AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be excruciating for her family!
There would be no problems using the dental records from 2008, unless Brittney has had some treatment done subsequently, especially something replacing existing restorations. It would be unlikely that she had any crowns- these are not normally done on people under 18, and Brittney looks likes she had, (oh, no!) pretty good teeth. (They are really expensive too, at least in Aust) I thought Brittney had an orthodontic appointment the week she went missing- if she has had ortho treatment, there would be extensive records- radiographs and models- which you would think wouldn't take long to match.

I just don't know what to do with myself... Her poor family.

(Whoever "chucked" this persons remains on a tip is absolutely disgusting)

It's all so sad with these bodies seemingly popping up everywhere. I do have one question for those close to the case. How was Brittney going to pay for her orthodontist appointment? As far as we knew she didn't have any income and orthodontic treatments are quite expensive. My dentist required money up front. Could this have been why she went to visit Uncle Donnie?

"Alabama Medicaid does not cover routine orthodontic care including braces unless considered medically necessary for children with cleft lip/palate and/or other severe facial and cranial abnormalities."
http://www.chacha.com/question/will-alabama-medicaid-pay-for-braces

It is possible since BW was under 18 in 2008, she was covered by a dental policy provided by her father WH or even SH.

Is it possible that if this is Britt, that the other skull found is also a victim of the same killer?

I don't think (even though she had a run in with meth) she was an "avid" meth user, it seemed more like pills - which cause cavities due to lack of saliva. If you're on Medicaid there is dental coverage to 18 and in some states even longer. Since she had a child (and maybe was on medicaid and WIC), she would have state health care (dentist, eye and medical). The problem is that many drug addicts will not see a dentist because they do not want to be detected, and it's also the last thing on their mind.

I thought about that also. She may have had medical and dental coverage during her pregnancy, but that usually ends with the six week checkup post-birth. I don't think she would qualify for medicaid unless she has a disability we are unaware of.

Hi a.allison,

Welcome to Websleuths!

In my opinion, Brittney's case did not receive much media attention because LE (for whatever reason) refused to acknowledge BW involuntarily disappeared. Even with the surrounding rape cases and uncle Donnie Holland committing suicide with her gun, LE claimed there was no connection. It has never made sense to me.

^^^I agree, the whole thing is an example of what LE shouldn't do when stuff like this happens (i.e. not acknowledging that it was an involuntary disappearance and claiming that there was no connection between the two "incidents" of her disappearance and DH's suicide). Granted I'm just becoming familiar with the case but I don't understand why in the world they didn't consider or acknowledge the fact that she had disappeared against her will.

^^^I agree, the whole thing is an example of what LE shouldn't do when stuff like this happens (i.e. not acknowledging that it was an involuntary disappearance and claiming that there was no connection between the two "incidents" of her disappearance and DH's suicide). Granted I'm just becoming familiar with the case but I don't understand why in the world they didn't consider or acknowledge the fact that she had disappeared against her will.

I agree. I'm conflicted on many things. Here's an article with several LE quotes. One quote is particularly interesting to me and I'd love to know why they place Brittney in Grand Bay at the time of Donnie's suicide attempt. It has to be more than cell phone records because in the same article LE discounts using them to place her at Styx River :waitasec::

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said. "We don’t have any reason to believe that Brittney is not alive and we are continuing to investigate this as missing person.”

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550

Be sure to read the Brittney Wood Social Media thread in the parking lot forum. And a big welcome to WS!

This seems to happen a lot, unfortunately. I think at least part of the reason may be money. A LOT of people go missing, and are found safe quite soon. For those who are victims of foul play, LE has to make sure it has enough evidence to ensure a successful prosecution. Limited budgets, you know? But the length of time it takes to ensure a successful prosecution means a lot of cases fall by the wayside, as vital evidence gets lost.

I don't know what the answer to the problem is though. And having said that, a person putting a bullet through their head just after Brittney went missing, with her gun....Well, it should have raised a flag. Or two, or three, imo.

Just popping in to say good morning. I haven't been on WS since last week but I have been in close contact with the friends I have made from here through Britt's case. I'm praying we have some answers soon. My initial reaction regarding the remains found was that it's Brittney. I've felt for a long time that Brittney is not with us any longer but when the remains were found, it was harder than I anticipated. Now, we have to just wait and see if this is really her. I can't help but wonder if we will ever know what happened that night after Donnie picked up Brittney.

Im still catching up on the thread, but this post brought tears to my eyes, Simp. If this is Brit, I have no doubt that she knows of her Angels at ws, you are surely one. My heart goes out to all of you that have searched and followed this case. You are all truly amazing people.

I agree. I'm conflicted on many things. Here's an article with several LE quotes. One quote is particularly interesting to me and I'd love to know why they place Brittney in Grand Bay at the time of Donnie's suicide attempt. It has to be more than cell phone records because in the same article LE discounts using them to place her at Styx River :waitasec::

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said. "We don’t have any reason to believe that Brittney is not alive and we are continuing to investigate this as missing person.”

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550

Be sure to read the Brittney Wood Social Media thread in the parking lot forum. And a big welcome to WS!

The parking lot thread is back? I can't find it anywhere. :(

The parking lot thread is back? I can't find it anywhere. :(

Haha, NotPenny.. I just went there too thinking I havent been there in a long time, what have I missed?

Its there for you to read, but its closed so we cant post there. :(

I checked in a few weeks back and there had been some bones found. Is this another set? I guess those earlier bones ( i might have been reading and it had been weeks prior to THAT that they were found) did get identified. I'm wondering if this family has just been ...... running amok for years and really eliminating people they thought might rat on them. This is the sickest and how many similar stories across the country are there. :(

Schmae, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there was a set of remains found earlier which were quickly identified as another lady, then there has been a skull found with a bullet wound, which CarlK suspects is a male.

More recently, another two sets of remains have been located, and one is very close to important locations in Brittney's case. None have been identified as yet.

I missed this when I first read the article:

"Sheriff Cochran told FOX10 the bones found off Dep Busby road are smaller in size."

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/mcso-continues-search-for-remains

I may be in the minority as it seems most believe her to be dead, but I refuse to give up the hope that perhaps Brittney made a new start for herself somewhere far away from her abusive family.

Smaller in size suggests this skull (Dep Busby Rd) is most likely female, unless the sheriff is specifically referring to the other bones found, which would point to the remains belonging to a child...

:seeya:
I removed a couple of posts. Let's save the political discussion for the political pavilion. TIA.

Has anyone heard any details of research searches? Also, super curious .. where the recent skeletal remains were found, were they located in an area that has ever been searched or on the radar for a search (either by the family, Klaas or even those here)? I again am just dumbfounded at the amount of BODIES turning up in this area. I am clueless geographically, so maybe it's a wide populated area. I "liked" the local news there (fox) to get updates and so it always reads as though it's so close to where she disappeared from.

I tend to think of her area as being the size of the city I'm currently residing in, and while we have a few unsolved homicides (one that I know of is posted here.. the body has not been found); Im not sure if Brittney's hometown or surrounding areas are that small.

Either way, it's scary to say the least. I am glad to read there are dental records on file, so happy for that. I know there aren't many upsides to this entire story but when it comes to "if she's deceased" there are medical records, DNA, the fact she's given birth so the pelvis will reflect that - she had tattoos. I know it's terrible or sad to think that way but it makes me hopeful that if she's out there, deceased, she can easily be identifiable by those medical aspects.

Something that did cross my mind, and please fill me in so I'm more aware; when her brother ran (cut off his bracelet) I know that many speculated on the reasons why but is the location of the recent remains anywhere near where any of his "running" took place? And I know he could NOT be responsible (he was in jail) but with how dedicated to deceit his maternal side is, I find it plausible that if he knew he may have at least went looking in the area he "heard" she was at but never told the right people aka authorities.

I've always stuck to the theory that if she is no longer with us, that it wasn't Donnie. Wendy is villainous to her own children, I could see her being without any remorse in hurting Brittney and with her knowing of her husband's situation and the way she wanted to save her own neck.. it's not too far fetched to believe she orchestrated so much to the point of his "suicide" and much more. I will always believe she (wendy) carries the entire truth of all these atrocities with her, as well as where Brittney is. While I can't stomach the thought of others being in the know too, there's a reason they are all sticking like glue and doing (in my opinion) very little to bring Brittney home, and get justice for the others involved that are victims. I've followed this case from the get go and what has unfolded is frustrating, I think so to many; because the paternal side of Brittney's family LOVES her and cares, they want the ability to have rights that Chessie has, because they WILL follow up and they will do everything above and beyond.

If this case has taught me anything it's the worst case scenario for so many reasons.

I am so happy that the community at Websleuths has kept this as close as they can to the top, and that google results bring people here. It keeps a case that seemed to just start out "cold" to the community locally as a very active case here. There's a wealth of information regarding Brittney's case here, and who knows who may know something/anything that will stumble upon this website by googling her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne