DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6/3/13: Timeline: The search for [BW] hits the one-year mark
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/05/timeline_the_search_for_brittn.html

[Maj. A. Lowery, spokesman for the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office]

July 20, 2012: The gun used in [DH]'s suicide is reported to belong to [BW],
however, Lowery has since denied the connection. [RBBM]

Could someone please explain the current thought on the ownership of the gun, in other words ...

1. Why does Lowery now "den[y] the connection" of the gun belonging to BW?

2. Who does Lowery now believe/state owned the gun?

3. @ Steph - Who have you been told owned the gun and who told you that info?

4. @ Steph - Independent of question 3, who do you think owned the gun and why?

TIA

BBM

1 & 2. ? We have never spoken to BCSO about who they believed the gun belonged to they seem to go along with Chessie's story of it being Britt's gun

3. I was told by Chessie and only one of Britt's friends that Brittney owned the gun.

4. I have no idea who owned the gun as I never saw or heard mention of it until 6/2/12. I assumed like most people that it was Brittney's.

We were also told by Chessie that the gun came back unregistered. I have yet to find out what exactly that means.

Yes, the evening of 5/30 around 6 pm she called an orthodontist's office. I called and verified it myself being that they were closed she didn't make an appt but the had record of her calling wanting to talk to someone and they tried to call her back on 5/31. Also one of her friends that was on her phone record for that day said Britt called her and asked her for the # as that's where she received her braces. Brittney hated her teeth ALWAYS talked about wanting to get braces to me and any one else that would listen.
To me that helps prove that Britt was not "planning" on leaving the area. Thanks for answering my question.

The whole braces & call to the orthodontist thing strikes me as very strange.

It's not the fact that Brittney wanted them & talked about getting them constantly that I find strange. I'm a decade older than Brittney and got braces put on recently. What strikes me as strange is how a 19 year old single mom who's working part-time as a cashier at Food Lion could even begin to think she could afford braces, unless she had ZERO other expenses. I'm assuming that Brittney didn't have dental/orthodontic insurance through her job (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Even with the insurance we have through my husband's job, it was still two down payments (one of $250 and one of $500) when I had my impressions and then had the braces put on, plus a little less than $150/mo until I get them off. That's with the insurance paying a decent portion of the cost (I didn't get them until my husband recently got this insurance for that very reason). This payment plan is also a no interest plan, BTW. Braces are EXPENSIVE.

My understanding of Brittney's life (hopping from place to place, no place of her own, no car of her own, always looking for rides, family unable to get reward and bail monies together, etc.) leads me to believe that it would have been extremely difficult for her or her family who have other small children to provide for to come up with $750 in down payments, even broken down into two payments like I was able to do. (And I'm not saying that with any judgment; I would not have been able to get braces for myself at 19 & couldn't even do so last year. Please don't think I'm bashing Britt in any way here. I also really identify with wanting braces badly and hating your smile).

Maybe Brittney truly had no concept of how much braces were going to cost? Maybe her friend didn't pay for her/his own braces or Britt never asked her/him how much they'd cost? (I was shell-shocked at my free consultation but I knew well before that I couldn't afford it without the insurance.)

Or maybe she was told by someone that she was going to be coming into some money for doing or not doing something? And since she always wanted braces & talked about it, that was the first thing she planned to do when she got money. (Note: I don't think Brittney was paid a huge sum by someone - they may have promised to do so but didn't.)

Is it possible this was a gift of some sorts that she was anticipating and someone asked her to call around and make the appointment, get the invoice of cost and they would give her $ for it? I agree it's rather odd if she didn't have much of an income. Ive always speculated that she had other sources of income but nothing has ever led me do more than speculate. I paid for my own braces 14 years ago for purely cosmetic (no straightening was actually needed.. hard to explain) reasons. I had ceramic brackets with the snap in place wire. I paid 4,200. I had no insurance or loan for this. I paid half in cash and monthly payments (I can't recall how much that was). I have no idea the cost now, but most people get invisialign and I do know that is 3,200 where I live.

/random

Assuming Donnie's death was a suicide...
He must have at least been thinking about it the night Brittney visited. LE said that the two of them were using their telephones for four hours that night, both texts and conversation. Who was Donnie talking too, and what about? I try to imagine whom I might be telephoning at that point in my life, and really can only think of close family, but no one has really said that they heard from him that night, it doesn't make sense?

I am struggling too with Brittney being "mates" with Donnie, after the facebook disclosures, and, (if LE is right about her being a victim of DH too, and her brother) her own experiences. I understand that he may have been useful in terms of providing drugs, and or money, but it seems incredibly unlikely that she actually liked him....

Steph, did Brittney talk much about the future? What she was going to do in terms of living arrangements, did she think that one day her little girl might live with her again, did she talk about what she might end up doing for a living?

The whole braces & call to the orthodontist thing strikes me as very strange.

It's not the fact that Brittney wanted them & talked about getting them constantly that I find strange. I'm a decade older than Brittney and got braces put on recently. What strikes me as strange is how a 19 year old single mom who's working part-time as a cashier at Food Lion could even begin to think she could afford braces, unless she had ZERO other expenses. I'm assuming that Brittney didn't have dental/orthodontic insurance through her job (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Even with the insurance we have through my husband's job, it was still two down payments (one of $250 and one of $500) when I had my impressions and then had the braces put on, plus a little less than $150/mo until I get them off. That's with the insurance paying a decent portion of the cost (I didn't get them until my husband recently got this insurance for that very reason). This payment plan is also a no interest plan, BTW. Braces are EXPENSIVE.

My understanding of Brittney's life (hopping from place to place, no place of her own, no car of her own, always looking for rides, family unable to get reward and bail monies together, etc.) leads me to believe that it would have been extremely difficult for her or her family who have other small children to provide for to come up with $750 in down payments, even broken down into two payments like I was able to do. (And I'm not saying that with any judgment; I would not have been able to get braces for myself at 19 & couldn't even do so last year. Please don't think I'm bashing Britt in any way here. I also really identify with wanting braces badly and hating your smile).

Maybe Brittney truly had no concept of how much braces were going to cost? Maybe her friend didn't pay for her/his own braces or Britt never asked her/him how much they'd cost? (I was shell-shocked at my free consultation but I knew well before that I couldn't afford it without the insurance.)

Or maybe she was told by someone that she was going to be coming into some money for doing or not doing something? And since she always wanted braces & talked about it, that was the first thing she planned to do when she got money. (Note: I don't think Brittney was paid a huge sum by someone - they may have promised to do so but didn't.)

I know most states cover medical and dental while you are under 22. & I believe if you qualify you can actually keep Medicade till your child turns 18. I'am not sure how it is for Alabama but it could be something like that.

I know most states cover medical and dental while you are under 22. & I believe if you qualify you can actually keep Medicade till your child turns 18. I'am not sure how it is for Alabama but it could be something like that.

We have something here called Allkids, it's a blue cross blue shield plan that is available for kids under 21 (I think, but it could be 18) whose parents do not qualify for medicaid but can not afford or do not have access to health insurance. They would have to meet the income requirements which are different than the requirements for medicaid, however Brittney may have already been covered by medicaid because she was likely already in the system from her pregnancy and the birth of her little one, then the medicaid coverage would've automatically extended to her child too. This is the most common situation I've seen young girls in when they have children without their own insurance or when due to their age their parents coverage for them carries a pregnancy rider. We have a really high rate of unwed teenage pregnancy here so this is very common, so common that most all of the ob/gyn docs around here accept medicaid, no clinic situations, you can pretty much choose your doc the same as you would with private insurance.

Most orthodontists will work out an affordable monthly payment plan and a $250 down payment or even $500 down payment is very affordable for a grocery store clerk. And Brittney does not appear to have had typical expenses like rent and a vehicle.

Most orthodontists will work out an affordable monthly payment plan and a $250 down payment or even $500 down payment is very affordable for a grocery store clerk. And Brittney does not appear to have had typical expenses like rent and a vehicle.

I didn't know Brittney had a job.

Steph, do you know if Brittney was ordered to pay child support? TIA!

:bump: Keeping Brittney on the first page.

Hve they been squeezing the creeps to see if they know anything about her disappearance? I can see DH doing it but i also imagine a situation with all that texting that someone comes down with the idea of getting rid of a problem and DH helps. Then he kills himself being afraid of the next day and the knowledge of brittyney which he feels will come out

It's also possible that she had just met the 1 year waiting period for company provided dental benefits that are usually available to anyone working 30 hours or more weekly. I am also constantly being solicited for dental insurance coverage thru my credit union banking that will pay half of all dental in one year and the premium is only about $20 a month.

Maybe I'm completely losing my mind and imagined that she worked as a cashier at Food Lion or some other grocery store.

I seem to remember her listing on her personal FB page that was where she worked. I can't find her FB page now, so maybe I imagined it. (Sorry if I did.)

ETA: Food Lion's Store Locator on their website is telling me there are NO Food Lions within a 50 mile radius of Mobile. So I guess I did dream that up. I apologize! I do seem to remember her having a part-timejob, thought....anyone else remember that? There are several grocery stores called Food World in the greater Mobile metro area. Maybe she worked there?
If she didn't have a job, calling the orthodontist about braces that day really makes me wonder if someone wasn't promising her money....(not that I think she got any money).

ETA Again- Yep, apparently it was Food WORLD that she listed as her workplace on FB. See my post #577 below.

Very iffffy but ...

I though it was a waffle house or the name sounded like a breakfast place or something like that ????

Okay, yay! I found a post by bjr1977 on WS on Brittney's 1st thread that's about Britt putting on her FB page that she was working at Food WORLD (not Lion, my bad). Apparently we had some discussion here about whether or not she still worked there when she went missing because a WS member went to the store & didn't see any flyers for her up.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

bjr1977 said (snipped by me for space):

"Also, BW states on her FB profile she is a cashier at Food World. I went to that Food World today b/c is very close to my home. They have NO flyers up regarding her being missing. I think she hasn't worked there in a while, but I still expected they would have flyers posted there...."

Sorry for all of my confusion over Food Lion/Food World that took up several posts!
I guess we will have to wait & see what Steph says about whether or not she was still working there when she went missing.

Very iffffy but ...

I though it was a waffle house or the name sounded like a breakfast place or something like that ????

Okay, yay! I found a post by bjr1977 on WS on Brittney's 1st thread that's about Britt putting on her FB page that she was working at Food WORLD (not Lion, my bad). Apparently we had some discussion here about whether or not she still worked there when she went missing because a WS member went to the store & didn't see any flyers for her up.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

bjr1977 said (snipped by me for space):

Sorry for all of my confusion over Food Lion/Food World that took up several posts!
I guess we will have to wait & see what Steph says about whether or not she was still working there when she went missing.

Both of you are correct! Brittney only had two real jobs. First was waffle house 6/2010 to 7/4/2010 and Food World 10/2010 not sure but I believe it was around Christmas or Jan/2011. Both were very short lived jobs. She was not working at the time of her disappearance. She also tried to get her GED in mid to late 2011 that was also short lived.

Assuming Donnie's death was a suicide...
He must have at least been thinking about it the night Brittney visited. LE said that the two of them were using their telephones for four hours that night, both texts and conversation. Who was Donnie talking too, and what about? I try to imagine whom I might be telephoning at that point in my life, and really can only think of close family, but no one has really said that they heard from him that night, it doesn't make sense?

I am struggling too with Brittney being "mates" with Donnie, after the facebook disclosures, and, (if LE is right about her being a victim of DH too, and her brother) her own experiences. I understand that he may have been useful in terms of providing drugs, and or money, but it seems incredibly unlikely that she actually liked him....

Steph, did Brittney talk much about the future? What she was going to do in terms of living arrangements, did she think that one day her little girl might live with her again, did she talk about what she might end up doing for a living?

Sometimes she did. She asked me to help her with sec 8 housing so she could work on getting her life straight and getting Payton back. I tried time and time again to help her. But she also wanted to be a kid (which she was).

Good Morning,

To end the debate about Brittney's dental. No she did NOT have dental insurance. In AL no government ins all kids nor medicaid will pay for braces they fill it is cosmetic. And also the cut off is age 19 the month they turn 19 to be exact. The only ins Britt had was family planning which medicaid will continue to cover if you qualify.

I spoke to Brittney more than once over the years as to how she would pay for braces and she always said she would figure it out. As I have stated before she could always get money out of DH maybe that's how she would make the monthly payments. JMO I do know that in early 2012 she talked about getting another job to get the initial down payment.

I didn't know Brittney had a job.

Steph, do you know if Brittney was ordered to pay child support? TIA!

No she was Not ordered to pay child support. Andy did not go after her for child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne