AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why those remains had to go to Florida. Doesn't Alabama have an anthropologist? Do all remains found in Alabama have to be sent to Florida? That seems weird to me. I've been on a FL UID and they seem to have their own backlog problems there. I don't understand.

This UofW Florida is in the next county over from Baldwin Co. AL. It's in Pensacola FL, so it not that far to take the remains to an anthropologist. Many kids attend college there and still live at home in AL.

This might be a gruesome question but in 6 or 8 months time would a body be decomposed to the point of just bones remaining ? If in water or land? I'm not sure how long the process takes. tia

There are alot of factors. The weather,animal access to remains,are the remains in a container and buried ? etc.

This might be a gruesome question but in 6 or 8 months time would a body be decomposed to the point of just bones remaining ? If in water or land? I'm not sure how long the process takes. tia

From what I understand from some friends that are/were forensic anthropology grad students, in the summer (which is when Brittney went missing) in hot, humid places like south Louisiana and south Alabama, a body can take as little as two weeks to skeletonize.

But as a poster above stated, things like placing a body in water, burying it versus leaving it out in the open, animals, wrapping the body in plastic, etc. can also effect decomp and how long it takes.

Sadly I almost hope it is her just so her REAL family can have some closure. I can't imagine how they feel but a definitive answer is far better than limbo.

No link yet but I was just watching our local Fox 10 news and they had breaking news that skeletal remains were found in Mobile County this afternoon. The remains appear to have been there for some time. As soon as they put the story in their web page I will link it here.

Maybe it's because I'm paying attention to this area more than I pay attention to any other, but there's been more than a handful of bodies turning up since Brittney went missing. I'm now intrigued enough to start looking at how many cold cases are in the area (and surrounding).

So there are now 2 sets of remains we are waiting on identification on? Has there been any indication if they're male or female at least?

There seems to be a lot of bodies turning up in this area!
Boo to Brownlee being out. I just can't understand it!

From the photo just posted, KlassKids are on the scene where remains were found. That says a lot to me. I wonder if we have finally found Brittney?

Wanting to make sure I'm pulling up the right area. The most recent discovery is almost exactly half way between Tillman's Corner and Grand Bay, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx