Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to catch up but first I have some questions that I don't think have been answered.

Does anyone know how long VW had the tanning bed? It looks pretty state of the art to me. I tried to find one similar online which was about $3500. The disgruntled ex employee who said she looked 75 years old, when did he get fired? I'm just wondering whether the tanning bed is a fairly new acquisition. Canadians know all about tanning beds. So many people use them before going on a tropical vacation because they don't want to stand out with their pale wintery legs that scream 'tourist'. It made me wonder whether that may have been VW's motivation for buying one. Getting a head start on a nice leathery tan that made her look like a local. CW seems to have an olive complexion so he wouldn't look like a newly minted arrival in a location where everyone has a tan.

Another question about the deceased ex-husband. Did he live in his own home when he was dying and VW came to help him? Or did he live with his mother? I got the impression that he may have lived next door to his mom, since she mentioned she'd see VW help him out of the car, etc. If he did own his own home, what happened to it? Did his mother inherit it? Or VW? They didn't have any kids. If she did get it did she sell it?

I know her ex had Parkinson's Disease. My son in law's grandfather died of the disease. He exhibited psychosis which is a common symptom of PD. He had vivid hallucinations and paranoia. He was treated with antipsychotics. So I wondered whether her ex had prescriptions that she might think would be useful to keep CW calm and compliant since she must have known he was being medically treated for an undisclosed mental illness. You can buy meds online with a legitimate prescription for someone who has a mental illness, especially if the online company doesn't know they are dead!

Do we know who Casey's father is? Is his mom widowed, divorced or never married?

Do Alabama prisons take DNA from their inmates as well as fingerprints? One off-the-wall thought I've had is that CW is actually her ex's son. Crazy, huh?

Just sitting here thinking and wondering how long VW can even stand this. She's been single and in charge of her own life for years now. Owned her own home. Had her own routines. CW can't possibly be the same in person 24/7 as he seemed in jail. She can't possibly still like being stuck with him 24/7 at this point, despite any exciting purchases she made beforehand....???? Reality has to be setting in by now. Unless they were able to find a nice quiet AirBNB near the ocean and they are actually living it up somehow in a nice place with room to stretch out and relax, and order food delivery.

I'll give them ten more days to leave the next clue before I call it a murder-suicide.
Oh yeah, absolutely! She is going to need her space. He is probably getting on her nerves. He is too volatile to let anything slide.

I have to catch up but first I have some questions that I don't think have been answered.

Does anyone know how long VW had the tanning bed? It looks pretty state of the art to me. I tried to find one similar online which was about $3500. The disgruntled ex employee who said she looked 75 years old, when did he get fired? I'm just wondering whether the tanning bed is a fairly new acquisition. Canadians know all about tanning beds. So many people use them before going on a tropical vacation because they don't want to stand out with their pale wintery legs that scream 'tourist'. It made me wonder whether that may have been VW's motivation for buying one. Getting a head start on a nice leathery tan that made her look like a local. CW seems to have an olive complexion so he wouldn't look like a newly minted arrival in a location where everyone has a tan.

Another question about the deceased ex-husband. Did he live in his own home when he was dying and VW came to help him? Or did he live with his mother? I got the impression that he may have lived next door to his mom, since she mentioned she'd see VW help him out of the car, etc. If he did own his own home, what happened to it? Did his mother inherit it? Or VW? They didn't have any kids. If she did get it did she sell it?

I know her ex had Parkinson's Disease. My son in law's grandfather died of the disease. He exhibited psychosis which is a common symptom of PD. He had vivid hallucinations and paranoia. He was treated with antipsychotics. So I wondered whether her ex had prescriptions that she might think would be useful to keep CW calm and compliant since she must have known he was being medically treated for an undisclosed mental illness. You can buy meds online with a legitimate prescription for someone who has a mental illness, especially if the online company doesn't know they are dead!

Do we know who Casey's father is? Is his mom widowed, divorced or never married?

Do Alabama prisons take DNA from their inmates as well as fingerprints? One off-the-wall thought I've had is that CW is actually her ex's son. Crazy, huh?
The questions in your second paragraph: There are articles that suggest they lived together until he died. And those that suggest this was across from Frances, the mother-in-law. We also know that VW lived close to her mom, Pat, and moved there after selling the house she was living in. Different reporters have reported on different facets of this so it’s not all in one comprehensive article and there are more links that speak to this beyond these 4, but they’ll get you started.

(copying from my post in an earlier thread below)

1. Frances White, Vicky's former mother-in-law, told Daily Mail that the accusations against Vicky don't match the "awfully good person" she knows. ...Frances added that Vicky remained close with her and her son, Tommy who died in January due to Parkinson's Disease, even after the divorce... Before my son got to where he couldn't drive, Vicky would always, she would come out to the car and help him in. We still were really good friends. She was a really sweet person," she told Daily Mail. Vicky White: Alabama jail guard's family insists she did not willingly help inmate escape

2. Vicky was once married to Frances' son Tommy, who passed away in January aged 62 following a battle with Parkinson's disease. They were married for just over four years but separated 16 years ago when Tommy's drug addiction became too much for Vicky to handle.
Despite their separation, Frances said Vicky and Tommy split amicably and remained close right up until his death at the turn of the year.
"I always thought of Vicky as a daughter," Frances said. "I've known her since she was a little girl ... But I hate seeing her doing this. Ex-mom-in-law 'worried' about guard's safety after escape with convict lover

***Note: THE NEXT TWO LINKS BOTH SAY VW LIVED WITH TW.***

3.The pair could be anywhere by now, Frances White told The Daily Beast, explaining that Lauderdale County Assistant Director of Corrections Vicky Sue White, 56, was frugal and had amassed enough money to keep her afloat for some time.

As the search for Vicky White and 38-year-old Casey Cole White (no relation) stretches into its fifth day, her late husband’s family doesn’t know what to think. Frances White said her son, Thomas White, died in January from complications related to Parkinson’s disease.

About five weeks ago, she sold the home she had shared with her late husband and moved in with her mother. News reports described Vicky as flush with cash from the sale, but Frances White said she spent years socking away cash and would have plenty of it on hand.
“She had money before she sold her home,” Frances White told The Daily Beast. “She saved her money. I figure if she’s still got her money, she’s still got enough to live on for a while.” Guard Who Fled With Murder Inmate Was Cashed Up and Eyeing Florida, Family Says

4. https://mobile.twitter.com/brianentin

Not sure on when the tanning bed came into the picture. It’s obviously shown in the realtor pics and mentioned by Tyson. Those are the only two instances I’ve seen it come up here. Here’s the two articles that come to mind about Tyson but I don’t think either says when he was terminated.

Last edited:
MHOO but if the tanning has aged her and she invested in a bed, it’s probably a long term habit rather than connected to the case. (It also possibly confirms my annoying insistence that she loves the beach lol). It could just be one of those things she splurged on for herself over the years. She seems to like that beachy look with her bleached blonde hair. And her skin looks the same color all the way back to her official photo from years ago, so MHOO she has just always tanned.

MHOO but if the tanning has aged her and she invested in a bed, it’s probably a long term habit rather than connected to the case. (It also possibly confirms my annoying insistence that she loves the beach lol). It could just be one of those things she splurged on for herself over the years. She seems to like that beachy look with her bleached blonde hair. And her skin looks the same color all the way back to her official photo from years ago, so MHOO she has just always tanned.

I agree. Skin damage from tanning doesn't just happen at once; she probably had it as a habit for years before.

Oh yeah, absolutely! She is going to need her space. He is probably getting on her nerves. He is too volatile to let anything slide.
I would bet the rent that he is turning from a dreamboat into a nightmare as the days roll on. She is, or soon will be, kicking herself for breaking this loser out of jail and throwing her life away. MOO

You would think LE would be on high alert expecting him to try his old stomping grounds, but criminals often do things I think go against their own self interest. I also think he is sunk if he brings in other people. I for one don’t buy the theory of him having a network of Southern Brotherhood types to swallow him up in some commune or underground cell. I think they’re stronger in prison than they are on the outside and not sure their intellect puts them in league with the NASA command center or something.
I agree with the intelect part but I for certain thought that these two would be caught by now. I suspect someone is helping them.

I agree with the intelect part but I for certain thought that these two would be caught by now. I suspect someone is helping them.
MOO but she’s been avoiding cameras and she was smart enough to ditch the first vehicle. It’s like needles in a haystack to find people who are laying low. They had a week-long head start due to the car being towed, too. Everyone was looking for an orange vehicle while they’ve probably been cruising around in something black. She had aliases and has probably continued that. She kept all of her cards close to her vest. I can’t imagine that’s changed.

I'm grew up in Florence AL but haven't lived there since the 1980s.

A friend who's also from there told me how they learned about the Ford Edge last Monday night before it leaked out. I think it's odd that they actually didn't want that info to go public…but one LE department that got the bulletin released it by mistake on Tuesday. The tow driver in Williamson County TN wouldn't have put two and two together if the leak hadn't occurred! The county sheriff's department there…who I presume DID have the bulletin…did NOT do the math even though they handled the towing order. Without the leak I presume the Edge would still be in the tow service lot!

Because the authorities haven't released a small bit of info (and it's very small) that I heard about the Edge I don't think it's appropriate to post it here. They must have a reason. I'm not trying to be a jerk I just don't want the US Marshals POed at me! Tommy Lee Jones is setting up perimeters all over the place, I presume, and one around my house does NOT appeal to me.

It was easy for her to buy this car and I presume it would have been just as easy to buy one in Tennessee and leave it somewhere like Spring Hill. My guess is that they picked up the second vehicle and took the Edge to a more remote area (not far) to dump it. I'm thinking that the green spray paint might have been a camo attempt (as someone else here mentioned) but perhaps they abandoned that idea for some reason…they got spooked or the green color didn't really hide anything or something.

I'm thinking a second vehicle could be an RV of some sort. Makes sense as the big fella could stay hidden in the back.

I saw that "Dog the Bounty Hunter" added his two cents. He's got a point about looking into any long term AirBnB or VRBO rental deals that coincide with this.

I think it would be a matter of luck if a citizen actually recognizes them.

I agree. Skin damage from tanning doesn't just happen at once; she probably had it as a habit for years before.
I agree also. IIRC, the fired employee who worked at the jail with Vicky for seven years said she had old looking skin from tanning too much, so I too guess she's been at it for some time. Another reason I'd GUESS the tanning bed is not new is just because tanning beds seem to me largely replaced by spray tans these days.

The police vehicle was parked in the parking lot that had no cameras.

The orange SUV was parked in a row with other for-sale vehicles.

The orange SUV was purchased from a local dealer (not at an auction).
Thanks for the info. Regardless of where the orange car was parked it was meant to throw off because even if it was parked with the for sale cars she knew she had plenty of time initially to start the plan. I suspect she dropped CW at the orange car first and gave him the keys to get in or it was unlocked automatically for him to get inside and hide. Then she went and parked the patrol car and walked to the orange car. This was all very discreet. And as I speculated earlier this Tiguan was purchased for the utility to hide him and no other colors were probably available (we are only having shortages of so many things/parts cars etc.) Perhaps her plan was execured at a time when these other factors are happening.

I'm grew up in Florence AL but haven't lived there since the 1980s.

A friend who's also from there told me how they learned about the Ford Edge last Monday night before it leaked out. I think it's odd that they actually didn't want that info to go public…but one LE department that got the bulletin released it by mistake on Tuesday. The tow driver in Williamson County TN wouldn't have put two and two together if the leak hadn't occurred! The county sheriff's department there…who I presume DID have the bulletin…did NOT do the math even though they handled the towing order. Without the leak I presume the Edge would still be in the tow service lot!

Because the authorities haven't released a small bit of info (and it's very small) that I heard about the Edge I don't think it's appropriate to post it here. They must have a reason. I'm not trying to be a jerk I just don't want the US Marshals POed at me! Tommy Lee Jones is setting up perimeters all over the place, I presume, and one around my house does NOT appeal to me.

It was easy for her to buy this car and I presume it would have been just as easy to buy one in Tennessee and leave it somewhere like Spring Hill. My guess is that they picked up the second vehicle and took the Edge to a more remote area (not far) to dump it. I'm thinking that the green spray paint might have been a camo attempt (as someone else here mentioned) but perhaps they abandoned that idea for some reason…they got spooked or the green color didn't really hide anything or something.

I'm thinking a second vehicle could be an RV of some sort. Makes sense as the big fella could stay hidden in the back.

I saw that "Dog the Bounty Hunter" added his two cents. He's got a point about looking into any long term AirBnB or VRBO rental deals that coincide with this.

I think it would be a matter of luck if a citizen actually recognizes them.

Hello and welcome to the thread! Thanks for your input! Very interesting about the small detail...

Looks like we're down to re-re-hashing or nitty gritty details for now, with nothing new coming out.

So... about VW's appearance. I've heard it described as kind of manly. But I could also definitely see a female CO deliberately choosing a more gender-neutral look for work, in a jail full of rowdy males who don't have much access to women.

But now that she's finally with her much younger alleged boyfriend, I wonder if we could expect a far more "girly" appearance (as much as is practical in the circumstances anyway). Hair up in a bun, dangly earrings, big false lashes? Well sorry, that's all I got! :cool:
Hair colored/wigs. Frilly hats and feminine face masks as we are in a pandemic still.

I think they need to look more closely at VW’s husband’s cause of death. Did he die in a hospital? Did he die at home?

If he died at home and he was suffering from severe Parkinson’s disease did they just assume that it was the disease that killed him and not something else?

VW was supposedly living with him and taking care of him. If she ran off with the convict while he was still alive would she have been able to clean up and sell the house as quickly as she did?

Kind of hard to sell a house with a dying man living in it. I don’t think she planned this escape in just one month. Her ex-husband was in the way.
MOO

I would bet the rent that he is turning from a dreamboat into a nightmare as the days roll on. She is, or soon will be, kicking herself for breaking this loser out of jail and throwing her life away. MOO
That power dynamic would have shifted dramatically as soon as they were safely away from jail. She had some power when he was behind bars, but that's long gone now.

There's just no way her fantasy met reality, and it's not like his behavior is going to get better.

He's got underlying mental issues, he's off his medication, has a possible drug problem, and hiding from authorities is nothing if not stressful.

Recipe for disaster.

Thanks for the info. Regardless of where the orange car was parked it was meant to throw off because even if it was parked with the for sale cars she knew she had plenty of time initially to start the plan. I suspect she dropped CW at the orange car first and gave him the keys to get in or it was unlocked automatically for him to get inside and hide. Then she went and parked the patrol car and walked to the orange car. This was all very discreet. And as I speculated earlier this Tiguan was purchased for the utility to hide him and no other colors were probably available (we are only having shortages of so many things/parts cars etc.) Perhaps her plan was execured at a time when these other factors are happening.
Tiguan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members