Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what you guys make of this quote from the article below:

“White once developed a close relationship with jail workers in a different Alabama county — long before he allegedly escaped prison and went on the run the former jail guard.”

Possibly CW used his massive size and apparent imperviousness to pain to break up fights among the other inmates and generally keep the peace in these county jail situations that are often chaotic.

State pens where prisoners are lodged long term end up being run by the various ethnic gangs. And the guards in state pens mainly have to monitor the population for problem prisoners and rotate them out to other facilities; and make sure that one gang or another isn't getting too powerful inside the prison.

County jails where the population turns over constantly there isn't that equilibrium. New arrestees coming into county might try to settle scores with other prisoners they find in county lockup or smaller gang groups will fight among themselves in efforts to gain the upper hand. And then prisoners get sentenced and rotate out to state lockups and things get thrown into disarray again.

Maybe CW saw an in with the county guards being their auxiliary muscle among the population. Not sure what else he would have to offer; can't imagine he's some sort of super magnetic personality who wins people over with his charm.

The questions in your second paragraph: There are articles that suggest they lived together until he died. And those that suggest this was across from Frances, the mother-in-law. We also know that VW lived close to her mom, Pat, and moved there after selling the house she was living in. Different reporters have reported on different facets of this so it’s not all in one comprehensive article and there are more links that speak to this beyond these 4, but they’ll get you started.

(copying from my post in an earlier thread below)

1. Frances White, Vicky's former mother-in-law, told Daily Mail that the accusations against Vicky don't match the "awfully good person" she knows. ...Frances added that Vicky remained close with her and her son, Tommy who died in January due to Parkinson's Disease, even after the divorce... Before my son got to where he couldn't drive, Vicky would always, she would come out to the car and help him in. We still were really good friends. She was a really sweet person," she told Daily Mail. Vicky White: Alabama jail guard's family insists she did not willingly help inmate escape

2. Vicky was once married to Frances' son Tommy, who passed away in January aged 62 following a battle with Parkinson's disease. They were married for just over four years but separated 16 years ago when Tommy's drug addiction became too much for Vicky to handle.
Despite their separation, Frances said Vicky and Tommy split amicably and remained close right up until his death at the turn of the year.
"I always thought of Vicky as a daughter," Frances said. "I've known her since she was a little girl ... But I hate seeing her doing this. Ex-mom-in-law 'worried' about guard's safety after escape with convict lover

***Note: THE NEXT TWO LINKS BOTH SAY VW LIVED WITH TW.***

3.The pair could be anywhere by now, Frances White told The Daily Beast, explaining that Lauderdale County Assistant Director of Corrections Vicky Sue White, 56, was frugal and had amassed enough money to keep her afloat for some time.

As the search for Vicky White and 38-year-old Casey Cole White (no relation) stretches into its fifth day, her late husband’s family doesn’t know what to think. Frances White said her son, Thomas White, died in January from complications related to Parkinson’s disease.

About five weeks ago, she sold the home she had shared with her late husband and moved in with her mother. News reports described Vicky as flush with cash from the sale, but Frances White said she spent years socking away cash and would have plenty of it on hand.
“She had money before she sold her home,” Frances White told The Daily Beast. “She saved her money. I figure if she’s still got her money, she’s still got enough to live on for a while.” Guard Who Fled With Murder Inmate Was Cashed Up and Eyeing Florida, Family Says

4. https://mobile.twitter.com/brianentin
I took the information "About five weeks ago, she sold the home she had shared with her late husband and moved in with her mother" as being the home with the tanning bed, not the home her ex was dying in. I don't believe the mother and mother-in-law are neighbours, unless someone can clarify that.

I took the information "About five weeks ago, she sold the home she had shared with her late husband and moved in with her mother" as being the home with the tanning bed, not the home her ex was dying in. I don't believe the mother and mother-in-law are neighbours, unless someone can clarify that.
Looking through the pics of VW’s home was odd, staged and empty but that tanning bed like front and center. Tanning is kinda like smoking. I quit both by the time I was 30. How will VW deal with her tan fading while on the run?

For those who were looking at stereotypes and so forth earlier, here’s an article that was posted today that discusses other people who’ve gone down this sort of road with a criminal and it mentions Bad Boy Syndrome. Vicky White had a 'special relationship' with inmate Casey White. Here are some other people who fell in love with inmates behind bars – KION546
Unfortunately I think these titles give an aura of romanticism and excitement they don't convey how horrendous the actual actions are. Its sad. I remember a woman who was jailed who had horiffically abused her toddler and her husband was sticking by her. LE believed these people were in a cult of some sort. In a way this story of VW and CW has parallels in a certain way. I'm talking about the mentality here of the husband who stuck by this woman.

I can't help but notice the similarities in style and utility of an Edge and a Tiguan. To me they look similar. If the reports of the Edge are true then I can see why it was purchased. Like her mother in law said she believed the VW had socked away cash for a long time and VW may have gotten an early cash advance on her retirement. I think the max allowed a poster said was $50,000. So we don't really know how much cash she has.

