AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chessie's best bet is to spill every single tidbit of info she has, even if its incriminating to herself. Otherwise, it could be a long time before she's able to see her minor children again.

I want to know more about Chessie's charges. Do her charges specifically say she is the person that harmed the victim? Could the charges be interpreted that she's charged the same as the perp as she had knowledge of the crime but didnt report it or intercede?

How long has Chessie been with Paul? How many years? The victim says she was accosted 4 years ago, so I'm trying to put it in perspective. Could Chessie have been staying with Dustin? Or Donnie? Or Scott?

Wow, I have a lot to catch up on. I have been following the case of Dylan Redwine. Sadly, his remains where found yesterday. It was announced yesterday around 2:30 MDT. I have been focused on the details coming out on his case. I totally missed the news on Chessie!!!

omg thank you for announcing this. ( sorry off topic of the wood/hollands) About DR...omg ( poor dylan)
::::::thud::::

I want to know more about Chessie's charges. Do her charges specifically say she is the person that harmed the victim? Could the charges be interpreted that she's charged the same as the perp as she had knowledge of the crime but didnt report it or intercede?

How long has Chessie been with Paul? How many years? The victim says she was accosted 4 years ago, so I'm trying to put it in perspective. Could Chessie have been staying with Dustin? Or Donnie? Or Scott?

BBM
12 - 14 years. They've been together a while now. (I asked and Steph told me this earlier)

Chessie's best bet is to spill every single tidbit of info she has, even if its incriminating to herself. Otherwise, it could be a long time before she's able to see her minor children again.

I would have thought that if she's found guilty she won't ever be able to see her minor children again, except maybe under the supervision of a certified adult. In fact if she's bailed, I don't think she will be allowed to care for them - WWH isn't with hers.

I guess husband has been left in sole charge of the children, for the time being, at least.

I made a post on this thread yesterday right before the news hit about Chessie. I had just listened to the news about Dylan Redwine, Sierra Lamar and then WWH's release. There was so much bad news yesterday that I wondered when the good guys would win. I had an overwhelming feeling of failure. It seemed as is if the bad guys were taking over. Well, I believe this arrest is a win for the good guys. Evil has no boundaries but good can triumph. Sometimes it is hard to see the good through the bad. I have great sorrow for this victim and all the victims in this case. Please, please let the good prevail for these victims. Let them know their voice made a difference. Let Brittney come home!

Good morning everyone. I'm still curious why Chessie was arrested by Mobile Co LE when her crime was committed in Baldwin Co. Even if the victim now resides in Mobile Co, wouldn't the arrest warrant come from Baldwin Co?

I wonder if we could have one of our WS lawyers chime in with their opinion.

It's leading me to believe there may be child *advertiser censored* distribution. Or perhaps Wendy made jail house buddies and LE fears for Chessie's safety? Or because Derek is in Baldwin Co? But surely Baldwin Co jail has a way to secure a prisoner. Something is hinky about her arrest. The whole sex ring crime is Baldwin Co's case.

Another question...

Is it possible Chessie was charged with sex crimes but wasn't the actual person to commit the crimes? Maybe was either there or otherwise knew about it, therefore was charged the same as what the actual perpetrator would have been charged? Idk, just wondering bc she looked really afraid & upset --- although I didn't see any tears (like some others pointed out).

It is possible. I heard it put this way about the Aaron Hernandez case yesterday. If you and 2 associates drive to the victim's house with the intention to shoot and kill the victim, and you only drive the car, never get out, never pull the trigger, but knew what was going to happen, you are just as guilty of murder as the person who pulled the trigger. Without looking up the Alabama law, I would presume the same holds true in that state and for these types of crimes. If she partook in the crime in any fashion, even if she wasn't physically the one inserting whatever into whatever, I would imagine she can still be charged. If I get some time this weekend, I'll try to look into it.

Story.jpg

Chessie Wood Granted $65K Bond

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Chessie-Wood-Granted-65K-Bond/mACZm4cWE0uruwU7eEr4fg.cspx

The report says this is a different victim. The others, except Dustin Kent, were charged in Baldwin Co. Chessie is charged in Mobile Co. I think they are arrested in the county where the crimes occured. Can any legal eagles explain further why Chessie was arrested by Mobile Co? Tia

What county was investigating Donnie?

Good snag. I didn't pick up on that. Likely means the acts actually took place in Mobile County, not Baldwin County. So even if it is the same victim, it was a seperate "incident" that took place in a seperate location from those charged in Baldwin County, if that makes sense.

Wendy gets out and Chessie goes in. The timing doesn't escape notice. Seems LE doesn't want Wendy and Chessie visiting without being monitored. :twocents:

If I remember correctly, not the first time something like this has happened. Wasn't there another occasion when someone might have been released, only to be re-arrested on additional charges? LE keeping the pressure on. Everytime something happens that would give the "Wood" clan a reason to celebrate in their own depraved way, LE has an answer to bring them right back down again. They have to be wondering if it will ever end at this point, which might lead to someone putting an end to it by coming clean on everything, including Brittney.

I laughed so hard when i read this quote! Finally broke my state of shock over Chessie's arrest. All I could think was holy **** (among other deletable comments).

How odd that WWH bails out at the same time (trying to work out a deal?). I'm sure someone is in a panic over this latest event since there's no way Chessie ain't gonna spill the beans (finally) on what she knows.

@Steph: Special thank you for all you are doing for Brittney. Its also helped keep the spotlight on the sex abuse nightmare so you've helped in standing up for the other victims too.

@Zeaux: You were willing to step in the mud (ie: admit to knowing the Woods) and use any resource to find Brittney. Thank you. Glad you're back.

"I don't want to go to jail":floorlaugh:

BBM - I doubt they had been working a deal with WWH. The DA tried too hard to get the bond raised.

This is the first time I've seen CW looking genuinely upset and outraged. It's telling that it was over her own situation.

She brought up Brittney as an ace card - 'I can't look for my daughter in here'. As most of CW's 'looking' seems to have been getting on with life as usual, while saying the odd prayer and asking others to pray too, then I don't see any interruption. A person can still pray in jail in Alabama, can't they?

Steph - well, what an advocate for Brittney. She's unstoppable. She just addressed directly the questions she knew this would raise about her and WH, without being asked. She is SO believable. Mentioning that they haven't been asked to take a lie-detector but are very willing to was a great move as well. Especially as people can compare it to CW and her 'I'll take one if I can choose the questions' clip.

I bet RSW's attorney's heart dropped when he heard CW declaring her brother's innocence. A character witnesses like her is probably the last thing anyone would wish for.I'm hoping her attorney will advise that dang 'gravestone' rock for Brittney gets taken away too. Even if CW can't see what that suggests, most people with a bit of sense think it hints she knows something no-one else does, yet.

Hadn't it been established that RSW was the one who went in and gave some sort of confession or statement at the beginning of all this coming to light?

Could snag. I didn't pick up on that. Likely means the acts actually took place in Mobile County, not Baldwin County. So even if it is the same victim, it was a seperate "incident" that took place in a seperate location from those charged in Baldwin County, if that makes sense.

Thanks reedus. Chessie's crime did occur in Baldwin Co.

"Hall said the victim came forward while getting help in Mobile and Baldwin counties. The alleged abuse took place in Baldwin County."

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/06/brittney_woods_mother_arrested.html

Unusual to say the least.

Good Morning,

I wanted to pop in this morning and say I have not left y'all. As you can guess I was very overwhelmed with FB last night plus the 2 interviews i did. I am at work now and will try to pop in and answer questions on lunch and break. I will also be picking up Payton after work it's my time with her. But tomorrow afternoon I will be on full force with y'all...

Thanks for the support.
Team Brittney!!!

Steph

I think I'm safe in saying, any amount of time that you are able to give us is appreciated, whenever that is. I won't lie and say I can only imagine everything that is going on in your life, because I can't. So take care of you and yours and if and when you find time to post here, it is, like I said, much appreciated.

Wait, did she say she doesn't even know who the victim is? I'm taken aback by her statement there bc in every charging document I've ever read, the victim is always listed.

She's full of it. More of the "I am the victim here" mentality, which disgusts me.

afternoon!
i think it's going to come out that donny holland wasn't the ring leader (as much as people want to make him out to be). they all are equally responsible.

jmo of course.

I haven't looked up the Alabama law, but I would imagine just knowing about it and not turning it in would not lead to the same charges. It could get her charged as an accessory after the fact or with something like obstruction of justice but to be actually charged with those crimes means she had to somehow be a more active participant, even if, like I said before, she wasn't the one to insert whatever into whatever.

Good morning everyone. I'm still curious why Chessie was arrested by Mobile Co LE when her crime was committed in Baldwin Co. Even if the victim now resides in Mobile Co, wouldn't the arrest warrant come from Baldwin Co?

I wonder if we could have one of our WS lawyers chime in with their opinion.

It's leading me to believe there may be child *advertiser censored* distribution. Or perhaps Wendy made jail house buddies and LE fears for Chessie's safety? Or because Derek is in Baldwin Co? But surely Baldwin Co jail has a way to secure a prisoner. Something is hinky about her arrest. The whole sex ring crime is Baldwin Co's case.

Do we know for a fact that the acts were committed in Baldwin County? The 2 counties lie right next to each other so my guess is the acts that are the basis of Chessie's charges occurred in Mobile County. Doesn't Chessie actually live in Mobile County? If so, my guess, and it's a pure guess, is that the acts constituting her crime probably took place in her home there in Mobile County.

Keep in mind that no one has been charged with running a sex ring. They are each charged with individual acts that constitute an individual crime. For instance, if in Wendy's case, the child was actually raped while at a residence in Fairhope, they'd bring the charges in Baldwin County. If in Chessie's case, the child was actually sodomized while at a residence in Tillmans Corner, they'd bring the charges in Mobile County. So even though we view them all as part of a sex ring, you have to look to see where the actual acts took place since they are not charged under one grand indictment of running a sex ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj