometown search FB page the only ppl posting there are her MOM and some other ppl that Mom knows.

There are no posts really from the hundred or so friends of hers on her own FB page...No posts from ppl ...What about Fund raisers??? Selling T shirts?
Bracelets? cAR washes? Bake sales? I dont understand i really do not!

The mainstream media has nothing either!
I do not think the family has told all they know!

All JMO
IIRC, there have been posts to that fb page (including some from WS) but someone went thru and deleted them.

Those are the kinds of questions the family has asked Mobile PD. I think it's because she's a drug user, personally. If she was a college student with a sterling reputation, I think they'd consider her missing and search for her. I understand that, to some extent, but I also think there are extenuating circumstances in this case. Remove the 3 uncles from the equation and there might be no reason to think she met foul play. But we can't remove that. How Mobile LE can is beyond me.

LE probably has alot more info than they let on.
I think this has alot to do with DH not rsw or dk.
For some reason i think uncle DH was ino alot of hinkey sheet and Bw was right there with him...I just believe BW and uncle DH were 2 peas in a pod
he could have told her to leave and never come back... he could have asked her to bring the gun. They could have had a pow wow and DH told her what he was going to do and suggested she get out and leave.

Just a thought!
but i do think what happend to her is the direct result of being with DH

IIRC, there have been posts to that fb page (including some from WS) but someone went thru and deleted them.

I know they deleted mine LOL

Go look at sierra lamars FB or Mickey Shunick's they are nothing like this!

they had to delete alot cause ppl didnt have many nice things to say to the family...Its very sad.

so and so is looking for a ride!
they are all back to their FB games of bubbles and wordfinds!
most never even changed their Fb photos to BW's
Their lives didnt skip a beat.

I just think we are missing an important piece to all this!

I could understand deleting the ones that werent nice, but not all of them were nasty. Just like the one WS had a tip and thought it was worth looking into. Why delete that?
There is something very important we are missing, you are so right, Eileen!
Maybe today there will be a break in the case.
(wishful thinking I know) :)

I could understand deleting the ones that werent nice, but not all of them were nasty. Just like the one WS had a tip and thought it was worth looking into. Why delete that?
There is something very important we are missing, you are so right, Eileen!
Maybe today there will be a break in the case.
(wishful thinking I know) :)

Well I know why they deleted the tip!
The WS member sent it as private to the Step Mom that runs the board
She didnt want to make it public if it turned out it was NOT her.. Than that Pete guy posted what he read here so they deleted all those comments!

Why did Klass kids leave so quickly? I think they were there like 2days. than poof!!!! they packed up and left No one is looking for her.

Oh bl de Oh bla Da Life gones on yea Life life life life life goes on!

Just wanted to note that there are some newcomers that may be confused, as it shows in questions stated on many posts. Many of these questions have already been answered in the first & second threads. There is so much confusion in this case as it is bc of the criminal accusations & dynamics surrounding Brittney's disappearance, plus the very limited info that le releases, but compiled with the same questions being asked over & over again it only creates more confusion.

Please, anyone that came in late to Brittney's case, please read the threads in this order:
Thread #1: FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Thread #2: FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Thread #3: FEATURED AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It may seem like it would take forever to read it all prior to posting but trust me it's not, and the information disseminated is invaluable. A prime example is the gun. Read the threads & you'll figure out whom had possession of the gun prior to reaching DH's hands. Please don't anybody take this comment out of context as its meant to be informational. Unless one educates theirself on these threads, confusion will always be there. Heck, I'm still confused about some stuff and I've been here since the beginning, but not over these same questions & thoughts that keep being brought up.

Zeaux, part of what's so frustrating to me is hearing DH's suicide case is closed. In all reality, how can it even remotely be closed knowing who had possession of that gun before reaching DH's hands? I mean, seriously?

Were you ever able to go to the police with this info?

I'm not sure of it being a rented trailer. I thought it was a house, the yellow house with the tree swing shown on the news when the family was searching at Styx River about a week after BW disappeared. But I'm going by what was on the news and not any info from insiders on that.

I think the exact movements of WWH and DH May 31-June 1 are still undetermined. We know WWH made some statements on facebook, but many of them were contradictory. All I know for sure is he shot himself in his vehicle near his home in Fairhope, but not at his home. And WWH found him. I know some of BW's family would like to know more about their movements that day.

I thought it was a house as well. Could it have been a double wide & maybe that's why some people are saying trailer? Idk, just wondering...

Also wondering about something else... It's been stated that DH was staying at a friend's home with his friend. Then it was said that it was a rented home. Then I've read in comments that the friend wasn't home when DH shot himself. So, do you know the info missing? Can you piece that together, Zeaux? I'm wondering if maybe DH was staying at his friends home while he was under investigation, maybe he was paying him rent for giving him a place to stay, and maybe the friend wasn't there bc he had work or something... Idk, just trying to think it through logically.

I know BW's phone pinged in the Styx River area. But, it sounded to me like DH's wife, when she posted about it on FB (and I read it myself directly from the FB page), was saying that when BW had asked Uncle D if she could come to his house, she, BW, was asking about coming to the house in Fairhope, not Styx River. If the witness is not credible and BW was not actually sighted at Styx River then perhaps BW made it to Fairhope but only her phone made it to Styx River. DH's wife said that BW had asked to come and DH said she could but she had to find a ride. That comment sounded to me like she was attempting to emphasize the idea that someone gave BW a ride, someone who was not her and was not DH.

What if BW made it to Fairhope, something happened to her, her phone then made it to Styx River but she wasn't with her phone? Uncle D could have went to Styx River from Fairhope or wherever on his motorcycle and maybe that has something to do with his wife driving him back to Fairhope on Friday morning. Maybe they wanted to ride together, so they took the car.

Where is Uncle D's motorcycle? I know the area of the suicide was checked-out but what KIND of checking out was done? I think there needs to be an organized search for Brittney everywhere between the Fairhope location and Fish River/suicide location.

Do we KNOW that BW knew that Uncle D was in Styx River? If she didn't know about the investigation into his activities then maybe she didn't know he wasn't staying at his own home. Does the family know if she actually was headed for Styx River? Did she tell her friend she was going to see DH at Styx River or just going to see him?

It gets more confusing. Per the timeline, Wendy says she and Donnie wouldn't be at the yellow house Wednesday evening when Brittney wanted to visit, but Brittney could come anyway. A neighbor reports seeing Brittney there at the house that evening swinging on a tree swing with another unknown guy present in the yard.

Then Wendy and the little boys spend Thursday night at the yellow house with Donnie. It's unclear where their daughter is.

Brittney's phone pings there that night and Wendy trys to delete Brittney's phone texts and voice messages.

I'll provide MSM links if needed.

I have read the timeline. I'm not sure where some of the info. for the timeline is being gathered from and I know I have probably missed alot, in spite of really trying to read every post here and all I can find online about BW, but the post that I saw on Uncle D's wife's FB page was that she and the boys were with Uncle D on Thursday. She did not say, atleast not in that statement, that they were with him Thursday night. She just said, "Thursday". Does anyone know if she has said she was there Thursday NIGHT?

I have read the timeline. I'm not sure where some of the info. for the timeline is being gathered from and I know I have probably missed alot, in spite of really trying to read every post here and all I can find online about BW, but the post that I saw on Uncle D's wife's FB page was that she and the boys were with Uncle D on Thursday. She did not say, atleast not in that statement, that they were with him Thursday night. She just said, "Thursday". Does anyone know if she has said she was there Thursday NIGHT?

quote: "....His wife and 3 kids was staying with him in Wilcoxs and she was not there....He droped them off friday morning at a friends house and 1 1/2 later his wife found him"

This could be where the assumption came from, that they stayed overnight. The person quoted is MWH and the number of kids is questionable (as is the statement itself IMO)

I thought it was a house as well. Could it have been a double wide & maybe that's why some people are saying trailer? Idk, just wondering...

Also wondering about something else... It's been stated that DH was staying at a friend's home with his friend. Then it was said that it was a rented home. Then I've read in comments that the friend wasn't home when DH shot himself. So, do you know the info missing? Can you piece that together, Zeaux? I'm wondering if maybe DH was staying at his friends home while he was under investigation, maybe he was paying him rent for giving him a place to stay, and maybe the friend wasn't there bc he had work or something... Idk, just trying to think it through logically.

I'm trying to remember if it was said that he was staying WITH a friend or staying AT a friends place. I had assumed the latter, and this could mean that the friend was either lending or renting him the place. I don't have any first hand information, but if it turned out he was living with the friend, then I hope the person was interviewed.

Zeaux, part of what's so frustrating to me is hearing DH's suicide case is closed. In all reality, how can it even remotely be closed knowing who had possession of that gun before reaching DH's hands? I mean, seriously?

Were you ever able to go to the police with this info?

Personally I dont believe its closed!
I think they are letting everyone believe its closed!

I can think of many reasons someone could or would shoot him!

And many ppl that might want to silence him!

JMO

I know they deleted mine LOL
so and so is looking for a ride!
they are all back to their FB games of bubbles and wordfinds!
most never even changed their Fb photos to BW's
Their lives didnt skip a beat.

I noticed that too. There was a lot of chatter that had nothing to do with BW. Oddly, the one who had the most content dealing with the missing girl was the FB page for RSW. He was the main family member pushing the search effort, and drumming up support for the search.

He even chastised the rest of the family for sitting on their asses while he was traipsing through the woods picking up ticks and searching for BW.

A lot about this case doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member