Which state do you think they are in tonight, and why?
I’m just hoping it’s NOT Colorado! Lol
A lot of fugitives seem to like hiding out here.
Like the Texas 7 , back in 2000.
They were hiding out about 20 miles from where I live.
The last 2 to be apprehended were in a hotel just up the street from where I was working, drove past it every day and stopped at the convenience store nearby on lunch breaks! :eek:

Last edited:
Locals are saying it’s a training exercise .... eek ... hope they’re right! I can’t imagine them coming to Canada ... but who knows?
I really want to make a joke that someone confused AL-berta with AL-abama... but google tells me there is an annual exercise called "Maple Resolve" around this time of year. Here's an article about last year's: Black Hawk helicopters spotted over Edmonton are part of Exercise Maple Resolve at CFB Wainwright - Edmonton | Globalnews.ca

Trying to hit on something new here rather than just endlessly rehash but there does not seem to be much left at this point lol. Anyway, very unlikely I'm sure but there's always that remote possibility that VW was not completely on board with this, even though she obviously did extensive advanced planning over time and carried it out. I can only think of two that might be considered mitigating circumstances:

1) Mental impairment. Being between able to function normally and obviously impaired. I have known of this twice, personally. Older men who were in the early stages of some kind of dementia and fell for romance scams. All I know is that they were "with it" enough to hide what they were doing at the time. Dementia, brain tumor, etc. Hoping a medical person can weigh in here.

2) Blackmail. If he made threats to have someone go after her family if she did not go along with him, in a way that she believed and also believed the law would not be able to stop it.
Well, I don't think its comparable to a mental health issue. I don't see why self fulfillment isn't being discussed here in this post. She has been in law enforcement for a long time to know how it works, he was in jail and she was outside she had access to authorities help. So IMO it can't be either of these things.

I doubt anyone would want to run away to Alberta right now. That's where I am tonight and it is snowing!
Actually Alberta is kind of a dream location for me. I may end up living there someday. I'd like to check out Salmo and nearby tiny towns.

And -- it's snowing here too today, and I'm in California! :D

Haha. You were ahead of the Good Sheriff then.;)

——Speaking with CNN's Fredricka Whitfield on Saturday morning, Singleton said his office is approaching the case from three angles: Whether Vicki White was overpowered and kidnapped; whether she assisted inmate Casey White in escaping; and if she assisted him, whether she did so willingly or was coerced or threatened to do so.

"Whether she assisted him or not, we don't know, and we won't address that until we have absolute proof that that's what happened. We are assuming at this point that she was taken against her will, unless we can absolutely prove otherwise," Singleton said Friday.

I don't think the higher levels of LE such as the FBI view this as the case (they may agree with him though outwardly.) Singleton probably doesn't believe this also but has to say it because he has to appear professional. However, LE probably has a lot more info that they aren't sharing and rightly so. So in reality they are just saying this to throw the public off and those two.

I don't think the higher levels of LE such as the FBI view this as the case (they may agree with him though outwardly.) Singleton probably doesn't believe this also but has to say it because he has to appear professional. However, LE probably has a lot more info that they aren't sharing and rightly so. So in reality they are just saying this to throw the public off and those two.
And isn’t that quote from a week ago Saturday, at the very beginning?

MOO but she’s been avoiding cameras and she was smart enough to ditch the first vehicle. It’s like needles in a haystack to find people who are laying low. They had a week-long head start due to the car being towed, too. Everyone was looking for an orange vehicle while they’ve probably been cruising around in something black. She had aliases and has probably continued that. She kept all of her cards close to her vest. I can’t imagine that’s changed.
I don't think LE's beat or exhausted what they can do from an investigative stand point yet. Takes time to gather her personal electronic devices, extract the data from them, analyze it. Time to interview various people who might have pertinent information--co-workers, inmates, relatives, etc. Time to subpoena bank records and analyze those. Get camera footage from freeways all over the southeast. Although if they are on back roads there won't be much camera footage. Press conferences this week should be more fruitful in terms of indicating the directions LE's looking as they try to shake trees and see what falls out based on info they've found in their investigations.
I think at the very least LE should be able to determine some geographic boundaries in which to focus their efforts based on what they find investigating VW's activity over the last 2 years.

And isn’t that quote from a week ago Saturday, at the very beginning?
I guess yeah it is. But at the same time it is tempting to think that right away LE would've realized that they'd been scammed by the jailer. So my statement stands as it could be that LE realized this immeadiately after they started looking for them.

I would bet the rent that he is turning from a dreamboat into a nightmare as the days roll on. She is, or soon will be, kicking herself for breaking this loser out of jail and throwing her life away. MOO
Oh yes. This so called relationship won’t last, IMO. He is a creep and always will be. She won’t have friends or anyone to talk to. He will see to that. What a nightmare.

Oh yes. This so called relationship won’t last, IMO. He is a creep and always will be. She won’t have friends or anyone to talk to. He will see to that. What a nightmare.
So true. He sounds like he is seriously, dangerously mentally ill. To a degree that he needs to be locked up, supervised and medicated for the rest of his life.

This is the first time I have read that the threatened ex and sister of CW now have FBI protection.

Was the car not working properly? Probably. Because 2 hours isn't a lot of time to get further away. Why ditch it? They either hid somewhere or stole another vehicle. Perhaps the Edge was parked near there somwhere (if thats a correct report although maybe its not.) Could they have gone horseback stealing horses? I don't think so though they probably had more supplies than a horse could carry. So I think they stole a vehicle. I hope they didn't carjack one.

I imagine if they are both still alive, that they are sleeping in shifts, so that one person is awake and alert at all times. But I do agree with you...at most one person will make it out alive. I don't think Casey White will go back to jail/prison; he will die at his own hand before allowing that to happen.
I hadn’t thought about sleeping in shifts. Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71