Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. There are upsides and downsides to every option. My husband and I park our rental car inside our AirBnB garages often though. So if they went in at night and kept the curtains drawn and the porch light off, people might not even know anyone was there.

It’ll be so interesting to see how they pulled it off and whether there was a lot of pre-planning or just a lot of blind luck combined with LE misses.
ITA and your second paragraph sums it up perfectly for me.

I am trying to think through various options of where they go once the car is left in Bethesda. Do they have another vehicle just waiting in a supermarket parking lot somewhere? Do they head to a storage unit where a well-supplied van is stashed? Do they take a taxi to a train or bus station?

And then also, what tips might VW have left behind about their next destination? Had she taken off work to vacation anytime recently? Did she use this time to scout areas to hide out. If so, did she take her personal cell phone and did it ping while she was checking out the area?

So many questions.

This is roughly what I envisioned when I saw the half-assed attempt to spray paint the car.

I don't think the SUV broke down. I think they decided to try to make it less conspicuous, pulled onto a quiet rural road to stop and spray it, but it soon became clear it was going to take a lot of time and many cans of paint and still look pretty obviously orange underneath. But what other plan could they try?

Then maybe a car approached, and VW and CW decided to carjack the passing car and simply abandon the orange SUV and the painting project.

They could have lured the approaching driver to stop by pretending to need help. Obviously no dead body has been found at the site where the SUV was abandoned, but that doesn't mean they didn't kidnap and kill the driver and dump the body somewhere it hasn't yet been found or at least not tied to a missing vehicle from that vicinity.

Crazy, but not any less so than this whole story.

MOO
It’s not crazy. I know of real life cases of fugitives on the run, who were forced to abandon a vehicle when they learned the description was in the media—- and this did in fact lead to carjacking, abduction, and murder.

One such case is serial killer Christopher Wilder, who forced an abducted 16 year old girl to commit the carjacking/murder with him after he heard on the radio that his car was being sought by police.

Gotta wonder - was he driving alone when the car was abandoned???
I was thinking that perhaps two vehicles were stashed, Maybe not in the same lot where the police car was abandoned but near by and that they drove separately to Bethesda area and ditched the copper colored car and continued on in the second vehicle, which I think is a small camper truck, something small enough to put in a garage etc.
They had a week headstart in the second vehicle.
This way, if LE got one of them, the other remained free, at least for awhile.

I wonder if the paint was tacky when the tow truck driver picked up the car.

Where are you seeing photos of the house? I've looked on Zillow but haven't found anything yet.
VM placed the home up for auction in February but it failed to meet minimum bid. Maybe had it sold then, this jailbreak would have occurred sooner?

Auction info & pics of the home can be found here:

A tanning bed is shown in one pic.

Attachments

• w620bb67200b26.jpg
    w620bb67200b26.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 29
Is LE just assuming that CW/VW were the ones who attempted to spray paint the car? Perhaps someone local came by and saw an abandoned car with the keys and tried to alter its appearance and take it.

VM placed the home up for auction in February but it failed to meet minimum bid. Maybe had it sold then, this jailbreak would have occurred sooner?

I have a friend whose doctor sugested using a tanning bed for her arthritis. Maybe VW has arthritis too. That might also explain the waddle.

Another question I have is did anyone ever see CE and VW in the orange car or have they ever been captured by surveillance cameras in it? LE may be holding onto this info and that why it’s not out there more. But are we absolutely sure they were even in the orange vehicle that day? Or do we just know she bought an orange vehicle and so it was assumed that was the vehicle she was in? Just trying to dot our i’s and cross our t’s here.

I had originally thought that they may have been in the orange car when Bill Griffin saw them because he just called it “a vehicle” in the article. But that remains uncertain.

Last edited:

Thank you for the link. Zillow shows this home sold on 4/20 for $95 k but doesn't have any photos.

Last edited:
I think a short woman pushing a very tall man who weighs 250 to 300 lbs. in a wheelchair would only draw attention, not to mention him in drag. plus his knees would be under his chin in a regular sized wheelchair. I know, I fitted wheelchairs for 45 years as a therapist.
I am sitting here wondering how he fit behind the wheel of the little orange SUV without his knees hindering the steering wheel. I wonder if either front seat was pushed back as far as it would go. Would tell alot about who was in the car and who was driving. MOO MOO MOO

I don’t think they’re pushing a wheel chair anywhere at this point. Why would they have chosen to go anywhere where they’d even have to pass people walking down a city street? If VW is still alive—and I think there’s a possibility she is—they got out of dodge and are laying low somewhere off the beaten path, in my opinion. No need for a wheel chair and complex disguise when you were holed away at a vacation rental watching the news before they even knew you were missing.;)

But if CW comes out at some point (maybe bc things between he and VW unravel), I would bet he’d come out walking and strapped with guns and not in a wheelchair. Vicky’s the planner, but he is an action guy. CW may have spent his whole time in prison nursing a grudge against those who testified against him. He’s not going to enact revenge as a woman in a wheelchair in my opinion.

“Inside the car, the sheriff found Vicky's jail radio, handcuffs and keys. “

Sheriff <modsnip> definitely said they found her police radio, the handcuffs and shackles in the first days after they escaped. I distinctly remember because his quote made it seem like the handcuffs and shackles were found at the courthouse even though he had already said they didn't even attempt to go to the courthouse.

All of that was before they even announced/leaked the info about them being in the orange Ford and DEFINITELY before they found the orange Ford.

Could she have had two radios?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheriff <modsnip> definitely said they found her police radio, the handcuffs and shackles in the first days after they escaped. I distinctly remember because his quote made it seem like the handcuffs and shackles were found at the courthouse even though he had already said they didn't even attempt to go to the courthouse.

All of that was before they even announced/leaked the info about them being in the orange Ford and DEFINITELY before they found the orange Ford.

Could she have had two radios?
I have considered the same possibility. Do any of us think the Lauderdale Jail kept such an accurate inventory that they know for sure whether she could have an extra radio or gun?

But also they could have a police scanner set up in their location. There are a lot of internet and social media pages that post scanner info these days too. I belong to a FB group for one in my area — not bc I have a scanner but just so I find out about things going on in our community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remembering from a previous case, a fugitive hid himself in a burka. That case was in the US. Could that be a possibility here, to conceal themselves in all-covering burka's? MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WomanKeepGoneAstray