AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notes on Mobile Neighborhoods

◦Hippie Beach is an area on Hall’s Mill Creek about a mile northwest of where the creek meets Dog River which became an infamous teenage hangout. The land is owned by Creekline, Inc., whose representatives Grubb & Ellis/Peebles & Cameron said they will prosecute any tresspassers. It is off Shipyard Road near the Cypress Shores community, which is south of Hall’s Mill Creek. – PR 7/14/08,7/15/08

snipped from the list under the neighborhood of Riviere Du Chien found here: http://modmobilian.com/notes/notesneighborhoods/

Found a photo here: http://mobilekayaker.wordpress.com/#jp-carousel-605

(ETA: HOLY! :what: WOW! -- about the gun!)

"Brittney’s relatives told deputies that the teen normally only had two bullets in her gun. FOX10 confirmed the weapon did have just one bullet left, after Holland shot himself.."

Interesting. I wonder which relative told the deputies this tidbit.

Thanks Quester!!

"We as a family do not see how she had the means to run,” said Chessie. “We’ve covered every friend, every one of them are accounted for. I mean if she had to run because she's that scared, I would really believe that she would have [taken] her daughter with her."

I wish I could say I agreed with Chessie here, but I don't. I hope Brittney would know it's better to leave her little girl in a safe place where she knew she'd be fed and taken care of until she could figure out a plan. Her family said they thought Brittney was very scared and that's no place for a little one.

I'm going to to assume that early on when BW's mom said for Brittney to come home that she wouldn't get in trouble...she was talking about the gun - seeing as it was used in Donnie's suicide.

Is BW a felon? IDR

I still do not understand how MPD does not believe this to be a missing persons case. Whether she left on her own or not, they could at least classify her as a MP so that there will be other resources available to find her. Should they find her and she tell them that she doesn't want to contact her family, then so be it. MPD could then advise her family that she is safe and doesn't wish to be contacted. At least they would know that she's alive. :maddening:

Isn't that what happened to the pastors wife who left the womens retreat a few years ago? LE found her and she didn't wish to go home. So be it. She left her husband and children (SICK, imo), but at least there was some peace of mind to know she was alive.

Interesting to see who "Likes" CH III comment.

That is un-be-lievable!! I wonder how that is supposed to make CW feel? That guy is basically accusing BW and she is going to "like" the statement??? Ugh. :maddening:

The first comment on this article references "4CHAN". Does anyone know what that means? I'm probably showing my age here but I have no clue as to the meaning of that. I saw the same thing (4CHAN)mentioned in articles about the shooter in the Aurora, Colorado tragedy, so I'm assuming it is slang for something.

We must be the same age ~ :floorlaugh:
I found this article on Fox:
4Chan: The Rude, Raunchy Underbelly of the Internet

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512957,00.html

No idea if that is what is refered to in the comment or not.

The first comment on this article references "4CHAN". Does anyone know what that means? I'm probably showing my age here but I have no clue as to the meaning of that. I saw the same thing (4CHAN)mentioned in articles about the shooter in the Aurora, Colorado tragedy, so I'm assuming it is slang for something.

Nevermind. I found it! My McAfee blocked me from entering the site but I do see now what it is about.

Fox10's Andrew Perez reports via FB status update that DH had made suicide threats in the hours prior to shooting himself. And, DH was supposed to meet with both DHR and LE that day.

I recall DHJr posting on facebook in the articles about BW and DH. Can't remember what he said other then the fact he was the son of DH and stated his father was a wonderful man. If I have time I will try to find out what articles he posted under. With all of the articles we have seen in this case and all of the comments it may take awhile! :banghead:
If anyone remembers this, maybe you can find it quicker than I can.

We must be the same age ~ :floorlaugh:
I found this article on Fox:
4Chan: The Rude, Raunchy Underbelly of the Internet

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512957,00.html

No idea if that is what is refered to in the comment or not.

Well Done! both of you. Saved me from trying to figure it out myself.
Tea/coffee is not enough this morning.
:coffeecup:

"Brittney’s relatives told deputies that the teen normally only had two bullets in her gun. FOX10 confirmed the weapon did have just one bullet left, after Holland shot himself.."

Interesting. I wonder which relative told the deputies this tidbit.

Thanks Quester!!

I find myself 'wondering' at each little nugget we get.
At least now it's on MSM we can wonder out loud! This situation is beyond confusing for me, I stop and analyze each statement. Who said it? Why are we hearing about it now? Does it conflict with something we have already been told?
I have followed other cases where the core of the story, at least, remains the same.
Andrew Perez, Fox10, seems to be doing a great job and is keeping the Brittney angle of the story out there.

Poor Brittney. :(

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members