AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank y'all for putting your time and money out there to search for Brittney when the majority of her own blood don't seem to care. She is extremely lucky to have you on her team :)

We were not confronted by any alligators today so I don't have video footage. However, hubby did have to check me for ticks when I got home. No video footage of that either. (thank goodness)

No alligators but I will admit I and my hubby did have one tick each crawling up our jeans and even though they were baby ticks they were still disgusting!! I am very thankful we didn't bring any critters home with us even though I have felt them crawling on me all day. I would rather deal with gators!!! Good search guys!!! I am honored to be a part of it!:blushing:

A big fat thank you to the searchers- amazing job!
I admit, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the photo of that skull. (Which hasn't happened before when other bodies have been found in the area) So sad, someone died frightned, at another's hand, and their remains discarded like rubbish.
It is so hard to know what to wish for sometimes!

When I saw that Facebook update of a private search I knew it was y'all. :D great job!!!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

For what it's worth, I was looking kind of closely at the photo of the skull and there appears to be what looks like green moss growing on it, it looks like maybe these remains may have been submerged or partially submerged at some point and I'm pretty sure that this location would be intermittently flooded by the river so I don't think you can judge how long it's been there by the plant growth because when the river got up that high it would knock down the plant growth only to have it spring back in dry weather. This would also explain the the green moss as algae- not moss. I'm going to go out on a limb and say in my opinion these remains are too old and this is NOT going to be Brittney. (Which of course just automatically increased the odds that IS her by about a gazillion%) Also, earlier when Bessie mentioned "execution style" (and I agree that is what made me take second harder look at the skull in first place) I started looking at missing people around the area and there are several missing people from a bit earlier than Brittney, like around '08 or '09 whose disappearances would seem like the sorts of situations that could end with 'executions'.
Not that any of this helps one way or the other though so we wait.

I have my reservations for the same reasons. It does appear to be an execution style shot. It goes along with my opinion the bullet came from a high caliber weapon. I would guess a .45 rather than the .25 Brittney was known to carry. The one that mysteriously ended up in Holland's hands :eek:uch:.

Obviously this thread is Brittney's not Paige's, but I thought I'd post here for the locals so that we're all aware that Paige isn't a candidate for the remains found this weekend in case people haven't read the other thread. Glad she was found alive and seemingly well! I love a happy ending.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2013/feb/17/missing-woman-found-ar-5617347/

Good news about Paige being found alive. Hungry for good news these days.

I think it is great some of you are doing your own searches. Yikes, it doesn't sound like easy territory to search. Baby tics sounds horrible, but maybe not as bad as those huge flying *advertiser censored* roaches. You are all such loving people.

Thinking about Brittney. Praying we will someday know what happened to her.

There is a thread for this UID in the Unidentified forum. I posted my observations there (with a caveat that I am not an anthropologist). So this is just an non-expert observation. I don't think this is a white female. I think that it is a black male.

From what little I can see in the photos, I am guessing that this is a black male. I am guessing black based on the rectangular orbits, and male based on the brow ridge and strongly defined cheekbone. The cranial sutures are still very much visible, so I would say the victim is relatively young (or at least not elderly).

I see two black males on my list from Mobile Alabama, both of whom have narratives that fit with the circumstances of this UID.

virgin_marcus.jpg
brown_tamborah3.jpg

Marcus Virgin http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/virgin_marcus.html
Tamborah Brown http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brown_tamborah.html

Just looking at the strong cheekbones, I am going with Tamborah.

Edgar A. Powe is a strong possibility too. Rumor has it that he was murdered, and his body thrown in Mobile Bay.

powe_edgar.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/powe_edgar.html

There is a thread for this UID in the Unidentified forum. I posted my observations there (with a caveat that I am not an anthropologist). So this is just an non-expert observation. I don't think this is a white female. I think that it is a black male.

Thanks!!!! Cool info!!

re:BBM - Oh we know who you are...only the :angel: for the unidentified. :hug:

I have my reservations for the same reasons. It does appear to be an execution style shot. It goes along with my opinion the bullet came from a high caliber weapon. I would guess a .45 rather than the .25 Brittney was known to carry. The one that mysteriously ended up in Holland's hands :eek:uch:.

I agree with you about the .45. and isn't that an ENORMOUS exit wound on the right side about where the ear would've been? It's huge. HAD to be a .45. Which really kind of goes against my theory of it being a gang related execution because they have a strong preference to 9mm. But, if it was a gun given to them to do a job and toss then who knows.

These are 2 of the same guys I had in mind also. I think your right about it being a black male. It's a little hard to judge but this skull "feels" like it's just way to big (and way to old) to be Brittaney. There is something about the shape of the cap of the skull that says male to me as well as the area under the eyes that forms the bridge of the nose.
If I had to guess, I'd say this is going to be Tamborah Brown.

Gosh dang it I just want Brittney found. Poor girl to be amongst these kind of folks.

Hi:seeya: Iam new to websleuths and just wanted to say iam glad too be here!! I wanna see brittney get the justice she deserves!!

Thank you, ChattyWoman, and all others who have searched for Brittney. You are her :angel2:.

The universe will not forget what you are doing for someone you've never met. You surely are earning yourself some good karma & that good will come back to you.

:yourock:

ktgirl - Thank you for the kind words, but that :angel2: title belongs to Steph...Britt's stepmom. I'm certain that Simp and RollTideMom would agree.
The search would not have been possible without the help of Steph and Wally. They are passionate and very dedicated to bringing Brittney home, and seeking justice for her - no matter how long it takes - they are in it for the long haul.

ktgirl - Thank you for the kind words, but that :angel2: title belongs to Steph...Britt's stepmom. I'm certain that Simp and RollTideMom would agree.
The search would not have been possible without the help of Steph and Wally. They are passionate and very dedicated to bringing Brittney home, and seeking justice for her - no matter how long it takes - they are in it for the long haul.

I definitely agree!! I am so happy to have witnessed their passion for bringing Brittney home. They really are heartfelt people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas