AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, in this case I wish we could do an old fashion round up and try them all at the same time, throw them all in the same jail and be done with the lot.

I am kind of surprised that the DA hasn't at least tried to get them all tried together at one time. Especially if any that have common victims.

At least the recent article referred to it as a lewd sex abuse scandal and not as relationships. A small step in the right direction I suppose.

Thats the problem I have, there were no boundaries for a child to know what they possibly like is horribly wrong. Please dont think Im giving him some kind of free pass. Just trying to understand the dynamics of this mess. Its not even like there is only one perp.. they had a whole group of family members, apparently adored family members, grooming them their whole lives. There is no evidence that DW was abused. There is no evidence that Brittney was abused. There is no evidence of foul play. But IMO it is obvious to the most casual observer that all are probably true.

I didn't meant to imply that you were giving Derek a free pass in this. I too feel that one of the worst aspects of this case is that none of these kids had any family member they could turn to for help. As parents this extended Wood clan is disgusting at best. I can easily understand how these kids ended up with drug problems and a warped sense of values.

Personally I have no doubt the parents knew what was going on and obviously couldn't give a **** about their kids enough to stop it and protect them. I think the pervy uncles encouraged whatever he is charged with and up truly hope in Derek's case it didn't involve 12 year old girls. I don't know why he got such a high bail compared to the others and unfortunately he doesn't have the money nor does his family have the money to get him out of jail. But that may be the best thing for him in a way since it *may* keep him off drugs and it gets him away from the family. I hope he does have the conscience to tell the truth and lock the rest of them away for a long long time. Hopefully he has some kind of counseling available to him to deal with his issues and have a chance for something better in his future.

I might have some sympathy for him if he made some effort to find Brittney but I have seen no evidence that he has made any effort. That leads me to believe he either knows Brittney took off or he knows she isn't alive. I prefer not to think that he may have inherited the trait of simply not caring enough to make an effort.

I hope Brittney is alive and I also hope she doesn't come home to her so called family. It concerns me that coming home to her dad wouldn't be the best option either simply because he lives in the same area. I believe he and step mom would offer her the safety and support she needs but it's too close to the crap she grew up with.

Sent from my Rezound

I thought Derek had bonded out of jail.

Looks to me like he did.

https://www.facebook.com/dwoods.wood

Truths can't be told when there is too much to hide.

MOO.

Hopefully the grand jury will be able to get further into what all was going on when Brittney disappeared.

Looks to me like he did.

MOO.

Hopefully the grand jury will be able to get further into what all was going on when Brittney disappeared.

I think (hope) that the closer these cases get to a trial setting, the more sweating they'll do and hopefully that leads to more talking.

If I'm reading this right:

For each Class A Felony - 10 years to life (but not less than 20 if a firearm OR child is involved)

For each Class B Felony - 2 years to 20 years (but not less than 20 if a firearm OR child is involved)

For each Class C Felony - 1 year to 10 years (but not less than 10 if a firearm/deadly weapon was used/attempted to be used)

If given consecutively, with all of the various counts, that's an awful long time and a good reason to start thinking about talking.

Looks to me like he did.

MOO.

Thanks for correcting. This case is hard to keep straight and I must have missed out forgotten that

Sent from my Rezound

Thanks for correcting. This case is hard to keep straight and I must have missed out forgotten that

Sent from my Rezound

He was the last of them to bond out. For the longest time CW was trying to raise the funds, plus I think his bond got reduced at some point.

Come on someone talk! I hate how silent this family is toward one of their own daughters just disappearing!!! I know there has been a lil out cry but come on! Someone say something!! Why would a family want remain silent about any of this??? If I knew info about the perps I'd be posting and screaming about it and I don't even know them! or Brittney, it's just tragic.

Come on someone talk! I hate how silent this family is toward one of their own daughters just disappearing!!! I know there has been a lil out cry but come on! Someone say something!! Why would a family want remain silent about any of this??? If I knew info about the perps I'd be posting and screaming about it and I don't even know them! or Brittney, it's just tragic.

They have to keep quiet because my guess is they ALL are involved in some way. The wives and mothers cant say sheet because they have known what the husbands and brothers and brothers in law have been up to and have chosen not to speak up. And thats a crime right there Guilty as charged!

Here is a question for ya!
Chessie is the last to see her! How do we know She didnt vanish right there in her own home. Did this family have a pow wow and decide Brit had to go awaY
SHE KNOWS WAY TO MUCH and would definately be called upon at trial. I think Brit held the key to all this and it was decided to get her out of town!

Brittney's dad has been doing some shouting. I don't think the rest will do any shouting, much less talking, until it serves their own interest. The only time it will serve there interest is when the reality of the current charges set in. Just can't get past the grand jury stage fast enough for me.

I guess at this point there isn't much to talk about. There has been one article (thankfully) about Brittney missing for for months. No release of info from the police and the article reports the same info of LE claiming her disappearance is not related to the uncles suicide or the sex abuse investigation.

We can't discuss social media in this thread but that seems to have quieted down lately also. The Wood sisters still haven't given any info even tho two of them are married to men -- one arrested for several sex abuse charges and the other investigated for it but he is said to have committed suicide. I personally question if it was suicide but LE reports it was. And that uncle was the last to see Brittney.

All that has been discussed on these threads and there not much else to say except we all hope Brittney is found.

The Wood sisters have united and recently set up a FB page to find Brittney where you can make nice comments only and offer prayers. Her dad and step mom set up a FB page shortly after Brittney disappeared looking for any info and its open to posting any kind of comment. Both pages are an effort to keep Brittney's disappearance in the public eye. (I think I am allowed to mention the pages since I am not saying anything about the comments. MODS please snip this paragraph if this info violates the TOS.)

I can add that I find it curious that Derek's bail was reduced since I thought bail was based on evidence that leads to an arrest. I know one charge was dropped and I think (maybe possibly someone correct me if I am wrong) Derek had the highest bail.

There have been no more arrests even tho LE claims the sex abuse case was the worst they have ever seen, the arrests are just the tip of the ice berg and more arrests are coming. But nothing has happened for weeks. They don't seem to be putting much effort in searching for Brittney except saying they will follow up on any lead they get.

Not putting a link because all main steam media seems to repeat what little info there is and there is a link to the latest news article further up this thread rehashing this stuff.

Perhaps someone who is familiar with LE investigations might know why a charge is dropped since I am guessing they should have had some supporting evidence to present to a judge who sets the bail amount.

Sent from my Rezound

I guess at this point there isn't much to talk about. There has been one article (thankfully) about Brittney missing for for months. No release of info from the police and the article reports the same info of LE claiming her disappearance is not related to the uncles suicide or the sex abuse investigation.

We can't discuss social media in this thread but that seems to have quieted down lately also. The Wood sisters still haven't given any info even tho two of them are married to men -- one arrested for several sex abuse charges and the other investigated for it but he is said to have committed suicide. I personally question if it was suicide but LE reports it was. And that uncle was the last to see Brittney.

All that has been discussed on these threads and there not much else to say except we all hope Brittney is found.

The Wood sisters have united and recently set up a FB page to find Brittney where you can make nice comments only and offer prayers. Her dad and step mom set up a FB page shortly after Brittney disappeared looking for any info and its open to posting any kind of comment. Both pages are an effort to keep Brittney's disappearance in the public eye. (I think I am allowed to mention the pages since I am not saying anything about the comments. MODS please snip this paragraph if this info violates the TOS.)

I can add that I find it curious that Derek's bail was reduced since I thought bail was based on evidence that leads to an arrest. I know one charge was dropped and I think (maybe possibly someone correct me if I am wrong) Derek had the highest bail.

There have been no more arrests even tho LE claims the sex abuse case was the worst they have ever seen, the arrests are just the tip of the ice berg and more arrests are coming. But nothing has happened for weeks. They don't seem to be putting much effort in searching for Brittney except saying they will follow up on any lead they get.

Not putting a link because all main steam media seems to repeat what little info there is and there is a link to the latest news article further up this thread rehashing this stuff.

Perhaps someone who is familiar with LE investigations might know why a charge is dropped since I am guessing they should have had some supporting evidence to present to a judge who sets the bail amount.

Sent from my Rezound

Probably was a decision made by the DA. He may have decided there wasn't enough evidence on one of the charges to get a conviction in his opinion. Also, even if he thought there may be enough to get a conviction but that case was somewhat thin, he may decide to drop the weaker case so it doesn't bring down or muddy the waters on the stronger case. JMHO

I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I, like all of you, are soooo frustrated with this case!!

Brittney hasn't been found. Why?! I find it very hard to believe that the suspects are smart enough to hide her (dead or alive) somewhere for so long that she still hasn't been found. Of course, if no one's looking...

But this train of thought made me start thinking about ways to get rid of a body. Morbid, I know. On Breaking Bad (don't judge. I know it's just tv. Haha), they use chemicals. Would DH, DK, etc have access to these? Be smart enough to use them? Has it ever been said what line of work they were in? Legitimate work, not drugs & sex.

MOO

I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I, like all of you, are soooo frustrated with this case!!

Brittney hasn't been found. Why?! I find it very hard to believe that the suspects are smart enough to hide her (dead or alive) somewhere for so long that she still hasn't been found. Of course, if no one's looking...

But this train of thought made me start thinking about ways to get rid of a body. Morbid, I know. On Breaking Bad (don't judge. I know it's just tv. Haha), they use chemicals. Would DH, DK, etc have access to these? Be smart enough to use them? Has it ever been said what line of work they were in? Legitimate work, not drugs & sex.

MOO

I believe it was said DH was on disability and didn't work, unless you include allegedly selling pills. Not sure about DK or the others.

This time of year, many people are preparing their camps/land for hunting season. There will be many eyes and feet on the ground, in many places where there is usually no activity. I am hoping someone stumbles across a clue to help find Brittney. But then, how many of those people are aware of her missing???

Okay, that has me thinking. I wonder if the wildlife conservation enforcement officers are aware of her missing. They go in and out of camps all season. Just wondering how to go about coordinating a way to get info from officers to the folks in these camps. Would be great to have flyers posted in these places.

I would love y'alls opinion on this. I would be willing to make a phone call to the Spanish Ft. office of wildlife management to see if they could pass out flyers, spread info about Brittney. Do any of you know if this would be too much to ask or if it's already been done? Just don't want to step on anyones toes.

MOO

BBM Maybe because she is not out there to be found!

Im beginning to think she left! Walked out never to return again!

Oh, I hope so much she did just leave. Sorry, nothing new to day, but I think of Brittney and her family every day, hope and frustration churning in my belly.

I haven't posted on here in a while, but I do read to try and stay "caught up". I'm completely baffled at why police aren't doing more to find her. If they don't have the time, or resources, to search for her...then give the case to an agency that does. A fresh set of eyes may be just what this case needs.

For them to assume she ran away isn't good enough for me. Ivy Merck "ran away" and LE went above and beyond to help find her. She was found..alive and well. Brittney's family deserves the same respect (I realize it's different states). IF Brittney ran away, then find her so that her family can have the peace of mind to know she is alive and not thrown out like trash. IF law enforcement would do their job (sorry..don't like to bash LE), they might could get some answers, but they are dead set on her running away.

I know Klaas Kids is still involved, but their hands are basically tied if they aren't given anything other than "she ran away". So frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx