AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25.

Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25.(Source: Hoover Police)
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Hoover Police say on July 13, around 9:30 p.m., the Hoover 911 Center received a call from a 25-year-old woman on I-459 South near mile marker 11 who reported she saw a toddler walking on the side of the interstate.

After calling 911, the woman stopped to check on the child and called a family member to report the same details. The family member lost contact with her, but the line remained open.

Police say officers who were already en route to the location of the initial 911 call located the female’s vehicle and some of her belongings nearby, but were unable to find her or a child in the area. Hoover Police have not received any other calls of someone missing a small child.

Detectives are currently investigating this incident and are requesting the public’s assistance to help locate the missing person. She is identified as Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, a 25-year-old black female who is 5′4, 150-160 pounds.

Authorities say Russell was last seen wearing a black shirt, black pants and white Nike shoes.

Anyone who believes they may have seen Russell or may have any information about this case is asked to call Detective Brad Fountain at 205-444-7562.

According to Hoover Police, Carlethia “Carlee” Russell called police to report a toddler walking on the side of I-459 near Exit 10 around 9:30 pm on Thursday. Russell then called a family member to tell them she was stopping to check on the child.

When police arrived in the area they located Russell’s car and some of her belongings nearby, but did not find her or a child.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
STOP with the bickering, personalizing, victim blaming and speculation grounded in facts not known at this point in the case. ETA: Bringing race, politics, religion or sexual orientation into a discussion that has nothing to do with any one of these things turns into an argument very quickly. You will receive 2 warning points that remain on your user account indefinitely.

Thanks!

Found it, zoom broadcast with parent’s July 14th @ 10:30pm, day after the daughter disappeared they had went to Atlanta. Mother says, aside from it was a planned trip, they distributed flyers in Georgia. At the end of the zoom she is asked “What is your message to your daughter and her potential abductor, if they are watching?”. What I got from that, she hardly takes a breath — “..Not letting negative thoughts enter our heads, knows she scared, praying, trusting god that you will come home safely, praying……”

While Hoover PD has been commended for their work on this case, it seems they’re in no rush to lay charges. They must have a good reason to be treading so lightly while the SM sharks are out for blood.

So once again I‘m contemplating the possibility Carlee had initially intended to take her life by suicide and for some reason changed her mind. Better to leave her parents with the memory of a random stranger kidnapping and murdering her instead of suicide, if that indeed was her ultimate plan. Later what else to do but create a fake story….we can know creative writing isn’t in her future. JMO

When asked if law enforcement was planning on charging Ms Russell on Wednesday, Mr Derzis replied: “To be perfectly honest with you, that hasn’t even entered our mind or been discussed.”
I think they’re gathering all of the evidence they can and tie it in a neat bow before charging her. They may also be giving her an opportunity to come forward on her own to tell what really happened.

I’m still catching up but what about the boyfriend? Was she trying to get his attention? Make him jealous? Make him go away? He scrubbed her from his SM.
He scrubbed her from his social but today he was defending her per the quoted MSM link.
Interesting that the wig she carried with her was a platinum blonde.

Interesting that the wig she carried with her was a platinum blonde.

This is believed the last photo of CR wearing the platinum wig before the hoax-- taken at the day spa at the end of her shift. I think she's wearing the same wig in all the photos online from the 4 July trip to NYC with the bf. I was shocked to read the estimated value of the wig -- and why once it was reported that CR left her wig behind, most of the black women in AL knew this was a hoax per the women cited by the NYP, linked by OP.

1690108032230.png

Photo MSM link

This is believed the last photo of CR wearing the platinum wig before the hoax-- taken at the day spa at the end of her shift. I think she's wearing the same wig in all the photos online from the 4 July trip to NYC with the bf. I was shocked to read the estimated value of the wig -- and why once it was reported that CR left her wig behind, most of the black women in AL knew this was a hoax per the women cited by the NYP, linked by OP.

View attachment 436589

Photo MSM link
Maybe that's what she was doing for the missing time between work and the 911 call - undoing the wig. Did she always wear a cap to work? Could she have not adhered it as well that morning, using the cap to hold it on, so that she could remove it quickly later?

jmo

Bus Ticket Search
Does anyone think she actually went to Nashville? Is it possible bus ticket search was for someone else?
Is it possible she traveled somewhere using the cheap bus companies, like Tornado. All along I've been thinking she may have trying to run away with thr 1 way ticket (search). She could have had a way back from wherever she was going.

In order to remain in hospital she’d have to admit to mental issues. Maybe she just wasn’t ready? Maybe she’d never admit it to anyone. If the google searches related to suicide, LE would know (question would be if that was part of the set up).

Her father did make an attempt at insinuating things weren’t all okay with her, maybe she‘s been readmitted?

“Carlos Russell, her father, added that she has been struggling with “bad dreams” and “moments where some things make her cringe, afraid,” since returning to her family. “Just different things that trigger [her],” he stated.”
Do we have any indication that there were searches about suicide, searches by CR at any time? She was searching going to Nashville. Not suicidal imoo.

Do we have any indication that there were searches about suicide, searches by CR at any time? She was searching going to Nashville. Not suicidal imoo.

Purely speculation. But during the press conference various google searches by her were revealed but not all, some were deemed “personal” and withheld by LE.

View attachment 436589

Photo MSM link

“MH, a nurse from Fayette, told The Post that all black women immediately knew Russell was lying — and it’s because of the wig.

“We all knew,” she said.

“A black woman’s hair is her glory. There are three things a black woman has that you don’t mess with: Her kids, her money, and her hair. That’s what gave her away.”….”

“MH, a nurse from Fayette, told The Post that all black women immediately knew Russell was lying — and it’s because of the wig.

“We all knew,” she said.

“A black woman’s hair is her glory. There are three things a black woman has that you don’t mess with: Her kids, her money, and her hair. That’s what gave her away.”….”
I don’t understand how the wig being left behind “gave her away”. Can anyone help me understand?

I thought Carlee left it behind to make it seem like she was kidnapped for exactly the reason stated - because she otherwise would have never left it behind. Leaving it behind was meant (IMO) to give the impression of “omg, she left her wig behind - she MUST have been taken because no way she would’ve left it on her own free will.”

So how did her leaving it behind make it obvious that it was a lie? To me it would’ve been more obvious that she lied if she had been sure to bring it with her.

Or was it left behind so people couldn’t as easily identify her?? Idk I’m confusing myself haha

All JMO!

I don’t understand how the wig being left behind “gave her away”. Can anyone help me understand?

I thought Carlee left it behind to make it seem like she was kidnapped for exactly the reason stated - because she otherwise would have never left it behind. Leaving it behind was meant (IMO) to give the impression of “omg, she left her wig behind - she MUST have been taken because no way she would’ve left it on her own free will.”

So how did her leaving it behind make it obvious that it was a lie? To me it would’ve been more obvious that she lied if she had been sure to bring it with her.

Or was it left behind so people couldn’t as easily identify her?? Idk I’m confusing myself haha

All JMO!
I could be wrong but I think it's because wigs are so incredibly expensive. If she was honestly kidnapped they would not have taken her wig off, they would have just grabbed her. Her taking the wig off is similar to her taking the Apple watch off. She left all her valuables in the car which makes no sense.

It would be like you trying to fake falling overboard on a yacht so you could sue the owner. But when they looked in your handbag on deck, they found that you took off all your jewelry and stashed it for safe keeping before you "fell" overboard.

Last edited:

View attachment 436589

Photo MSM link
Right, I was surprised to read at the end of that article just how much the wig left behind made black women immediately believe it was a hoax. One more thing Carlee didn’t anticipate.

I could be wrong but I think it's because wigs are so incredibly expensive. If she was honestly kidnapped they would not have taken her wig off, they would have just grabbed her. Her taking the wig off is similar to her taking the Apple watch off. She left all her valuables in the car which makes no sense.

It would be like you trying to fake falling overboard on yacht so you could sue the owner. But when they looked in your handbag on deck, they found that you took off all your jewelry and stashed it for safe keeping before you "fell" overboard.
Exactly.

All JMO!
The article explained that removing the wig is a very lengthy process. I had been thinking about a wig that just stretches on and off.

Was she stopped long enough to remove it in the car? Or maybe in the Target parking lot? If this was such a ‘tell’ to the Black community, I wonder how her parents perceived it?

From the article:

It is custom fitted and takes 10-15 minutes to remove, as it is actually glued to the scalp in some places. Custom wigs can cost as much as $800 — $200 at the bare minimum, they said.

Sorry I'm not caught up on this, been working, but can anyone tell me if she was ever able to give A description of who kidnapped her? Also where she was held before she was able to escape? I know she's back home safe now, but still wondering if there's a description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*