Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be open minded, I’ve been trying to think through the scenarios that might’ve unfolded if the orange car really did break down. (I lean toward them purposefully abandoning it rather than it breaking down, fyi, but just going through the thought exercise).

One possibility is that they could use a burner phone or borrow a neighbor’s phone to call a taxi or Uber. They’d likely have to wait a while for it to come in this more rural location if so. And you would think there’d be neighbors or passerbys who might’ve seen them waiting or a car service who remembered giving them a ride and called it in then.

Another possibility is that they called one of their family members or childhood or criminal acquaintances. I’m adamant that I don’t think they would want to increase their risk by involving a third party. But, if there was a genuine breakdown before they planned to settle down or to switch cars, this might force their hand to enlist an accomplice. If so, I ask myself who would be willing to risk breaking the law to help them? And the only thing I come up with is immediate family (a parent or sibling) or, less likely, a lifelong cousin or best friend etc. So I ask you, sleuthers, who lives in the area that they know? Surely LE has already checked the basements and out buildings and activities of people in that category? If a hypothetical accomplice helped them buy or acquire a new vehicle or dropped them off at a hiding spot, they’re going to be hard to find unless the accomplice turns on them.

It’s possible they’d carjack a car and take or kill a hostage, or to hitchhike, but I think VW would try to avoid this scenario for several reasons. And also, we haven’t heard of any missing persons yet.

It’s possible they walked away in foot and combed the area for an abandoned house or barn. We know LE asked the bus drivers’ dad (I think that is who it was) to search his property so LE are probably considering that they hid away in the immediate area. But because investigators didn’t know the orange car had been picked up by a tow truck, the two actually had five days-ish to find a new vehicle.
Any other ideas for what they might do if the orange vehicle really did break down?

I was thinking about this strange absense of pressers or statements to the public. They must have some new details, and these agencies do know how to strategically plant some bits of information asking the public for help.

I am just starting to wonder if LE does have knowledge of where they are........... its almost the only reason i can see for informing us of NOTHING....

Welcome to Websleuths @johnnytucats !

100 agree with you on your point above - she had another vehicle stashed in Tennessee, in some parking area with no cameras, similar to the way she parked the orange Edge. They reached that vehicle and switched all their stuff into it, drove back and dumped the Edge, and off they went in vehicle #2 with no one the wiser to it for several days (still apparently not wise to type of vehicle now driving). Probably IMO then headed in the opposite direction, maybe southeast. And they did this quickly because as far as they knew, they would have been missed and reported missing much sooner than they were. *Please know I'm 100% speculating, but going with the most logical scenario IMO.

I would guess LE is at least checking into a way VW could have dropped vehicle #2 and returned back home after driving it to TN. Maybe a friend pickup on the premise of needing a ride home for whatever reason, maybe Uber or taxi (though least likely), or public transportation such a bus. If she did leave a vehicle in TN, she needed a way back.
She wouldn't have to drive vehicle #2 anywhere, really. She could have driven her own car (or the Edge) to Tennessee, purchased vehicle #2 in a pre-arranged spot near where she parked, and then driven home in the first vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if #2 is a much newer and more reliable model.

I considered buses or even flights to purchase a vehicle #2 much further away than they found it but when they found the Edge I could see no need for that. I assume she dealt in cash for everything.

Sheriff Singleton puzzles me when he says that they "may" have had mechanical issues and had to ditch the car. It's easy for them to verify whether or not that's true and they could have (and should have) known very soon after finding it.

The way LE is handling this I'm thinking information isn't going to leak out…so it's just a guessing game for those of us who are interested.

By the way, Sheriff Singleton was once the Chief of Police in Florence. His family owned a restaurant in Florence for 58 years.

Just to be open minded, I’ve been trying to think through the scenarios that might’ve unfolded if the orange car really did break down. (I lean toward them purposefully abandoning it rather than it breaking down, fyi, but just going through the thought exercise).

One possibility is that they could use a burner phone or borrow a neighbor’s phone to call a taxi or Uber. They’d likely have to wait a while for it to come in this more rural location if so. And you would think there’d be neighbors or passerbys who might’ve seen them waiting or a car service who remembered giving them a ride and called it in then.

Another possibility is that they called one of their family members or childhood or criminal acquaintances. I’m adamant that I don’t think they would want to increase their risk by involving a third party. But, if there was a genuine breakdown before they planned to settle down or to switch cars, this might force their hand to enlist an accomplice. If so, I ask myself who would be willing to risk breaking the law to help them? And the only thing I come up with is immediate family (a parent or sibling) or, less likely, a lifelong cousin or best friend etc. So I ask you, sleuthers, who lives in the area that they know? Surely LE has already checked the basements and out buildings and activities of people in that category? If a hypothetical accomplice helped them buy or acquire a new vehicle or dropped them off at a hiding spot, they’re going to be hard to find unless the accomplice turns on them.

It’s possible they’d carjack a car and take or kill a hostage, or to hitchhike, but I think VW would try to avoid this scenario for several reasons. And also, we haven’t heard of any missing persons yet.

It’s possible they walked away in foot and combed the area for an abandoned house or barn. We know LE asked the bus drivers’ dad (I think that is who it was) to search his property so LE are probably considering that they hid away in the immediate area. But because investigators didn’t know the orange car had been picked up by a tow truck, the two actually had five days-ish to find a new vehicle.
Any other ideas for what they might do if the orange vehicle really did break down?
This is really smart. It’s important to be willing to look at all angles.

I guess there’s a small chance too that one of the parents or in-laws is lying or at least not telling the whole truth about what they know and has been from the beginning. That’s not my favorite read, but parents have covered crimes or been less than helpful plenty of times in such cases.

I was thinking about this strange absense of pressers or statements to the public. They must have some new details, and these agencies do know how to strategically plant some bits of information asking the public for help.

I am just starting to wonder if LE does have knowledge of where they are........... its almost the only reason i can see for informing us of NOTHING....
What I wonder is if they do know a little more now, but that what they know makes them look even worse. What if, for example, there’s a trail camera that shows a short young guy was behind the wheel of the orange car and abandoned it there? Meanwhile they were telling the whole country that VE and CW used it as their getaway car. Maybe they are being quiet because they wouldn’t want the whole nation knowing that they were bamboozled?

I wonder if LE is checking the mirror positions and seat positions of these abandoned cars to determine who was driving and who was a passenger or even if both were in the same car. One has very long legs and the other very short legs.
Also, unless they were wearing gloves constantly, there must be fingerprints or partials somewhere. If not, they are very, very good ! MOO MOO MOO

Hahaha I like your version of the book!!!!!! That's pretty great.

Based on another interview with VW’s neighbor, I believe that VW’s mom (Pat Davis) lived within eyesight of the house VW sold. During the interview the camera pans to show how close the two houses are.

Someone else later said in the threads that VW lived across from FW. Initially, I argued this because I had always taken the Frances White articles to just suggest that VW remained “emotionally close” to TW’s family. That FW still viewed VW as kind of like a relative etc. But that VW just helped TW when VW was around and was kind to him to the end etc. Not that VW was his physical caretaker. I clarified that I thought she showed care for him and helped out rather than being his caregiver a few times throughout the threads.

Later, after reviewing 2 of the links I shared above (that made it sound like VW lived with TW across from FW), I felt I had to consider that all of them lived near each other on intersecting streets or something. And that’s how FW knew Vicky her whole life. Because both the Whites and Davises lived in the same general neighborhood. I asked about this on the thread when the question arose but honestly I think everyone felt a little unsure and befuddled by the different reporters’ phrasings.

While I’m open to that they may all be neighbors, I’m still not sure. I feel most sure that VW’s sold house is by her mom’s house (PD)

Edited for clarity and to fix a typo on name.
Earlier in the threads this article & excerpt were shared giving more info about VM, her ex & his mother FW. In the brief obits for her ex, VM is not even mentioned. How living NEARBY morphed into living WITH her, I'm not sure. We really don't know for sure but I'm thinking NOT. Caregiving is a big job in itself with stress added to one's life. It usually requires quite a bit of time commitment as well.

From the linked DM article:

"Frances, 88, says Vicky was married to her son Tommy White more than 16 years ago for about two to three years, eventually leaving him when his drug problems got bad."

and

"Vicky and Tommy were married for about three years, Frances said, raising cattle on a farm right across the street from her home.

'She raised baby cows and stuff, and she worked hard,' Frances said.

She added that Vicky remained close with her and her son even after the divorce. Tommy died in January after struggles with Parkinson's Disease.

'Before my son got to where he couldn't drive, Vicky would always - she would come out to the car and help him in."

My speculation only

In the week leading up to their disappearance, Vicky White went to a Kohl's store and bought men's clothing and then visited an adult sex toys store, according to Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton.

"Obviously, she bought some clothes for him. The adult store thing? I don’t know what that was about.”

The getaway car found in Tennessee is now headed back to Florence, Alabama, to be examined by investigators.

This is really smart. It’s important to be willing to look at all angles.

I guess there’s a small chance too that one of the parents or in-laws is lying or at least not telling the whole truth about what they know and has been from the beginning. That’s not my favorite read, but parents have covered crimes or been less than helpful plenty of times in such cases.
Yeah. And—believe me, I think this is almost not worth saying out loud because it’s such a crazy ridiculous long shot—but there is a sliver of a chance someone in the prison system is somehow involved. We know that Mike, another Sheriff, grew up with CW and that CW asked for Mike by name during the negotiations after his 2015 crime spree. And we know that Mike Bradley did step up to negotiate with him then. We also know Mike was removed from office and sentenced to 3 years for stealing inmates’ money. Escaped Alabama inmate Casey White 'mentally unstable'

Is there any chance CW and VW were in league with someone else like this within some corrupt jail staff or LE networks? And that they forced someone’s hand via blackmail or had a long term unsavory relationship with someone like this that benefits them here?

I mean. That seems too Lifetime Movie-ish for me to take seriously.

I might as well suggest that some mafia lord had a vested interest in getting CW out so he wouldn’t talk. :):):)

Earlier in the threads this article & excerpt were shared giving more info about VM, her ex & his mother FW. In the brief obits for her ex, VM is not even mentioned. How living NEARBY morphed into living WITH her, I'm not sure. We really don't know for sure but I'm thinking NOT. Caregiving is a big job in itself with stress added to one's life. It usually requires quite a bit of time commitment as well.

"Frances, 88, says Vicky was married to her son Tommy White more than 16 years ago for about two to three years, eventually leaving him when his drug problems got bad."

and

"Vicky and Tommy were married for about three years, Frances said, raising cattle on a farm right across the street from her home.

She added that Vicky remained close with her and her son even after the divorce. Tommy died in January after struggles with Parkinson's Disease.

'Before my son got to where he couldn't drive, Vicky would always - she would come out to the car and help him in."

My speculation only
I agree. That’s how I make sense of it too. Or at least that’s my best guess. But there are articles that say both.:(

just a thought. What if VW bought a second orange Edge. LE has the first one and they wouldn’t be looking for them now in it.
Hahaha! I was thinking this exact thing yesterday. What a hilarious plot twist. The problem would be a random person who still has that edge on their mind noticing them more now (like me, and I have noticed that’s a VERY popular car color, where I live anyway), and might still be glancing into them at the drivers out of curiosity.

Yeah. And—believe me, I think this is almost not worth saying out loud because it’s such a crazy ridiculous long shot—but there is a sliver of a chance someone in the prison system is somehow involved. We know that Mike, another Sheriff, grew up with CW and that CW asked for Mike by name during the negotiations after his 2015 crime spree. And we know that Mike Bradley did step up to negotiate with him then. We also know Mike was removed from office and sentenced to 3 years for stealing inmates’ money. Escaped Alabama inmate Casey White 'mentally unstable'

Is there any chance CW and VW were in league with someone else like this within some corrupt jail staff or LE networks? And that they forced someone’s hand via blackmail or had a long term unsavory relationship with someone like this that benefits them here?

I mean. That seems too Lifetime Movie-ish for me to take seriously.

I might as well suggest that some mafia lord had a vested interest in getting CW out so he wouldn’t talk. :):):)
Listen. At this point, with no leads, I think every possibility should be said out loud and shaken out publicly. While not likely, the cooperation of someone within the system is worth thinking about. Alabama’s correction system has had several inmates escape and has come under fire from the US government for its poorly run facilities as someone linked in an earlier thread I read.

and

My speculation only

From that link I noticed Francis’s maiden name.

Listen. At this point, with no leads, I think every possibility should be said out loud and shaken out publicly. While not likely, the cooperation of someone within the system is worth thinking about. Alabama’s correction system has had several inmates escape and has come under fire from the US government for its poorly run facilities as someone linked in an earlier thread I read.
Agreed.

I just think it’s better to stick to the most straight forward explanation. The two of them broke him out and are on the run together. They either had another ride lined up or figured out how to acquire one on the fly. Now they’re laying low.

Agreed.

I just think it’s better to stick to the most straight forward explanation. The two of them broke him out and are on the run together. They either had another ride lined up or figured out how to acquire one on the fly. Now they’re laying low.
Me too. I think when the straight forward stuff leads to a dead end or a standstill, all we can do is go back and examine our presuppositions to see if we maybe missed any other alternative explanations along the way.

She wouldn't have to drive vehicle #2 anywhere, really. She could have driven her own car (or the Edge) to Tennessee, purchased vehicle #2 in a pre-arranged spot near where she parked, and then driven home in the first vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if #2 is a much newer and more reliable model.

I considered buses or even flights to purchase a vehicle #2 much further away than they found it but when they found the Edge I could see no need for that. I assume she dealt in cash for everything.

Sheriff Singleton puzzles me when he says that they "may" have had mechanical issues and had to ditch the car. It's easy for them to verify whether or not that's true and they could have (and should have) known very soon after finding it.

The way LE is handling this I'm thinking information isn't going to leak out…so it's just a guessing game for those of us who are interested.

By the way, Sheriff Singleton was once the Chief of Police in Florence. His family owned a restaurant in Florence for 58 years.

Also, as the Florence police chief, Singleton had a less-than-stellar record. One notable mishap occurred in 2011, when two workers who were renovating the police station managed to steal 48 pounds of marijuana from the evidence room. They were supposed to be supervised by a deputy at all times while doing the work, but evidently that didn't happen and they managed to sneak 48 pounds of marijuana out of the police station.

In this new article, they’re thinking of inmates that she’d bonded with:

Vicky White Possibly Aided by Ex-Inmates She Treated 'Above Par': Commander​

www.newsweek.com

Vicky White possibly aided by ex-inmates she treated "above par": Commander

Chad Hunt, a commander for the Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force, said Sunday that they are taking into account "17 years' worth of contact with other inmates that are potentially out now."
www.newsweek.com
www.newsweek.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members