AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This waiting just sucks, I can't imagine how her loved ones must feel.

I know I kinda disappeared (just about as soon as I appeared) but I'm still around and worried for Brittney (and Payton, Stephanie, and Wallace as well). I stepped back from forums (and my blog, and pretty much all my online life, except for mind-numbing FB games) due to health issues.

I'm so disappointed in the MSM in Mobile. I feel that Brittney Wood (as well as Brittany Robinson and a few other people) need more coverage than they have received. Know that not all locals have forgotten about her. She is never far from my thoughts.

I'm glad that someone mentioned the possibility of the Old Pascagoula location (Dep Busby Rd) being in close proximity to Rangeline Road. I live in a different part of the county, but those used to be my "stomping grounds", for lack of a better term, as I lived in that area many moons ago. I had the same thought, when I heard where the Mobile County bones were ("Isn't that close to Rangeline?") and KNEW I had heard it mentioned somewhere, so have been making my way through all of Brittney's threads to try to find mention of it (Found it in a link, although I'm not finished with the threads yet). Sorry I can't quote the original source that brought this up in this thread, but it's been awhile since I've been on here and cannot remember how to do everything here.

I pray it's not Brittney, but hope her loved ones have some closure soon.

Idk if this has anything too do with it or not but thought i'd share just in case. If you go too brittney's old fb( aka *advertiser censored*). If you look at the map where it says places you've been/ slashed lived there is one place on the map and it is right by old pascagoula rd. Could just be a coincidence what do i no just thought i'd share!!

Whoa! great info.. thank you!

I hate that we don't even know if the skull off of Dep Busby Rd is a male or female yet. What is the reason to hold that info back? They know just by looking at its exterior if its male or female. Would be helpful to at least rule out a sex.

I'm hoping that the reason there is a delay is because it's Brittney and they are getting things in order for a press conference. I have no idea how these things work (obviously), but everyone else they've seemed to have some answer of a sort within 2 weeks. The wait here is odd to me, just as it seems to be to the rest of us.

When I read "Small" I think "child" :(

Idk if this has anything too do with it or not but thought i'd share just in case. If you go too brittney's old fb( aka *advertiser censored*). If you look at the map where it says places you've been/ slashed lived there is one place on the map and it is right by old pascagoula rd. Could just be a coincidence what do i no just thought i'd share!!

Britt marks that spot on both of her FBs as "places I've been/lived".
You can zoom in and see it's marked at Nicholson Dr/Belle Terrace Dr - just off Carol Plantation Road.

Here is a map to help you visualize that area of Carol Plantation Road in relation to Dep Busby and CW's.

A = Nicholson Dr/Belle Terrace Dr (off Carol Plantation Road)
B = Dep Busby Road
C = CW's

Attachments

• cpdbm.jpg
    cpdbm.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 41
I would love to know if this dump site is a known place with the Wood's family or if any of them have ever used it. Example, this is a place where so and so dumped old appliances, furniture, etc...I'm pretty confident no one on CW's side will admit to it right now, but I would really like to know if the Wood's family is familiar with these dumping grounds.

I know I kinda disappeared (just about as soon as I appeared) but I'm still around and worried for Brittney (and Payton, Stephanie, and Wallace as well). I stepped back from forums (and my blog, and pretty much all my online life, except for mind-numbing FB games) due to health issues.

I'm so disappointed in the MSM in Mobile. I feel that Brittney Wood (as well as Brittany Robinson and a few other people) need more coverage than they have received. Know that not all locals have forgotten about her. She is never far from my thoughts.

I'm glad that someone mentioned the possibility of the Old Pascagoula location (Dep Busby Rd) being in close proximity to Rangeline Road. I live in a different part of the county, but those used to be my "stomping grounds", for lack of a better term, as I lived in that area many moons ago. I had the same thought, when I heard where the Mobile County bones were ("Isn't that close to Rangeline?") and KNEW I had heard it mentioned somewhere, so have been making my way through all of Brittney's threads to try to find mention of it (Found it in a link, although I'm not finished with the threads yet). Sorry I can't quote the original source that brought this up in this thread, but it's been awhile since I've been on here and cannot remember how to do everything here.

I pray it's not Brittney, but hope her loved ones have some closure soon.

Welcome Back SemmesMom! I hope you're feeling better now. I posted about Rangeline Rd back in November. It was one of those places that kept coming up in the news re: Brittney. Here's what I posted back then:

Rangeline Road, for future reference only.

11/22/2012
"The search for missing teenager Brittney Wood has turned its focus to the Rangeline Road area."
"The 10 volunteers searched about 30 acres all with one mission: to find Brittney Wood. Hanke said the location is based on cell phone records of Brittney's late uncle, Donald Holland."

11/20/2012
"The Rangeline Road area was spotlighted by the Mobile Police Department, according to Dennis. Hanke said it is the same area where Wood's brother, Derek, removed his ankle monitor while running from police in October."

10/22/2012
"Congleton recounted the victim’s harrowing account of the 2008 incident. She told investigators that it occurred in September or October of that year, the detective said."
"He testified that the girl’s father, Donnie Holland, picked up his daughter and told her they would go to a pet store to buy a hamster. Instead, Congleton said, Holland drove to Kent’s workplace. The three of them then went to Shipyard Road near Rangeline Road off Interstate 10."

http://mobile.al.com/advmobile/db_/c...l=true#display
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/mobi...-brittney-wood

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #6

Thanks is not enough for putting that post together gliving. Appreciate it immensely.

Welcome Back SemmesMom! I hope you're feeling better now. I posted about Rangeline Rd back in November. It was one of those places that kept coming up in the news re: Brittney. Here's what I posted back then:

Rangeline Road, for future reference only.

11/22/2012
"The search for missing teenager Brittney Wood has turned its focus to the Rangeline Road area."
"The 10 volunteers searched about 30 acres all with one mission: to find Brittney Wood. Hanke said the location is based on cell phone records of Brittney's late uncle, Donald Holland."

11/20/2012
"The Rangeline Road area was spotlighted by the Mobile Police Department, according to Dennis. Hanke said it is the same area where Wood's brother, Derek, removed his ankle monitor while running from police in October."

10/22/2012
"Congleton recounted the victim’s harrowing account of the 2008 incident. She told investigators that it occurred in September or October of that year, the detective said."
"He testified that the girl’s father, Donnie Holland, picked up his daughter and told her they would go to a pet store to buy a hamster. Instead, Congleton said, Holland drove to Kent’s workplace. The three of them then went to Shipyard Road near Rangeline Road off Interstate 10."

http://mobile.al.com/advmobile/db_/c...l=true#display
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/mobi...-brittney-wood

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #6

I am feeling much better, thank you.

Rangeline road had stuck out in my mind, and then hearing of the bones being found off Old Pascagoula. Those aren't the areas I live in, but it just dawned on me that they were close in proximity, so I started reading through there, trying to find the Rangeline info.

Thank you all for not letting Brittney's story disappear.

I would love to know if this dump site is a known place with the Wood's family or if any of them have ever used it. Example, this is a place where so and so dumped old appliances, furniture, etc...I'm pretty confident no one on CW's side will admit to it right now, but I would really like to know if the Wood's family is familiar with these dumping grounds.

How could they not know!

Wasnt Derek caught near this place?

why was this place not searched way back when?
LE had to know about this area.

why was this place not searched way back when?
LE had to know about this area.

I wonder that very same thing. I'm guessing they did search, but without dogs. If she was "hidden", dogs would have found her. Anyone recall whether this area was searched and if dogs were used in this area?

A couple of comments on the Hometown Search page for Brittney, say that the remains found on old pascaogoula are not Brittney, but belong to a black male (info is supposedly from Chessie). I can't find a report yet that confirms this.

I wonder that very same thing. I'm guessing they did search, but without dogs. If she was "hidden", dogs would have found her. Anyone recall whether this area was searched and if dogs were used in this area?

One news article -- forgive me, I forget which one, but it was a t.v. station -- reported that it was as if the person who dumped her there did nothing in an attempt to hide her.

SH just commented 30 secs ago that she is in CLOSE contact with detectives. They have not confirmed the sex and they have not speculated the remains are a black male.

ETA - I should indicate SH is referring to the remains found on Deb Busby Rd.

It seems as though everytime a body / remains are found chessie seems too no before anyone else that its not brittney. This leads me too only one conclusion chessie know's exactly where brittney is at.

SH just commented 30 secs ago that she is in CLOSE contact with detectives. They have not confirmed the sex and they have not speculated the remains are a black male.

I thought that was the other case, the older skull under the bridge with the gun shot wound in the head. I thought that they speculated that that person was a black male. From what I've read, they've only said that the remains found in March were "small" and that the skull and teeth were in good condition.

ETA: "They" meaning LE

Speaking from personal experience (I've been on a few searches looking for Brittney), it's honestly one of the most overwhelming things I've ever been a part of. It's seriously like 'looking for a needle in a haystack'. No the area on Dep Busby Rd has not been searched and to my knowledge hasn't been discussed as an area of interest. On the searches I have a been a part of, I would catch myself stopping and just looking around thinking, 'holy crap, she could be anywhere'. There are lots more of areas just like the one off of Dep Busby Rd that haven't been searched and honestly probably aren't even known about by many people. Also, it's very possible that Brittney will be found in a place that has already been searched. Frankly, I get depressed some days just thinking about it. I'm praying for answers soon on the remains that have been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx