Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never understood that, either! My knowledge of prison is from movies, so may not be accurate, LOL. Thinking of the "Orange is the New Black" series where a male guard had a sexual affair with a female inmate and got her pregnant (I seem to recall they used a broom closet for their encounters?), I guess it can happen if the person is not always in their cell. If they're on kitchen duty or some kind of duty with guards interacting... but still, I totally agree with you. There's no privacy, or at least shouldn't be. Might be one thing to have a quick you-know-what but to PLAN something like this?
She was second in command so I think that this was crucial in the way this all went down.

I've never understood that, either! My knowledge of prison is from movies, so may not be accurate, LOL. Thinking of the "Orange is the New Black" series where a male guard had a sexual affair with a female inmate and got her pregnant (I seem to recall they used a broom closet for their encounters?), I guess it can happen if the person is not always in their cell. If they're on kitchen duty or some kind of duty with guards interacting... but still, I totally agree with you. There's no privacy, or at least shouldn't be. Might be one thing to have a quick you-know-what but to PLAN something like this?
She was second in command so I think that this was crucial in the way this all went down. SORRY Double Post By Me!

56 year old Vicky Davis/White's mother comments on her disappearance; describes her as a missing "kid".

"I lie in there at night and you can't get it off your mind, and then when you wake up if you do fall asleep, that's the first thing that you think of... You know if you got a kid and she's out there, it's just like she's in danger and we don't know where she's at," she says.

According to Davis, Vicky had been living with her for the past five weeks, ever since Vicky sold her house. Davis says her daughter didn't speak about work often, never bringing up retirement and never mentioning inmate White in conversation.

"You know, I never heard of him, never seen his picture, nothing. I didn't know anything about him," she says.

upload_2022-5-1_22-18-6.png
Mother pleas for missing Lauderdale County corrections officer to come home

LHV7VAFT5VHLFJ5Y7HD7BT6DLE.JPG

ACOTBR2SBVGEBB6YG2PQLOUTJI.jpg

upload_2022-5-1_22-23-26.png

Hunt ongoing for missing Alabama capital murder suspect, corrections officer who violated policy

And somehow she thought no one would think transferring him to the courthouse for a mental health evaluation was odd, as apparently none take place there! Does make you wonder how many others in the facility were in on this, but why??
If one looks at it as you stated here, the only reason I can think of is money or perhaps an outlawed group is involved and CW is one of their men. Those are the only reasons I can think of but IMO i think this is more small scale, as in the two of them only.

Hmmm… I wonder if she still has the money from the sale of her house in her bank account or if she withdrew it in cash.
If none of the proceeds of the sale are in her account, then that is suspicious.
FBI must know by now what the proceeds were.

If not in her account, then likely withdrawn in cash......or, is it possible she set up a new hidden bank account? In another state, in another country?

It's definitely not the most well-run facility, that's for sure.

As of September 2021, the jail had seven open positions it needed to fill. New hires have quit their first day on the job because of staffing issues.

In November 2021, a former detention officer was arrested for smuggling meth inside the jail.

Sheriff Singleton also forced his deputy sheriff to take administrative leave after he announced he was going to run against Singleton.

Why in the world an inmate charged with capital murder and has a history of escape plans was allowed to be housed in this facility is beyond me.
I think the Sheriff has a lot to answer for. Everything will be scrutinized to the tiniest bit. Nothing will be left out. Perhaps the Sheriff's position is in jeapordy now, most probably.

If one looks at it as you stated here, the only reason I can think of is money or perhaps an outlawed group is involved and CW is one of their men. Those are the only reasons I can think of but IMO i think this is more small scale, as in the two of them only.

Vicky sold her house 5 weeks ago and moved in with her mother. She has made arrangements for all of her personal property. She resigned from her job, and did not tell her mother. She claimed that the inmate had an appointment and she alone (breaking protocol) would take him to the appointment. Roughly 6 hours later her colleagues realized something was wrong.

This seems to be a rather well planned adventure between a 38 year old prison inmate and his 56 year old jailer. Perhaps there was an element of excitement in their secret liaison.

What interests me is that the power/control balance between them. She has been in control since they met - he's in a cage, she has the keys. Today they have no keys or cage. How does that change the dynamics?

This case reminded me of this case:

The True Story of the Married Woman Who Smuggled Her Boyfriend Out of Prison in a Dog Crate

TL; DR
(It’s a very long article):

A 47-year-old woman is living an unfulfilled life in an unhappy marriage when she starts up a prison dog program at the local minimum-security prison. She meets a 25-year-old inmate who is currently serving a 90-year sentence for his involvement in a carjacking murder when he was 17. He sticks up for her when other inmates make threatening or vulgar comments about her and showers her with compliments. She catches feelings and they plot an escape plan. He hides inside of a box located inside of a dog crate and gets loaded up in her van with the rest of the dogs at the end of the day. She drives to a nearby storage unit she recently rented and switch out her van with a used truck she recently purchased with the $40,000 she’d withdrawn from her 401K. He changes into clothing she borrowed from her husband, they drop off the dogs and steal two guns that also belonged to her husband, and then drive 24 hours to a cabin she’d rented in backwoods Tennessee. No one in her family or the prison ever considered that she was a willing participant in his escape. They lived a life on the lam for two weeks, but the US Marshals eventually spot them at a nearby mall. They attempt to stop their truck when they leave and the inmate makes a run for it, but it’s not long before he crashes into a tree and surrenders. She went to jail for 27 months. Husband divorced her and her two adult sons no longer speak to her.

Regarding power balance between 56 year old Vicky and 38 year old Casey, and given Casey's history, it seems likely that she will become a victim the moment he feels threatened. She's old enough to be his mother, but I doubt that is the attraction.

What interests me is that the power/control balance between them. She has been in control since they met - he's in a cage, she has the keys. Today they have no keys or cage. How does that change the dynamics?
snipped for focus

IMO, she is now a liability, no longer of use to him.
Unless.....she had the wherewithal to keep control of something he needs....funds.
Possibly a secret bank account (house sale proceeds, maybe more) to which only she has access. However, given his violence....I dunno if even that could keep her alive.
IMO

Re: lack of oversight at the jail....

During/after the high-speed pursuit of CW in 2015, bodycam footage shows "deputies attempting to get White to surrender by offering him “a dip” of smokeless tobacco, followed by an offer of a Sundrop. The videos also show deputies telling White asking him to drop a firearm he was holding against his head after the pursuit stopped in a field. A deputy can be heard telling White that Sheriff Mike Blakely is on the way after White requested to speak to the sheriff." (BBM.)
BREAKING: Limestone Sheriff's Office releases videos from suspect pursuit
Now, that was in Limestone county vs. the current Lauderdale county setting, but I wonder if CW had/has some familiarity with certain LE that he feels might go easier on him? Or something? Connections, Old Boy Network, etc...??? MOO.

In light of that, it was interesting to read that the Limestone county sheriff Mike Blakely (mentioned above in re: to the 2015 incident) was later (in 2021) sentenced to three years in jail on theft & ethics charges.
Former Limestone Co. Sheriff sentenced to 36 months in jail
and
Former sheriff Mike Blakely speaks for the first time since conviction
"Blakely served as Limestone County’s Sheriff for nearly forty years. His career and benefits were all stripped away when Blakely was convicted of two theft and ethics charges in a trial that lasted for weeks." (BBM.)

Hmmm. To badly quote Shakespeare, something is rotten in the state of... Alabama.

MOO.
Interesting!

snipped for focus

IMO, she is now a liability, no longer of use to him.
Unless.....she had the wherewithal to keep control of something he needs....funds.
Possibly a secret bank account (house sale proceeds, maybe more) to which only she has access. However, given his violence....I dunno if even that could keep her alive.
IMO

To some degree, yes. Typically, when prisoners escape from jail they split up because they have a better chance of getting away as individuals rather than as a group. That would suggest that he should split with her as soon as he has escaped and they are both wanted.

On the one hand, I think his gut reaction would be to split up. On the other hand, she seems to be rather organized (sold her house, liquidated assets, resigned, filed pension documents, deceived her mother) so perhaps it's best for him to see what she has planned. Maybe she can pull this off - that would be a reason for him to go along with the plan.

The moment that he feels threatened, such as discovery by investigators, I think she will become a pawn in his decisions. Until then, it depends on the plan. Were they out of the country before they were discovered missing?

To some degree, yes. Typically, when prisoners escape from jail they split up because they have a better chance of getting away as individuals rather than as a group. That would suggest that he should split with her as soon as he has escaped and they are both wanted.

On the one hand, I think his gut reaction would be to split up. On the other hand, she seems to be rather organized (sold her house, liquidated assets, resigned, filed pension documents, deceived her mother) so perhaps it's best for him to see what she has planned. Maybe she can pull this off - that would be a reason for him to go along with the plan.

The moment that he feels threatened, such as discovery by investigators, I think she will become a pawn in his decisions. Until then, it depends on the plan. Were they out of the country before they were discovered missing?

bbm
Driving time between Huntsville (I couldn't find Lauderdale on the map, but the county is in the north of AL) to Mobile AL is 5 hours 10 minutes.
They weren't even "missing" within that time.
With the planning involved, they could have been on a boat to some island in the Caribbean by then.

bbm
Driving time between Huntsville (I couldn't find Lauderdale on the map, but the county is in the north of AL) to Mobile AL is 5 hours 10 minutes.
They weren't even "missing" within that time.
With the planning involved, they could have been on a boat to some island in the Caribbean by then.

I am curious about getting on a boat before they were noticed missing. Even after they were notice missing, I'm guessing it was another 2 hours before borders were notified. The nearest port seems to be straight South.

upload_2022-5-1_23-21-38.png

upload_2022-5-1_23-22-54.png

Looking at the big picture, we have a 56 year old woman who was married once for 2-3 years, but it didn't work out. When her ex-husband developed Parkinson's disease, she helped him.

She owned her own home. Did she buy that house wondering whether it would one day be filled with the laughter of children and grandchildren?

At age 56, when she lived alone, she decided to sell her home, liquidate her assets, and move into her mother's home. Five weeks later, she disappeared. Had she given up on her dreams?

What were his dreams. If he was not in prison for the rest of his life, did he discuss his dreams with other inmates?

Did she travel for vacation, and, if so, where to?

I suspect they are somewhere that he always wanted to visit, or where she has been and has felt safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper