Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning, I went to work at a spa. Worked a full day and after my last client, I removed my Apple Watch, placed it in my purse and cleaned my treatment room. I got in my car, went to pick up food for my mom and I. I also went and bought snacks, butter cookies and a coke to be exact. Then I got in my car, removed my wig, because it’s 93 degrees and hot in my city. I placed the wig in the passenger seat and put on a baseball cap.

I did all of that so I could get home, watch the press conference and catch up on WS.

YALL…I am outdone.

The balding man with orange hair…
My friend jokingly said, “Carlee gave a description of Pennywise.”

So, where was she? It's hard to believe she was hiding out in the (small) wooded area near her car for a couple days. A bathrobe, a roll of TP, and a 5 minute head start from when the police arrived after her 911 call and then she had to avoid searchers the next day(s). It doesn't sound plausible to me but stranger things have happened, I suppose. It just seems like someone else had to be involved in her concealment. Maybe she knows someone in that neighborhood on the other side of the woods or she was picked up there by someone? JMO.
That's why I think that someone else is involved. The police were there in five minutes. She can't move that fast??!! Plus, the Chief said that they used drones. Now, I don't know how long afterwards that drones were employed. They also used canines and found nothing. Both things kind of tell me that she might have been picked up by someone.

JMO.

Why didn't she say "Hey everyone I need a break, I'm going to go for a weekend SPA retreat, please no calls or texts, I need a break."
I mean everyone understands that right? Is her bf so controlling she had to come up with an elaborate hoax, if so she needs some serious help getting away from him.
If you dating anyone who won't allow you to go on a two day vacation alone to relax is way too controlling.
Interesting that your view here is the boufriend " being controlling" .
I think if this case does not go silent we will hear alot about her behaivor and it won't be good.
Possible multiple love interest not knowing of each other.
JMHO IMO OMO all that jazz.

That's why I think that someone else is involved. The police were there in five minutes. She can't move that fast??!! Plus, the Chief said that they used drones. Now, I don't know how long afterwards that drones were employed. They also used canines and found nothing. Both things kind of tell me that she might have been picked up by someone.

JMO.
Did she rent the room herself at Red Roof?

Yeah. I heard that, too. Plus, I thought about a toddler's soft feet and the hot road full of glass and debris. Sorry, but I found that hard to believe. I couldn't walk 10 feet on the side of a road much less 600 feet. Plus if I saw a toddler, I would have swiftly pulled over and gotten out of my vehicle to swoop up the child. That's me, though. Get the child first. Then, make the call second.

I would sound excitable and out of breath. The operator would be saying to me, "Calm down, M'am. I can't understand you. Slow down. Now, what are you saying? Quit screaming. Talk in a normal tone."

JMO.
I thought the implication has always been strong (at least... insofar as anything that Carlee told the world can now be said to be relied upon), that the nonexistent toddler was wading through all that grass I think I saw on the admittedly dark security camera; not on the shoulder of the road itself...?

Not that it really matters, insofar as it's all theoretical and doesn't represent anything in reality; but even Carlee didn't attempt to say the kid was trudging barefoot down the literal highway (I don't think).

Interesting that your view here is the boufriend " being controlling" .
I think if this case does not go silent we will hear alot about her behaivor and it won't be good.
Possible multiple love interest not knowing of each other.
JMHO IMO OMO all that jazz.

It's just a thought. I'm not attached to it.
There are all kinds of crazy scenarios running through my mind, from scams to hoaxes trying to become TikTok internet famous overnight. Her bf has a blue check so has quite a following.

Gotcha.

And why TP? Her parents have a lovely home and good jobs, and Carlee had a job. No need to steal a basic toiletry item. Was she planning on camping out for the weekend in a bathrobe in the woods? I can't get my head around that item.

Agreed, thinking through the illogical and irrational decisions of someone who is old enough to know better just isn’t possible.
But… if I imagine what a spoiled twelve or fourteen year old would think and do… I get closer. ;)

JMO

What stood out to me about this call is the complete lack of urgency in her voice.
If I saw a small child on the side of a busy highway at night, I'd be terrified for that child and the tone of my voice would 100% reflect that.

The way she's talking, she sounds like she could be talking about doing laundry or what's on her grocery list.
Zero urgency at all, even without knowing what her "baseline" speaking voice sounds like.

jmo
I'm a horse trainer and I was trying to listen to the presser while watching a kid and pony warm up. They got about 25 seconds into the 911 call before I turned it off with all the confirmation I needed that this was a hoax.

She also hesitated after each question the operator asks, clearly trying to make up an answer.

Good point!
Did she say the perp had a weapon? She could have just ran away from them/him.
I thought I read here from an article she stated she got out of a moving car to escape? Is this correct?
I don't think I have heard one word about the "perp" having a weapon. Now, that really makes you go hmmmm.

My best guess -- they're nice robes. She knew she wasn't coming back. Couldn't resist taking one as a parting gift to herself.

Perhaps some stiff consequences are in order and maybe they'll drop her down a few pegs. The world isn't hers to exploit.

JMO

I hope her former employer files charges.
This isn’t the prank of a ten year old who shouldn’t be expected to understand all of the ramifications of such poor choices- this is a degreed woman of 25 who was in nursing school.
It may be that LE runs into her again in the future, and I wonder what she has pulled in the past. No way this was her first act, she is too entitled and dishonest to start at 25.

JMO

Agreed. I can't imagine seeing a toddler on the interstate, at any time of day or night, with no one else stopping, and not get out of my car and put the child in my car. I'd lock the doors, call 911, and wait for the LE. To me, that's when her story started falling apart.

Why didn't she say "Hey everyone I need a break, I'm going to go for a weekend SPA retreat, please no calls or texts, I need a break."
I mean everyone understands that right? Is her bf so controlling she had to come up with an elaborate hoax, if so she needs some serious help getting away from him.
If you dating anyone who won't allow you to go on a two day vacation alone to relax is way too controlling.
The billion dollar question many of us are still scratching our heads over. She's 25, not 15. She can move around the cabin as she pleases. What was her goal with this attention? Did she even consider that even if she was just missing for 12 hours and didn't obtain international notoriety that she'd hurt friends and family with extreme worry?

I thought the implication has always been strong (at least... insofar as anything that Carlee told the world can now be said to be relied upon), that the nonexistent toddler was wading through all that grass I think I saw on the admittedly dark security camera; not on the shoulder of the road itself...?

Not that it really matters, insofar as it's all theoretical and doesn't represent anything in reality; but even Carlee didn't attempt to say the kid was trudging barefoot down the literal highway (I don't think).
As we know now, both were lies; however, it also wouldn't make sense for Carlee to have been able to see a toddler in tall grass at night while traveling 60-70 mph down a very busy interstate, IMO.

I always thought that she told the 911 operator that she saw a toddler walking alone on the side of the interstate??

BTW - When I viewed the video, I never did see that toddler although others said that they saw something?? Disclaimer: I don't have the best eyesight. ;)

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members