Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so few pictures of Brittney.
I wonder where everybody's cell phones, all the major players, put them on May 31st and june 1st. I wonder if it was all normal txting and pings or were they all on radio silence and sitting in one spot??

There are so few pictures of Brittney.
I wonder where everybody's cell phones, all the major players, put them on May 31st and june 1st. I wonder if it was all normal txting and pings or were they all on radio silence and sitting in one spot??
Good point, Toby. For that matter, any interruption of normal routine could be telling. I'd be interested to learn if any of the individuals around BW called in sick for a day or two? Cancel any appointments? Miss any weekly activities? I'd like to believe LE has the answers to these questions.

Yes, the investigation...that's what's so important. I'd really like to hear what all LE has been doing to investigate everybody's story against pings, etc.,

Bumping for Brittney!
I did'nt spend 6 straight days reading about this girl & her "family" to have it stop here!!
Hopefully LE does know about everybody's pings but if they wer'nt/are'nt investigating Brittney's disappearance than idk if they've checked that extensively. My hope is that because of the rape/incest/sodomy case, LE looked into their phone records. I'll hope there is an ocd type investiagtor that will look at the phone records for this time period. I can see 1 or 2 of the group being able to play this game w/ keeping the phones in 1 location or txting "normally" about mundane things like dr's appt for sick kids but not the whole group.no way not imo could all of these prps do what they were "supposed" to do.
Or I'll just pray that 1 of the perps has genuine love for 1 of their family members and will give ALL info to help find Brittney.....

Bumping for Brittney!
I did'nt spend 6 straight days reading about this girl & her "family" to have it stop here!!
Hopefully LE does know about everybody's pings but if they wer'nt/are'nt investigating Brittney's disappearance than idk if they've checked that extensively. My hope is that because of the rape/incest/sodomy case, LE looked into their phone records. I'll hope there is an ocd type investiagtor that will look at the phone records for this time period. I can see 1 or 2 of the group being able to play this game w/ keeping the phones in 1 location or txting "normally" about mundane things like dr's appt for sick kids but not the whole group.no way not imo could all of these prps do what they were "supposed" to do.
Or I'll just pray that 1 of the perps has genuine love for 1 of their family members and will give ALL info to help find Brittney.....

BBM,

You can forget about this happening. The detective the MPD has assigned to this case, while I am sure he is a good person and we might even be friends if I met him outside the force, is anything but ocd. Publicly, LE's efforts to locate Brittney appear anemic at best. Privately, it may be worse than that. Their answer, publicly, when asked about their efforts is that they "repond to all tips that come in" and are "doing everything they can to find Ms. Wood." Reactionary, how often has that worked in the past?

Bumping for Brittney!

I just wish there was more of a full court press on the rape cases. Assuming those involved in the rape cases were involved with Brittney disappearing or have information related, I truly think that if both the media and LE would push it harder and louder, it would increase the odds of LE getting that information. The rape cases are the biggest, and maybe only, leverage LE has. I don't see anyone involved in such a horrible crime suddenly doing something for love of family. I do see them doing for love of self, if it serves there own self preservation. But to best get them to do that, it needs to be pushed by the DA and LE and shouted about from MSM. Increase the pressure. Don't sit back and just let Court dates come and go quietly. JMHO

I don't understand the low bail in these cases. Is rape always treated like this in alabama? It almost seems as if they are getting as little (they = charges) attention as Brittney is.

Bumping for Brittney!
I did'nt spend 6 straight days reading about this girl & her "family" to have it stop here!! Hopefully LE does know about everybody's pings but if they wer'nt/are'nt investigating Brittney's disappearance than idk if they've checked that extensively. My hope is that because of the rape/incest/sodomy case, LE looked into their phone records. I'll hope there is an ocd type investiagtor that will look at the phone records for this time period. I can see 1 or 2 of the group being able to play this game w/ keeping the phones in 1 location or txting "normally" about mundane things like dr's appt for sick kids but not the whole group.no way not imo could all of these prps do what they were "supposed" to do.

BBM :seeya: Yeah, well, I wonder if any real investigators, not like non-investigator me, know all the initials of people involved in this case and all the odd tidbits I have rolling around in my brain with no answers as to where Brittney is. :coffeecup:

I still think it would be worth searching around the Styx river area. Someone got rid of her body. If it was Donnie, then doubt he moved her far.(as in a hundred miles) If it was one of the others i would search around areas they are known to be comfortable in.

I would also look at all the areas the RSW searched and make a map of where he avoided and search there. It always seemed hinky to me that he was so involved in the search, almost the face of the search...as if he was trying to be as close to the investigation as possible bc he was the perp.

jmo

I don't understand the low bail in these cases. Is rape always treated like this in alabama? It almost seems as if they are getting as little (they = charges) attention as Brittney is.

BBM

Not to bash Alabamians, but considering HOW MANY TIMES I've seen these rapes referred to as 'sexual encounters' in the press, I would have to say, at least in this case, yes.

I don't get why local media never seems to ask the follow up or tougher questions. If anybody's case needs it, Brittney's does. If in fact they are not communicating with the father at all simply because he didn't file the missing persons report, that seems pretty damn cold hearted to me and should have some light shined on it in public.

I don't get why local media never seems to ask the follow up or tougher questions. If anybody's case needs it, Brittney's does. If in fact they are not communicating with the father at all simply because he didn't file the missing persons report, that seems pretty damn cold hearted to me and should have some light shined on it in public.

Do we know if Brittney ever lived for an extended time with her father and stepmom? Maybe that's why they are being left out of the loop by LE, if in fact they are, I am not positive that is the truth. Also because of the investigation into sex abuse and the family history they could want to limit who gets information or how much.

I want to just head to that area (styx or anywhere any of the perps phones pinged) and just start walking, looking, searching for anything. Just to show the family what it looks like. jmo I know some have but this is a big family (maternal side), they won't even break ranks for the rape/incest/sodomy charges, you'd think they'd come together and physically search for Brittney, make it "look" like they care. imo

I have read everything and did a search but cannot find a map w/ search areas marked.?? Is there one? tia.

I want to just head to that area (styx or anywhere any of the perps phones pinged) and just start walking, looking, searching for anything. Just to show the family what it looks like. jmo I know some have but this is a big family (maternal side), they won't even break ranks for the rape/incest/sodomy charges, you'd think they'd come together and physically search for Brittney, make it "look" like they care. imo

I have read everything and did a search but cannot find a map w/ search areas marked.?? Is there one? tia.

I don't think a map has been created. I could be wrong but I don't think it would take long to create one because I think I can count the number of searches on one hand. I could be wrong.

There was a map showing where the various locations are, but I don't think it included search areas.

Ok, here are the facts, and I know this because I have personally spoken with the MPD myself as well as others close to WH and SH. The MPD is not communicating with them because, according to the department, they are only obligated to speak to the one who filed the missing person's report. The MPD does not like how WH, SH and supporters have called the department out for it's handling, or more appropriately mishandling, of Brittney's case. My understanding is that, initially, they were giving the same information to both sides of the family but after several supporters contacted the Chief of Police for Mobile and expressed their displeasure at the way the department was handling the case (refusal to accept free outside assistance from state and federal agencies, neglecting to add Brittney to missing person databases freeing up money and resources to aid the family and investigators and the labeling of Brittney as just a runaway while ruling out any possibility of foul play early on) and that is one possible reason for why the detective has refused to give information to WH and SH. While the detective is certainly operating within department policy I don't understand the judgement call here. That means that WH can only get information from CW because that is the only person MPD will speak with and we all know how volatile a situation that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member