Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The defendant was previously in Alabama state custody but was transferred to Lauderdale County over the Ridgeway killing."

Has anyone seen mention of when CW was transferred from state custody into Lauderdale County custody? How recent was this?

'Whether She Assisted Him or Not, We Don’t Know': Nationwide Manhunt as Alabama Murder Suspect and Deputy Vanish Under Mysterious Circumstances
I went down that rabbit trail and came away perplexed. In Sep 2020 he was transferred from state prison to Lauderdale County Jail for an arraignment hearing on Oct 2, 2020 for the murder of Connie Ridgeway. They day before the arraignment shivs were discovered in his cell and a plot to take hostages and escape was uncovered. At the arraignment, the judge ordered him back to state prison because county jail could not handle him. That's straightforward enough.

He was brought back to Lauderdale County jail because his trial is scheduled for June, reportedly. The murky part is WHEN that transfer took place, if it did. Or if he was ever transferred back to state prison in the first place. AL DOC still shows him as an inmate at the state prison, not at Lauderdale County.

So when did he arrive at Lauderdale County? Did he ever actually leave in the first place? I can't find any information about the movement of this prisoner between Oct 2020, when the judge ordered him back to prison, and now. He could have been at Lauderdale County all along since Sep 2020 or just arrived back there in Apr 2022. It's impossible to say. IMO

We all like to give the benefit of the doubt, especially to people who got themselves into terrible trouble through their own actions.

However, IMO I can't figure any scenario in which VW is not culpable. I see the links here in which some MSM and some from LE point the finger directly at her, while others say "perhaps he forced her, overpowered her" etc.

How would that be possible? A poster earlier mentioned that she was taking him from the jail and so there were other LE around. Of course all the articles cited in this thread talk about how she COMPLETELY broke protocol by taking him out alone, and she is the one who told the others that she was doing so. Sort of like "stand down, I've got this."

If she were "forced," then while at the sheriff's office, with LE all around and CW in a jail cell, how was she forced or overpowered? It just seems completely illogical.

Why not tell your deputies that CW is making threats or whatever it may be, and then there would be some kind of follow-through to tighten his security?

Her suspicious story about taking him for a fake appointment---how could he manipulate her to say that when again--- he's in a cell, she's armed, and she's in her LE place of employment with LE colleagues everywhere?

If she weren't a party to this escape, she would have reported these things and he'd be hopefully remanded with multiple deputies, in handcuffs, to a more secure prison.

Between the bogus excuse of a doctor's appointment, the convenience of retiring from her job, the absolute flouting of protocol (and common sense), and the already-in-place excuse of not feeling well so she won't be back soon, I can't reasonably imagine an innocent scenario for her.

IMO too, she is going to get more than she bargained for, if she envisioned herself in some honeymoon situation. I hope she's alive. It all depends on CW's mindset. Has she served her purpose and he has no more need to whisper sweet nothings in her ear? Or does he need her as a bargaining chip, as some kind of hostage situation?

There's an inkling of me that feels sorry for her, because she was so manipulated. But not as much sympathy as I'd normally feel, because she's spent 25 years as a correction officer, and IMO should have been a lot wiser than a rookie to fall for this.

Jmo

And if VW submitted those retirement papers *a day earlier* and didn't think there might be more processing of them needed, did she really think they wouldn't be able to track her withdrawals, whether the retirement funds were a pension or 401k? Payments would perhaps be direct deposited into a bank account *somewhere* on a regular basis. Or perhaps she chose a one-time lump sum withdrawal of the funds.

Edited to add - last part got omitted above. Meant to add to last sentence - even a one-time lump sum withdrawal, which would be subject to penalties if she isn't 59 1/2 years old, has to go somewhere so you can access the funds!

That's the one thing holding me back from 100% thinking she was in on this. It makes no sense.

The family of an Alabama jail official who disappeared with a murder inmate on Friday says she was a 'sweet person' who wouldn't have helped a 'killer' escape, as investigators zero in on 'bogus claims' she made before picking him up from jail.

Frances White, Vicky's former mother-in-law, tells DailyMail.com that she last spoke to her about a month ago. She says the accusations against Vicky don't match the 'awfully good person' she knows.

More at Family of Alabama jail officer who 'helped an inmate escape' says she wouldn't have gone willingly | Daily Mail Online

We all like to give the benefit of the doubt, especially to people who got themselves into terrible trouble through their own actions.

However, IMO I can't figure any scenario in which VW is not culpable. I see the links here in which some MSM and some from LE point the finger directly at her, while others say "perhaps he forced her, overpowered her" etc.

How would that be possible? A poster earlier mentioned that she was taking him from the jail and so there were other LE around. Of course all the articles cited in this thread talk about how she COMPLETELY broke protocol by taking him out alone, and she is the one who told the others that she was doing so. Sort of like "stand down, I've got this."

If she were "forced," then while at the sheriff's office, with LE all around and CW in a jail cell, how was she forced or overpowered? It just seems completely illogical.

Why not tell your deputies that CW is making threats or whatever it may be, and then there would be some kind of follow-through to tighten his security?

Her suspicious story about taking him for a fake appointment---how could he manipulate her to say that when again--- he's in a cell, she's armed, and she's in her LE place of employment with LE colleagues everywhere?

If she weren't a party to this escape, she would have reported these things and he'd be hopefully remanded with multiple deputies, in handcuffs, to a more secure prison.

Between the bogus excuse of a doctor's appointment, the convenience of retiring from her job, the absolute flouting of protocol (and common sense), and the already-in-place excuse of not feeling well so she won't be back soon, I can't reasonably imagine an innocent scenario for her.

IMO too, she is going to get more than she bargained for, if she envisioned herself in some honeymoon situation. I hope she's alive. It all depends on CW's mindset. Has she served her purpose and he has no more need to whisper sweet nothings in her ear? Or does he need her as a bargaining chip, as some kind of hostage situation?

There's an inkling of me that feels sorry for her, because she was so manipulated. But not as much sympathy as I'd normally feel, because she's spent 25 years as a correction officer, and IMO should have been a lot wiser than a rookie to fall for this.

Jmo
Well said and I totally agree.

The family of an Alabama jail official who disappeared with a murder inmate on Friday says she was a 'sweet person' who wouldn't have helped a 'killer' escape, as investigators zero in on 'bogus claims' she made before picking him up from jail.

Frances White, Vicky's former mother-in-law, tells DailyMail.com that she last spoke to her about a month ago. She says the accusations against Vicky don't match the 'awfully good person' she knows.

More at Family of Alabama jail officer who 'helped an inmate escape' says she wouldn't have gone willingly | Daily Mail Online

snipped from the article:

However, Frances White, Vicky's former mother-in-law, told DailyMail.com on Sunday that the accusations against Vicky don't match the 'awfully good person' she knows.

'I can't understand her leaving with a guy she knew was a murderer,' said Frances, 88, who said she last spoke to her about a month ago. 'If he killed one person, he'd kill another.'

The in-law did not say when White divorced her son or whether they had any children.

From the linked DM article:

"Frances, 88, says Vicky was married to her son Tommy White more than 16 years ago for about two to three years, eventually leaving him when his drug problems got bad."

and

"Vicky and Tommy were married for about three years, Frances said, raising cattle on a farm right across the street from her home.

'She raised baby cows and stuff, and she worked hard,' Frances said.

She added that Vicky remained close with her and her son even after the divorce. Tommy died in January after struggles with Parkinson's Disease.

'Before my son got to where he couldn't drive, Vicky would always - she would come out to the car and help him in."

Based on the linked DM article and info it gives about VW's ex-husband, I believe this may be his obituary...

Tommy White Obituary (2022) | Lexington, AL

Thomas Edward White

Was reading your comment above about who in that jail had the kind of power and control. Then what would a person's motive be in arranging the escape. One factor I would be looking at closely is who hired CW to kill Ms Ridgeway. If it was a murder for hire, someone would want CW out of jail, and not able to testify.
Regarding who hired CW to kill Ms Ridgeway, is that individual known? If not, why would CW keep his mouth shut and not out the person.
If known, where is he, was he apprehended for murder for hire? Is he in prison?

Or might CW want revenge and go after him if he is still free? Or the person himself orchestrated this as you opine?

279645144_10228724601079410_3536802165362155180_n.jpg

<modsnip -quoted post removed>

I added more to my previous post. According to the DailyMail article, it says Tommy was VW's ex-husband with the ex-mother-in-law being Francis.

Unless DailyMail was talking to the wrong person (which is entirely possible).

Last edited:
Was reading your comment above about who in that jail had the kind of power and control. Then what would a person's motive be in arranging the escape. One factor I would be looking at closely is who hired CW to kill Ms Ridgeway. If it was a murder for hire, someone would want CW out of jail, and not able to testify.
I'm not buying the hit man confession for a minute. He's already in state prison until 2090 and a confession to a death penalty crime is not going to help him one bit. A crime they never even looked at him for or questioned him about, to boot.

Not to mention he suddenly and conveniently claimed "insanity" once he reached his goal of getting back to Lauderdale County jail. And then conveniently escaped. If he confessed in a moment of conscience and wanted to take accountability why would he suddenly claim to be insane and then escape from the jail?

If he wanted to take down the person or people that hired him he would have. But he didn't. He left for better pastures. Which, for him, is any place that is not prison. That confession was a complete ruse and the fact that it worked is beyond comprehension. IMO

White is obviously a very common name. Just thought it was interesting that—in addition to Vicki White and Casey White—a family friend named “Mark White” was listed as planning an event to seek justice for Connie Ridgeway (who Casey White confessed to killing).

That makes 3 Whites connected to this family’s story, according to this news article. I wonder if any of them are related? It could be total coincidence given the number of people with this surname.

This Fox News article (Family and friends remember Connie Ridgeway in Rogersville | rocketcitynow.com) shares the following:

“Family and Friends gathered at Rogersville’s Heritage Park Friday afternoon to remember Connie Ridgeway and seek justice.”

“…Family friend Mark White organized the event. He says, ‘We come together here around October 23rd as a community to let the person know who did this, or persons who did this know, that we are going to find out who did it. And they will be arrested and they will be charged.’”

Regarding who hired CW to kill Ms Ridgeway, is that individual known? If not, why would CW keep his mouth shut and not out the person.
If known, where is he, was he apprehended for murder for hire? Is he in prison?

Or might CW want revenge and go after him if he is still free? Or the person himself orchestrated this as you opine?

LE might not have been able to collect any evidence against UHHM. (Unknown hirer of hit man.)

Or, they might even think that UHHM doesn’t exist.

Or, UHHM might have been so cagey that CW doesn’t know who he is. (I feel fairly confident that you don’t pay a hit man with a check.)

One serious question is: why did CW confess? How likely is it that he confessed because he thought being in the jail was a better strategic position for him?

All this my own speculations

The Daily Mail article lines up with other stuff I’ve seen: divorced, no kids, she’s a nice person, a good friend, dedicated to her job, and treats prisoners like human beings.

I really want to believe she’s innocent, but the fake mental health appointment… it’s not looking good, and I’m not conspiracy-minded enough to think another officer was in cahoots with CW and made up the appointment and set up VW.

The Daily Mail article lines up with other stuff I’ve seen: dicorced, no kids, she’s a nice person, a good friend, dedicated to her job, and treats prisoners like human beings.

I really want to believe she’s innocent, but the fake mental health appointment… it’s not looking good, and I’m not conspiracy-minded enough to think another officer was in cahoots with CW and made up the appointment and set up VW.
Agreed. More likely that her orders carried weight since she was Assistant Director of Corrections. They may have felt she had authority to overstep policy or have felt like there would be negative repercussions for not honoring the Assistant Director’s apparent wish? (Speculating.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela