Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what she should do, but doubtful she'll do it.

In her head what she did, the actions she took throughout this whole ordeal were better than facing whatever she's running from.

Problem is when someone is running, the issue just snowballs, and is much, much worse when it finally catches up with the person. Rather than having faced whatever she running from.

It's going to be a long day waiting for the presser.
There might be some good learning that comes out of this - the pressure of trying to live up to your social media image.

If Carlee had a mental breakdown or crisis wouldn't medical staff have picked up on that when she was checked out after returning home? Really don't think that is going to be the case here. JMO
I don’t live in Alabama but in my state (Georgia), they won’t put you on an involuntary psychiatric hold unless someone believes you’re at risk of harming/killing yourself or others. (They call it a 1013 here; probably has different names in other states.)

IMO her being released from the hospital doesn’t tell us much about her mental state, other than the fact that she was not apparently a danger to herself or others.

People have many reasons for making stuff up.Look at Sherri Pappini.
I do feel like Sherri Papini is just a different case entirely. What Carlee did seems to have been impulsive. But Sherri was calculating and manipulated people around her in order to pull of her scheme, as well as raking in thousands in donations. Not to mention the blatant racism in her made up story as well as her old weird racist rants that were later uncovered. She’s vile tbh. I’m not getting that sense from Carlee. I think more than likely Carlee made a poor decision under stress and didn’t foresee being in the national news.

JMO

I'm on the fence on this. Ordinarily, I'd agree NEVER talk to LE if you're accused of a crime. But this situation is different. It may be that the longer she waits to speak to police, the worse the outcome might be for her, as she's continuing to soak up man hours for a non-case. (provided she wasn't actually abducted.) Also, the longer this goes on, if she wasn't abducted, the more shame she'll feel (presumably) and the more her name will be out there permanently attached to this situation. It could impact future employment and other opportunities. JMOO
Some people struggle with understanding the consequences of their actions. They suck at decision making and are impulsive. When their world comes crashing down on them there is no accountability and they blame others. In addition to that they have people that enable them.

Last edited:
I don’t live in Alabama but in my state (Georgia), they won’t put you on an involuntary psychiatric hold unless someone believes you’re at risk of harming/killing yourself or others. (They call it a 1013 here; probably has different names in other states.)

IMO her being released from the hospital doesn’t tell us much about her mental state, other than the fact that she was not apparently a danger to herself or others.

Yes this is correct. I can’t tell you how many times my brother went to the ER. They usually didn’t hold him. Sometimes they did but that was only if he said he was suicidal. Sometimes he went himself because he was scared, sometimes the police brought him in because someone reported that he was acting strange.

So she is just doing it for the hell of it?
I'm not going to quote them as they are rumors, but there have been rumors discussed on this thread of issues in her personal life. We've seen dozens of these cases where people run into a roadblock in life and then just decide they want to run away.

Unfortunately I think her family is just attracting even more attention and media by continuing to release statements that read like "hope they are looking for her abductor but idk if they are! Carlee is too traumatized to speak about it!" and talking to the press. If they just thanked the PD, said they are happy to see Carlee home, and then said nothing more, everyone would move on while they resolve this quietly with the PD. Instead it's a media circus and the PD is having to defend themselves against the family.

July 19, 2023, 7:40 AM

"The Hoover Police Department has not located any evidence of a toddler walking down the interstate, nor did we receive any additional calls about a toddler walking down the interstate, despite numerous vehicles passing through that area as depicted by the traffic camera surveillance video," the press release said.

[..]

Police said they will share more information about the investigation during a press conference on Wednesday afternoon. ABC News has reached out to Russell's family for comment.

This is a polite way of saying Carlee is refusing to speak with LE IMO. How easy it is at the onset to call 911 and create a dire emergency so police come racing to the scene, devote many hours to searching, then reappear and just clam up.

“Hoover police said on Tuesday that they have so far spoken with Ms Russell only “briefly” on her return home and that – three days on – they are still waiting “for her to be made available to obtain a more detailed statement” about what happened to her in the 49 hours she was missing.”
To me, this is extremely telling. If there were an abduction you would be very eager to speak to police, to tell them every detail.

Some people struggle with understanding the consequences of their actions. They suck at decision making and are impulsive. When their world comes crashing down on them there is no accountability and they blame others.

Exactly. It's easier to continue that style of behavior when surrounded by enablers allowing a person to skirt owning their actions.

She stopped her car, got out, walked around the back of the car, opened one of the passenger side doors and leaned in. I don't think there's any question from the video about that happening. So it does appear that she got something from probably the back seat.
There’s a question to me. I can’t see anything clearly. It’s very unclear.

I do feel like Sherri Papini is just a different case entirely. What Carlee did seems to have been impulsive. But Sherri was calculating and manipulated people around her in order to pull of her scheme, as well as raking in thousands in donations. Not to mention the blatant racism in her made up story as well as her old weird racist rants that were later uncovered. She’s vile tbh. I’m not getting that sense from Carlee. I think more than likely Carlee made a poor decision under stress and didn’t foresee being in the national news.

JMO
Although there seems to have been some pre planning, for her to decide where to leave her car and vanish from. I have actually wondered if she earlier did a practice run, considering the run through the woods at night. Maybe she checked it out one day when it wasn’t dark? I know I wouldn’t run through any type of woods at night if I had no idea what was there! Just some thoughts and speculation .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper