AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Derek truly wants to help Brittney and he knows more about that side of the family than what has already been told to LE, the best thing he can do is work a deal with LE and tell ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING, I mean down to every time he knows they jaywalked. The more charges and the more years behind bars for each and every one of them means more pressure. Eventually, the pressure will get to them. I just hope it's before they're already sentenced to lifetimes behind bars so that answers can be learned. We know for a fact that Derek had nothing to do with Brittney as he was in jail, so I would start there.

Hi Gliving!

Here's the MSM quote you're looking for regarding the investigators thoughts about Brittney. It is about 40 seconds into Part 1 of the video. Investigator Eric Winberg says in the video, "I do believe at this point and time it is a recovery project. I do not believe she is still alive."

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney

Thank for finding that Lash! Winberg is also the one that said Brittney was the golden nugget. Wish we knew what he knows!

"We oftentimes look for that golden nugget. That one person that can make the difference in your case," said Detective Eric Winberg, former lead investigator on the family sex abuse investigation in Baldwin County. "In this particular case, Brittney Wood was that person. She was the person that could tell the whole story."

Of the perps in this case/s, who is still in jail and who is out? TIA

Thank for finding that Lash! Winberg is also the one that said Brittney was the golden nugget. Wish we knew what he knows!

"We oftentimes look for that golden nugget. That one person that can make the difference in your case," said Detective Eric Winberg, former lead investigator on the family sex abuse investigation in Baldwin County. "In this particular case, Brittney Wood was that person. She was the person that could tell the whole story."

I get that hindsight is 20/20, but i really wish they would have stated this from the very beginning---it could have made all the difference in the 'recovery' IMO

I would have to say the connection to the sex crimes (ring). And the one person that I feel holds all the answers is Wendy Wood Holland!

I too go back and forth all day every day about what I think happened. I have binders of information that I have gathered from the early days it all leads back to those two things.

Bolded by me for emphasis on how you've advocated for Brittney.

God bless you, Stephanie. Thank you for being a fighter for finding Brittney & getting justice for her and her baby! She is lucky to have you!

Can anyone besides Brittney's maternal family members verify that Britt indeed had this gun? Her close friends maybe?

I'm really starting to wonder if this is the gun DH killed himself with, IF it really was Britt's gun or whether people were trying to cast suspicion on her by saying that gun was her gun. Or even just save their own butts if it was one of the family members guns he used & they had it or had gotten it illegally and didn't want to get in trouble, so they said it belonged to Brittney. Easy to blame or cast suspicion upon the person who is missing. Could it possibly have been DH gun that he had gotten illegally or via shady means & since DH didn't die right away, they thought he might get in trouble for having it, they said "oh, yeah. Britt has such-and-such gun."

What prompted RSW to march down to LE and report the child abuse ring,
for which he was also later arrested and charged with abuse against child/ren? TIA

Of the perps in this case/s, who is still in jail and who is out? TIA

Wendy Holland and Derek Wood are still in jail.
Wendy's bond is set at $200,000. Derek has no bond.

Attachments

• SexCrimes.JPG
    SexCrimes.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 63
BBM - Planting a tree would have been a nice idea. Maybe even a weeping willow. It would have been a beautiful idea to place stones under the tree with written messages to Brittney from her friends and family. I personally don't care for the rock memorial at all. The message on the rock gives me goosebumps. In my opinion, it would have been more appropriate to write "until you come home" instead of using words that are reminiscent of death. I think planting a tree would have been a better use of the money raised.

A weeping willow would have been gorgeous and far more appropriate (sadly though). And yes, stones around the tree with wonderful messages from everyone who loves her
Ideas to add to it:
Painting stones is rather inexpensive and a great project that could be set up at a table - Donation jars set up for the paints / rocks and crafts donated by people: To specialize the rock.
And at the end of the ceremony - everyone could place their stones around the tree together.
After, people could write names for those they too miss, including Brittney, on a back/lantern and light a path to the tree.

If *god forbid* everyone has to rejoin in another year because she's missing - those in attendance could donate at a table to purchase a flower to plant. Again afterwards; lighting a lantern & lighting the way to the tree.

What prompted RSW to march down to LE and report the child abuse ring,
for which he was also later arrested and charged with abuse against child/ren? TIA

Good question. I don't think that one morning Scott Wood decided to mosey on down to the police station and report familial sex crimes. I think he was under investigation and confessed. Dustin Kent was arrested along with Scott...

And William Brownlee.

Good question. I don't think that one morning Scott Wood decided to mosey on down to the police station and report familial sex crimes. I think he was under investigation and confessed. Dustin Kent was arrested along with Scott...

And William Brownlee.

My personal theory is that perhaps his "main" victim basically told him she was sick of the abuse and decided to be a Survivor, and that she was going to report the whole lot of the monsters for the abuse. Being the seemingly upstanding citizen he was, he decided to report and blame the abuse on Donnie.
I seriously doubt if we'll ever know but I DON'T blame her one bit for keeping her story to herself.
JMO, as always

Good Evening,

I'm sorry I have been out of pocket today to answer questions. I will answer what I can I promise.

But with the new story about the body/remains being found I'm concentrating on getting any information I can. I was sure yesterday when they called it a body that it was a local woman that went missing on Friday May 24th but now calling it remains and saying "yet to identify gender or cause of death" has me VERY worried. If I am understanding the report correctly about where the remains where found that would be the route and direction in which you travel from Styx River to Grand Bay. I will keep y'all posted.

Thank you,
Steph

Good Evening,

I'm sorry I have been out of pocket today to answer questions. I will answer what I can I promise.

But with the new story about the body/remains being found I'm concentrating on getting any information I can. I was sure yesterday when they called it a body that it was a local woman that went missing on Friday May 24th but now calling it remains and saying "yet to identify gender or cause of death" has me VERY worried. If I am understanding the report correctly about where the remains where found that would be the route and direction in which you travel from Styx River to Grand Bay. I will keep y'all posted.

Thank you,
Steph

I was just looking at the map and thought the same thing. :( Praying for you guys!!!

Good Evening,

Thank you,
Steph

Thoughts and prayers to you and those around you for strength and answers.

I'm thinking of Brittney and her loved ones at this time. Hoping it isn't her, but at the same time hoping it is, so she can come home.

Anyone with knowledge about Brittney's disappearance, who can watch her loved ones going through this again and again, should hang their heads in shame.

So hard to know what to hope for! (Again!) Thinking and hoping for you and yours Steph!

So hard to know what to hope for! (Again!) Thinking and hoping for you and yours Steph!

Agreed. We would all love for Brittney to be safe and alive. Then reality comes into play and we know she is most likely no longer with us. I hope if the latter is the reality that Brittney is found soon. I cannot begin to imagine the emotions the family must go through every time a body is found. I don't want them to have to go through this year after year not knowing. You're in my thoughts, Steph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas