AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Simp. Every time I would read a comment about the "guests", I would feel a bit guilty, like I was misleading everyone. Now y'all can see why I would make a lousy criminal. I missed out on the act innocent gene. (-;

Red

:floorlaugh:
I guess I should apologize for thinking you were a "Wood". :floorlaugh:
Sorry:blushing:

:floorlaugh:
I guess I should apologize for thinking you were a "Wood". :floorlaugh:
Sorry:blushing:

Ewwwwww!
No offense to the innocents named Wood, but...umm...ah,...Ewwwwwwww! Simp, you have made an always-sign-in convert of me. Thank you for putting me on the straight and narrow. (-;

Skull, bones found by hunters sparks investigation

Forensics, anthropology being employed

Updated: Mon, 18 Feb 2013, 6:17 PM | Published: Mon, 18 Feb 2013, 12:28 PM

Snip- Investigators found four or five long bones in the vicinity of the skull and they’re believed to be either human arm or leg bones. All of the bones were turned over to the Baldwin County Coroner on Sunday.

At this time investigators don’t know if the person was thrown from the bridge, washed ashore with flood waters or died on site where the bones were found, but said they appear to have been there for at least a year. An anthropologist will look at the remains in the next few weeks to try and determine the race and sex of victim

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/investigators-puzzled-by-skull-find

If you haven't subscribed to the Unidentified thread on these remains, another quick way to find it is from the Baldwin County tag on this thread. FYI.

I wish I could have been at the search and am grateful to all who were there. I have always admired Brittney's step-mom's grace and class when dealing with a situation that has so many disgusting and off-putting variables and possibilities and characters- and her ability to hold it together when it must surely feel like the world is caving in around you.. And to the searchers, and all those who have watched and waited and checked google and websleuths every day only to grow more sad and frustrated by the lack of new info, I am among you all. And I do believe we will have answers. One day. There are just too many people involved and that old saying "if you tell just one person it's not a secret anymore" just resonates with me so much regarding her case.
Brittney I really hope you are out there alive and I don't care where you've been or what you've done, we all want you back. Yours was the first missing persons case that really touched my heart and raised my awareness and I wish I could tell you personally how your life has impacted mine.
JMO, as always :)

Skull, bones found by hunters sparks investigation

Forensics, anthropology being employed

Updated: Mon, 18 Feb 2013, 6:17 PM | Published: Mon, 18 Feb 2013, 12:28 PM

Snip- Investigators found four or five long bones in the vicinity of the skull and they’re believed to be either human arm or leg bones. All of the bones were turned over to the Baldwin County Coroner on Sunday.

At this time investigators don’t know if the person was thrown from the bridge, washed ashore with flood waters or died on site where the bones were found, but said they appear to have been there for at least a year. An anthropologist will look at the remains in the next few weeks to try and determine the race and sex of victim

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/investigators-puzzled-by-skull-find

My dh just showed me an article on this, and I said wow, I wonder if it is BW.

Bump for Brittney. I'm eager to hear some sort of update regarding the skull but, I'm just not feeling that this is Brittney. Just ready for some answers.

For a moment, entertaining the idea that BW is alive and in hiding:

What about the verbally pining ex-boyfriend who pumped a bullet into another ex, IIRC. Could BW, if alive, be hiding out with the verbally pining ex? Didn't he move to TX? Born again? Continued FB contact with CW and others? Expressed lots of pining for BW? [?code?] Expressed moving back to AL? ???

If she is in hiding, it would probably be for the same reason that the uncle killed himself.

So, if that was the case, she would likely stay in hiding.

"Nothing confirmed yet" -FB post yesterday on The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood, I assume from SH.

I don't understand why those remains had to go to Florida. Doesn't Alabama have an anthropologist? Do all remains found in Alabama have to be sent to Florida? That seems weird to me. I've been on a FL UID and they seem to have their own backlog problems there. I don't understand.

I don't understand why those remains had to go to Florida. Doesn't Alabama have an anthropologist? Do all remains found in Alabama have to be sent to Florida? That seems weird to me. I've been on a FL UID and they seem to have their own backlog problems there. I don't understand.

I don't understand either. University of Alabama has an anthropology program just like West Florida. Strange...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I take it, no new news on the remains that had been found?

Also, does anyone have any updates on upcoming court appearances/dockets?

TIA

Billy Brownlee has been released.

Attachments

• Brownlee.JPG
    Brownlee.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online