Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud. What if some guy was on drugs, his baby in the car and he got out and was wondering around or wanted to relieve himself (gray car). What if his baby got out of his car and began walking and Carlee saw her/him and she was concerned only that she saw a three year old wandering alone and when she stopped, he grabbed her and his baby, put them in the car, later woke up to what he had done and dropped Carlee off in the cover of darkness and threatened her not to speak? I’m sure she will speak up anyway. She sounds like a smart girl. Can’t we all just wait for the truth?
We can indeed.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> This! Her getting home could break it wide open! Was it Uber? If so, maybe the driver has details about how it was booked, where she was picked up, was she alone, etc. Would the kidnapper or someone involved with the kidnapping risk taking her home? If so, someone with cameras has to have footage of this. Lots of neighborhoods have tag readers. I feel like the kidnapper taking her home is a long shot, but a rideshare would hopefully be able to provide a good bit of information. Has it been confirmed by MSM that this was or was not a targeted abduction? That’s one of the only reasons I can think of for the lack of warnings to the public in that area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. I doubt that the trucker had malicious intent, he was probably just misremembering what he saw and where he saw it.
Right. One of the local news reporters and someone else reported that a gray vehicle has been left on the road in that area for most of the week. He said he passed it daily on the way to work. It was in one of the very early reports that I saw on the case.

Missing Alabama woman 'Carlee Russell' returned home on foot, police say​

Briana GregoryHOOVER, Ala. —
Hoover police are continuing the investigation into the disappearance of "Carlee" Nichole Russell after she was found alive and safe Saturday night.

The child reported in the 911 call made Thursday night by Russell was reported as a male toddler wearing a diaper, according to police. It was the only report about a toddler made to Hoover 911 Thursday.

So, passing by in the car she managed to see in the darkness not only a glimpse of a child, but also notice the kid's gender and lack of clothing. Hmmmmmm...

So, passing by in the car she managed to see in the darkness not only a glimpse of a child, but also notice the kid's gender and lack of clothing. Hmmmmmm...
The headlights on some cars could see the dark side of the moon I reckon! You can see on the video some cars headlights light up all lanes and the sides they are that bright

This! Her getting home could break it wide open! Was it Uber? If so, maybe the driver has details about how it was booked, where she was picked up, was she alone, etc. Would the kidnapper or someone involved with the kidnapping risk taking her home? If so, someone with cameras has to have footage of this. Lots of neighborhoods have tag readers. I feel like the kidnapper taking her home is a long shot, but a rideshare would hopefully be able to provide a good bit of information. Has it been confirmed by MSM that this was or was not a targeted abduction? That’s one of the only reasons I can think of for the lack of warnings to the public in that area.
Someone who is kidnapped can be drugged or (almost 100% sure to be) traumatized or both. They may be giving her time to sleep and get her mind right. Some drugs can have severe effects on the brain and body, obviously, and her statements may not be reliable until she rests up and heals. Some drugs, such as the date rape drug, can make a victim forget pieces of time and also make them extremely out of it, etc. Hypothetically speaking, as we don't know what occurred here yet.

Let's give the victim the benefit of the doubt, as well as her close friends/family, as that is the kind thing to do and the rule on this site.

Someone who is kidnapped can be drugged or (almost 100% sure to be) traumatized or both. They may be giving her time to sleep and get her mind right. Some drugs can have severe effects on the brain and body, obviously, and her statements may not be reliable until she rests up and heals.

Let's give the victim the benefit of the doubt, as well as her close friends/family, as that is the kind thing to do and the rule on this site.
Yep exactly. They want reliable information. And they already spoke to her per their statement and say it will be ongoing.

I came to see if there was any information I hadn't found elsewhere, but there doesn't appear to be any.

I have to wonder, did the 911 call have Carlee saying there was a toddler "walking" on the side of the road or was it "I see a toddler on the side of the road." Toddler walking could be anyone with a toddler gate of smaller size. You can't always tell exact size when there is a dip off the side of the road.

The phrase "Fighting for her life" can mean many things. Fighting against someone, Fighting to escape captivity, Fighting your own fear to make your way back home, many meanings. It can be accurate in a lot of situations.

And it occurs to me that just because they aren't releasing anything about what happened, that doesn't mean they aren't doing anything about what happened. If they have information about a kidnapping, why tip your hand if you are LE?

My thoughts, being as I only have partial information.

I came to see if there was any information I hadn't found elsewhere, but there doesn't appear to be any.

I have to wonder, did the 911 call have Carlee saying there was a toddler "walking" on the side of the road or was it "I see a toddler on the side of the road." Toddler walking could be anyone with a toddler gate of smaller size. You can't always tell exact size when there is a dip off the side of the road.

The phrase "Fighting for her life" can mean many things. Fighting against someone, Fighting to escape captivity, Fighting your own fear to make your way back home, many meanings. It can be accurate in a lot of situations.

And it occurs to me that just because they aren't releasing anything about what happened, that doesn't mean they aren't doing anything about what happened. If they have information about a kidnapping, why tip your hand if you are LE?

My thoughts, being as I only have partial information.

She said it was a male, 3-4 years old, walking on the side of the interstate, wearing a white t-shirt and a diaper.

I don't believe there was ever a toddler being dangled as bait on the side of a busy highway.
Even typing it out sounds like complete foolishness.

jmo

Some of these headlines are ridiculous. What she looked for this child for two days, gave up, and thought to herself “time to go home”.

Missing Alabama woman Carlee Russell returns home after seeing child walking on interstate​

Yes, I agree that people could say that but that's NOT what they are saying. They are saying with certainty that there was nothing there and there's no way to know that at this time.
Most, including myself, on this single point of wether or not we see someone on the video, are stating we dont see anyone.
Not stating that no one could be there.
When you go down the list of supposed facts, such as a second car (not seen), a toddler by the road ( not seen), any other people besides the driver of the car (not seen), an abduction (not seen), any other reports from at least 28 cars by my count (not reported), responding officer within 3 minutes not witnessing anything, any of the above facts.
I think you know where MOO, IMHO and whatnot is going.
Life is not a Hollywood movie.

That's what I said. They heard HER SPEAKING TO SOMEONE. I didn't say they heard someone talking to her.
Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean... they reported hearing her speaking. They have no idea if she was talking to an actual person, an imaginary person (the mental health angle), or was doing it as part of setting the stage of a hoax.

It basically tell us nothing about what happened. To be honest, we don't even know if Carlee said anything. We just have one person's word that she did.

Yes I have experienced exactly that. I was hallucinating while driving exhausted and kept initially thinking signs were animals that might jump out in front of me so I would slow down so as not to hit them. But I knew I was hallucinating. And I didn't run into the woods.

There's video of her pulling over. Her car never left the road.

But she got out and walked towards the shoulder correct? I wander if someone nefarious was hanging out there and grabbed her after all.

Most, including myself, on this single point of wether or not we see someone on the video, are stating we dont see anyone.
Not stating that no one could be there.
When you go down the list of supposed facts, such as a second car (not seen), a toddler by the road ( not seen), any other people besides the driver of the car (not seen), an abduction (not seen), any other reports from at least 28 cars by my count (not reported), responding officer within 3 minutes not witnessing anything, any of the above facts.
I think you know where MOO, IMHO and whatnot is going.
Life is not a Hollywood movie.
Oddly enough, I do see shapes on the video at various flashing of lights, including one coming back to the car from behind the mile marker. Now, that could be Carlee walking back to the car, or someone else or nothing at all. I see things in clouds all the time. But I also know that I have had people who know my car waving at me as I drive past and I don't notice them. I'm driving and paying attention to whatever needs paying attention to, so that anyone else might not have seen something on the side of the road does not surprise me.

I'm just keeping an open mind based on what I think I see vs what others think they don't see.

Does anyone know (without sleuthing the “wrong” ways), how far is it from where her car was found to where she showed up at home?
One of the main questions I have is: how did she get from the highway to wherever she went, before the police were on the scene and in the surrounding area?

I've got to believe it involved a vehicle - so imagine her (willingly or unwillingly) emerging from those woods and entering a vehicle that drives away. Hard to believe parts of that process weren't caught on dozens of ring cameras. If she walked around alone... same thing. I don't see her as someone that hid and eluded investigators for hours only to make her way across town on foot undetected.

Another possibility... did she end up - one way or another - in a nearby house for some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader