AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump for Brittney.
Someone (or several someones) know where she is and what happened to her.

Brittney has a daughter who will grow up not knowing her mama is dead or alive unless this person(s) speaks out or Brittney is somehow miraculously stumbled upon. I think about how frustrating this is for us on this forum who don't even know Brittney to have no clue what has happend to her. Well, that is going to be her baby's LIFE everyday (and this is her mother, not a stranger) until someone comes forward.

I wish someone would just write an anonymous letter to LE telling them where to look...I am begging any "guests" out there who know where Brittney can be found to go to local library, type up an anonymous letter telling LE where to look, and send it in. Please! For her daughter!

Personally I think her daughter is in a better place with her father and grandparents all JMO.
Brit had already lost custody of her daughter soooo.

Personally I think her daughter is in a better place with her father and grandparents all JMO.

I agree she's better of where she is.

I just think one day she's gonna ask where her mama is, want to meet her, want to know more about her, etc and no on is gonna have the answers for where she is and what happened to her.

ETA: I hope Brittney's mom's side of the family isn't eventually granted visitation or anything. IMO, the child is way better off having nothing to do with her maternal family members.

BBM - Eileen, could you provide a link for the bolded part? I remember talk about this early on, but I don't remember that Britt had actually lost custody.
(My link source is currently under the weather).

I agree that P is in a better place with her father's family.

I just think one day she's gonna ask where her mama is, want to meet her, want to know more about her, etc and no on is gonna have the answers for where she is and what happened to her.

ETA: I hope Brittney's mom's side of the family isn't eventually granted visitation or anything. IMO, the child is way better off having nothing to do with her maternal family members.

Wally has posted comments within the last month on WKRG and Fox10 web sites that CW has not even contacted P since Britt went missing.

Court tomorrow for Dustin, Wendy goes Thursday!

This is one of the situations where I'd physically pay (not that I can afford it) for this father and child to LEAVE AL and go on. I'm adopted from 9 months forward. My mother killed herself (my father was blamed), my dad died of a heroin overdose a few months later. I never ever wasn't told of them or their legacy of who they are, but again my situation is a tad different.

P will miss her mom. I miss my bio parents and never remember anything, but I seek them out. She's lucky to have her father and as a good parent he can choose to leave out the torrid details until she's mature enough to have coping skills. There's a process she'll go through; the grief, the remorse, the anger (and that lingers forever) and then reality.

People can say what they want about her NOT being better off, nothing proves otherwise. I am better off without my bio parents, for all I know I would have began walking and stepped on a needle - because junkies and more so the 70's didn't exactly keep a clean house. I'm in my mid 30's and still coping with the loss, it doesn't go away but if she (payton) has a strong father and people who surround her without the gritty details, she will be OK There will be bumps along the way, but she'll be OK. She could grow up to be an advocate!

I'm still trying to make people understand my mom killed herself and not the way the media portrays but hey.. everyone likes a murder mystery.

Wally has posted comments within the last month on WKRG and Fox10 web sites that CW has not even contacted P since Britt went missing.

Court tomorrow for Dustin, Wendy goes Thursday!

Hopefully means more articles. Dustin has multiple counts in multiple jurisdictions. Do you know which ones these are?

Additional facts/information came out with the other hearings. Hope that is the case here as well.

MOBILE, Alabama – The uncle of missing Mobile teenager Brittney Wood forced a different relative to have sex four years ago while the victim’s father watched, a police detective testified today.

Sgt. Scott Congleton of the Mobile Police Department, testified at a preliminary hearing in Mobile County District Court that the sexual abuse occurred in 2008 when the girl was 13 years old. Congelton testified that the victim, now 17, did not come forward until the death of her father this summer and a subsequent high-profile search for Wood.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/testimony_mobile_man_raped_dau.html

Dustin Alton Kent's charges in Mobile County will proceed to the grand jury.

He [the judge] allowed Kent 36, to remain free on bail but ordered that he have no contact with the victim or children younger than 16 except for immediate relatives.

WTF?

Being an "immediate relative" in that family is clearly not a guarantee for one's safety.

I cannot believe how graphic that article was. Not to shame the author but my god. I read it because the title was written odd (the link I read). I wish I hadn't read it but then a part of me now sort of gathers what has been going on.

Put it this way, if Scott - the sisters (by all accounts, they ALL KNEW), Derek and let us not forget Donald JR were doing this, I have no mercy or words for these disgusting vile insufferable wastes. I'm now haunted with the image of the family all together taken after this happened (last year). That young lady lived in a house that operated around her.

The fear she must've felt. I can't even imagine. What a brave brave young woman to stand up for herself and testify in court. What a difficult age this was to have started and to have come forward. 13 and 17 are some crazy years growing up, to know she spent it unjoyfully is heart wrenching. I hope someone has sat her down and told her "They did not take your soul, your heart or your future. you are worth love. you will be loved always and this does not define you.".

Totally disgusted that he is allowed to be "free" on bail, when his victim will be chained for life to this horrible ordeal.

I'm so very sad for the juvenile victim. To have experienced this and not be protected by your own father. This is so unacceptable, I am speechless.

Sadly, based on today's information and the heartlessness of DHjr, I have completely lost hope of Brittney being found alive. There had better be justice for all this selfishness.

So I am hearing a lot of questions about probation and parole so I will explain how it works where I live (LA). Please keep in mind I can only tell my own experience and everyone's may vary. Background: I was 23 w no record, influential family, powerful fiancé, but I liked to play w drugs. I got involved w skeevy people and agreed to be a "lookout" for insurance fraud. I was caught and arrested and my bond was set at 125k (for 15k of attempted fraud and 9 felonies, they don't play in La!) I was released on my stepfather's recognizance and about 8 months later was sentenced to 3 years probation, 5 suspended. (And yes I recognize the disparity w sentencing but I really was not in that underworld, it was a screw up) My probation fees are $60 a month. I rarely get drug tested but I had been clean over 6mo at sentencing. My PO stops by once a month. Every visit I am sober, my home is clean and has some new piece of furniture of art, I am dressed to the nines and I am totally cooperative. Never been searched. He collects my rx copies (I take anxiety medication) and looks over my records to show I have been working ( I own a successful LLC) and we talk and joke. He is cool w me drinking (and on our first visit said I could "smoke, drink, and f- just don't break the law) I am on the lowest tier of supervision and as long as I pay my fees and restitution, my life is absolutely normal. I am up for early termination for good behavior after a year (late Nov) and he is recommending me. You'd never know if I didn't tell you, it rarely shows in backgrounds (my fam has "lost" tickets, DUIs, and other detritus before). Of course this is MY experience. I am a self supporting white woman in a luxury tower w no priors or addictions- you will see me on the society page at times. I don't give my PO shizz and he returns the favor. Also, my PO has much more dangerous/"still in the life" people to watch over, I am in downtown NOLA. In other experiences my co-dependent lives in a rural town- no job, lives in various men's trailers, selling and using drugs- who will most likely end up serving 5 years. Her PO made her go to substance abuse classes/recidivism prevention (I had neither and same judge) She has failed 3 drug tests and served a 90 day and another 30 day sanction. When I was on bond for a much higher amount I had no restrictions or drugs tests or ankle bracelets- but my background was much different. It is hard to say w the Woods/Kent cases what exactly their restrictions are but due to family and personal history I would imagine their experience is much different than mine. I also immediately confessed, lawyered up, and made it clear I was willing to do whatever it took to make things right. Something they are NOT doing from what I can see. After I am terminated my record will be expunged. But then again I never hurt a child and disclosed the locations I was aware of of the property I knew was stolen. I took personal responsibility and when you do, the law is extremely more lenient with you. I hope someone fesses up and takes their blame, but I doubt it. I also hope the sex ring is not treated as lenient as I was pre-trial. I only pray Britt is found and justice is served on her behalf to the highest extent of the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx