Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it have been a time factor? Couldn’t locate a lake in time?
Honestly, if I were trying to hide a car, maybe I'm slow, but I wouldn't have thought of water first. Anyway, they probably didn't want to go too far off course to ditch the car. Someone mentioned the ditched car was near the highway that heads down to Texas, so.... I don't know anything about bodies of water but seems complicated to find a deserted body of water (no witnesses) and then shove the car in. Anyway, apparently what they did worked just fine. Gave them a week.

I had posted this after the midnight hour when not many sleuthers are logged on. I wanted to repost now that there are plenty of eyes on the forum to see if it might give ideas, answer questions or spark other scenarios not thought of before.

REPOST FROM EARLIER:
IMO MOO

Could it be possible that…

1 - VW planned for a handsomely compensated accomplice to drive the orange SUV North from the shopping center location (and abandon it as was done) to serve as a red herring (as many here have speculated that is what that car is, a decoy)?

2 - Then she planned for a boat launch somewhere along the Tennessee River as a means to escape undetected with her 7 foot companion in the first few hours of her plan?

For example, I noticed the Quality Inn and shopping center where she swapped cars is right by the river. There is a marina and boat ramp about 10 minutes East from that location called Turtle Point.

[ETA: There is actually a Waterfront Marina and Public Boat Launch along the 72 highway heading East from the shopping center before the Turtle Point Marina. It is closer and also gives direct access to the Tennessee River. I attached a map.]

WHAT IF she bought a boat and planned to travel East along the Tennesse River until a point where they reached another marina. I don’t know where that would be exactly, but it seems one could travel in this manner along that river until Guntersville.

This method of escape would have bought them some time off the roads IF their plan had been discovered much sooner and LE was on the lookout for them.

VW could have made arrangements to have a 2nd getaway vehicle at a destination marina along the river. The boat could have been abandoned and nestled among other boats.
Then they could have gotten on the road South towards the Gulf. To get from Guntersville to Pensacola, FL is only about a 5hr drive.

With the time they bought themselves with the decoy, once reaching the coastal cities, they could have chartered a boat into Mexico or even headed further South into Florida and chartered a boat from there to an island destination.

Similarly, they could have eventually ditched the boat along the Tennessee River and continued heading East towards the Carolinas or Georgia coastlines in a vehicle. The driving distance is only about 7 hrs from Guntersville. Once again, the options open up to get to their destination by sea from there.

I find the detail that VW was very adamant about wanting to retire at a beach a very important detail in her planning. If she’s expecting a ‘go out in a blaze’ ending to her criminal life, then I think she definitely planned to live her last days with her toes in the sand and that is the direction she headed.

This is just all MOO IMO of course. I don’t know how plausible any of this is not knowing the area. I’m just tossing out possibilities of VW and CW’s escape plan as I sleuth.

Attachments

• D5042547-BC4A-4539-9680-6BB9211543E9.jpeg
    D5042547-BC4A-4539-9680-6BB9211543E9.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for your confession! Lol

I feel obliged to warn you that many, many, many, many cases take a very long time to solve, if ever. Then the threads become us wishing and hoping and speculating some more.

In the Gabby Petito case, there were endless new threads. Anyone here who was on there can tell you it was difficult to keep up with---you'd be gone a couple of hours and there were three or four or five whole new threads to catch up on, and by the time you'd read them there were four more.

Some of that was when important things were happening, like when she was found, but a lot of it was the same things being repeated endlessly. It happens. People are frustrated and want answers. I do try to not repeat myself but I'm not always successful.

What brought me to Websleuths was that there is a thread for my high school acquaintances who went missing in 1973, while we were still high schoolers. They are STILL missing and hold the hideous record for being the longest missing case of teenagers in America. Some answers we will never receive.

After a certain point, I try not to go over the same things again, like why was the orange car parked in the road. For me it becomes tedious until some new info comes in. But that is just me. We are free to speculate here and voice our opinions.

I wish we'd hear that they've been captured, any minute now. Just have to wait.

Jmo
That’s good perspective. I try to always read all the posts I miss when I am gone. Otherwise I wouldn’t feel like I have an informed opinion.

As a random thought....I'd like to think they are living it up on the beach before they finally get arrested. It would make such a great book. With that said, as cold as the leads seem (maybe not really, but seem to non-LE), it is more likely that eventually someone will stumble upon a murder-suicide scene in an abandoned trailer or cabin in the woods. If that ends up being the case, we may not find out for a really long time. JMHO.

Alabama offering $5,000 reward each. it's like they don't even care to try to find them, with that small of a reward.

It's probably costing the state of Alabama 10 to 20 times that per day they are on the run currently. You'd think simple economics would make you offer a large reward to motivate someone with information to turn them in and save the state of Alabama all that money they are spending trying to find them.

That's not correct is it?-a few days ago it was 15k for CW and 5k for VW, but updates I saw yesterday were 45k for info leading to their arrests.

While there’s nothing going on, I am curious, in your opinions — what do you see as dead ends that come up in conversation. I’ll start.

Retirement papers.
Spray paint.

What am I missing?
There's been a lot of nothing. o_O A lot of it coming from that one outlet, news nation or whatever. I'm not sure what interviewing a former employee who claims to be wrongfully terminated by VW or what some rumor of her visiting a sex toy shop provides to the public but alright.

Interesting! Is there a body of water right there?

I think they would have driven over the Tennessee river on their way to where they abandoned the orange SUV. Percy Priest Lake to the East of there, but it's more a wading pool than a lake and fairly heavily populated around the perimeter being right near Nashville. Probably not the safest or easiest thing to get a vehicle into a river or lake in the middle of the day without someone noticing.

That's not correct is it?-a few days ago it was 15k for CW and 5k for VW, but updates I saw yesterday were 45k for info leading to their arrests.

I think the Marshals Service is offering $10K for Casey, $5K for Vicky.

But the State of Alabama is only offering $5K per:

So it looks like $25K total between Marshals Service and State of Alabama.

I tend to think that criminals who want to escape/disappear, and have money, try to go to further away states or countries. But those without money stay local. I am also not convinced yet that Casey won’t turn on Vicky. Get the money, kill her and move on. Unless she has some special resources that he doesn’t think he could get by himself. But, what does he have to offer her? Why him? Maybe subconsciously she was looking for a warped adventure? Right now, I’m leaning toward them being holed up in a hotel, because they have money. But what in the heck is the long-term plan? Mexico?

As important as it is to try and track these two from the point of the abandoned car, I imagine investigators are looking much further back.

Where did Vicky go on her days off, and what purchases did she make?

Hopefully she slipped up, and traveled with her phone turned on when she was making her preparations.

There has to be an extensive trail here.

I tend to think that criminals who want to escape/disappear, and have money, try to go to further away states or countries. But those without money stay local. I am also not convinced yet that Casey won’t turn on Vicky. Get the money, kill her and move on. Unless she has some special resources that he doesn’t think he could get by himself. But, what does he have to offer her? Why him? Maybe subconsciously she was looking for a warped adventure? Right now, I’m leaning toward them being holed up in a hotel, because they have money. But what in the heck is the long-term plan? Mexico?
I'm gonna stand by my original opinion and say she wants to be at a beach. LOL. I don't think she was being misleading in her statements. It think she really fantasized about retiring at the beach. Maybe Shawshank was her favorite movie LOL. I honestly think she wants to be there. Whether a beach in Florida as it was reported she mentioned, or a beach in Mexico, who knows... but I really think that's her plan. Maybe she even found it humorous to talk about retiring on the beach in Florida, but knowing in her own mind that she was planning so much more.

With his mental disorders and with his inability to be in public without standing out, I tend to opine that he will either keep her alive to help himself stay alive, or it will be murder-suicide. There were reports in the media that he has claimed to want death in the past (sorry no current link but it's in those articles outlining his past escapades) so I totally think he would be okay taking himself out.

I looked at those photos on the site that was auctioning her home for sale in Feb. It was at $91,000 and had 44 bids at that point.

It was a sort of expanded grounded mobile home with two odd outbuildings that were essentially garages. 3 br, 2 bath.

It was, of course, cleaned up for the photographs evidently with some furniture moved out, but was incredibly impersonal even beyond most homes for sale. What remained was exceptionally clean, very sparse of furnishings, but dog bowls were there and the tanning machine was there. It looked like some expensive coffin, honestly.

There were no plantings at all. No flower beds, no bushes, no trees, no pathways or walls, no windchimes or handing decorations, no flagmount. No dog run. Nothing colorful or cheery. There was a covered patio with some furniture so there was some outdoor living area, and evidently an idea for an unstarted project to build a larger covered patio.

It just seemed like the person who lived there had no personality, yet they cared enough about their appearance to install a tanning bed in their widely-empty home.

It was erie to me.

Plot twist: The mom has had them in her basement this whole time.

Wait wait wait. Plot twist number two: Vicky sold the house to her own alias, and they're living there right now!!!!!

LOL just kidding. These LE better start coming up with some facts, or we are gonna have way too much drama made completely up out of thin air by Tuesday morning. We should all become authors, all the weird plots we collectively think of around here.

As important as it is to try and track these two from the point of the abandoned car, I imagine investigators are looking much further back.

Where did Vicky go on her days off, and what purchases did she make?

Hopefully she slipped up, and traveled with her phone turned on when she was making her preparations.

There has to be an extensive trail here.
Great questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member