AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I just wanted to update folks to let them know that just because the media is not reporting news about Brittney or that the FB page is not being updated with tips/leads & other details, etc... does not mean there are not people and family members that are not hard at work pursuing all available resources. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

I think it is important to remember that this family does not have a disposable income. They have never had a family member go missing. They do have piles of information to help guide them with actions to take. It is easy to say, "Ok - we'll do this and that." Unfortunately, if you do not have the financial means or available people who are not working, taking care of children, etc... then all the information on the planet is not going to help.

As far as a private investigator - yes, that would be wonderful.. however, lack of financial means tends to attract PI's who may not possess the requisite skills or moral compasses. There are a few that are being looked at but again - it is not an easy task and requires a great deal of research.

We are actively pursuing an investigative reporter (locally & nationally) to be assigned to Brittney's case. There is a significant amount of information that will need to be investigated by the journalist. It will require a great deal of commitment and work before the report could be released.

I would like to reference a previous post I made last week for anyone who may have missed it. I would again like to clarify the posts I quoted were not meant to single out any specific individuals - I referenced them only to support information & statements within my post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

A big thank you to everyone who are following Brittney's thread and providing constructive discussion to help find Brittney. Please continue to reach out the media, Facebook, Twitter, Mobile PD's community feedback page, etc...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/******************************************/451298481547844

@FndBrittneyWood on Twitter

~FootballMom TEAM BRITTNEY!!!!

Hi All,

I just wanted to update folks to let them know that just because the media is not reporting news about Brittney or that the FB page is not being updated with tips/leads & other details, etc... does not mean there are not people and family members that are not hard at work pursuing all available resources. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

I think it is important to remember that this family does not have a disposable income. They have never had a family member go missing. They do have piles of information to help guide them with actions to take. It is easy to say, "Ok - we'll do this and that." Unfortunately, if you do not have the financial means or available people who are not working, taking care of children, etc... then all the information on the planet is not going to help.

As far as a private investigator - yes, that would be wonderful.. however, lack of financial means tends to attract PI's who may not possess the requisite skills or moral compasses. There are a few that are being looked at but again - it is not an easy task and requires a great deal of research.

We are actively pursuing an investigative reporter (locally & nationally) to be assigned to Brittney's case. There is a significant amount of information that will need to be investigated by the journalist. It will require a great deal of commitment and work before the report could be released.

I would like to reference a previous post I made last week for anyone who may have missed it. I would again like to clarify the posts I quoted were not meant to single out any specific individuals - I referenced them only to support information & statements within my post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

A big thank you to everyone who are following Brittney's thread and providing constructive discussion to help find Brittney. Please continue to reach out the media, Facebook, Twitter, Mobile PD's community feedback page, etc...

https://www.facebook.com/pages//451298481547844

@FndBrittneyWood on Twitter

~FootballMom TEAM BRITTNEY!!!!

This is wonderful information, FootballMom. I think that most ppl see what is working on the surface and it seems like a slow moving stream, even sometimes flowing in the opposite direction, but what is important to know is that, like the ocean and even some rivers, things may be moving faster just under the surface. Point is that we need to keep talking, researching, looking and reaching out. Let's keep Brittney's name and story in the public's eye.

We may never be privy to the information that LE has. I watched a television show this weekend that talked about teen girls that disappeared in Texas along the stretch of I-45 between Houston and Galveston. One point that was brought out was how slow LE was to respond to the seriousness of the situation and how because of that a lot of these cases may never be solved due to lack of evidence. A lot of these girls were just considered "run-away's" because little info lead LE to believe "foul play" was involved despite the parents saying that they know their daughters well enough to know that they would not run away that long of a period of time without communication. Had LE gotten into "high gear" early enough then they may have found the evidence necessary to, perhaps, save some of these girls, and if nothing else, bring the responsible people to justice. I am not saying that this is the case with BW but, from what I hear, the similarities, especially with how dedicated LE is to finding her, are eerie, to say the least.

My first post here but I've been lurking for some time now. I'm not sure which show you watched but I recently watched a show about a teen in Pensacola FL that was held against her will being a sex slave(a few years ago). It just made me wonder if BW could of been in that type of situation.

My first post here but I've been lurking for some time now. I'm not sure which show you watched but I recently watched a show about a teen in Pensacola FL that was held against her will being a sex slave(a few years ago). It just made me wonder if BW could of been in that type of situation.

Welcome to WS!! I didn't see that show but I did hear about LE breaking a sex slave ring in the US recently. That was my initial response to this and other disappearances in the Southeast that have occured over the last five years or so. Not sure that I am still leaning that direction in BW's case but it certainly has merit. It is assumed that she was dropped off at one of the worst truckstops, as far as drug and violence is concerned, along this stretch of I-10. It is definitely possible that she was taken against her will. All the more reason for BW's story to go national. Someone has got to have seen something and they need to know that they can and should come forward.

:bump:

Let's try to keep this thread bumped up today! Jim Spellman from CNN said he may have time to look into Brittney's case today!!

I just wanted to say I think it's wonderful what all you WS members are doing to help get Brittney's name out to the public!! Keep up the good work!

I just wanted to say I think it's wonderful what all you WS members are doing to help get Brittney's name out to the public!! Keep up the good work!

People don't just disappear!! Someone knows something that will lead LE and the family to Brittney. I just hope the family can get the reward together and get the word out through the media. I don't know how successful rewards really are but atleast it will get Brittney's name in the news. Maybe there is a reason that LE isn't talking about Brittney, but we don't know, so we have to keep trying to bring attention to her case.

:bump:

Let's try to keep this thread bumped up today! Jim Spellman from CNN said he may have time to look into Brittney's case today!!

First post. I think Jim Spellman is wonderful! He is a superb reporter and can be quite amusing on Twitter. That man has a heart.

JMO MOO

First post. I think Jim Spellman is wonderful! He is a superb reporter and can be quite amusing on Twitter. That man has a heart.

JMO MOO

Welcome Raindrops!! I think any positive publicity for this family and BW is great. Even some healthy debate is good. We have to keep this story out there until the truth is known.

If the family were to do more fundraisers to raise money for a PI and this PI came up with info that either a) LE doesn't want anyone to know or b) the family doesn't want anyone to know, would anyone be in any different a situation than they are now? Meaning, would he/she be under a contractual obligation to whoever hired them no matter what?

I know it's been said many times before but someone, whether it be family or LE, isn't making some things public so it's limiting how people can help except monetarily.

If the family were to do more fundraisers to raise money for a PI and this PI came up with info that either a) LE doesn't want anyone to know or b) the family doesn't want anyone to know, would anyone be in any different a situation than they are now? Meaning, would he/she be under a contractual obligation to whoever hired them no matter what?

I know it's been said many times before but someone, whether it be family or LE, isn't making some things public so it's limiting how people can help except monetarily.

I believe that the parents and step-parents, as well as, many of the extended family have gone to great lengths to be as open and honest with LE and the public as possible. I don't think they are hiding anything. There may be others (WWH and MWK) that may be hiding info but its possible that this family has been as honest as they can be. This, ofcourse, is my opinion.

I know Brittney's parents and stepparent's have been honest and have done and are doing everything they can do to find Brittney. There are still members of this family out physically looking for her every day. CW also has 2 babies at home and limited resources. I have said this before, there is another victim in this case. That makes it difficult to release some information. That being said, I do believe WWH is not telling everything she knows. I think she is still trying to cover up for her late husband DH. Unfortunately, some of the truth may have died with him. I definitely believe that everything is connected to Brittney's disappearance.

I agree, Southern Sweetpea. A young woman disappears and her closest uncle (under investigation for sex crimes) kills himself. Her two more distant uncles are arrested just a few weeks later for sex crimes. Anyone who says the two cases are not connected is living in a dream world.

Still no new news from my end. I only knew one of the arrested uncles, and that was only through the roleplaying game connection. He hasn't shown his face — and is probably barred by law from doing so — at any of the game shops here in Mobile. I have some connections with LE in this area, but I don't feel right reaching out to them when I see them so infrequently. Not kosher to just call them up out of the blue and ask them about a case, especially when I know the answer will be "no comment."

I agree, Southern Sweetpea. A young woman disappears and her closest uncle (under investigation for sex crimes) kills himself. Her two more distant uncles are arrested just a few weeks later for sex crimes. Anyone who says the two cases are not connected is living in a dream world.

Still no new news from my end. I only knew one of the arrested uncles, and that was only through the roleplaying game connection. He hasn't shown his face — and is probably barred by law from doing so — at any of the game shops here in Mobile. I have some connections with LE in this area, but I don't feel right reaching out to them when I see them so infrequently. Not kosher to just call them up out of the blue and ask them about a case, especially when I know the answer will be "no comment."

Hi Dr!

I'm curious, and this is a little off topic, but could you give a brief description of the "roleplaying game" activity. What do you do? Themes? Costumes? Average age of participant? Male / female / adults / kids? Are faux weapons used? Thanks!

I know Brittney's parents and stepparent's have been honest and have done and are doing everything they can do to find Brittney. There are still members of this family out physically looking for her every day. CW also has 2 babies at home and limited resources. I have said this before, there is another victim in this case. That makes it difficult to release some information. That being said, I do believe WWH is not telling everything she knows. I think she is still trying to cover up for her late husband DH. Unfortunately, some of the truth may have died with him. I definitely believe that everything is connected to Brittney's disappearance.

I hope if this is true, she will come to see that it is Brittney who needs help now, that it is too late for her husband. But of course I guess she could know if it is too late for Brittney. If she knows or suspects it is too late, she may choose to try to protect her husband.

The thought of family out looking for her without help or resources is heartbreaking. I think of Brittney as a vulnerable young girl who has fallen through the cracks in the overall scheme of things. It really bothers me that somebody can just disappear without trace. I have been following along with you all long enough here on WS to know that far too many are missing. Also that so many on this forum put their lives on hold to help those in trouble. Brittney's situation is so sad that I don't know what anyone can do. She has been gone too long.

JMO MOO

The person I really wish we could hear from is DK. I do know that he is the one that confessed. It is my opinion only, that RSW may be innocent. I think DK knows a lot more than other people, but unfortunately I think it also relates to the other victim and we can't investigate it and the LE probably can't release that information. WWH and DK hold some answers. It's my opinion only. DK's mom is also very influential and I believe that has caused such low media response.

This is all so frustrating. I had to go to Mobile today and I found myself looking for Brittney everywhere... every face I passed, into the cars driving by, along the waterways. I don't know how her parents and siblings are standing it. A LE car was parked on the side of the interstate with his lights flashing with no other car around and I immediately thought, "Maybe he is looking for Brittney, too!" :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member