Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her mom is also going to suffer thinking of those 5 weeks they lived together, if only she’d picked up on something and she could have talked her out of it.

I hope her mom doesn't beat herself up over it for the rest of her life. I think VW's end was tragic and I also think that VW 100% chose to do exactly what she wanted to do. Nobody's intervention would have changed her path, imo.

And, yes, it was wrong. It was massively wrong in so many ways. But some part of me hopes VW had a few genuine moments of happiness in the recent past.

Wishing peace for VW's loved ones.

Jmo.

hey were married like me

That got me thinking.. what if they had gotten married while on the run? Would that change anything?

I wouldn't put too much credit into her being employee of the year, its not like she saved a puppy from a burning cellblock, prolly just had least amount of sick days or something even less heroic.

But not this year, this year she does deserve it, she was manipulated by a con man and paid with her life, in the line of duty. I say she should be employee of the year this year too. edit: oh it WAS this year... well I hope they don't take it away.

Why would he shoot her, and not himself either (or too?). Personally, I don't doubt that she killed herself. Law enforcement in prison have it especially hard. Often in protective custody (solitary confinement 23 hours/day). She made no efforts to conceal that she was the one who liberated him from prison. She knew they had her dead to rights, and she'd never be free again. Lots of motivation for suicide, as far as I can see...
Maybe something serios that happened while they've been on the run that she would tell about. Is he a lifer? What was he in prison for?

Vicky White, who was driving, shot herself at some point before she was captured and taken to the hospital with 'very serious' injuries, Wedding said.

The Vandenburgh County Coroner said she died at 7.06pm on Monday, according to WHNT reporter Emily Moessner.

Possibly this has already been floated as a hypothesis earlier on this lightning-fast thread, so apologies if it’s not a new idea—but have we considered that they may have married in an effort to ensure spousal privilege if/when either was (or both were) apprehended? In AL it looks like the whole process of getting legally married could be completed without ever having to appear face to face with anyone other than a notary (the couple just fills out a form, gets it notarized, mails it into the county Probate office with the required filing fee) so theoretically they could’ve gone this route if they found themselves an unwitting notary…Just a hypothesis, though!

Last edited:
Initially when I heard she had a gunshot wound, I wondered if CW did it to spin the narrative and make it seem like he was the victim. Especially if the evidence points to her plotting this ( selling house, motel etc). I think the fact he went on to call her “wife” tells me he doesn’t want to play the victim card and she did indeed commit suicide.

I do think she just had a dark side and maybe was battling depression or something and wanted to live out a fantasy. I do find it weird that she was getting an award when so many people had horrible things to say about her when she was on the run.

That got me thinking.. what if they had gotten married while on the run? Would that change anything?

I wouldn't put too much credit into her being employee of the year, its not like she saved a puppy from a burning cellblock, prolly just had least amount of sick days or something even less heroic.

But not this year, this year she does deserve it, she was manipulated by a con man and paid with her life, in the line of duty. I say she should be employee of the year this year too. edit: oh it WAS this year... well I hope they don't take it away.
If they did get married on the run, the only thing I can possibly think of is that the court cannot order a spouse to testify against the other.

Other than CW's words, I don't think we have any evidence yet that they were legally married.

JMO

Mmmm. I disagree. I think that her actions in freeing a murderer negate "Employee of the Year". That's a reward for good behavior. Freeing convicts isn't a good thing for employees to do.

Possibly this has already been floated as a hypothesis earlier on this lightning-fast thread, so apologies if it’s not a new idea—but have we considered that they may have married in an effort to ensure spousal privilege if/when either was (or both were) apprehended?
That occurred to me.

Though we all here kept saying we hoped for an early capture....
We all have been captivated by this one, and probably some of us, secretly, wanted to keep seeing them evade LE. It is our voyeurism that has us in a state of grief. Sometimes the greater story is with the consumer of horrible crimes.
We will get over it, but for the moment, I think so many of us all feel sad.
Well said. I certainly do.

Mmmm. I disagree. I think that her actions in freeing a murderer negate "Employee of the Year". That's a reward for good behavior. Freeing convicts isn't a good thing for employees to do.
True. But I can't walk in her shoes and know what she was going through in life. And we are all one bad day away from going to prison or one bad day away from doing something stupid. I bet that's what he told her about his crime, one bad day in which he lost control. maybe due to drugs. Funny how we blame the users of drugs, instead of those who ship them here by the tons.

What do you mean by "witnessing more damage done by this"? The Ridgways will hopefully have their day in court, as they should, to determine if CW caused their loss.
Because they are seeing more damage/families ruined by this man ( and Vicki).This could also push their court/dates and closure (no such thing IMO) off with all of this. Sorry if I've offended you.

I am frankly surprised that CW called VW his wife.
All along I have been sure this guy was manipulating VW, using her for his own purposes...freedom, and that he would likely discard her at some point while on the run.

So did he genuinely have affection for her? Did he care about her, love her?

Or did this come out of his mouth with some other purpose? If so, what? Money, the estate? What benefit would that be while he's in prison for the rest of his life? Spousal privilege in a trial? Maybe.
Some sort of sympathy seeking for this tragedy? Not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeeeeeeeen