AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ChattyWoman, for the "welcome" and for the link. Certainly an oversight on my part. I suppose it also corroborates Chessie's alleged conversation with Brittney regarding sexual abuse before going to see her uncle, and that Brittney may have had prior knowledge of the investigation. And likewise... Donald Holland may have heard it thru the grapevine as well. This info may change the dynamic a bit. I originally thought she went there for drugs/money and he ended up probably raping her but definitely killing her. Did she go to warn him? Inform him? Bribe him? Threaten him? Kill him? This adds more possible scenarios. Especially if she felt her own daughter were being threatened.

Also... does anyone know if they've searched the area around the place where they (Donald, Wendy, and their children), drove back to sometime Friday morning? Wendy said they all drove back and she dropped Donald off at home, then the kids with someone else, then she alone went back home to find that Donald has shot himself. I think that's correct? Why not just everyone go straight home? Because they needed to dispose of a body? They needed to talk? They obviously needed to do something without kids. Certainly he had taken and transported Brittney's gun (proof that they made contact if she in fact carried it with her at all times), perhaps he or Wendy transported her body somewhere that's not within the normal search perimeter.

DH was aware of the investigation. It had been ongoing for four months. He wasn't allowed to live at home with Wendy and the kids.
KlaasKids searched a 5 mile radius of the cell pings at Styx River.
Uncle Scott and a friend of his searched (I don't know to what extent), and handed out flyers in the Grand Bay area. It's my understanding the area where DH shot himself was searched as well.
Hope this helps.

Thank You Everybody for posting what happened this week. I got to see the video, which was one big laughing matter for some, and then CW looking frazzled. The sex offenders are so jovial when facing serious charges.

Several posters have made reference to Scott lately. IIRC he was actively involved in searching for Brittney before he was arrested.

Several posters have made reference to Scott lately. IIRC he was actively involved in searching for Brittney before he was arrested.

He just seems to have faded into the background. I remember discussing his geocaching activities at the start of this. Geocaching is not always easy! IMO, Someone who can hide and find as many of those as he has, well..... a person like that would be good at hiding/finding Brittney. JMO!

He just seems to have faded into the background. I remember discussing his geocaching activities at the start of this. Geocaching is not always easy! IMO, Someone who can hide and find as many of those as he has, well..... a person like that would be good at hiding/finding Brittney. JMO!

Hes a gamer!
they are good at that kind of stuff I think Scott is the smart one of the bunch but i dont think he hurt BW. JMO

I think this entire family knows where BW is and I do not think she is deceased.

I think it was mentioned that homeless shelters would probably be aware, but what about rehab facilities? Does anyone think she could have checked herself in under a false name? I am not familiar with how they operate. Does anyone think she WOULD?

BW's is one of the few cases where I see valid reasons for her to vanish.

Sorry, MrsTigglesworth, I can't help you with your question.

I think this entire family knows where BW is and I do not think she is deceased.

I see you post that same statement very often. I'm curious about your opinion and hoping you might be able to share your reasons for thinking that with us.

Her entire world, all of her family & friends that she has ever known are within a 20 mile radius.

Where do you suppose she is or they are hiding her?

How did they transport her to wherever she is?

How would they pay for her living expenses over the past 7 to 8 months?

Do you think anyone in her family has seen or spoken to her in the past 7 or 8 months?

Me too Eileen. I think Brittney took off to some place like South Dakota. Assumed a new identity and never looked back. Smartest thing she ever did.

Not sure the entire family knows, but they sure aren't out there looking for her, are they!

Or do they know she's dead and buried within 20 miles of her home?

She very well could be alive, but the only reason that makes me think that is that her brothers don't seem as upset (as far as I can see) with her being gone as one would think. They don't snatch the others out either for what they've done to help find britt.
As for money and how to get it....selling drugs or other things could be an option for her.

Although how long can someone stay missing without someone else ratting them out?

I find it curious that you think her family knows where she is. What is it about this family that would lead you to believe that? And what would be the motive for hiding her?

I find it curious that you think her family knows where she is. What is it about this family that would lead you to believe that? And what would be the motive for hiding her?

<modsnip> She is the common link to them all. She was with DH alot and I think she had knowledge and was possibly
witness to everything that went on with this band of men. DH and his BW what were they up to? DRUGS I dont think he hurt her but did tell her it would be best for her to vanish or face going to jail.

These charges did not just pop upp overnight they have been lurking there for some time and it was time to face the piper.
She lost custody of her child had no job.

He family were not frantically looking for her. They have way to many stories of that evening...

Now if DH had not killed himself that day would we be looking for BW?
IMO they didnt think DH would have done what he did.

DH is dead and BW is missing and the rest are laughing in court!

She is alive out there.

JMO

This family had no money to look for BRIT but could afford getting ppl out of jails
and lawyers etc.

To protect their husbands and sons. Seems to me the daughters in this family
Are used and abused the women are brainwashed. Then need to save the men!

I dont feel Chessie was close with BW not close at all Chessie had her own thing going on. BW seemed to roam visiting friends and hanging out with uncle DH. CW keeps saying the baby keeps asking where mom is when mom didnt even have custody. They are trying to paint a rosier picture than what it is.

I think Drugs ruled this household.

There was a phone call that evening Cw never told LE about.
CW said he left to go to friends house then said went to visit her uncle.

No one is looking for this girl.

I think LE believes she is out there tooo.

JMO

<modsnip> She is the common link to them all. She was with DH alot and I think she had knowledge and was possibly
witness to everything that went on with this band of men. DH and his BW what were they up to? DRUGS I dont think he hurt her but did tell her it would be best for her to vanish or face going to jail.

These charges did not just pop upp overnight they have been lurking there for some time and it was time to face the piper.
She lost custody of her child had no job.

He family were not frantically looking for her. They have way to many stories of that evening...

Now if DH had not killed himself that day would we be looking for BW?
IMO they didnt think DH would have done what he did.

DH is dead and BW is missing and the rest are laughing in court!

She is alive out there.

JMO

BBM It was reported that Brittney told her mom she was going to visit a friend, but that friend told LE that Brittney was going to visit her uncle, DH.

She told her family she was going to visit friends. But her last cell phone transmission happened less than a mile from this rural area where her uncle reportedly had a home near the Styx River. Now she reportedly told her friends that she was visiting her uncle there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/11/ijvm.01.html

Maybe I missed something or not remembering everything correctly. I can't see that the stories of the night Brittney was last seen have changed repeatedly.
Was there something other than this?

MOO DH had been under investigation for four months. Something happened that night or the next day to push him over the edge to suicide. I'm not an expert in suicide, but I just don't think a person who is capable of killing himself sits around thinking, 'I'll wait til it's jail time, then I'll off myself'.

I do not believe DH killed Brittney, but I do believe someone did.
I do not believe DH sent her away - if he did, he could have easily gone with her instead of killing himself.
JMO

To protect their husbands and sons. Seems to me the daughters in this family
Are used and abused the women are brainwashed. Then need to save the men!

I dont feel Chessie was close with BW not close at all Chessie had her own thing going on. BW seemed to roam visiting friends and hanging out with uncle DH. CW keeps saying the baby keeps asking where mom is when mom didnt even have custody. They are trying to paint a rosier picture than what it is.

I think Drugs ruled this household.

There was a phone call that evening Cw never told LE about.
CW said he left to go to friends house then said went to visit her uncle.

No one is looking for this girl.

I think LE believes she is out there tooo.

JMO

BBM

Levy added the MPD has not received any information to indicate Wood is forcibly being held captive and said friends and family has been cooperative, although they have provided some "questionable” information.

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.
http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1

LE did not say that CW received a call or heard from Brittney after she left. Only that "a family member" heard from her after she left.
That call could have been to....(any member in her family). We've all heard about the frantic actions by one to delete things from DH's cell phone.

Lagniappe is not a very good source in my opinion, but it was the first one I found that addressed this comment made by LE.

I believe SOME of her family know exactly where she is and what happened to her and had a hand in her demise. I believe SOME of her family are more dedicated to finding her than others. I believe she is no longer alive. I believe that drugs were more important to her brother when he got out of jail than anything else. I believe some (one in particular) family members were bailed out of jail by their wealthy parents...The Woods are not wealthy people....but that can't be discussed.
I believe LE knows she is out there somewhere...finding her remains is the question.

MOO

And Randall Scott Wood goes quietly into the background yet again. I wonder if he's working out a deal in the background in exchange for testimony. Seen lots of the others but even on this occasion, not much.

I agree Scott seems to be gliding under the radar and I hope someone is talking in the background to help find Brittney! He was very close to DH and their kids.
IIRC would stay with DH in Styx River and at DH's house in Fairhope. He does seem like the one in the family that has it together....except he also has the rape/sodomy/incest charges just like the others.

Last Thursday, Brittney Wood told family members she was headed to this house near Styx River to see her uncle Donnie. Donnie Wood returned home near Fairhope on Friday and shot himself. Brittney hasn't been heard from since.

"Her uncle has committed suicide and supposedly he was the last one she was with and so we're worried about that," says Hanke. "I'm hoping to God and I really don't think he would hurt my baby," says Brittney's mother.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/07/t-ar-3936400

This was from day one on websleuths the first thread page one.
CW says she does not believe he DH would hurt her baby.

I mean come on.
She knew her daughter was hanging out with Donnie. A child molester.
they knew all these charges were comming they didnt just happen the day before.
Im sure this had been a topic for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper