Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wonder if she really bought 2 dinners.
During one of the first interviews with the parents, the mom alluded to some issue with the food order. Something about the order being messed up and Carlee would give her mom her own order. And the mom was going to thank her because she knew how much Carlee loved her food. Thought it odd for the mom to be discussing the food but chalked it up to nervousness and panic.

Idk if that meant CR only ended up getting one order. Or if that meant she did have 2 orders but would eat the incorrect one and give the correct one to the mom.

Russell was traveling home from work in Birmingham, Alabama, and is believed to have picked up food on her way back before heading toward Hoover on I-459. She stopped to look for the child "near mile marker 11 between the Galleria flyover and Exit 10 for Highway 150," police said.
*eta:
"There aren’t currently any missing children that I’m aware of," the police source says. "There’s not really an investigation into that, at least not at the moment."

Last edited:
During one of the first interviews with the parents, the mom alluded to some issue with the food order. Something about the order being messed up and Carlee would give her mom her own order. And the mom was going to thank her because she knew how much Carlee loved her food. Thought it odd for the mom to be discussing the food but chalked it up to nervousness and panic.

Idk if that meant CR only ended up getting one order. Or if that meant she did have 2 orders but would eat the incorrect one and give the correct one to the mom.

I assume Taziki's will be able to tell LE if there were one or two dinners purchased. It will be sus if two were purchased and there was only one left in the car.

It looks like you can get directly in a motel room at the Red Roof Inns without having to go through the lobby or see anyone working there as you come and go. It is possible that someone could have had room there and brought her to room without any staff noticing. But what I still dont understand is the phone call she made to her family saying she was at the RRI. Do we know the timeline from the call to her parents and what time she ended up at home?

Again, why wouldn't you call 911 immediately before your family? Did she call from burner, someone else's phone, the phone in the room, etc.? Did this person leave or let her make the call and why after making the call would just leave the room immediately (as we know her fam called LE right away so they would have sent LE there quickly) and arrive home on foot?
The RRI stuff was a hoax. It was stated as such by the family and police very quickly.

LE released a statement yesterday I think saying she called 911 at 9:34pm, was talking with her sister in law at 9:36pm and CR disappeared shortly after that.
I don’t think that gives her any time at all to double back around. Plus, she would have been leaving that child by the road for probably at least ten minutes while she did that, which would mean that not only did she leave the child in danger for at least 10 minutes but she didn’t bother calling 911 during that time either. Just doesn’t make sense.
She could've doubled back (though unlikely) and made the calls on the second loop which match with video timeline.

They did call the police about the RRI and also showed up 6 cars deep. Theres a police scanner video on YT where you can here the dispatch and conversation b/w LE

The front desk clerk called police and told them that Carlee's family arrived. I found the link

This case is bizzare. Is there a possibility that there was another person in the car with her? Could she have walked to a place of safety from where she exited the vehicle? They searched the surrounding areas with manpower and drones. She had to have some place to go.

Last edited:

7/18/23 AT 6:07 AM EDT

[...] Joseph Giacalone, a retired NYPD Sergeant SDS (Supervisor Detective Squad) and now a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, told Newsweek he always follows the lead of law enforcement when judging a case—and in this case what the police are not doing is more telling than what they've made public.

"They've made no public statements about this," he said. "They basically just said, 'OK, she's at home. We brought her there,' and that's it. But here's the other thing—we don't see a big search going on for this abducted child." [...]
BBM
Well, in my opinion he should get all the facts straight before he gives expert opinions. He states the the police took her home in this quote. That's a large error.

This MSM article includes clips of the audio and a partial transcript of the dispatch and radio conversations: Listen to Hoover police respond the night Carlee Russell disappeared from I-459

Hopefully that means we can discuss them, including this piece which has been baffling me for awhile:

“That BOLO - with special attention directed to Bessemer, Jefferson County, McCalla and the Tuscaloosa area -- read, in part, that “personal belongings including cell phone were just located around Exit 1 on 459.””

I am very curious where the cell phone was located - I know from the audio they didn’t find it until about 35 minutes after the original arrival of the police.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members