Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe the parents actions now are an attempt to rescue…their child’s future. As a parent myself, i can understand that.

They have built a lovely, secure life for themselves, and like most parents, want to feel their children will have that same life…or better…in the future. Especially when the parent cannot be the source of income or financial security anymore.

She is 25…and still seems to be an very immature adolescent. My guess is that she wants the ‘rich girl’ lifestyie without the parental control. She wants lots and lots of attention and money.Did she think she would get to keep the Go-fund-me’s if the scam worked?

But if one combines the ‘image’ that Carlee created of herself on social media…with these allegations of gross lying, hoaxing, and of cavalier petty theft from her employer, not for NEED, but for a SCAM…the parents have a real challenge to repair her future prospects.

There isn't a single thing her parents can do to fix this for her. The ONLY thing that will help Carlee put her life back together is to own her actions. Publicly apologize and make restitution for her behavior. On her own.

I gave carlee the benefit of the doubt and am so sad and disappointed to find out it was a hoax. I don’t even understand what motivated her to do something so bizarre.

Her July 10 Twitter entry mentions her boyfriend cheated on her. I think that was the nexus for what she did. It was a poorly thought out plan to punish and frighten him. She sounds very high maintenance with her quest for pink Rolexes, etc.

I've known a couple of women who drove the men in their lives away for their constant desire for material possessions whether that be a bigger home, a flashier car, and an unending supply of cash. They don't get it when they are left for someone not as attractive, maybe even older than them. They engage in self destructive behavior which affects their children.

i believe the parents actions now are an attempt to rescue…their child’s future. As a parent myself, i can understand that.

They have built a lovely, secure life for themselves, and like most parents, want to feel their children will have that same life…or better…in the future. Especially when the parent cannot be the source of income or financial security anymore.

She is 25…and still seems to be an very immature adolescent. My guess is that she wants the ‘rich girl’ lifestyie without the parental control. She wants lots and lots of attention and money.Did she think she would get to keep the Go-fund-me’s if the scam worked?

But if one combines the ‘image’ that Carlee created of herself on social media…with these allegations of gross lying, hoaxing, and of cavalier petty theft from her employer, not for NEED, but for a SCAM…the parents have a real challenge to repair her future prospects.
Maybe that's part of the problem, CR's parents have done everything for her and fixed things IDK. This wasn't just some silly prank, real people's time (LE, SS, the public searchers, etc.) and resources were wasted.

They will not be able, nor should they try, to fix this mess she's gotten herself into this time. She needs to learn a lesson of 'make bad choices = face the consequences'. I feel sorry for her parents.

MOO

This case kinda reminded me of the RunawayBride in 2005- Jennifer Wilbanks- She was missing for 3 days-- she didn't want to get married so she ran away. You can google it. I believe she was charged for search efforts. She was charged with making false statements.
I thought of the same case!!! Could remember her name

There isn't a single thing her parents can do to fix this for her. The ONLY thing that will help Carlee put her life back together is to own her actions. Publicly apologize and make restitution for her behavior. On her own.

Yes I don’t believe other people can be fixers, it’s all up to her.

Just to be fair to her parents, her "daddy" tweets could actually be complete lies.
We do know she's REALLY good at telling tall tales, so maybe her daddy tweets are who she wishes he was?

I know someone who posts the most outrageous, false crap about one of her parents, and it's mind-boggling.
Just some food for thought.
I noticed her daddy tweets go all the way back to 2012. She would have been what, 14 years old? Tweeting stuff at least daily, with virtually no replies to her tweets. I mean, what’s the point? I guess she just wanted to tweet.
The Psychology degree was stated a few times in the last threads. The MA however I just read in one of the posts after the PC.
I recalled it was a Bachelors degree. Does she have an MA?

Just in case we start feeling too sorry for Carlee, Aniah really was kidnapped, robbed, and murdered while driving home. Her poor mother was one of the volunteers searching.
I don't feel sorry for her in the slightest.
She created this disaster.
Not only did she create it, she planned it, days in advance, according to her google searches.

Now she'll have to deal with the consequences, however awful and unpleasant they are.
And for what she did, those consequences should be awful and unpleasant.

I'd like to hope it will be a wake-up call for her and she'll grow up.

jmo

I do believe she planned this, but o don’t think it was well thought out. IE people’s reactions, the fact that she was missing going nationwide etc. or maybe she truly thought her parents and boyfriend didn’t care enough to push this far? Or maybe it was payback for someone telling her no? Maybe she figured with a psychology degree she was smart enough to pull it off and figured why not try? We will probably never get the actual truth about why she did this.
Correct, she sounds and acts 15 not 25 .

I noticed her daddy tweets go all the way back to 2012. She would have been what, 14 years old? Tweeting stuff at least daily, with virtually no replies to her tweets. I mean, what’s the point? I guess she just wanted to tweet.

I recalled it was a Bachelors degree. Does she have an MA?

I really wonder about the Bachelors Degree in psychology given we‘ve learned she is not always truthful. What’s the source of that information I wonder? I also question how she achieved that, then flunks nursing school.

IMO, just Carlee should pay for everything. She’s 25. I was already a mother at 24; she’s an adult.

I do think her parents were unaware of her scheme, or they would not have organized such a search knowing it would bring more publicity.

JMO.
I am not suggesting her family should pay it- she should pay it, but I think a bill outlining all the money, time and agencies that searched for her might be a wakeup call to her mother and father-- the reality of the situation.- I am sure they remain in denial and it may be nothing can change that, but a bill for services rendered is a step in the right direction.

The fake disappearance is all on Carlee, hiding from LE now is not helping her nor is it helping her parents. She needs to come clean and start paying her dues. I sure wouldn't want to be in that home right now. The world had their back last week and look at where they are this week! shew

I knew a SS agent years ago (I know, weird) and picked his brain about pretty much everything I could think of :)

I learned that LE will often consult their experts (and the expert's tools) in digital retrieval, fraud investigations, etc. So it didn't surprise me to learn that they came on board for Carlee's case. I'm not sure if they mentioned specifically at the presser what role the SS played but my guess would be it had something to do with digital data retrieval.

jmo
Thank you for this information. I had no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3