Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the car not working properly? Probably. Because 2 hours isn't a lot of time to get further away. Why ditch it? They either hid somewhere or stole another vehicle. Perhaps the Edge was parked near there somwhere (if thats a correct report although maybe its not.) Could they have gone horseback stealing horses? I don't think so though they probably had more supplies than a horse could carry. So I think they stole a vehicle. I hope they didn't carjack one.
Going horseback would be very a interesting plot twist!
I wonder if either of them had any experience in the saddle and if anyone is missing a horse?
Reminds me of the Bone Thugs & Harmony song..."down for whatever let's ride"...perhaps they're headed to the West coast? Maybe someone should check the bushes?

But in all seriousness:
Slab City? Cochise Stronghold??
Once/if they got out to the continental divide they could probably move almost entirely on public lands...
What are some other western hold outs or places where modern day outlaws frequent?

Nice investigative skills!

Last edited:
My only hang up with the car actually breaking down is that they were on a dead end road. Unless they got lost and just happened to break down on this rural, dead end road, I can’t think of a legitimate reason for them to be there.

On the other hand, a rural, dead end road would be perfect for swapping cars as they could reasonably assume the only traffic they might encounter would be from the handful of people that happen to live on that

If she did have a lot of cash (we know this) and she did plan this well in advance (we know this) then she had a choice to get a decent car that would last or this one that had obvious issues with color and performance. She seemed not to be bothered by either. (MOO) She always intended to dump this car but perhaps they had to dump it a little earlier than planned.

Also, if you map out possible routes to where the car was, she almost had to have taken the expressway the entire time. It would have taken far too long on the backroads. She was not concerned or perhaps even counting on that car being seen by traffic cams.

The Sheriff stated that the car was empty with respect to any personal belongings but she left her handcuffs and radio. If this was the primary getaway vehicle it would be loaded with supplies which you couldn't just carry off on foot somewhere.

MOO- there is a second vehicle
Or they put those supplies they had in another vehicle weather stolen or purchased (vehicle.)

You would think LE would be on high alert expecting him to try his old stomping grounds, but criminals often do things I think go against their own self interest. I also think he is sunk if he brings in other people. I for one don’t buy the theory of him having a network of Southern Brotherhood types to swallow him up in some commune or underground cell. I think they’re stronger in prison than they are on the outside and not sure their intellect puts them in league with the NASA command center or something.
Well, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that though it doesn't necessarily have to be a group but like minded people. I don't know it just seems to me its too long on the run so somehow they are managing. Unless of course LE knows but isn't saying. And they are watching them to see who else is involved. It seems unusual that they wouldn't be detected especially when they need a vehicle to get around to carry those supplies in. I think they would have had some provisions with them in the car that had to ditch.

I'm grew up in Florence AL but haven't lived there since the 1980s.

A friend who's also from there told me how they learned about the Ford Edge last Monday night before it leaked out. I think it's odd that they actually didn't want that info to go public…but one LE department that got the bulletin released it by mistake on Tuesday. The tow driver in Williamson County TN wouldn't have put two and two together if the leak hadn't occurred! The county sheriff's department there…who I presume DID have the bulletin…did NOT do the math even though they handled the towing order. Without the leak I presume the Edge would still be in the tow service lot!

Because the authorities haven't released a small bit of info (and it's very small) that I heard about the Edge I don't think it's appropriate to post it here. They must have a reason. I'm not trying to be a jerk I just don't want the US Marshals POed at me! Tommy Lee Jones is setting up perimeters all over the place, I presume, and one around my house does NOT appeal to me.

It was easy for her to buy this car and I presume it would have been just as easy to buy one in Tennessee and leave it somewhere like Spring Hill. My guess is that they picked up the second vehicle and took the Edge to a more remote area (not far) to dump it. I'm thinking that the green spray paint might have been a camo attempt (as someone else here mentioned) but perhaps they abandoned that idea for some reason…they got spooked or the green color didn't really hide anything or something.

I'm thinking a second vehicle could be an RV of some sort. Makes sense as the big fella could stay hidden in the back.

I saw that "Dog the Bounty Hunter" added his two cents. He's got a point about looking into any long term AirBnB or VRBO rental deals that coincide with this.

I think it would be a matter of luck if a citizen actually recognizes them.
Welcome to Websleuths @johnnytucats !

100 agree with you on your point above - she had another vehicle stashed in Tennessee, in some parking area with no cameras, similar to the way she parked the orange Edge. They reached that vehicle and switched all their stuff into it, drove back and dumped the Edge, and off they went in vehicle #2 with no one the wiser to it for several days (still apparently not wise to type of vehicle now driving). Probably IMO then headed in the opposite direction, maybe southeast. And they did this quickly because as far as they knew, they would have been missed and reported missing much sooner than they were. *Please know I'm 100% speculating, but going with the most logical scenario IMO.

I would guess LE is at least checking into a way VW could have dropped vehicle #2 and returned back home after driving it to TN. Maybe a friend pickup on the premise of needing a ride home for whatever reason, maybe Uber or taxi (though least likely), or public transportation such a bus. If she did leave a vehicle in TN, she needed a way back.

I think they need to look more closely at VW’s husband’s cause of death. Did he die in a hospital? Did he die at home?

If he died at home and he was suffering from severe Parkinson’s disease did they just assume that it was the disease that killed him and not something else?

VW was supposedly living with him and taking care of him. If she ran off with the convict while he was still alive would she have been able to clean up and sell the house as quickly as she did?

Kind of hard to sell a house with a dying man living in it. I don’t think she planned this escape in just one month. Her ex-husband was in the way.
MOO
Based on another interview with VW’s neighbor, I believe that VW’s mom (Pat Davis) lived within eyesight of the house VW sold. During the interview the camera pans to show how close the two houses are.

Someone else later said in the threads that VW lived across from FW. Initially, I argued this because I had always taken the Frances White articles to just suggest that VW remained “emotionally close” to TW’s family. That FW still viewed VW as kind of like a relative etc. But that VW just helped TW when VW was around and was kind to him to the end etc. Not that VW was his physical caretaker. I clarified that I thought she showed care for him and helped out rather than being his caregiver a few times throughout the threads.

Later, after reviewing 2 of the links I shared above (that made it sound like VW lived with TW across from FW), I felt I had to consider that all of them lived near each other on intersecting streets or something. And that’s how FW knew Vicky her whole life. Because both the Whites and Davises lived in the same general neighborhood. I asked about this on the thread when the question arose but honestly I think everyone felt a little unsure and befuddled by the different reporters’ phrasings.

While I’m open to that they may all be neighbors, I’m still not sure. I feel most sure that VW’s sold house is by her mom’s house (PD)

Edited for clarity and to fix a typo on name.

Last edited:
Based on another interview with VW’s neighbor at the house that VW sold, I believed that VW’s mom Pat White lived within eyesight of the house VW sold. During the interview the camera pans to show how close the two houses are.

Someone else later said VW lived across from FW. I argued this at first because I took the Frances White articles as suggesting that VW remained emotionally close to TW’s family. But that she more helped TW when she was around and was kind to him to the end etc. I didn’t see it as saying she was his physical caretaker which I clarified a few times throughout the thread.

Later, because of 2 of the links I shared above that made it sound like VW lived with TW which was possibly across from FW, I felt I had to consider that all of them lived nearby on intersecting streets or something. And that’s how FW knew Vicky her whole life is because both the White’s and Davis’ lived in the same general neighborhood.

While I’m open to that, I’m still not sure.
That's the same ship I'm sailing, Bessdrewtwo. I heard an early interview with her mother Pat,, and I remember she said she normally cooked dinner, and Vicky would come home from work, and eat dinner with her. She said after dinner Vicky would walk her dog, and then go home, and that was pretty much her life routine.i don't fully recall exactly what I read about where ex husband and ex mother in law lived. I think it was more or less reasonably close, but I'm pretty positive it wasn't across the street from Pat and Vicky.

I have to believe that LE is checking all surveillance cameras that might capture the orange car en route to the road where it was abandoned. And that they are asking property owners along that road if they have doorbell cams or trail cams that might’ve captured the two. To me, this is the most likely lead that could be uncovered outside of a sighting.

Really hope they come out today and at least confirm that—for sure—the car was dropped by CW and VW and not another party. And whether the orange car was followed by another vehicle (maybe driven by CW) that picked up VW when the orange car was left behind. Also, if not, I hope they give us any info they might have about whether the two walked up the street or into the woods or if another vehicle picked them up.

I know there are strategic reasons for withholding info sometimes (like not tipping VW off so they switch cars a third time), but I tend to think mobilizing the public is the only way they get a sighting. If they know anything about the second vehicle or which direction it went, now is the time to put the whole nation on it imho.

Last edited:
That's the same ship I'm sailing, Bessdrewtwo. I heard an early interview with her mother Pat,, and I remember she said she normally cooked dinner, and Vicky would come home from work, and eat dinner with her. She said after dinner Vicky would walk her dog, and then go home, and that was pretty much her life routine.i don't fully recall exactly what I read about where ex husband and ex mother in law lived. I think it was more or less reasonably close, but I'm pretty positive it wasn't across the street from Pat and Vicky.
I struggle to understand how VW made all of these arrangements over a period of months, most likely, and stayed in a hotel overnight etc. and her mother didn't notice her absences? Especially as the days counted down. MOO MOO MOO

I have to believe that LE is checking all surveillance cameras that might capture the orange car en route to the road where it was abandoned. And that they are asking property owners along that road if they have doorbell cams or trail cams that might’ve captured the two. To me, this is the most likely lead that could be uncovered outside of a sighting.
All
Really hope they come out today and at least confirm that—for sure—the car was dropped by CW and VE and not another party. And whether the orange car was followed by another vehicle (maybe driven by CW) that picked up VW when the orange car was left behind. Also, if not, I hope they give us any info they might have about whether the two walked up the street or into the woods or if another vehicle picked them up.

I know there are strategic reasons for withholding info sometimes (like not tipping VW off so they switch cars a third time), but I tend to think mobilizing the public is the only way they get a sighting. If they know anything about the second vehicle or which direction it went, now is the time to put the whole nation on it o.
Great points! A really thorough fingerprint testing throughout that vehicle is a must!

I suspect that LE doesn't release some information that may generate tips because of a lack of man power to check
all of the hundreds of tips that come in, most of which are dead ends. It is a trade off as to which approach for LE to take. MOO MOO

I struggle to understand how VW made all of these arrangements over a period of months, most likely, and stayed in a hotel overnight etc. and her mother didn't notice her absences? Especially as the days counted down. MOO MOO MOO
Yes. Very curious for anymore possible interviews with Vicky's mom Pat Davis.

She only lived with her mother the last five weeks. I’m kind of guessing that she took off from home whenever she felt like it as she was well past the age where she would’ve needed to give her mom an explanation every time she was out. “I’m going out. Will be back later,” Might be all she needed to say. When she stayed at the hotel, she might’ve just said she was working night shift. That’s just my guess.

I suspect that LE doesn't release some information that may generate tips because of a lack of man power to check
all of the hundreds of tips that come in, most of which are dead ends. It is a trade off as to which approach for LE to take. MOO MOO
Definitely. I would think they’d be focused on generating the best couple tips/sightings/footage clips of where the car was left though.

Great points! A really thorough fingerprint testing throughout that vehicle is a must!
Good call. Would love to see that. We’ve been speculating from the beginning that the orange car might be a burner car to discard in a ploy to mislead LE. Another reason they may have chosen a car this old is bc it likely didn’t have any of the pinging or tracking technology some newer cars have that might reveal the vicinities where it was driven.

She only lived with her mother the last five weeks. I’m kind of guessing that she took off from home whenever she felt like it as she was well past the age where she would’ve needed to give her mom an explanation every time she was out. “I’m going out. Will be back later,” Might be all she needed to say. When she stayed at the hotel, she might’ve just said she was working night shift. That’s just my guess.

I agree. All she has to do was say she wanted to be closer to work, some nights, and would stay at the hotel. As we all give her raves for her planning, I could see stays at the hotel were strategic as well. More phone calls that could be made, and maybe internet searching more discrete. Not sure on that one, but just to be on her own in a hotel periodically would have personal and pre-planning benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper