Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who hasn't watched the presser yet:
if you want to watch it, watch the PD one on their facebook.

gray talks all throughout his coverage of it and interrupts crucial parts imo and it has been not easy for me as a person with ADHD to watch.
I watched #JB. Can't watch GH. You just reminded me of one of the reasons why I don't. ;)

So the only feature she was able to discern from her imaginary captor -- a bald spot on the top/back of his head? Amazing.

i would like to check in on this story in about 7-8 months. There's a reason she was trying to get out of dodge..... with 'toddler' on her mind... What else was she hiding?

JMO

It was probably the arguing with the bf's alleged stripper, just a guess. MOO
The Chief knows. I wonder if he talked to the boyfriend. If you read Carlee's Twitter account, she talks about cheaters quite a bit. That's how I put that piece together along with her saying that her job got on her nerves. So, I figured she was not happy with the boyfriend and the job. The third piece: School. I figured something was going on there, especially, when her mother said that she was at Jeff State (after I read Carlee's 2020 post of her being accepted at UAB Nursing School). Lots of discontentment, IMO. Staging an abduction definitely is not the way out of it, though.

I am waiting to hear about who else knows about this. Is it her brother's girlfriend or her cousin?

JMO.

What was the point of all this though, what did it achieve for her?

Could she have wanted to spend time with someone other than her boyfriend, and all the searches were to throw them off?

Was the car that was spoken of here, that appeared with turn signal, then got off exit, someone signaling to her to meet him somewhere?

Did she go into woods and come out of woods near where he was parked?

Just one idea I had. MOO

Is Taken movie based on a true story?

The movie Taken, directed by Pierre Morel, is said to be based on a true story. According to William G. Hillar, who once was a self-proclaimed counter terrorism expert, claimed that many of the events throughout the movie were based on past life events that resulted in his daughter being taken and killed. The film Taken illustrates many of the reasons on why human trafficking occurs...

The protagonist Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) is a retired agent from the Central Intelligence Agency who is divorced and a prideful father of a 17 year old daughter named Kim (Maggie Grace). Bryan retired the CIA in order to be closer to his daughter and by doing so he also moved to California were her daughter and ex-wife live. The main conflict arises whenever Bryan’s daughter asks permission to go on vacation to Paris, although Bryan is very hesitant at first he comes to conclude that he wants her daughter to be happy and by doing so he allows her to go on her trip with her other friend Amanda (Katie Cassidy). After receiving consent and arriving at Paris the two girls meet a Parisian named Peter (Nicolas Giraud) who offers to give a ride on a taxi for a ride downtown to the two ladies. This piece of offering is what leads to the kidnapping....

Google Search

i don't know about the rest of you guys, but my search history looks very suspicious right now.
That's why my husband always says, "You better hope that I never turn up dead or missing." Seriously, more pieces to the puzzle than just the search history! May I suggest that you return that bathrobe and toilet paper? ;)

JMO.

Could still be a hoax. Maybe she wasn't there, indeed. Now we know the police won't come out with information they're not really, really sure about.
Keep listening to JB... he just said he called the Red Roof Inn up on the phone.

He also said that Alabama used to be his prime media market; and that reporters in the area are quite aggressive, lol.

Also, I commend their work and their timing, not coming forward with the facts of the matter too soon. It gives the impression that they wanted to have everything lined up to be able to come forward and say for sure there isn't a threat for the neighborhood, while avoiding discrediting her story publicly for as long as possible. That would've looked really bad, imho.
I would really love to have a beer with these men after work...

That's exactly the source, random SM screencaps.
Her story details aren't even slightly convincing. She doesn't sound all there to me.
Agreed. Her actions show incredible immaturity and extreme selfishness. All of this was done to get attention from someone……I wonder who? Details were carefully crafted to show her in a heroic light.
imo

CR gave so many details which is questionable in itself. The man came from out of woods and a female also appears at one point yet she didn't see the female only heard the female's voice. Every detail of the story was to the extreme.

I really hope CR gets some help, very soon! Glad she is not hurt, but this is a huge red flag and I hope this won't be ignored that she needs assistance with well-being. I'm sure charges are coming; however, other concerns need addressed too. MOO

And they took her clothes off but when she got home she had $$ in her sock?

The abductors took the snacks, robe and toilet paper when they took her as well apparently because those were not in the car.

Also, I commend their work and their timing, not coming forward with the facts of the matter too soon. It gives the impression that they wanted to have everything lined up to be able to come forward and say for sure there isn't a threat for the neighborhood, while avoiding discrediting her story publicly for as long as possible. That would've looked really bad, imho.
And....they gave plenty of opportunity for Carlee to come to them with correct info. Life is much easier when you tell the truth, even if painful in the moment. She didn't take that opportunity.

jmo

I'm a bit confused why LE cannot just bring her downtown for questioning. She is not a minor. Why does she have a choice not to talk to investigators? She can bring her attorney with her.
From what I have seen on television, if the person is not under arrest, they do not have to go or cooperate. Period. The Chief said that there is no risk to the public. He basically said that this is a hoax. I think, by saying that they will figure out where she was for the 48 hours, if anyone else is involved, he or she better step forward now.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member