AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized we haven't posted a map that shows the location of the skeletal remains in relation to CW's house.
I noted a couple of other spots on the map:

A - Dep Busby Rd
B - Quimby/Marle (CW/DK)
C - Dozier Lane (Meth House)
D - Grand Bay Truck Stop

Attachments

• Map1.JPG
    Map1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 57
Thanks for the map ChattyWoman. I followed Dep Busby Rd with Google street view. If I have the right place, it's basically an isolated dirt road overgrown with brush and very few houses. At the very end is a small dump with plastic bags and trash. It makes me feel that it would have to be someone familiar with the area because it's not a place one just happens upon.

7032 Dep Busby Rd THEODORE, AL 36582 - Google Maps

Where is this in relation to Rangeline Road where Donnie and Dustin took their victim? TIA

I just realized we haven't posted a map that shows the location of the skeletal remains in relation to CW's house.
I noted a couple of other spots on the map:

A - Dep Busby Rd
B - Quimby/Marle (CW/DK)
C - Dozier Lane (Meth House)
D - Grand Bay Truck Stop

So I don't know a whole lot about cell phone towers, etc., but because Brittney had just gotten a new phone, her's may have pinged off of the tower near the truck stop, while Donnie's phone, in the same location, may have pinged off of the tower near Tillman's Corner. The site of the remains seems to be exactly halfway between these two towns. Different phone service providers = pings off of different towers, wouldn't one think? This is assuming that Brittney's new phone was with a different provider than Donnie's. Even if if was the same provider, though, couldn't the phones have just pinged off two different nearby towers even though they were at the same location?

Thank you so much for this map, ChattyWoman!

Thanks for the map ChattyWoman. I followed Dep Busby Rd with Google street view. If I have the right place, it's basically an isolated dirt road overgrown with brush and very few houses. At the very end is a small dump with plastic bags and trash. It makes me feel that it would have to be someone familiar with the area because it's not a place one just happens upon.

Where is this in relation to Rangeline Road where Donnie and Dustin took their victim? TIA

I agree that this isn't a place one just happens upon. Whoever dumped her there knew the place well, IMO.

I'm new to WS and new to Brittney's case but I'm sort of a local, well not really but close enough. I live in South Mississippi about an hour or an hour and 15 minutes west of Mobile.

This poor girl has been missing for 9 months now and I haven't heard a word about it. Sure, I'm an hour away but around here if someone goes missing in NOLA or Alabama, we hear about it. Granted I do have 2 toddlers and my head might have been buried in a never ending diaper changing session when it was broadcast but I check in on our local news facebook and website daily to stay updated and never saw anything.

I'm praying for Brittney's return, whichever way it comes, so that her "family" (I use that term loosely) will be able to have closure.

Welcome to WS and to BW's case. ( I have only been a member for almost a year) This case is shocking and heartbreaking.

Waiting on the news is bittersweet. I will admit, I'm one of the only people convinced that she possibly may have been able to have gotten away from them safe and alive.

Someone asked a pick up truck in this case. Didn't the minor victim charge that she raped by DH or her father's truck?

My heart and prayers are with Brittney. If that was her under that scrap metal heep ( in her own town) many more people should be held accountable IMOO including LE.

It was me who asked about the pickup, because I was thinking the body could have been disguised by other trash, and the perp took it to a place where dumping trash wouldn't arouse suspicion.

I think it is horrible though. Absolutely horrible. Those pictures......It's someone, and I feel for them, but I can't help hoping it's not Brittney. That final indignity would be too much, it really would.

MOD NOTE: The subject of this thread is Brittney Wood. When the discussion begins to veer off course, moderators will take measures to steer it back, including the removal of off topic posts. That's a fact across this entire board.

If a post has been removed, it's a pretty strong indication that the mod had a good reason, and the poster should move on to a different topic. If the reason is unclear, ask the mod in a pm.

“Off-Topic” Posts:

OTPs are posts that do not relate to the original post/topic, or are placed in the wrong category. While we realize threads often expand into different topics, we encourage members to do their best to stick with the original topic, or start another thread. Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended.
Other good sections to read:

"I am leaving WS" threads

Attacking WS Moderators & Administrators:

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Idk if this has anything too do with it or not but thought i'd share just in case. If you go too brittney's old fb( aka *advertiser censored*). If you look at the map where it says places you've been/ slashed lived there is one place on the map and it is right by old pascagoula rd. Could just be a coincidence what do i no just thought i'd share!!

I agree that this isn't a place one just happens upon. Whoever dumped her there knew the place well, IMO.

I'm still holding onto hope that it's not Brittney. But you are right. This isn't someone from another state exiting off the interstate looking for a place to dump a body. It's someone who knows how secluded this place is. From Google street view, there are only a couple of houses or turn-off places on the entire road.

"Investigators were called to an area on Dep Busby Road off Old Pascagoula Road after a man looking for scrap metal discovered the bones."

http://www.local15tv.com/news/custo...-Secluded-Area-in/dsTzH605ZkafVUBVsspYTg.cspx

I guess by "scrap metal" they must mean aluminum cans. Because as I google street-viewed up and down the road, there were no heaps of metal like car parts or appliances. Maybe this is a local party place known for beer cans? Then again I think of Billy Brownlee being released just a few days before this body discovery. Coincidence? Did he rat someone out? Is he working on a plea deal? :jail: MOO

Rangeline and Ship Yard Road - roughly 10 miles, 20-25 minutes to Dep Busby.

Attachments

• Map2.JPG
    Map2.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 32
Here are a few pics from a virtual walk down Dep Busby:

Attachments

• OPatDP.jpg
    OPatDP.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 50
  • dp1.JPG
    dp1.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 47
  • dp2.jpg
    dp2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 45
  • dp3.JPG
    dp3.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 47
A couple more...

Attachments

• dp4.JPG
    dp4.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 33
  • dp5.jpg
    dp5.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 32
  • dp6.jpg
    dp6.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 40
So I don't know a whole lot about cell phone towers, etc., but because Brittney had just gotten a new phone, her's may have pinged off of the tower near the truck stop, while Donnie's phone, in the same location, may have pinged off of the tower near Tillman's Corner. The site of the remains seems to be exactly halfway between these two towns. Different phone service providers = pings off of different towers, wouldn't one think? This is assuming that Brittney's new phone was with a different provider than Donnie's. Even if if was the same provider, though, couldn't the phones have just pinged off two different nearby towers even though they were at the same location?

Thank you so much for this map, ChattyWoman!

Hmmm... You might be onto something Penny. CityData should give a list of towers in the areas of concern & also provide the range of each tower. The strength is usually given as well.

I hate that we don't even know if the skull off of Dep Busby Rd is a male or female yet. What is the reason to hold that info back? They know just by looking at its exterior if its male or female. Would be helpful to at least rule out a sex.

LE Did say the bones were small so that's a good indication of it being a female. MOO

~Team Brittney~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member